Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good morning all! Got about 6 hours left in the ride back from NC this morning. 

having some breakfast and then we will be hitting the road. I’ve got to say I had a such a good time down there with some good spies and look forward to future events. I’ve got a lot to update with more photos, round recaps, and Edel updates, but that will have to wait until I’m home!

until then here’s on of my favorite photos from the weekend. It’s @Getoffmylawn with some nice form hitting his approach shot.  if you look closely up ahead you’ll notice my drive up ahead on the right of his about 15-20 yards past. 😉

IMG_5357.jpeg

I have to tease Hayes because most of the time he was well past my drives, so I took advantage when I could do that so I could win an internet argument. 

what a great post.. nice move for sure and nice drive by you... 

committed to performance excellence

19 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Good morning "spy's" 

I need to talk about how important this win by Nick Taylor is for Canadian Golf and our sport. 

I don't know if you have heard but we are a hockey country, but we love golf. We play golf, yes  90% of the country doesn't golf until May long weekend but once the courses open, we golf, we talk golf, we drink golf and we dust winter off and play golf.

It is such a family game in Canada, we talk about our parents playing golf, our grandparents playing golf and our great grandparents playing golf. We talk about our siblings playing golf, I guess you get the point.

In my mind there is one person that ignited this batch of great Canadian golfers and thank you Mike Weir for winning the 2003 Masters. This batch watched that and somewhere deep in their consciousness it triggered they could play this game at a hight level.

And Golf Canada. Now I wasn't in the room when a group of "golfers" said,  and I am supposing this not quoting this "we develop elite hockey players in this country why don't we put a plan in place to develop elite golfers in this country" And that is exactly what they did. I believe the man they tasked for this is Doug Roxburgh, Canadian golf hall of fame recipient and my friend.

Anyway I will never forget "where I was" when that 72 foot putt dropped..

Have a great day everyone...

With all the great young Canadian players I'm thinking they will all be shooting for the 2024 Presidents Cup in Montreal.  Canada should be well represented.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

With all the great young Canadian players I'm thinking they will all be shooting for the 2024 Presidents Cup in Montreal.  Canada should be well represented.

I am pretty sure all the canadian hopefuls are helping mike weir cut his lawn lol

committed to performance excellence

9 minutes ago, Triple_Putt said:

Good morning all! Going to be a busy week for me. Weather looks on and off, gotta figure out which day I can play this week. Hope it’s a great day for everyone!

Happy Belated birthday!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good Morning everyone!  It's a rest day for my thumb, so no golf.  Instead I'll be taking apart the gutter downspout on the front of our house... that should hurt be fun!  The last heavy rainfall showed that the downspout is blocked, probably from roofing debris left over from the new roof that was put on last fall. An YES that means I'll be on a ladder!!  😬

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Top of the pot spies ☕. Another week with four rounds on the schedule.  My exercise routine and post round heating bean bag seems to be keeping the bearing greased.  Finishing up our second cups of coffee and watching this guy who visits this spot in the morning sun pretty regularly.  We think he lives inside or under our hose reel box.

lizard.jpg.01c29db02121ac431fc1b31a8507e2ce.jpg

Time for a couple of huevos and toast.  One of my fishing buddies showed me a way to cook/poach eggs that require no butter/oil in a non-stick pan, never get burned, and brain dead easy to get that perfect solid white and flowing yolk 👍.  Add some Tapatio, salt and pepper... voila. 

eggs.jpg.588a47206e00bbfb5c837f8b9fb7db3f.jpg

1107 tee time today at Desert Springs.  The good thing about our Monday later tee times is that its a bit more conducive for having a beer or two afterwards.  Have a great day everybody.

Thought that sauce looked familiar- I've got it by the gallons at the house🤪 and the eggs look really good too-

Edited by Merlin1313

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

42 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

That's giving yourself a pat on the back! 😂  Good job!

Who else is going to do it😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

33 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  It's a rest day for my thumb, so no golf.  Instead I'll be taking apart the gutter downspout on the front of our house... that should hurt be fun!  The last heavy rainfall showed that the downspout is blocked, probably from roofing debris left over from the new roof that was put on last fall. An YES that means I'll be on a ladder!!  😬

We want…

IMG_1059.jpeg.6c9f08d682baee4dc5b5e5bda1848d02.jpeg

Not…

IMG_1060.gif.845ac05f23b6e6f93c6e1f4c928c3eb3.gif

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Can’t make this stuff up.  Here’s one of our snowbirds (who won’t leave) and notice the shirt, he mistakenly put on his wife’s top….unfortunately those are his shorts.IMG_4745.jpeg.0b9efc36cbd02be86a5e0792554d5420.jpeg

Who’s his stylist? Stevie Wonder? 😂

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Just now, MattWillGolf said:

Who’s his stylist? Stevie Wonder? 😂

Have to agree😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Good morning fellow spies. Getting in my daily dose of caffeine while preparing for the necessary ingredients to brew some beer later today. Took about 6 months away from brewing when life got busy so excited to get the system fired up again. Any other home brewers among us? Play league on Wednesday and then Fathers Day events all weekend starting on Friday night. Not as much golf in the forecast but it's gonna be a fun one none the less.

I haven't home brewed in quite some time. I used to constantly in our old house, where I had a great spot to let everything ferment properly. 

My last batch maybe 4-5 years ago was a nice firecracker ale, where I included a pound of red hot candies during the final boil. It was a huge hit at our summer cookout. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Good morning fellow spies. Getting in my daily dose of caffeine while preparing for the necessary ingredients to brew some beer later today. Took about 6 months away from brewing when life got busy so excited to get the system fired up again. Any other home brewers among us? Play league on Wednesday and then Fathers Day events all weekend starting on Friday night. Not as much golf in the forecast but it's gonna be a fun one none the less.

I was a home brewer many years ago when I lived in San Francisco. Our Home Brew Club was the San Andreas Malts. Anchor Brewing back in the day would host the Home Brewers competition for the west coast. I used to volunteer to help organize it. It was a lot of fun we had free access to the brewery. Anchor was gracious enough to open their taproom to everyone at lunch time. It’s sad to see what’s become of Anchor Brewing since Sapporo bought them. They will stop shipping out of California and will no longer produce their Christmas Ale.

2 hours ago, Lee Stanek said:

Today I am playing a fundraiser 4-person scramble for work!

Today you are a professional golfer.....getting paid to play!

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/ProLaunch 45 S

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Ping G430 Max 5 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 Max 7 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 4 hyrid w/AltaCB 70 R

Toura Golf CB 6-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° GW and Vokey Sm10 wedges 52° and 57°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

Good morning "spy's" 

I need to talk about how important this win by Nick Taylor is for Canadian Golf and our sport. 

I don't know if you have heard but we are a hockey country, but we love golf. We play golf, yes  90% of the country doesn't golf until May long weekend but once the courses open, we golf, we talk golf, we drink golf and we dust winter off and play golf.

It is such a family game in Canada, we talk about our parents playing golf, our grandparents playing golf and our great grandparents playing golf. We talk about our siblings playing golf, I guess you get the point.

In my mind there is one person that ignited this batch of great Canadian golfers and thank you Mike Weir for winning the 2003 Masters. This batch watched that and somewhere deep in their consciousness it triggered they could play this game at a hight level.

And Golf Canada. Now I wasn't in the room when a group of "golfers" said,  and I am supposing this not quoting this "we develop elite hockey players in this country why don't we put a plan in place to develop elite golfers in this country" And that is exactly what they did. I believe the man they tasked for this is Doug Roxburgh, Canadian golf hall of fame recipient and my friend.

Anyway I will never forget "where I was" when that 72 foot putt dropped..

Have a great day everyone...

Love Hockey! Stanley Cup just wrapped up.  Your hockey players are into the golf world as well.  This is one of my favorite pictures of the Stanley Cup!  You might recognize your fellow Canadian Alex Pietrangelo.  He had brought the Cup home to play around with it in 2019! He even tried to Bank a putt off it on one of the greens! 😍

image.png.f5755c077f39595e7c77fa49482c1a8a.png

B

20 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Can’t make this stuff up.  Here’s one of our snowbirds (who won’t leave) and notice the shirt, he mistakenly put on his wife’s top….unfortunately those are his shorts.IMG_4745.jpeg.0b9efc36cbd02be86a5e0792554d5420.jpeg

Looks like he might need an eye exam putting that outfit on. 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

One of my fishing buddies showed me a way to cook/poach eggs that require no butter/oil in a non-stick pan, never get burned, and brain dead easy to get that perfect solid white and flowing yolk

Will you please share this method to cook/poach eggs?  If it is brain dead easy, then maybe I can pull it off.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/ProLaunch 45 S

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Ping G430 Max 5 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 Max 7 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 4 hyrid w/AltaCB 70 R

Toura Golf CB 6-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° GW and Vokey Sm10 wedges 52° and 57°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

The forum is 🔥 this morning!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and it was great to follow many of the Spies on their trip to Pinehurst.

No golf for me this past weekend, but really looking forward to playing with my Pops this upcoming weekend in the Father-Son Tournament at his course.  Makes me smile every chance we get to play together.

Have a great start to your week everyone.

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

2 hours ago, Preeway said:

... regular/non-hazy IPA on Wednesday. Not really a west coast style but more like Bell's Two-Hearted

Nice! ...you're talking my happy hour lingo there 👍🍻

There's a fun store not too far from me - old time hardware store (tall shelves, narrow aisles, stocked with a little bit of *everything*) .. then a home brewing shop in the middle (with all kinds of parts and gadgets) .. and then a gun shop in the back.

Haven't gotten into home brewing myself, though - I'm happy on the consumption side 🤪 and golf is my expensive hobby!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Just now, richk9holes said:

Neither do his clothes!

True….

Rick

Left Hand,