Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The previous owner is a nice guy, but he was an idiot when he put in the zones and heads.  I'm still wrestling with his idiocy.  

Zone 1 has heads next to the house on the left side AND heads on the upper level of my backyard on the right side.
Zone 2 has heads on the lower level left next to Zone 1 AND lower level right backyard.
Zones 3 and 4 are OK
Zone 5 is in half my front yard.
Zone 6 is the other half of the front yard AND the the side yard on the other side of my 3-car driveway.

To make matters worse, he had different types and brands of sprinkler heads; Rain Bird, Toro, Orbit, and Hunter AND they are at different depths... heads are 2". 3" and 4".  Some are rotating streams, shrub heads, impact; I'm slowly converting them to Rain Bird to minimize spare parts, but I never know what length I need until I dig it up.

I'm certain this layout made perfect sense to him 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, skraeling said:

Good morning once again from the shores of Hawaii.
IMG_6020.jpeg.2fda8ed8ca84d963b9f5e2e7ce140d16.jpeg

Only one day left here then get to head back to Midwest hell temps.

the good news though is I’ll be ending it on a high note and playing mamala bay gc in about 2hrs.

This is right across from Pearl.  Should be nice.  How many penalty strokes is it if you slice it into a 777 or F22?IMG_6019.jpeg.a6fa4535a5c1dbc4bb20727b0e9b6d33.jpeg

If I had a dollar for every take-off and landing into and out of Hickam.  I did play MB once when we were brokedown hard and awaitig parts.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

12 hours ago, SpencerKelly said:

Morning Spies! Home with a sick kiddo today. Running a fever but otherwise doing fine. Doc McStuffins and jammies on the couch for her today.

Hope she feels better soon. 🙏🏼❤️‍🩹

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Thanks @MattWillGolf. Turned out to be strep throat. A round of Amoxicillin and we'll be all good.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

11 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Catalina 22, Mk 1 1980 blue hull white deck, swing keel, pop top, kickup rudder, lifelines on side stantions but did not have a pushpit rail so fitted aft stantions and lifeline around the cockpit.

image.png.05165a44aaea082cd6cedc65fa5da3d7.png

Rigged for single handing and extended cruising.

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Nice! We've sailed the great lakes for about 35 yrs. Started out in a 17' Holder cuddy cabin (made by Hobie Cat), then progressed  through several sailboats til we bought our final one , a  42 Beneteau in 2009. Sold it in 2017 as sailing began to compete with golf.  I miss sailing/cruising but don't miss the maintenance and the $$$. 

The Catalina 22 was very popular here on the Columbia River.  I bought a MacGregor 25 in 1983 which also had the swing keel; necessary in the river.  Maybe that why I ended up with MacGregor irons!?!  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Preeway said:

The one good thing about being a teacher is the 10 weeks you get to refresh. Off to the course this morning with the kiddo to give him another chance to beat me. He’s sporting a 16 handicap now and I’m a 5. He’s come close so maybe this will his day. I’m pretty good at getting in his head so if he gets on a hit streak, well, let’s just say I know how to cool him off. 😂 

Thank you for being a teacher.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Good morning Spies, on what already feels like an early afternoon for me. 🤪

Actually, been working since about 6:00AM EST trying to get a customer to understand that their data system made an error which caused "panic" at upper executive management levels.

I found the error, reported it to my team internally yesterday, and late last night received an email from the customer representative asking questions about it.

Hoping it is resolved, at least it now is understood, and work life can return to "normal."

Summer hours, so I stop at noon, and have a tee time this afternoon, which should get me my 5th round score and the MGS bag tag headed my way. 👍

Have a great day, make it the best you possibly can, and still wishing those traveling "Safe Travels" to your destination.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Daniel Carrier said:

Good morning all! Playing in the friday league at the Club this afternoon! Range session tomorrow morning because I need to prep for the qualifiers of the interclub B competition (monday to wednesday). Hope to make the team again this year. The competition will be held this year at the prestigious Kanawaki Golf club. It's close to home for me and has a long history. The Disney movie "The Greatest Game Ever Played", starring Shia LaBeouf, and based on the true story of Francis Ouimet at the 1913 US Open, was filmed at Kanawaki. Sure hope to play there!

image.png.82b42d2855e57f917d198e50aa4c5f60.png 

well, look at that, I played Kanawaki in the Canadian Men's senior amateur, I think it was 2016 or 2017. You are correct it is a beautiful course with a spectacular clubhouse, this picture doesnt show how uphill that second shot is going into 18. We were welcomed with open arms and the food there was spectacular, another fun thing is the members locker room has Montreal Canadians names on the lockers... enjoy if you get to play there.

committed to performance excellence

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning everyone! It's a nice cool Friday morning here and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee before walking into work. It's finally Friday and I hope everyone has a good start to the weekend.

I got to play yesterday and even though I didn't score well, I'm starting to see some things in my game that's making me think good scores are on the horizon. 

I hope you all have a good day!

I can relate on the golf front. I’m hitting some shots I have never made before but just can’t quite put it all together. And this year, I can’t hit my driver worth a darn but my 3 wood off the tee has been a more consistent fairway finder. This game makes me crazy 🤪

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

2 hours ago, Daniel Carrier said:

Good morning all! Playing in the friday league at the Club this afternoon! Range session tomorrow morning because I need to prep for the qualifiers of the interclub B competition (monday to wednesday). Hope to make the team again this year. The competition will be held this year at the prestigious Kanawaki Golf club. It's close to home for me and has a long history. The Disney movie "The Greatest Game Ever Played", starring Shia LaBeouf, and based on the true story of Francis Ouimet at the 1913 US Open, was filmed at Kanawaki. Sure hope to play there!

image.png.82b42d2855e57f917d198e50aa4c5f60.png 

I highly recommend the book of the same name by Mike Frost.

Good morning! It's Friday (aka work from home day). My wife texted me at 8:30 asking if I wanted to head to the range. I can't because I am working, of course. But I love the suggestion! We also have a joint lesson at 9am tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2