Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

GOLFTEC

Recently did the swing eval and bought a 5 pack of lessons.

Eval was about 30 min and it was a discussion of goals, how you play, etc.

you hit into a screen and then they overlay the video with how you swing compared to a zero hc. after that it's a bit of a mini lesson (15 min) trying to fix one of the flaws in your swing.

then comes the 'recommendation' from the coach on what he thinks the best plan is for you. 

my guy recommended something that would be awesome - I think it was like 10 lessons, some on course, free fitting, etc. - but it was around 2800 dollars (!!!!)

I told him that was a lot more than I was looking for so he asked what I would like and we agreed on a 5 lesson package to start with the eval being free. 

I also received a veteran discount and it came to around 400 and change.

Their lessons are 30 min each and I asked why and the answer made sense; they don't want to overwhelm people with too much and would rather them practice one thing for a while.

I've done 2 lessons so far and it's really worked well for me. I'm working strictly on my irons right now and my GIR have gone up, I'm more consistent and my dispersion is tighter.

The good thing is everything is posted online to their "clubhouse" and you can watch your lessons whenever you want. they add some drills to use at home too.

Like everything - you have to practice it. I practice every day in my backyard for about 30-45 minutes and it has helped.

I told my coach that I don't want to swing like a robot and if my angle of this and angle of that aren't precise but within reason then I'm okay and he's doing a good job of abiding by that.

I have 3 more lessons and will probably do them on driver and wedges. You can choose putting too, but I don't plan on doing that.

Overall I'm pleased so far. Hope this helps!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

18 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Looking for comments and/or experience from anyone who has utilized their swing evaluation, club fitting or taking a golf lesson from them.

From and old Golftec coach, do not burn a hole in your wallet, pick what fits your budget. They are taught to over sale to hit monthly budgets. Coaches are very underpaid which forces them to over sale more than they need to. In my last year as a coach I was forced to sale a lesson package worth $2400 to a gentleman that was in hindsight on his death bed. It is a sad and a greedy business. Do not spend your money with these crooks. 

I did the swing evaluation about a year ago.  It was a gift from my parents.  I mentioned that when the instructor asked if I was interested in lessons so she didn't press.  

I liked the eval.  Like @StrokerAce's experience, I took a few cuts and then was compared to a golfer in their database; in my case it was Speith.  Got a few tips and some ideas for the future.

The nice thing was the aforementioned "clubhouse." I've gone back and revisited that session a few times last year as a refresher.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

20 hours ago, MikeF said:

Looking for comments and/or experience from anyone who has utilized their swing evaluation, club fitting or taking a golf lesson from them.

I'll let you know after August/September because I'm getting a "pack" of lessons because of things.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

20 hours ago, MikeF said:

I went through a swing eval and 10 lesson pack back in 2010.  At the time I was about a 12 handicap and had a completely self-taught swing.  At the time I thought the lessons were extremely worthwhile.  Getting that instant video feedback of different positions and rotations really helped me see what an "ideal" swing would be.  My handicap dropped from a 12 to an 8 that summer.

The negative side of things is really that no two swings are alike and it may do you more harm than good if you get an instructor that only can teach to the numbers they have in their database.  While it's cool to see my swing vs Tiger's, am I really ever going to be able to play like him?  The good coaches at Golftec will be able to go above and beyond that data, while the poor ones will only know how to stick to their template.

The only other thing I would add is to make sure you practice what they teach you.  I would always go to the driving range right after the lesson while the ideas were still fresh in my head to try and really hammer home the lesson of the day.  Good luck with the lessons!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

my guy is Zach Johnson. 
I think what he did is he saw my swing flaw - outside-in-fade-swing - and knew I wanted to come more from the inside so he picked a guy that does that really well.
We're also about the same size; I'm 5'9 and 185.
I learned really quickly and started hitting nice 4-5 yard draws.
Now he's got me trying to keep my wrists bowed at impact - that's a tough one for me.
Kid seems to be pretty good and isn't stuck on 'numbers' like a lot of the golftec videos out there.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Hopefully @cksurfdudewill chime in as he has had some experience with them.  I was about to go the GT direction but chose to use Monty Scheinblum as he (Rebellion Golf) had a holidays special pricing going on.  I've heard good and bad about GolfTec and, like fitters, it's quite location/staff dependent (true for many things really).  At 62 and with a left shoulder that has seen better days, the last thing I wanted was a 20 something year old trying to model my swing after a professional player. 

As it turned out, Monty did something similar, using Justin Rose as the swing model.  A split screen with Rosie on the left and me on the right.  It is a good teaching aid to show the student, visually, what they are explaining.  Why Justin I have know idea. I was going to continue the video based instruction but since we now live in an area with lots of golf instructors, opted to switch to in-person, one on one.  I purchased a 4 lesson pack and only have met once since my backs been bugging me.  He teaches in studio using a LM and immediately started focusing on the clubface at impact number and moving me away from my OTT tendency.  I'll complete 3 remaining sessions over the summer and reassess if this teaching format is working.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

As it turned out, Monty did something similar, using Justin Rose as the swing model.  A split screen with Rosie on the left and me on the right.  It is a good teaching aid to show the student, visually, what they are explaining.  Why Justin I have know idea.

Monte likes Rose's swing because he practices the downswing move that Monte has been focusing on for years, and highlights in all of his videos.  Here's the drill Rose uses and Monte likes:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Monte likes Rose's swing because he practices the downswing move that Monte has been focusing on for years, and highlights in all of his videos.  Here's the drill Rose uses and Monte likes:

Well shoot, I thought by chance it was because my swing was oh so close to Justin's 😆.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

There’s as many bad experiences out there as good ones for lessons with golftec. The bad ones are real bad with ruined swings.

There better and more cost effective coaching out there. Dan Carraher is $50/lesson on skillest and he’s one of the best coaches out there. Monte is affordable and has a few different options.

For $500/year Gankas or Milo lines online courses come with swing analysis along with courses and drills. Imo far better than golftec 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

to each their own I suppose.

I like the fact that GT uses video analysis and can utilize super slow-mo and has quantifiable measurements along with comparisons to baseline golfers.

I'm not trying to become perfect but in my mind if I can remember the things that help me get in the proper positions then I'm happy.

other thing with GT is you'll know right away if that kind of instruction is right for you. if it's not don't feel bad about moving on...

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

to each their own I suppose.

I like the fact that GT uses video analysis and can utilize super slow-mo and has quantifiable measurements along with comparisons to baseline golfers.

I'm not trying to become perfect but in my mind if I can remember the things that help me get in the proper positions then I'm happy.

other thing with GT is you'll know right away if that kind of instruction is right for you. if it's not don't feel bad about moving on...

Unless doing online that is available with nearly every instructor. And one can easily know right away if an instructor is a right fit. 

GT for the most part teaches a single swing, even if a golfer can’t make those movements. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 5/1/2023 at 11:29 AM, Old Pro said:

From and old Golftec coach, do not burn a hole in your wallet, pick what fits your budget. They are taught to over sale to hit monthly budgets. Coaches are very underpaid which forces them to over sale more than they need to. In my last year as a coach I was forced to sale a lesson package worth $2400 to a gentleman that was in hindsight on his death bed. It is a sad and a greedy business. Do not spend your money with these crooks. 

Hey there Oldpro. First off, welcome to the forum and thanks for your input. Hopefully you were able to add just a little bit of fun and joy to that customer your last year. Thank you.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet