Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Upcoming iron releases

Shroutie

I have an iron fitting scheduled this week but started wondering if I should hold off a couple months. I heard Titleist and Mizuno will be releasing new irons later this year and both brands are under consideration for my next set. When I demoed the T200s I hit them well but didn’t like it back of the iron, seemed cheap. I currently hit Mizunos and loved the 223s when I demoed them, but I believe they’ll be upgraded later this year. 

Anyone heard anything regarding this years Titleist/Mizuno releases? 

27 minutes ago, Shroutie said:

I have an iron fitting scheduled this week but started wondering if I should hold off a couple months. I heard Titleist and Mizuno will be releasing new irons later this year and both brands are under consideration for my next set. When I demoed the T200s I hit them well but didn’t like it back of the iron, seemed cheap. I currently hit Mizunos and loved the 223s when I demoed them, but I believe they’ll be upgraded later this year. 

Anyone heard anything regarding this years Titleist/Mizuno releases? 

I personally wouldn’t worry about what is coming.  If you get fit into this years model a new model won’t do much to improve performance.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Titleist irons should be releasing late summer or early fall to replace the current t series and probably cb

Nor sure about Mizuno as they are typically on 2 year cycles. The JPx line is 2023 and the Pro line was released last year and would expect them to be a 2024 release 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I personally wouldn’t worry about what is coming.  If you get fit into this years model a new model won’t do much to improve performance.    

That’s probably true, not sure there’s ever a perfect time to buy. If I wait for Titleist and Mizuno to release I could then make the same argument that I want to wait for the next Srixon/etc to be released as well. 

New Titleist will be later summer. Mizuno i don't know about, but they did just release the forged so don't think it will be anything immediate (absolutely just my hunch). 

Think you're safe with any of the current models.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

1 hour ago, Shroutie said:

That’s probably true, not sure there’s ever a perfect time to buy. If I wait for Titleist and Mizuno to release I could then make the same argument that I want to wait for the next Srixon/etc to be released as well. 

I think that's right for performance, but the other thing to consider there is price.   You don't want to pay full price for the current brand if they are going to drop in two months when a new release approaches.  In that sense you'd be better off waiting the two months.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

I've been holding off on irons, I want to see the new Titleist line. I got the 100S and 200s and like them a lot, banking on the new ones being better or dropping the price of the old model a bit.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

New Titleist will be later summer. Mizuno i don't know about, but they did just release the forged so don't think it will be anything immediate (absolutely just my hunch). 

Think you're safe with any of the current models.

I heard a rumor that the new Apex' will possibly be out this fall!!!!!! Those would be a REALLY good thing to test🤩

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

1 hour ago, SteveGH7 said:

I think that's right for performance, but the other thing to consider there is price.   You don't want to pay full price for the current brand if they are going to drop in two months when a new release approaches.  In that sense you'd be better off waiting the two months.

But that is a perpetual cycle; new clubs can come out if you just wait a few more months.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Any news/rumors about a replacement for the Ping G710 irons which were introduced in 2020? I'm half expecting to learn that the G430 HL is said replacement. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

The bottom line here is most of us don’t get to buy new sticks that often, so enjoy the process and get something you’re fitted to, performs well, works for you aesthetically, and that you’ll be happy with for years.  If that means waiting for the new stuff so that you can feel confident about your purchase, then wait.  Just don’t wait under the mistaken belief or concern that you’ll miss out on some sort of revolutionary new technology…the huge leaps and bounds in performance gains OEMs want you to believe happen don’t really happen.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Appreciate the feedback from everyone, I’m gonna go ahead and do the fitting. Would rather enjoy my first set of fitted irons sooner rather than later (hopefully I don’t have a 10 week wait like I’ve read).