Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What putters does everyone use?

RickyFlowers

Currently using an Odyssey Stroke Labs Black Rossie. I switch back and forth between the Rossie and a Scottie Kombi, depending on which one I am putting better with. My very first putter was a Zebra, but the second was the original Rossie II, which I still have, but don't use. Putting is probably my biggest strength, so having one that is doing what it is supposed to is uber important for my game and score.

ChattDJ

For decades I used the Odyssey White Hot Tour#1 putter. The past couple years, just being impatient, I tried Scotty Cameron and a couple Ping putters. Needless to say after starting the season with a Ping, I returned to my old favorite the Odyssey. Sometimes switching and searching doesn't necessarily workout. Btw, the Scotty is presently on display on my wall while the Pings I still have but up in the rafters.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

I use the Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11.  Just traded up from my Odyssey White Steel.  I felt that insert was the problem with my putting.. other than me.. I needed something with weight, but not too much.  I went to 1.9 putts per hole on average with this new putter.  What a difference material makes!

87060.jpeg

Edited by DeadGolfer

Deadgolf

Evnroll Midlock for me. Switched recently and it has made a world of difference on the mid-range putts (8-20 feet) over what I was using previously. 

Driver - image.png.8590c05cae60c384abb97afdef680562.png G425 LST 9° (@ 8°) | Shaft: Ping Tour 2.0 Black X-flex (1.0" short)

FW -   image.png.86e7aa7f20ff5fea693ff7deb88b3cf6.png SIM2 T.I. 13.5° | Tensei Blue X-flex (1.0" short)   

FW -    image.png.86e7aa7f20ff5fea693ff7deb88b3cf6.png S IM2 HL 16.5° | Tensei Blue X-flex (1.5" short)

4H - image.png.8590c05cae60c384abb97afdef680562.png G430 22° (@ 23°) | Tensei CK Pro Blue TX-flex (0.5" short)

5-PW - image.png.17ff27bffaa1408726b50b14d7ad1f64.png Pro 223 | Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour3 115 X-flex

GW - image.png.2b395f96aaebf845247ff06cbd492c36.png SM9 - 50°  08/F | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

SW -  image.png.2b395f96aaebf845247ff06cbd492c36.png SM9 - 54° 12/D | Dynamic Gold S200

LW - image.png.8590c05cae60c384abb97afdef680562.png Glide 4.0 - 58° 06/T | Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I use an Evnroll ER2B with Gravity Grip. I just switched to this putter a few months ago, and I just feel it. I highly doubt I'll be switching from this putter for a really long time. The grip feels amazing, I like how soft the ball comes off the face, and I'm a high 21.0 Handicapper so I don't hit the ball in the center all the time so the forgiveness has been exceptional. I didn't think I would notice a forgiveness with a putter, but now I'm consistently seeing balls "with good speed" that end up around the cup. It might just not be on target due to aiming, inability to read greens well etc.

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

This is going to be a little long, but I have been searching and testing for a while. I started playing golf 3 years ago. While I have worked my way into the 90's and low 100's most rounds, my putting has been pretty abysmal.   Over that 3 year period, I have had 7 putters. I have tinkered with face balanced, toe hang, armlock and even a GP Putter (Broomstick for face on putting).   Last year I tried a Big 7 Stroke Lab Armlock, and while I liked it from inside 10 feet, I was terrible with it outside 10'. Zero Distance control. Anything longer than 20 was even worse because any speed I put on it would just pop the ball up and get it bouncing, which is never a good result. So I gave up that armlock and went and bought a Ping Fetch from 2021. The black one.  I like the putter and the trick that it can pick the ball out of the cup. But I didn't like the grip. It was too small. So I changed it out for a Flat Cat solution large grip. That seemed to help somewhat with starting the ball on my intended line, but I still missed most putts at 5-6 feet.. Like almost all of them.   

This year I started tracking my shots more, including my putts, and I found I was averaging about 39-40 putts a round with my worst at 42. Six weeks ago I had a round at 94, but i had 7 three putts. Without that bad of a putting performance, I might have broken 90.  So as a tinkerer looking for a solution, I decided to try another armlock. I remember my distance control with the Big 7 was bad, but hell, it's bad with all putters.  Anyway, remembering how I used to pop the ball up with the Big 7, I did some research and ended up buying a Cobra Agera armlock at 41 inches. The reason I chose this putter was the SIK face. The Big 7 was a flat 7 degrees everywhere, while the Cobra with SIK Face had 4 different lofts designed to keep you consistent no matter how you hit the ball on that face.. That putter came in 3 weeks ago.  And while I liked the roll off the face (even though the sound is a bit ticky), it didn't sit right. I could not see my line. The stated lie angle was 72 degrees, and when I set up over the ball, It was just way too out in front of me. If I pulled it in closer, the heel would be way off the ground.  I took it to a local pro shop and had the lie measured and it was 71.5 degrees. I worked with the fitter to bend it more upright until I had it where I was comfortably over the club head in my stance (76.5 degrees upright).  And that was a night and day difference. I have exactly 1 round under my belt with it and I was on target and close. I had ONE three putt where I blew it by the hole about 10 feet on a downslope, but everything else was either in, or an easy tap in two putt. My round had 33 putts, and really could have been better as I burned the lip a couple times and a couple inches short a couple times. Looking at my stats on my roughly 40 other rounds this year, I never had less than 37 putts. 

I don't know if this last round was an anomaly, or whether the armlock-SIK face-Upright lie is my sweet spot, but I am hoping it wasn't just dumb luck as I am playing a tournament this weekend.  

WITB; VLS Driver, Srixon ZX 3 wood, Snake Eyes 3, 4 and 5 hybrids, TA Irons, Callaway Jaws High toe 54 and 58, Cobra Agera Armlock Putter. Trust Aurora Golf Balls. 

10 minutes ago, Emag315 said:

I forgot to ask….does anyone have any putting drills to work on pace/speed of putt?

I don’t know if you are taking about distance control or matching speed and read.  

If it is distance control do ladder drills or putt from the center of the green to the fringe.  I have an ExPutt simulator and it has been a great tool for working on distance control.  

If you are talking about speed and read, then you just need to go and practice green reading, take a class like aimpoint, buy the tour read app, or if you really like understanding the theory and math read Geoff Mangum’s work.  This also ties into feel vs mechanical thought and what/if you use for aiming (spot in front of the ball, apex, vector spot, spot left or right if the hole).  This is ultimately the challenge of putting; how do you match line and speed to hole the putt or lag it close.  Every putt has multiple lines/speed that will result in the ball going into the hole and some people advocate hitting the same putt with different lines/speed to practice matching speed and line.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Put my old TaylorMade TM-180 back in the bag. It’s been working well, but always looking at new putters. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've been using a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 for the last nine years and my family will bury me with it. 

I won it at an outing and couldn't figure out why someone would spend that kind of money on a putter.  Then I took it to the practice green after dinner and sank the first 10 putts I hit.  Fireworks went off overhead, lights went on and in an instant I "got it."

I've regripped it twice and might send it back to Scotty this off-season to have it refurbished but it's not leaving my bag.

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I am currently gaming an Odyssey tri hot 5K two with stock grip. Did a putter fitting and found this to be my best putter. I tend to consistently miss left and this Odyssey helped the most with that. I prefer putter faces with an insert and a smaller stock grip. This is the first blade putter I have ever used, I was always more of a face balanced CS kind of person, but the feel of this putter and results have changed my mind. 

Prior to that I had a Ping CS that I liked but missed too many putts to the left, the issue was I aimed left consistencly with that putter. 

I also have 2 other tri hors with stroke lab shafts, the double wide with plumbers necks and a slant neck 5S that isn't bad, but I am still more consistent with my tri hot 5K two. 

Tried a Toulon Las Vegas, but didn't like the feel of the face, non insert putters feel to hard to me. 

Edited by hoppman

For years I've alternated between an Odyssey Tank #7 counter-balanced putter and an Odyssey Rossie with a larger Superstroke grip. I have an Odyssey Jailbird 380 putter on order as it looks to be a combination of the other two.

TaylorMade woods, Callaway irons and wedges, and an Odyssey putter

2003 Bettinardi / Hogan BHB-9: I picked up a beat up one for cheap (beat up because it's made out of a solid piece of aluminum). I polished it up and always get people asking about it when I sink 'em. I use a pendulum style stroke so this works well for me. Jim Furyk won the 2003 US Open with one. 

330078440_243346204698016_8057692561790966065_n.jpg

334588857_148376941427200_3460763474691035956_n.jpg

334549399_167173999028746_7117537371839984872_n.jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Keep it super simple.

Since mid 90s I've had 

PING ZING2 in the bag for all but maybe 20ish rounds.

The other two I use share most characteristics of this putter, especially the Anser with same everything.

If it matters, I did try a Scotty for a month and found it to be less in every way in terms of actual performance. 

It did seem better outside of actual play, but was just not right on course.  For me it just never matched up speed wise to what I expected it to do.  

Obviously others are sold on them, I wasn't and thankfully don't really have any reason to run from my Zing2, as it outperforms most anyone I've played with during past 30 years.  Surely it isn't me doing that. 🤓

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

Been using an Evnroll ER1v, 33", short slant hosel, TourTac grip. Had the loft/lie adjusted earlier this year and it's made a world of difference. I feel like I can make anything inside of 10ft & I've never had that feeling.

I’d buy that for a dollar!

Driver: Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 @9 deg- MC Tensei AV Raw White 65 X-Stiff 

3 wood: Titleist TSR3 15deg @ 15.75deg, Graphite Design DI-7 S flex

Hybrid: Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Workshop Edition 2H 18 degree

Irons: Titleist 710 CB irons (4-P), Dynamic Gold S300, stock loft/lie

Wedges: Cleveland CG 15 50 degree, Wilson Staff TW9 54 degree, Titleist SM9 60 degree

Putter: Evnroll Er1V putter, short slant neck 33"

Ball: -Pro V1x

3 hours ago, No3Jacks said:

In over 60 years of playing, I've played them all, many more than once. My experience is that it's not the arrow, it's the Indian. These days it's a 2014 Cameron Squareback with a Super Stroke Traxion 3.0 XL grip.  I think the grip is just as important as the hardware.

I totally agree, the grip has a major impact on your putter swing, aim and hand tension.  I switched to a Super Stroke from a Scotty pistolero plus and it’s made a 2+ stroke gained advantage for me.  I should have done it a while ago.  I had a similar grip on my old gamer.  Should have realized that…

I think that’s the problem with custom putter fittings… you are usually stuck with one stock grips. Not sure what the answer is here.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Evnroll ER5v replaced my very tenured PING B61.  I'm not one to change gear very often and it amazes me how many folks switch putters so frequently.  I have enough of a challenge getting one to follow directions 😊.  What does have my attention is the one Lucas Glover and a few others are gaming right now.  To say it has transformed his putting game would be an understatement.  But, making this switch would likely involve some dedicated training.

glover-putter-comp-1694.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I bought a Lazrus putter about 4 months ago.  It's inexpensive and I love it.  You can get one online for under $80 and they have a blade one also now.  Before it I had about 10 different putters and now keep a Cleveland and an Odyssey along with the Lazrus.

I'm 72 years old and I enjoy playing golf at least once a week.

PXG 0211 Driver 10.5, with graphite senior shaft

PXG 0211 3W, 5W and 7W, with graphite senior shaft

Cobra F-Max Hybrid set 6,5,4 Hybrids, 7,8,9,PW,GW, graphite senior shaft (I'm old)

C3i 59 degree Sand Wedge, steel shaft

Odyssey DFX Double Wide 33" putter

I keep bouncing between an Odyssey Stroke Lab White Hot OG and a Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11. They perform about the same for me, but lately it seems like I have better distance control with the Odyssey, so I'm trying to stick with it.

Odyssey White Hot Versa Seven SL.

What's kind of weird about me is that when I switch putters it seems like my putting style changes almost completely. With this one all of a sudden I have an upright stance and very much a pendulum stroke. Before that I was using a Kirkland with a lot of forward lean to the shaft and almost arm locked, kind of medium bend at the waist, and before that a ping anser with an extreme bend at the waist and sort of a rock the baby motion with my shoulders and arms. I'm getting more consistent distance and roll now, which means that I'm giving myself short misses a lot of the time, but I've also been missing more putts in the 4-6 foot range than before, which is in practice kind of negating the leaving it close advantage on longer putts.

Callaway Epic Flash Driver (9 degree), Callaway Mavrik 3W, Titlelist 910H 3h, Taylormade Speed Blade irons (4i-PW), Kirkland v1 wedges (52-56-60), Odyssey Versa 7 putter. All clubs R-flex

This is a complex question for me. I have the following:

1. Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 (used the most)
  2. Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom 
  3. Odyssey #7
  4. 2 Odyssey Pro Type #2
  5. Scotty Cameron Detour

I switch based on green speed and how I am putting. If I am putting well then the Bettinardi stays in the bag. If the greens are really fast I switch to the Odyssey #2. It gives me better touch. If the greens are slow I switch to either the Phantom or the Odyssey #7. The Detour is for when I have lost my stroke and need to get back to a pure roll. Each one is the exact same length and they have identical grips. my stance and feel does not change. 

Steven "Marty" Grant

ping-scottsdale-wolverine.jpg.9c4c54f376352a5a19ed6fa258355964.jpgLike vehicles; (I've only had 5, and I'm 57), Putters are the same way.  I had some no name hand me down blade when began.  I then purchased a Dunlop putter around 1994ish (@$30).  I then had a layoff from golf from about 1999-2008, came back, really got into the game, and in about 2010-2011 I purchased my current putter, a       Ping Scottsdale "Wolverine", for $110.00 at the time.

Edited by Stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV