Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

US Open/Jason Dufner

JBones

Jason Dufner is playing out of his mind right now. He is hitting fairways, hitting greens, and his putter is hot. So this is my question, with him being the hottest player on the planet right now............is he your favorite to win the US Open? If not, who is?

I don't if he is THE FAVORITE but he is definitely considered. I am thinking it will be someone like Matt Kuchar, Luke Donald, or Rory (even though he isnt playing so well now). And me being a HUGE Phil Mickelson fan I always consider him a favorite :) Dufner is definitely considered because he is hot. If he stays hot, anything can happen.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Definitely a box of surprises. But the most amazing thing is how relaxed he looks on the course, it looks like he's not even trying.

"Oh, I'm leading by 10? I didn't know that *shrug*" :lol:

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

He was one of my picks to win the Masters. Everyone at the club thought I was nuts when I picked Jason Dufner. He did not do that great at the Master's but he has looked on the brink all season, and now obviously he is playing great.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

He's definitely got it going on right now. On that course the shotmakers are gonna have an advantage -- look out for Luke Donald - might be his turn.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I was going to say Luke Donald but too many others have - I rather fancy the Euros in the both Opens this year - just not sure which one of them.

I'd love to see either Phil or Ernie rise to the top though.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am watching Jason Dufner at the Colonial right now and he makes Fred Couples look like he is nervous as a cat.

Before he walked off the 18th green, he stopped long enough to autograph all the balls his caddies still had in his pocket, and handed them to the kids that were there. 2 extra points for Dufner. He almost smiled when he gave them out.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I rather fancy the Euros in the both Opens this year - just not sure which one of them.

I feel the same way. For some reason, the guys on the European Tour just seem more appealing. Look at their top players:

Rory McIlroy (1)

Luke Donald (2)

Lee Westwood (3)

Justin Rose (10)

Martin Kaymer (11)

Adam Scott (13)

Louis Oosthuizen (15)

Charles Schwartzel (16)

And the list goes on.

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Well, now what's the opinion on Jason?....Regardless of temperature & humidity, Sunday of the Open will be such that whoever is walking up #18 with the lead will be fighting for breadth...If its Jason, I don't know if he's at that level yet & I think he's gonna need an O2 tank...lol...How bout "Two Gloves?"....lol...I'm kiddin though I'm glad that Tommy got on the first page...He's good for the game!!.....Fairways and Greens 4ever.....

I feel like what happened to Jason yesterday was bound to happen sooner or later. Do I still he should be considered? Yes. But there are so many better golfers in this tournament, which makes his chances very slim. Maybe in a couple of years he will have what it takes. Who knows what will come from this? Will he play well with a week off, thinking that the pressure of being the favorite is off of him? Or will this week off just make him think about yesterday even more and make him play poorly during the US Open? Only time will tell I guess.

Well, now what's the opinion on Jason?....Regardless of temperature & humidity, Sunday of the Open will be such that whoever is walking up #18 with the lead will be fighting for breadth...If its Jason, I don't know if he's at that level yet & I think he's gonna need an O2 tank...lol...How bout "Two Gloves?"....lol...I'm kiddin though I'm glad that Tommy got on the first page...He's good for the game!!.....Fairways and Greens 4ever.....

He could always do what Kyle Stanley did. And 2nd place is nothing to scoff at...

Same opinion for me. He might not win, but he'll be in the race. You could see on his tee shots that his legs were simply too tired to for to hold the base for his turn. He's playing so much golf lately and got married as well, he just ran out of gas. A week or two off and he'll be fine again.

I wouldn;t mind seeing Bucky win though (what I call Louis with those teeth).

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived