Titleist 200/350 issues

Tiptx1122

On 12/14/2023 at 8:30 PM, Tiptx1122 said:

I’m very curious if anyone has had the back plate come off there T-200 or T-350. I just recently heard from 2 people that it’s a National issue coming from fitters from Club Champion.

Now I called several different Club Champion locations to include 2nd Swing who sponsored a certain Golf forum that I won’t mention and not one single person/fitter said they had been any issues with the back plate.

Im very happy with my T-350 as I hope that this doesn’t happen to me or anyone else and if it has happened to anyone I know Titleist will fix the issue. I think Titleist knocked it out of the park with the T-Series this year 

Mine came out of my 7 iron last week. Disappointed that Titleist wouldn’t just send a new one have to take it to the shop I bought it at and have them do a R/A which is going to take about 3 weeks very annoying. When my SIM 2 broke they just sent a new one out and got it in 3 day

IMG_8182.jpeg.eb85e630a235eb76bcc2e1da396155c4.jpeg

Edited by Prestonv13

I'm surprised that this has happened and it's very unfortunate. I had the T-350's and loved them as they were good looking with plenty of forgiveness and long. Feel was ok nothing great but I don't have a back up set as I would be SOL if that were to have happened to me especially if it were in the summer months. Just to have to send that iron back in and wait 3-4 weeks would have me very upset. I've heard of some owners were ask to send in their whole complete set to have them repaired and have the set inspected as there would be no way. 

Well to make a long story short I never had that happen to me but I only had mine for 3 1/2 months and maybe it was a bad batch IDK. I had to move on and went with something else as I guess my best memories will have came from my Titleist AP2 718's several years back. I still think Titleist makes some the best irons out there but I wasn't going to take a chance and become a victim. I hope things work out for you and you will have a good report later. 

Edited by RangerGrey

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Update to my post on 28/1/24.

Contacted the fitter who in turn contacted Titleist, they are sending me a new PW with my specs, so very pleased with the way my fitter and Titleist have handled the issue. Still using the PW and surprisingly haven't noticed any drop in performance. But putting back on my iron headcovers.

Desmond O'Connor

I'm curious as to how many people switched brands because of this issue as I do not have a back up set and there would be no way I could wait 3-4 weeks for them to repair my clubs no matter what the season was. I would be afraid of it happening again or if it didn't it might. Titleist should maybe send out $100 gift certificates out for everyone who has had to return their irons. Seriously as TaylorMade in the past sent me a free dozen of their TPX5  golf balls and just recently Callaway sent me their Tour Chrome dozen balls because of the day or 2 delay in shipping. Wow thank you as those are not cheap either.

all woods have CPX grips

Just had the 7 iron T350 backplate fall out.  I found it about 15’ from my tee spot.  It’s 58 degrees, so temperature shouldn’t be an issue.  Appears the adhesive was misplaced, barely touching on inside edge and none along outside edges.  Actually the outer edge may be a sound reducing material, but if it is it’s not complete.

I'm shopping for a new set of game improvement irons, and this has definitely given me second thoughts about having Titleist included in the mix.

Forgot to ask: where are these clubheads made?  As I shop, I'm finding it nearly impossible to find out, but if it's not an expensive Japanese forged head, it almost seems safe to assume that the answer is "China".

Edited by Bluesman57
Question about manufacture location

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2024 at 2:08 PM, Des O Connor said:

Update to my post on 28/1/24.

Contacted the fitter who in turn contacted Titleist, they are sending me a new PW with my specs, so very pleased with the way my fitter and Titleist have handled the issue. Still using the PW and surprisingly haven't noticed any drop in performance. But putting back on my iron headcovers.

Update to my post on 28/1/24

On 2/15/2024 at 2:08 PM, Des O Connor said:

Playing T350 since September 2023. 
Backplate came off the PW in January 2024. Fitter very helpful and contacted Titleist and I received new PW on 15/3/24. 
But today 2/4/24 noticed that the backplate is missing from my 6 iron now ! The 8 iron backplate sounds hollow when you tap it so I can assume it’s about to fly off soon. 
Will contact my fitter asap and I’m sure Titleist will replace without any issues. 
On the T350’s performance, I love them. Best I’ve ever had to date. But like others have mentioned, cheap plastic backplate lets them down. Didn’t notice any drop in performance after loosening the backplates. 

Handicap : 6.6 index. 

IMG_3181.jpg

Desmond O'Connor

I'm actually very surprised as I played them for 2 1/2 months before I decided to sell mine and now I'm glad as nothing ever happened to mine and I sure hope nothing has happen to the person who bought them either. At first I thought people were just making up stories about this but Wow was I wrong. I pre-ordered them before they launched so it may of been happening to a certain batch I'm not sure.  

all woods have CPX grips

If you check out my review during the Testing I did you will see I had to send back my 7 iron. After they returned mine I've had no such occurrence again and trust me I hit hundreds of shots on the practice range. I play golf three times per week and practice on the range multiple days.  I feel like the badge issue has been rectified.

They are awesome irons with beautiful ball flight and so much fun to game. 

See our reviews here:  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

You sir are one of the very lucky guys who never had a re occurrence but for those who did I'm not sure if there even has been any. I'm just commenting on how there still must be that one batch of defects out there for people to keep posting as that is why I find it to be surprising. People would send in their club only to get it back fixed and find another iron in their set where the back plate came off. I would like to think the issue has been resolved as I know they are some very nice looking clubs and do perform very well for someone looking to get some GI irons. 

all woods have CPX grips

You sir are one of the very lucky guys who never had a re occurrence but for those who did I'm not sure if there even has been any. I'm just commenting on how there still must be that one batch of defects out there for people to keep posting as that is why I find it to be surprising. People would send in their club only to get it back fixed and find another iron in their set where the back plate came off. I would like to think the issue has been resolved as I know they are some very nice looking clubs and do perform very well for someone looking to get some GI irons. 

Titleist actually sent me a whole new set of irons. That could factor in on no badge issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The back plate of my T350 48 degree wedge came off yesterday and I’ve only had the set since March 15, 2024.  My clubs came directly from Titleist after a fitting at my local course. Thankfully, the Titleist rep is going to replace the club.  Very surprising that Titleist has QC issues given their reputation in the golfing community    

IMG_5612.jpeg

IMG_5613.jpeg

Gman575

Hi all. I'm experiencing a second incidence of this issue. Firstly the backplate of my 9 iron came away and was lost during a round. Now the 7 iron backplate is off. Scottsdale Golf in the UK was the supplier.  

The clubs have not been exposed to any extremes of temperature and only used on a couple of rounds before trouble. 

Waited several weeks for the replacement 9 iron. Let's see what happens either the 7.  Never had a similar issue with AP1 and AP2 clubs I've used in the past. 

I have a friend that got a brand new set of T350's in October last year. He's already had the backplate fall off his 9 iron and 5 iron. I'm a devout Titleist loyalist and just got the new T150's and I convinced him to get the 350's so I kind of feel a weird way about it... the place he bought them quickly replaced his 9 iron... but I'm hoping he can get the whole set exchanged. an almost $2000 set of irons SHOULD NOT be doing this.