FlightScope Progression Series: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_APH

Any of you testers ever get an error message like this?IMG_1886.png.5b96ccf74995d0b6c9e9c1fad53c2fd6.png

btw, nothing has been changed…

I had a very very wonky Mevo+ today…. Three restarts…

I haven’t seen a thread for Mevo users to share and troubleshoot each other so I apologize for posting here. Just curious if any of you ever saw this. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

38 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Any of you testers ever get an error message like this?IMG_1886.png.5b96ccf74995d0b6c9e9c1fad53c2fd6.png

btw, nothing has been changed…

I had a very very wonky Mevo+ today…. Three restarts…

I haven’t seen a thread for Mevo users to share and troubleshoot each other so I apologize for posting here. Just curious if any of you ever saw this. 

I haven't had anything like that happen before. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

As Josh said I’ve never come across that message. I did have some connection issues when I switched from the iPhone to the iPad. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

I currently have a rapsodo mlm2 pro and like it quite a bit but feel like it falls short in a few areas that I would like to have at my disposal, mainly being using any ball I want. I don’t and won’t be playing a callaway chrome soft x on the course and really would like to be able to test other balls while using a launch monitor. That being said if any of you had a choice between this launch monitor and a camera based unit that is available on the market for under $4000ish would you still pick this unit? 

sorry if this has come up already in this testing thread I didn’t have all the time I needed to get caught up on this testing review.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

3 hours ago, Coulter said:

I currently have a rapsodo mlm2 pro and like it quite a bit but feel like it falls short in a few areas that I would like to have at my disposal, mainly being using any ball I want. I don’t and won’t be playing a callaway chrome soft x on the course and really would like to be able to test other balls while using a launch monitor. That being said if any of you had a choice between this launch monitor and a camera based unit that is available on the market for under $4000ish would you still pick this unit? 

sorry if this has come up already in this testing thread I didn’t have all the time I needed to get caught up on this testing review.

Hi Coulter, I wasn’t one of the testers for this, but did purchase a Mevo+ Limited Edition in May after following this review. I have to say that I really like mine and would not trade it for any of the currently available camera-based system in this price range for a few reasons.

1. I have a mixed use case, with the Mevo+ being used in my backyard into a net and it taking trips with me to the range. The compact size of the Mevo+ is really well suited for this compared to the comparable camera-based systems.

2. I’m a lefty and most golfers, including all but one of my friends I play with are righties. With the Mevo+ I don’t have to reposition it from one side to another if I play a round of sim golf with my friends in my backyard.

3. No subscriptions. We’re all getting tired of seeing more and more software and apps become SAAS instead of one time license purchases. I consider it a huge plus that I get every feature the Mevo+ is capable of for the rest of its functional life without having to spend another penny if I don’t want to. 

Things to Note

I’ve used my manager’s MLM2PRO and it is much easier to set up than the Mevo+. It is extremely sensitive about the roll and tilt angles it is set at. When I first started taking it to the range I was sticking folded towels under it or head covers to try to get it level. This was a giant pain so I 3D printed a level stand with an embedded bubble level that gets me close to level before fine-tuning once I’m in the app. I also put an alignment stick and a ball pointed to target so I know the Mevo+ is lined up as expected. Now that I have this routine down it is really quick and I’m ready to go within a couple minutes.

The battery life is pretty poor, this is likely due to a couple factors. That compact size that I love is a double edged sword and undoubtedly contributes to this. Second, the specs put the radar frequency being used in the ~24 GHz range which is pretty high energy, this is without doubt negatively impacting battery duration. I also addressed this in my leveling stand by having a tray for an external battery pack.

TL;DR

The Mevo+ is the champ in this price range for form factor and functionality, despite its shortcomings. After several months with it now, I wouldn’t hesitate to make the same purchase again.

Also happy to share the STL file of the stand I made if you end up getting one and know someone with a printer. I could also probably be persuaded to print and ship one for cost of shipping and a few dollars for materials. 

IMG_7642.jpeg.27b7cf0e139e2f235fb2f23226902464.jpeg

Edited by musicalmedicine

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6 X

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º S-10° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:ping-small: S159 60° H-8° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ review

15 minutes ago, musicalmedicine said:

Hi Coulter, I wasn’t one of the testers for this, but did purchase a Mevo+ Limited Edition in May after following this review. I have to say that I really like mine and would not trade it for any of the currently available camera-based system in this price range for a few reasons.

1. I have a mixed use case, with the Mevo+ being used in my backyard into a net and it taking trips with me to the range. The compact size of the Mevo+ is really well suited for this compared to the comparable camera-based systems.

2. I’m a lefty and most golfers, including all but one of my friends I play with are righties. With the Mevo+ I don’t have to reposition it from one side to another if I play a round of sim golf with my friends in my backyard.

3. No subscriptions. We’re all getting tired of seeing more and more software and apps become SAAS instead of one time license purchases. I consider it a huge plus that I get every feature the Mevo+ is capable of for the rest of its functional life without having to spend another penny if I don’t want to. 

Things to Note

I’ve used my manager’s MLM2PRO and it is much easier to set up than the Mevo+. It is extremely sensitive about the roll and tilt angles it set at. When I first started taking it to the range I was sticking folded towels under it or head covers to try to get it level. This was a giant pain so I 3D printed a level stand with an embedded bubble level that gets me close to level before fine-tuning once I’m in the app. I also put an alignment stick and a ball pointed to target so I know the Mevo+ is lined up as expected. Now that I have this routine down it is really quick and I’m ready to go within a couple minutes.

The battery life is pretty poor, this is likely due to a couple factors. That compact size that I life is a double edged sword and undoubtedly contributes to this. Second, the specs put the radar frequency being used in the ~24 GHz range which is pretty high energy negatively impacting battery duration. I also addressed this in my leveling stand by having a tray for an external battery pack.

TL;DR

The Mevo+ is the champ in this price range for form factor and functionality, despite its shortcomings. After several months with it now, I would t hesitate to make the same purchase again.

Also happy to share the STL file of the stand I made if you end up getting one and know someone with a printer. I could also probably be persuaded to print and ship one for cost of shipping and a few dollars for materials. 

IMG_7642.jpeg.27b7cf0e139e2f235fb2f23226902464.jpeg

Awesome thank you for the response! If/when I jump off in the deep end I’ll definitely be getting a hold of you! I was pretty much sold on the mevo+ already just needed a bit more to persuade me in the right direction. 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

2 hours ago, Coulter said:

The Mevo Plus is great if you have the room. For indoor use 8’ behind the ball and according to FS CS 14’ ball to screen for best results.  

Im currently doing a swap with @Golfspy_CG2 so I can test out the Full Swing and he can test out the Mevo Plus. For my small garage build I’m tight on space. 

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Just now, GolfSpy_BNG said:

The Mevo Plus is great if you have the room. For indoor use 8’ behind the ball and according to FS CS 14’ ball to screen for best results.  

Im currently doing a swap with @Golfspy_CG2 so I can test out the Full Swing and he can test out the Mevo Plus. For my small garage build I’m tight on space. 

That’s the only thing I’m concerned about.. right now I have an outdoor setup but in the future I plan to have something indoors. I don’t currently have the space but eventually I’d like to build a golf shed of some kind

40 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Awesome thank you for the response! If/when I jump off in the deep end I’ll definitely be getting a hold of you! I was pretty much sold on the mevo+ already just needed a bit more to persuade me in the right direction. 

@musicalmedicine pretty much nailed every point I would have said. 

It's a great unit and if you have the space it's perfect for gathering a ton of data to improve your game. It has helped me understand changes to my swing and what to focus on.  

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Looks like I’ll need to do a crash course reading of this thread in the next few days before the Mevo+ arrives.   

Really interested to see how this performs against the FSK. Not in terms of accuracy  i know they are both very accurate   But with all the features it has that the FSK doesn’t   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Looks like I’ll need to do a crash course reading of this thread in the next few days before the Mevo+ arrives.   

Really interested to see how this performs against the FSK. Not in terms of accuracy  i know they are both very accurate   But with all the features it has that the FSK doesn’t   

I think for your fitting purposes you will love the Face Impact and Angle of Desent that isn’t present in the FSK. I’m curious what you think of setup as I know the FSK is almost just set down and go. 

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I think for your fitting purposes you will love the Face Impact and Angle of Desent that isn’t present in the FSK. I’m curious what you think of setup as I know the FSK is almost just set down and go. 

This is the biggest challenge, at least at my range where the ground behind isn't super level.  

If you have level ground it's pretty easy. I use masking tape to get ball impact location dialed in.

10 hours ago, musicalmedicine said:

How much sir??  This is awesome!

54 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Yeah. Im really excited for those two aspects. 

Our grass range is very nice and usually not hard to smooth level areas.   

IMG_4091.jpeg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

54 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah. Im really excited for those two aspects. 

Our grass range is very nice and usually not hard to smooth level areas.   

IMG_4091.jpeg

It should work great!  The little stand like @musicalmedicine has make it super easy to level out as well.

5 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

How much sir??  This is awesome!

Thanks, @Josh Parker! It really helps make set up go much faster. Quick estimate is that $30 would cover materials and shipping. DM me if you’re interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

@musicalmedicine The stand is awesome!  It has been great at the range and for the backyard net!

41 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

@musicalmedicine The stand is awesome!  It has been great at the range and for the backyard net!

Glad to hear it is working out for you! 

6 minutes ago, musicalmedicine said:

Glad to hear it is working out for you! 

Now we just need one for the regular Mevo! 😅

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a7dc06ee6fc9b8df09953a46df717684.jpg Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini DB 35"

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X