Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Spiked vs spikeless

The last few years it seems that more and more major brands are going down the spikeless route when it comes to their golf shoes. Some of these brands make golf shoes that to me look like they just had the slightest inch of traction and slap on the golf name. What’s your take? Are spiked golf shoes out the door?

WITB

D-Taylormade Qi10 Max

Irons- Ping i530 5-U

Wedges- MD5 Jaws

Putter- Special Select Newport

I don't know if they are out the door, but spike less work for me!  And I have no desire to buy a spiked shoe.  Spike Less work and no need to change worn out spikes, etc.

Edited by dbdors

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

10 minutes ago, dbdors said:

I don't know if they are out the door, but spike less work for me!  And I have not desire to buy a spiked shoe.  Spike Less work and no need to change worn out spikes, etc.

I mean they for sure make it a lot easier and almost add value because you feel like you can wear them in more situations than just the golf course 

WITB

D-Taylormade Qi10 Max

Irons- Ping i530 5-U

Wedges- MD5 Jaws

1 minute ago, Thad Buchanan said:

I mean they for sure make it a lot easier and almost add value because you feel like you can wear them in more situations than just the golf course 

Yes, I don't wear them much for fear of wearing out the spikes, but just yesterday I wore some Adidas Code Chaos shoes.  I needed to go to the grocery store on the way home.  I did change shoes, just went to the store and then home.  BTW, the Adidas Code Chaos spikes wear very sell.  I have two pair, black and a white with blue pair.  the cleats look good as new and the traction is great.  

Also the spike less may be more comfortable.  I try to walk as much as I can, and foot comfort is important.  And honestly it has been so long (maybe 10-12 years) since I've had a spiked shoe that I cant remember what is was like.

I might add that the quality of traction "in my opinion" varies by shoe/brand.  Right now I am happy with the 2 Code Chaos, a pair of Asics and a Pumas that are nice.  The traction is great and the shoes are comfortable.  But I had some Ecco's and I never liked the traction and really didn't find them to be very comfortable.  They were a disappointment.  I got them because they had GoreTex and a big discount, but didn't like them in the end.

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

I've had zero issues with spikeless for the most part, and I play a few hilly courses that don't have the best drainage at times. If it's been really wet out, I'll wear my spikes (which are incredibly comfy, another reason I like them) but more often than not it's spikeless. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

43 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I've had zero issues with spikeless for the most part, and I play a few hilly courses that don't have the best drainage at times. If it's been really wet out, I'll wear my spikes (which are incredibly comfy, another reason I like them) but more often than not it's spikeless. 

I actually just snagged a pair of used Jordan lows that I’m thinking about spiking just to have a spiked pair 

WITB

D-Taylormade Qi10 Max

Irons- Ping i530 5-U

Wedges- MD5 Jaws

I tried spikeless a while back. I think for the most part it worked out okay.

One thing I noticed, it’s easy to keep them on and run errands after playing a round. I’ve also noticed that a few times my foot slipped during my swing. Either the course was too slippery or it was too slippery on a hill. It could have been the brand I chose, and it could be that spikeless has evolved to be better now.

Currently, I’ve gone back to spikes because they don’t lose traction and I don’t carry a worry in the back of my head while out on the course. And I’m more motivated to take them off when the round is over.

I hope they’re not out the door. They work. I don’t think they never not work.

Edited by berkeleybob

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I don't think spikeless are out the door.  Spiked and Spikeless are designed for different needs.  typically a spiked shoe will have a stiffer profile due to the infrastructure needed for the spikes so it will tend to twist less.    Spikeless don't have spikes that can be replaced so when the nubs wear out you need to replace the shoe.   Pros and cons to each,  as a player you just need to find what works for you.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I currently have the Puma "Original G" spikeless shoes and I love them for the course. The Hex design on the bottom grips the ground exceptionally well. Very bottom heavy without a doubt which makes them great, just not off the course. I immediately disengage from them as soon as I am off the final greens. I want to try spiked but the courses in Long Beach 'prefer' spikeless to save the grass I suppose. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

I have a few pairs of both spiked and spikeless. Based on the course and what time of day dictates which shoe I'll wear for that round. Wet conditions (early morning rounds with dew on the grass) always spiked. Afternoon dry conditions I can go spikeless. Before purchasing a pair of spikeless, I always see them in person to look at the tread design for grip. If I go to a PGA tournament, I'll always wear golf shoes that are spikeless. Good for walking around the course and not slip. 

When spikeless shoes started being a thing the treads were horrible, but they have come a long way. 

I actually just ordered another pair of spiked shoes this morning.   

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I have gone back and forth between spiked and spikeless, and ultimately have gone back to spiked. It gives me a much more stable and connected feeling. When I made my initial switch to spikeless, I did it thinking that it would be more comfortable as my first pair of shoes ended up becoming pressure point feels where the spikes were located. After a few ill timed slips and not able to get comfortable on awkward lies with traction, I went to the FootJoy Hyperflex and will not be going back.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I like the spikeless. Had switched to Ecco spikeless shoes years ago, after Freddy Couples was using them.  Two years ago I switched to Sqairz Shoes which has 3 soft spikes on each shoe and I really like the Sqairz. 

The Ecco's are worn out & bought a pair of FootJoy Flex spikeless shoes and like them.  The Flex is not really waterproof & not made for walking the course in the Florida mornings, with how wet it is from morning dew.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I personally prefer spokeless shoes just for comfort alone. I have a pair of spiked shoes but they don't get work very often. As a PE teacher I am very picky when it comes to shoes and I am more focused on comfort than I am about traction. That isn't to say that I don't care at all about traction, but as long as the shoe has enough traction, then give me comfortable every time. I think there is enough of a spiked market out there to support both options for a long time to come.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

I'm solidly in the spikeless camp after making the switch 5 or 6 years ago. The Code Chaos spikes have been amazing so far and I honestly can't remember the last time I slipped on a shot. 

This may be super specific to me and my swing, but I remember losing spikes a few times every year with my old spiked shoes. Happened with both my Pumas and Adidas spikes, so it was nice to not worry about that anymore.

Edited by Dan P

Always looking for new friends in Mid Michigan

Spiked shoes will always be around and provide superior stability. It's just what they are and how they are designed. 

Often that can lead to less comfort when compared to spikeless. 

At least this has been my experience and situation.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I will throw my hat in the ring on this subject. I have always hated spiked shoes, and honestly, it is not entirely about the comfort. I have used some that I wouldn't mind walking 18 holes with. 

The real reason I hate spiked shoes so much? I have wrenched my knee more times than I can count with spiked shoes...with an aggressive swing like I tend to have is NOT a good fit for spiked shoes. 

Spikeless for me is the perfect combination of comfort and traction. I will never go back. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I have 3 pair of golf specific shoes. 2 are "spikeless" sneakers, but have raised bottoms for traction. The other is a pair of FJ all leather winter/wet weather golf shoes,  with screw in soft spikes. The bottoms are also very rugged as well. The only issue with the winter ones is the thickness around the inner ankle rubs me the wrong way after about 3 holes. And walking on cart path and hard surfaces is very unusual.   I may move to a soft spikes sneaker down the road though.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I will always have at least one pair of both. If I'm walking and its dry out I will wear spikeless. But if I'm riding in a cart I'll pretty much always wear spikes. And if its wet I'll always wear spikes as well regardless of walking/riding!

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:ping-small: - G430 Max

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

:cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2 / :odyssey-small: - Jailbird 380 / Hudson Made Carman Custom

Nick_D's Putter Projects

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

On 2/20/2024 at 8:26 AM, Thad Buchanan said:

The last few years it seems that more and more major brands are going down the spikeless route when it comes to their golf shoes. Some of these brands make golf shoes that to me look like they just had the slightest inch of traction and slap on the golf name. What’s your take? Are spiked golf shoes out the door?

It's soft spikes for me (the more, the better), even when I am walking and carrying my bag.  I wear spikeless golf shoes when hitting indoors on the SIM (Adidas Code Chaos or UA HOVR models), but even then they must provide good traction.  No worn-down "nubs", etc.!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Spiked shoes for me…. I Would go back to metal spikes immediately if courses allowed them! Was a huge difference in feel and stability to me going from metal spikes to black widow soft spikes when the courses banned them back in the day and it has been a constant search ever since to find a model of soft spikes that anchor my feet as well as metal.
I want to feel my feet anchored to the ground, that is where the power and stability originates. i want stiffer supportive soles cuz the soft spongy ones make my feet, ankles, knees, and hips ache. Got no use for spikeless shoes …. If i wanted to go there I would wear my Merrill trail shoes or maybe my Asolo hiking boots with Vibram lug soles…… or maybe just wear my crocs! How about bare foot golf?

Edited by Another Steve

2 hours ago, Another Steve said:

Spiked shoes for me…. I Would go back to metal spikes immediately if courses allowed them! Was a huge difference in feel and stability to me going from metal spikes to black widow soft spikes when the courses banned them back in the day and it has been a constant search ever since to find a model of soft spikes that anchor my feet as well as metal.
I want to feel my feet anchored to the ground, that is where the power and stability originates. i want stiffer supportive soles cuz the soft spongy ones make my feet, ankles, knees, and hips ache. Got no use for spikeless shoes …. If i wanted to go there I would wear my Merrill trail shoes or maybe my Asolo hiking boots with Vibram lug soles…… or maybe just wear my crocs! How about bare foot golf?

I’m with you,Steve!  Have you tried Squairz shoes? I own (3) pairs, and the only pair that I don’t like is the first generation. The last two generations of Squairz are stable, supportive, comfortable, and they provide excellent traction in virtually all conditions.

Spoiler

So far have only tried spikeless golf shoes and only one brand, adidas. My thinking was that spikeless would be more comfortable to walk in, and adidas typically fit me well.

Have two pairs that I rotate through so far, Code Chaos and MC80. Like both a lot, seem to have plenty of grip, and mostly comfortable... minus a break-in period for my heels 🩹.

Would like to try another brand down the road, eyes currently on TRUE for my next pair.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

22 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I’m with you,Steve!  Have you tried Squairz shoes? I own (3) pairs, and the only pair that I don’t like is the first generation. The last two generations of Squairz are stable, supportive, comfortable, and they provide excellent traction in virtually all conditions.

I bought a pair for 40% off over Christmas and they feel kinda blocky. I’m very picky when it comes to shoes and these don’t feel comfortable at all. Did you experience a break in period or use an insert?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

12 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I bought a pair for 40% off over Christmas and they feel kinda blocky. I’m very picky when it comes to shoes and these don’t feel comfortable at all. Did you experience a break in period or use an insert?

BOTH. Break-in is not nearly as big an issue with the latest two generations of Squairz shoes, and I wear Protalus insoles in ALL of my athletic and casual shoes (their T-100 insert in my golf shoes).

I am about as particular regarding shoes and shoe comfort as anyone, BTW!

Spoiler

I've worn FJ spikeless for the last three seasons, and wore Oakley spikeless for about 6 years before. I rarely come across conditions that I lost traction. I've never worn spiked, but having worn spikeless and never seen a disadvantage, I don't think I'd purchase them.

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

Have looked at Squairz online but not in person. I was originally really interested in them but something turned me off about them….. might have been the spike pattern. I prefer 5 spikes on the front of the shoe … 3 on the outside and one each on the ball and big toe. 

have a pair of dieing/dead square toe Calloway shoes that i picked up 20 or so years ago when i played regularly. Comfortable to walk 18 and were waterproof for a lot longer that any footjoy I ever owned. Have a pair of new balance and a pair of adidas athletic shoe style that need replaced. I really cannot find much that floats my boat these days. May just be time to admit that I am getting old. 

Edited by Another Steve
Because siri constantly inserts words i didn't type

11 hours ago, Another Steve said:

Have looked at Squairz online but not in person. I was originally really interested in them but something turned me off about them….. might have been the spike pattern. I prefer 5 spikes on the front of the shoe … 3 on the outside and one each on the ball and big toe. 

have a pair of dieing/dead square toe Calloway shoes that i picked up 20 or so years ago when i played regularly. Comfortable to walk 18 and were waterproof for a lot longer that any footjoy I ever owned. Have a pair of new balance and a pair of adidas athletic shore style that di of but need replaced. I really cannot find much that floats my boat these days. May just be time to admit that I am getting old. 

I love going into golf stores and trying new shoes for 5 minutes.  I've even walked over to the putting greens and played in them. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I have had really good luck with all of footjoys offerings.  Spiked and spikeless they always seem to work out well and for an extended time.  I was thinking about trying a pair of Jordan Low g.  I don’t think I can stray away from the brand new Pro SLX…

Ive had really good luck on Amazon finding previous years footjoy on clearance.  But the new pro SLX may have to be bought at full price.

🙃

I have three pair of golf shoes that I rotate depending on the conditions.  I agree with @Tom the Golf Nut that it's situational.   I have a pair of Adidas BOA and a pair of Sqairz spiked shoes and a pair of Puma spikeless.  For wet-ish conditions, it's spiked shoes.  For dry conditions, I like the spikeless Puma's.  

I become a real fan of the BOA system.  That's my "go to" pair when it's damp (which is often as we play first tee time three days a week).    My Adidas ZG23 wide BOA fit perfectly and the BOA adjustment makes sure it's a sung fit throughout the round.  My Sqairz were a little tight as I have a wider right foot made it a very tight fit.  I ended up with shoe stretchers to make it work for my feet.  Overall, I like the Sqairz.   I just wish they were slightly wider.   I never have a slippage issue with the Puma spikeless shoes.  They are very comfortable.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4