Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Center shafted putters

MrHogan

Fellow Spy’s,

I am looking to purchase a new putter and need feedback from anyone currently gaming a center shafted putter. Many years ago I gamed a center shafted putter which always produced great results due to a straight back and through stroke. My stroke evolved into a gradual arc and I am currently gaming a SC Newport 1.5.

Old habits die and now my stroke seems to have regressed back to a straight back and forward stroke, hence the curiosity and possible need for a center shafted type putter. 

So, recommendations, suggestions, endorsements? My short list is Evenroll ( groove technology), Sik (DLT has my attention), SC Phantom line.

All feedback welcomed and appreciated. Thx much.

Mizuno Pro Model E  10.5* Tour AD VR 5

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speeder 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybrid 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*. 
Sik Flo C
Snell MTBX

27 minutes ago, MrHogan said:

Fellow Spy’s,

I am looking to purchase a new putter and need feedback from anyone currently gaming a center shafted putter. Many years ago I gamed a center shafted putter which always produced great results due to a straight back and through stroke. My stroke evolved into a gradual arc and I am currently gaming a SC Newport 1.5.

Old habits die and now my stroke seems to have regressed back to a straight back and forward stroke, hence the curiosity and possible need for a center shafted type putter. 

So, recommendations, suggestions, endorsements? My short list is Evenroll ( groove technology), Sik (DLT has my attention), SC Phantom line.

All feedback welcomed and appreciated. Thx much.

Feedback:   Putting strokes aren't straight back and through.   Don't have to have a center shafted putter for a "SBST" stroke.   

That said if you want a center shafted putter, the ones you selected are fine.  Many would recommend LAB as the best option.   I play a Sacks Parente that I do really well with aiming and starting the ball where aimed.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I always done pretty well with CS putters but done some experimenting with Stability Shafts in my last 4 putters and for me that is the shaft of choice and now my plans are gong back to a CS putter, I have 3 more weeks till my LAB 3.0 with BGT Stability Tour One gets here. This will take some adjustment time probably as I want to make this my go to gamer as my Enroll has been so good for a blade putter that it will always end up being my back up putter as I have the BGT Stability Fire Shaft in it. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Might want to take a look at the Cobra 3D putters as well.  If you like the face technology of the SIK putters they have it as well.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

I currently game a LAB DF2.1 and love it. Do the video submission fitting if you decide to go that route. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I use the Cleveland HB soft 10.5, most of their models can come center shafted.  Played it with a rental set and realized it lined up with my eyeline perfectly.  Will never go back to blades.  Also, changed to the golf pride cord putter grip.  I putt better with this than the center shafted expensive putters(LAB, Ping, Bettinardi).  There’s an HB 2 soft 11 that looks pretty sweet!  Cleveland doesn’t get much respect but the HB(Huntington Beach) series are really good 

Any preference for mallet or blade?

Mizuno Pro Model E  10.5* Tour AD VR 5

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speeder 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybrid 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*. 
Sik Flo C
Snell MTBX

2 hours ago, MrHogan said:

Any preference for mallet or blade?

I’ve played blade, mid mallet, and full mallet center shafted putters with no specific preference.    Find the putter that lets you aim correctly, start the ball online, and roll the ball the right distance.   

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I game the CS putter style. The 2 i would highly recommend is the Makefield original. I have 2 and the LAB mezz Max, got it from MGS testing.

Both are great the makefield has the moveable interior weights such if the stroke were to change you could move some around to help keep you in the same path. 

The face milling is unique too. 

The LAB putter does exactly what is says it will do. It looks like the tank from Tron but after a few putts you don't even see the putter. 

In either case I super highly recommend the low torque putter shaft.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I had used an Odyssey White Steel, 2 Ball CS putter that I won in a tournament way back in 2004. Then I replaced it in October of 2022 with a Cleveland Huntington Beach 6 CS Putter. The CS style putters just seem to work for my style of putting stroke and seems to fit my eye better than anything else out there.

I have experimented with a few different putting styles, as well as different putting grips over the years. For the past 12 years or so, I'm convinced that my current left hand low putting style works best for me. My current putting grip on the Huntington Beach CS putter by Cleveland is a P2 Classic grip. Very impressed with that grip.

Putter, Cleveland, Huntington Beach 6, CS putter,P2 Classic grip.jpg

Putter, Cleveland Huntington Beach 6 CS Putter.jpg

Putter, Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball CS putter,a,2004.jpg

Taylormade SIM MAX 12* Driver

Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawkeye 3, 5 and 7 woods

Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 7 wood

Mizuno JPX-923 Hot Metal, High Launch irons, 6-PW, GW

Taylormade Milled Grind SW, 54*

Cleveland RTX-3, 60* LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6 Centre Shaft Putter

I use a Seemore CS putter and have never putted better! Even if you use it just for practice, that alignment aid helps one get a consistent setup, taking one more variable out of the equation.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro