Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Shot a 3 over 70  on Saturday which I was very happy with. Still having trouble with my putting which cost me a good couple of shots around the front 9, but finished strong with a nice hole out from a greenside bunker on the 18th for birdie :)

Just missed out on getting a part of the VGL medal or trophy that was up for grabs in the comp, but I did walk away with another major win for the year after being told I won the Captains Trophy. the Captains trophy is a two week event where both games are stroke and the best nett score over the two weeks wins. I think I'm glad I didn't know about it during the day because I have a feeling I would have blown up my round trying to go low to win it.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Was able to get out and play on Saturday morning at a course about 45 minutes from my house with an early tee time.  Decided to ride since I was not sure how my back was going to hold up and that turned out to be the least of my problems.  Got paired with three guys that I did not know and by the fifth tee all three had snapped clubs after bad shots....the guy riding with me took the prize with five broken clubs in 18 holes.  Could possibly be one of the worst times I have ever had on the course in the last decade and after about 8 holes I just wanted to be done and head home; even considered just unstrapping my bag and walking off.  If I had been able to play the last few weeks I think I would have done just that.

From the golf side I hit is pretty well and the back held up decent.  Ended with a 75 for the day and made an all world par the par 4 15th.  Tried hitting a cut up and over the trees and hit a tree 50 yards off the tee, two four irons later I was 122 out and hit wedge to a foot for a tap in for par.  The guy riding with me made quad from the fairway and that was the hole his putter met its demise.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Was able to get out and play on Saturday morning at a course about 45 minutes from my house with an early tee time.  Decided to ride since I was not sure how my back was going to hold up and that turned out to be the least of my problems.  Got paired with three guys that I did not know and by the fifth tee all three had snapped clubs after bad shots....the guy riding with me took the prize with five broken clubs in 18 holes.  Could possibly be one of the worst times I have ever had on the course in the last decade and after about 8 holes I just wanted to be done and head home; even considered just unstrapping my bag and walking off.  If I had been able to play the last few weeks I think I would have done just that.

From the golf side I hit is pretty well and the back held up decent.  Ended with a 75 for the day and made an all world par the par 4 15th.  Tried hitting a cut up and over the trees and hit a tree 50 yards off the tee, two four irons later I was 122 out and hit wedge to a foot for a tap in for par.  The guy riding with me made quad from the fairway and that was the hole his putter met its demise.

Yucky!

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Was able to get out and play on Saturday morning at a course about 45 minutes from my house with an early tee time. Decided to ride since I was not sure how my back was going to hold up and that turned out to be the least of my problems. Got paired with three guys that I did not know and by the fifth tee all three had snapped clubs after bad shots....the guy riding with me took the prize with five broken clubs in 18 holes. Could possibly be one of the worst times I have ever had on the course in the last decade and after about 8 holes I just wanted to be done and head home; even considered just unstrapping my bag and walking off. If I had been able to play the last few weeks I think I would have done just that.

From the golf side I hit is pretty well and the back held up decent. Ended with a 75 for the day and made an all world par the par 4 15th. Tried hitting a cut up and over the trees and hit a tree 50 yards off the tee, two four irons later I was 122 out and hit wedge to a foot for a tap in for par. The guy riding with me made quad from the fairway and that was the hole his putter met its demise.

Geez I hope they weren't expensive clubs

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Geez I hope they weren't expensive clubs

The casualties included a new SLDR S driver (guy claims he bought it the night before to replace a broken R1), Nike Covert Driver and some old Ping Eye 2s from the guy riding with me.  Needless to say I am sticking with my normal group from now on during the weekend and if they don't play then I don't play.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

The casualties included a new SLDR S driver (guy claims he bought it the night before to replace a broken R1), Nike Covert Driver and some old Ping Eye 2s from the guy riding with me.  Needless to say I am sticking with my normal group from now on during the weekend and if they don't play then I don't play.

Ouch. Ive broken a few clubs, but only with my friends. I would have stopped at the turn and told them to go ahead and said something to the starter. That's not fun to watch people do that. When I did it we all laughed mostly because it wasn't like I was fully trying to break a club, just bent it too much.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I shot 76 yesterday.  Our weather has most certainly turned to summer patterns.  Played a course that I played two weeks ago.  That day it was windy and dry the greens were running fast.  Yesterday it was calm with what little wind there was in the opposite direction NE two weeks ago, SW yesterday, it was wet and the greens had been punched earlier in the week.  Because it was so wet we generally had more club into the greens with the exceptions of the par 3's.  Because of the wind directions and the new irons I had less club into them with one exception (totally wind related.) 

So I shot a 76 without putting especially well or especially poorly - I made the shortish ones and didn't make anything of any length which is no shock because they were hairy and sandy.  Many fairway spots were mushy and there was some casual water.  Cart paths only when two weeks prior the fairways ran like cart paths.

I was very happy with the Wilson irons.  The only thing I don't like about them is how they look in the bag.  These are not Mizuno blades.  They are easy to hit and they look reasonably good at address, even the 5 iron.  I hit it 3 times yesterday and was 2/3 with the miss being acceptable.

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I was able to make my par putt on #9 as the horn sounded, to get us off the course.  Very windy morning and overcast, thunderstorm started to build up from the west on #7.  Surprisingly enough, my personal best (41) at the country club I joined this spring.  No doubles, birdied number 3 with a downhill breaking putt from the fringe, driving was solid and most of my misses were "good."

I finally feel like my game is coming together.

Now I'll be traveling for most of the next 2 1/2 weeks, so I hope the weather lets me get one complete round in tomorrow, since it will probably feel like I'm starting over again in July - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I shot a 43/44=87 with one Birdie and a CTP in the semi annual "Two Joes" tourney at Babe Zahairias GC in Tampa

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Man, wish I can get on your level guys.

Shot 88 from the tips, which is awesome for me, while hitting 30 putts. Went the whole round without a 3 putt, which is something I don't think I've ever done.

Big thing for me was I added 50 yards off the tee which helps a lot, even though I'm still only hitting it 250 with a great strike. Hit or miss with the irons but putting always is the big key with me.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Played a tournament, and as usual, I hit it really solid but score did not reflect it. A couple 3 woods (usually my straightest club in the bag) that found the "native area" cost me. Putting didn't help. Example: 1st tee 3 wood pushed right. Had to drop out, hitting 3 from 200 yards. Drop a 5 iron to 8 feet and miss the putt.

T4 for my best finish this season. Feels like kissing your sister.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Played a tournament, and as usual, I hit it really solid but score did not reflect it. A couple 3 woods (usually my straightest club in the bag) that found the "native area" cost me. Putting didn't help. Example: 1st tee 3 wood pushed right. Had to drop out, hitting 3 from 200 yards. Drop a 5 iron to 8 feet and miss the putt.

T4 for my best finish this season. Feels like kissing your sister.

I take it you have hit the mini tours again. I would have made a comeback this week but I got the dates screwed up and did not enter. Next weekend got some folks coming down from N Carolina and Tennessee we are going to play a small Nassau and skins game. Will probably play a mini event in 2 weeks

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

91 yesterday and 85 today. My approach shots were spot on today.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

With my new clubs, I probably played the worst I have ever played in a long time.  My new driver was horrible.  I hit some drives farther right than I have ever hit on some holes, but no worries, because it is definitely the swing because I was bombing it on the range.  I did not make worse than par on any hole where I did not hit my driver. 

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Had another solid round on Saturday and shot a 4 over 71 to miss winning the comp of the day by 1 stroke. went round with 30 putts which is pretty good for me, but my greens in reg cost me a little and only got 9 for the day. Driving the ball pretty solid but my short approach shots hurt me a few times.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Shot my low round of the year so far, 77 on Friday.  I had a 4 hole stretch of bogey, double, double, bogey on the back where i completely forgot how to swing a club and then finished birdie, par.  I was even through 12.

Then turned around and shot 91 on Sat in one of the worst performances in the past two years.  Lesson learned is don't stay up at the bonfire drinking until 3:30am when you have a 9am tee time :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Played yesterday with my dad and two random guys. One was paralyzed from the waist down, yet was downright brutal to all of us. He even hit a few putts in his motorized single cart. Got to say, it put things in perspective especially because my dad is getting older and not being able to finish 18 walking. We had to quit after 9 after his knees were giving him issues, my guess is that's the end of him walking. Just stinks to know that my dad's dealing with knees, and the other guy lost his golf game, but again it's perspective they still both had fun out there.

As for me, shot +5 and had 15 putts in 9 holes. My putters been on fire but the irons and driver is giving me fits. Worst is I can't hit anything but driver and 5 iron off the tee right now so I'm screwed unless I don't need to carry 170 yards but can't go full bore on the driver. Either way it's better to get out there and put up decent numbers, and my dad is able to  play a little bit.

Played Saturday, had a maddening round where I was either middle of the fairway off the tee, or left.  1 = par, 2 = double (hazard left), 3 = par, 4 = par, 5 = double (hazard left), 6 = par, etc.  you get the picture. The result was an alright, 84, but could have easily been a 78.  Quite frustrating.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Not me, but my 7 year old played his first 9 from our newly installed pga family tees, made one par and shot a 57  We were psyched

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

The Rev & I on the links yesterday at Pebble Creek in Tampa.

photo.JPG?guid=messagepart%3AINBOX%2F108

We had a great time, 

Shot double 44's today.....had some trouble with my driver on a couple holes, but worked thru it. Number 1 handicap hole found my drive in a fairway bunker. I got out of the bunker and landed in the approach. With a back pin I chipped up even with the pin, then sank the putt for par.

Shot an even 90 today. Played with the guy who developed the golf shirt training aide, as a total random pairing. My putting was all over the place, but bigger thing has been the driver is been left. Irons were a mess too.  Still scrapped together a decent back 9 and even better continued playing well on the last hole. #18 has kept me in several rounds.

Yesterday, 44/44 =88 with a Srixon Z Star

Today, 44/43=87 with a Titleist Velocity

Both rounds at my club, Pebble Creek GC in Tampa, FL

Keep finding myself making some dumb decisions or execution errors.

I noted that the Velocity gave me more distance off the drive, but did not stop on the greens like the Z Star......

One of my worst rounds this year, but won the championship flight. Go figure.

Very windy, probably 30mph, with gusts into the 40s. Super hilly course with trouble lurking everywhere. Lipped out a 20 foot birdie putt on 9 to make the turn at +2. But the swing completely left me on the back. I actually sliced a 7iron so bad it went OB. A 7iron! Two quads and a triple led to a 49. I was the only one in championship flight to break 90. I'm not really proud of the number, but I do have a shiny new trophy.

My other excuse is I played volleyball all day Saturday, so my legs are like jello. Hitting the bar til 2am didn't help. 4 hours of sleep followed by an hour and a half drive to the course with a hangover. I'm beat!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

One of my worst rounds this year, but won the championship flight. Go figure.

Very windy, probably 30mph, with gusts into the 40s. Super hilly course with trouble lurking everywhere. Lipped out a 20 foot birdie putt on 9 to make the turn at +2. But the swing completely left me on the back. I actually sliced a 7iron so bad it went OB. A 7iron! Two quads and a triple led to a 49. I was the only one in championship flight to break 90. I'm not really proud of the number, but I do have a shiny new trophy.

My other excuse is I played volleyball all day Saturday, so my legs are like jello. Hitting the bar til 2am didn't help. 4 hours of sleep followed by an hour and a half drive to the course with a hangover. I'm beat!

:)

There comes a time when this is no longer a possibility.  Consider this round your warning shot over the bow.  I played yesterday on a tour level course and shot 77 (In fact this course was used for a tour event for five years) - I was playing from the next to back set of tees and I did it with solid enough ball striking.  Still struggling with my hybrids but I drove it pretty well and hit my irons the best that I have all year - My teacher would have been proud of me.

:)

There comes a time when this is no longer a possibility.  Consider this round your warning shot over the bow.  I played yesterday on a tour level course and shot 77 (In fact this course was used for a tour event for five years) - I was playing from the next to back set of tees and I did it with solid enough ball striking.  Still struggling with my hybrids but I drove it pretty well and hit my irons the best that I have all year - My teacher would have been proud of me.

Where?

Shot one over for nine holes in my 9 hole interclub match. I birdied 14 (we started on the back nine) when I drove it with a 3 wood.  I closed out my match in 5 holes.  Then I doubled 16 because I was not really focused at that point.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Where?

Bardmoor - its in Largo - they held the JC Penny event there throughout the 80's.   

Shot a career round yesterday arvo.....66.  It was a short 6100yd par 70, where I will be qualifying for the city tourney in a few weeks.  Could have been much better, but my 120-150 game was pretty pathetic.  When you drive it on or within 10yds of six par 4s, the game gets quite a bit easier.