Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played early today with my wife to avoid the heat. Hit the course around 7am but had no rhythm, driver was shorter than usual, chips kept checking up on the soft, wet greens, and didn't have any close putts. Just a so-so, OK but not great round. I don't think I am used to playing in the morning yet, having played most rounds after work around 5pm. The course is different, certainly this old body is different!!

Tomorrow, my wife and I are traveling up the valley to play a course we played about a month ago. Nice track, but with a 7:04am tee time, I wonder if I will have another so-so round.

Well, I didn't have a so-so round.  This was probably my worse round of the year.  95.   I started with 4 straight bogeys, then got off the bogey train with a triple, followed by a double!!  Didn't make a par until #8.  The back nine was a little better where a few good chips and putts saved me a few times.  

Apparently, I can't play golf at 7am.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Was hitting a real nice pull hook with the driver all day. Short, low and really left .... sweet. I was hitting my irons great, just put the RSI2's in the bag so that might have something to do with it, so I was able to save a lot of holes that started out really ugly. Drizzled the whole time which was a welcome relief from the 100 + temps as of late. Shot an 84, with 4 ob's so I'm not too mad about it. Everything was on point but my POS driver. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

89 today at the club. The back 9 chews me up every time. Did make the best bogey of my life on the par 5 third hole. First tee shot way left OB. Second tee shot right. Punched a 5 iron back into the fairway. Now I'm 230 out hitting 5. 3W into the right greenside bunker. Holed out for a bogey.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

This is such a good thread.  It's one of the first I look at when I'm on the site.  It's great and almost feels like sitting down with a bunch of mates after a game and listening to the recounting of the adventures out on the course over a beer or something similar :)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

This is such a good thread.  It's one of the first I look at when I'm on the site.  It's great and almost feels like sitting down with a bunch of mates after a game and listening to the recounting of the adventures out on the course over a beer or something similar :)

I find it really amazing that we can sit down at the end of the day and remember the shots that occurred on each hole; at least I can. In some cases I would like to forget them but they linger on. However, when my wife and I play, she can't remember anything after the round. She's a good golfer, 19 HCP and has been playing since she was 8 years old. Her dad was a scratch golfer and club champion at three country clubs in Spokane and Hayden Lake. She had 5 brothers and an older sister and they all played golf. So why can't she remember the shots that happened 5 hours after the round ends? We talk about the round in the evening and she doesn't remember the shots she took that saved par on the hardest hole on the course. I guess playing around with me is not that memorable. :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I find it really amazing that we can sit down at the end of the day and remember the shots that occurred on each hole; at least I can. In some cases I would like to forget them but they linger on. However, when my wife and I play, she can't remember anything after the round. She's a good golfer, 19 HCP and has been playing since she was 8 years old. Her dad was a scratch golfer and club champion at three country clubs in Spokane and Hayden Lake. She had 5 brothers and an older sister and they all played golf. So why can't she remember the shots that happened 5 hours after the round ends? We talk about the round in the evening and she doesn't remember the shots she took that saved par on the hardest hole on the course. I guess playing around with me is not that memorable. :)

Or she isn't paying attention to golf while she is playing a round with you... Pun intended ;)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Know what you mean Kenny.  I have no problems remembering every shot I hit, hell sometimes I can even remember seeing the ball spinning as it left the club face and started its journey to oblivion :)

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

After almost giving up on the year, I seem to have found my mojo again. It was as simple as concentrating on tempo. A buddy said I was way quick at the top and starting my downswing almost violently. I slowed it down and I shot 79 on Sunday. For the record, I'm never unhappy when the score has a 7 in front of it. :D

We played a different course today, Rogers Park in Tampa. Shot a 43/45=88 with one Birdie(paid $22). Although I did not not play that well today, I did strike the ball pretty good and putted great......made a 20+ foot birdie and lipped out three other birdies from 15+ feet. Drop kicked a couple drives but was able to make up the distance and par or bogey the holes.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I had the best round in ages today.  I won my Wednesday competition shot 78/39 stableford points winning by 2 points on handicap.  That was worth a $30 voucher and 5 order of merit points and that put me in equal first place.  Whilst the PGA tour it aint I'm pretty happy about that.  The ball is starting to cooperate at last :)  As Silver and Black says any score that starts with a 7 I'm stoked with!

My Bag

I had the best round in ages today.  I won my Wednesday competition shot 78/39 stableford points winning by 2 points on handicap.  That was worth a $30 voucher and 5 order of merit points and that put me in equal first place.  Whilst the PGA tour it aint I'm pretty happy about that.  The ball is starting to cooperate at last :)  As Silver and Black says any score that starts with a 7 I'm stoked with!

When I started playing golf 24 years ago, I shot scores that start with 7...  for nine holes.  :)

Nice round!  I am a 9.4 and shooting a score that starts with a 7 is rare for me.  However, I am going to say that it makes a difference if you play the same course all the time.  Other than my 9-hole practice course, I don't think I have played the same course this year more than 4 times, but I have played 17 different courses!

When I started playing golf 24 years ago, I shot scores that start with 7... for nine holes. :)

Nice round! I am a 9.4 and shooting a score that starts with a 7 is rare for me. However, I am going to say that it makes a difference if you play the same course all the time. Other than my 9-hole practice course, I don't think I have played the same course this year more than 4 times, but I have played 17 different courses!

Still waiting for my first round in the 70s. I probably have a better chance at it somewhere other than my home course. I'm getting to know the course really well, especially some of the trees, ponds, and bunkers.

Yesterday I played at the club with the "seasoned" group that plays 3 times a week that has allowed me to join them and play whenever I'm not at work. Great bunch of guys.

Shot 41-46 for 87. I love the front 9. The back 9 is still giving me fits. I haven't shot better than 9 over on the back in my first 6 rounds there. It's driving me absolutely crazy.

Since my wife was having dinner with my sister-in-law last night, i went to the club to hack around a bit.  Joined up with a guy on the first hole and we played 9 + 16, 17 & 18 on the back.  Sri was originally from India, but graduated from Texas Tech, so he was given the nickname "Bubba".  Through the round I discovered that he routinely plays with a bunch of guys that I know.  We played the last 3 holes for a beer.  I shot a 44 on the front and he shot a 39 so he gave me 2 strokes.  I lipped out my par putt on the 16th so i was down one. On 17 I was able to get on in 4 then 1 putt for par....he 2 putted for par so I won with a stroke. All Square with one hole to go. On the dogleg right par 4 18th, he drove it left and I went right edge of fairway.  I had to punch out to 125 yards due to the trees.  He was on in two.  I was on in 3.  He 3 putted to my 2 putts so I won with a stroke.  The beer was cold and wet!  Hope to play with Bubba again soon.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Yesterday I played at the club with the "seasoned" group that plays 3 times a week that has allowed me to join them and play whenever I'm not at work. Great bunch of guys.

Shot 41-46 for 87. I love the front 9. The back 9 is still giving me fits. I haven't shot better than 9 over on the back in my first 6 rounds there. It's driving me absolutely crazy.

Seems like it is time to try something different when you get to the back nine.  Is it putting?  Driver?  Hazards?  

What ever it is, analyze where the dropped shots are coming from and play the holes a little differently to avoid the miss.  I find that just changing something... anything will reset your mind and creates a new feeling for the shot.  Try it a few times and see what happens.  It gives you a different perspective on the course.  Then you can go back to your current approach with a different outlook.  Always think positive; don't dwell on previous shots.  Good luck!  Once you get there, it will seem much easier after that.

Seems like it is time to try something different when you get to the back nine.  Is it putting?  Driver?  Hazards?  

What ever it is, analyze where the dropped shots are coming from and play the holes a little differently to avoid the miss.  I find that just changing something... anything will reset your mind and creates a new feeling for the shot.  Try it a few times and see what happens.  It gives you a different perspective on the course.  Then you can go back to your current approach with a different outlook.  Always think positive; don't dwell on previous shots.  Good luck!  Once you get there, it will seem much easier after that.

Kenny, that is excellent advice.  I too find myself in a rut sometimes when playing my home course.  It seems to re-occur like "Groundhog Day"

I will try your advice about attacking the hole from a different angle or perspective.

Seems like it is time to try something different when you get to the back nine. Is it putting? Driver? Hazards?

What ever it is, analyze where the dropped shots are coming from and play the holes a little differently to avoid the miss. I find that just changing something... anything will reset your mind and creates a new feeling for the shot. Try it a few times and see what happens. It gives you a different perspective on the course. Then you can go back to your current approach with a different outlook. Always think positive; don't dwell on previous shots. Good luck! Once you get there, it will seem much easier after that.

Mainly hazards. 12-14 are the hardest on the course for me. 12 and 13 have OB left with water right. 14 is a par 5 that steadily curves to the left (my stock shot is a draw) with water left and trees right.

Heading over now to play a round. I'll try some different clubs off the tee and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice. I'll report back later.

Slept through my noon tee time today after a red eye in from Vehmgas last night. Playing three rounds over the next two days in South Jersey.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

On course to shot a 76 and then make a 10 on the 18th hole and shoot 81 haha gold right???!!!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Played in South Jersey this morning and did something that I have not done in a very long time....made no worse than par all day. 13 pars and 5 birds for a 66. Really liking the 915 D3 and finally driving it ver well.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Played at Crescent Oaks in Tarpon Springs, also owned by the same as my home club Pebble Creek....shot a 44/48 =92 with two birdies. I hit the ball awful but managed to make my points(18) and grab 5th place for $26. I also holed out a bunker shot for a Birdie and got $34 for the Skin. What was so amazing was I jarred the bunker shot! That's right, the ball never touched the green. So this was an amazing day for $60 in my pocket. Played the Srixon Z Star today and had to deal with a lot of slices....was scrambling all day.

Played in our Lions vs Legends Ryder Cup style event (younger guys vs older guys) at the club today. Played a scramble on the front 9 and won. Back 9 played modified alternate shot. 1 down going into 17. Hit 3 wood from 250 out to 20 feet. Made the birdie to square it up but lost on 18. Had a blast though. Tomorrow is better ball on the front and singles on the back. Current standings are Legends with 21 points and Lions with 19 points.

So Jbil I'm guessing you're a lion being one of the new young tyros in the club!  Way to go mate! ;)  Stick it to those old legends.

My Bag

Played at home today with 44/48=92

We had a storm blow thru last week and downed about a dozen trees on the course...a couple were about a hundred years old.....what a shame.

Played Blue Heron Pines this morning in South Jersey. Played the old West course (now the only course there) for the first time and it was not a bad layout. Played a bit short from the tips at 6,800 yards with not many par 4's that were more than driver and a wedge. Shot a -2 70 for the day with an even par front and 7 pars and two birds on the back. Shots of the day were a hammered 3 wood from 274 to reach the par 5 8th and the 3 iron from 242 into the par 5 18th that both led to two putt birdies. Ran my par streak to 25 holes before I made a bogey today. Overall for the weekend I played two courses in -7 and only two bogies in 36 holes. Now that I have confidence on the tee again I can play aggressively and not have to worry about scrambling just to make pars.

WITB 2024

Shot 45 today. Adding that to my last 9 and I have shot 93 over the last 18 holes I've played. By far the best golf I've ever played and I'm still leaving a lot of shots out there.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Played St Pete Country club today. Sam Snead won there three times. I shot 75 and had a lot to drink. I suspect that we both got what we came for. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played in the second round of Lions vs Legends today. We won the front 9 giving a shot on every hole which was tough. Back 9 was singles. I won 1 up against one guy and lost 1 down to the other guy. Back 9 was pretty much heads up with no strokes. On #15 I had a birdie putt and pushed my ball about half an inch with a practice stroke. First time I've ever done that. I called it on myself and confused everyone because no one saw it. That was a hard pill to swallow but a good experience with today being my first day playing competitive match play.

played 54 holes in 3 days and have a funny story to tell.

Started at a course that's famous around here for being quirky and out in the middle of nowhere. The front 9 was designed by the homebuilder association, the second 9 is legit 3/4 miles away and professionally made; the difference is huge. They broke up the 9's so you play 1-6 (homeowners), 7-15 (best golf in area) 16-18 (back to homeowners) Anyway, I had a 10 AM tee off time, I get there and the front door is locked. There's 4 cars in the parking lot and I saw someone on 7 hole while on the interstate, so I know someone has to be there. I get to the kitchen and the girl working the kitchen ends up signing me in. Problem: there's only one cart that's not hooked up, so rather than bother her I took a cart that had been used for a previous round. That would come back to haunt me.

So I'm on 13 or so where I first notice a problem, the cart is struggling a bit to get up a hill. It springs to life on flat land though so I shook it off as the governor not allowing it enough power. It happens.

On 16, 3/4 miles away from the club house the situation has turned into an pressing issue. It's 105 degrees outside and my cart is literally dying, plus I have a cart bag and 4 bottles of water. It took me 10 minutes between holes because the cart was traveling at the speed of a toddler given Nyquil. Given temperature and a mile hike between 16 and the clubhouse  I know if I walk I'd be lucky to get through 18 without taking a 30 minute shade and sit break or overheating badly. On 17 I'm physically willing the cart up hills by pushing with my left leg with the right leg pegged to the gas. The 3/4 mile journey had to take 10 minutes, including a moment where I'm sitting at an interestection going all of a mile an hour waiting for someone to see me having to push this cart. I get through 17, and on 18 it finally gives up. I'm about 300 yards from the proshop- about 100 away from the green. I finish out and go to tell the girl. I figure give her a hand and I'll grab one cart and she'll be pushed by the cart. Go to open the door and it's locked. She left. There's no one at the course but me. I left the cart on the 18th fairway and drove off the course in my car, and thought about calling the clubhouse and leaving a message. But what would I say, they couldn't figure out the second they got on the course? Plus I got lucky, had I been stranded on 13-14 I would I have had a few mile walk in 105 degree weather with a cart bag and a ton of water weighing me down. Plus, no one on the course so any medical issue could have gotten serious.

I end up shooting a rather inspiring 84. I made at least 3 chips that were either a foot away or in the case of one- holed out. I also added a few good looks at birdies and managed to make one. I couldn't believe I held it together.

the rest of the weekend was interesting. Shot 85 yesterday at my home course. Couldn't hit a driver to save my life. Played the front like a champ, but hit 3 balls into the desert rocks on 5 and took a triple on 9 to screw up what could have been a really great front. Ended up having a great back to make up for the follies. Today shot a dismal 91. couldn't hit the driver consistently, and the irons were not as crisp. The big issue was the putter betrayed me. I had 3 straight 3 putts on 2-5. On the back it was a struggle, but I managed a par, par, missed 8 footer for bogey. Had I had any flatstick it would have been a mediocre round in the 80's. A

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Awful, NO ONE in my group showed up so I just played by myself. Went with two randoms, who were bad, really bad. Which is fine because it was a slow day so there was nowhere for me to go. Both groups ahead were going to everyone ball, took forever. My drives were pull hooks or skied fades. My long irons were not accurate. A bladed 2 easy chips. Smacked a few overhanging branches on balls I struck well. Just everything went wrong. Shot a 45 and just called it quits. I'd rather hang out with my kids than play a 6 hour round of bad golf. I'll get them next time. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20