Testers Announced: Volvik Golf Balls and Sun Mountain Bags ×

Perfectly UNPERFECT: THE GRIND FOR (NON)Perfection

35 minutes ago, jbern said:

Just saw this thread and caught up on everything! I loved the vlogs and hope you keep those up! It's awesome that you're posting your golf journey everyday. Getting better can be a struggle and it's kind of refreshing to see that side of things. Loved the BSC videos they sent you and also liked the X videos on Foreplay Pod's account! Very cool of them to shout you out (you even did an ad for them! haha)!

Sorry to hear about your little one being sick. When any of the kids are sick it can be extremely tiring and draining!

Thank you! I plan on keeping the vlogs going, still feels weird but it is kinda therapeutic if that makes sense! It really is keeping me accountable so I am glad you are enjoying it. I plan on keeping the this as real as possible, so the struggles, the normal, and the good! This has been fun honestly! 

The BSC was a blast, and has been cool to see Barstool say so much! 

As @Rob Person said, it has been mentally challenging lol 

Samuel Hanvey 

45 minutes ago, Samuel09152 said:

No golf again today. It’s been raining, baby sick and I’ve got a migraine. So I’ll be going to bed early. Hope y’all have a good one. Sorry for the lame update

Hope everyone in your house feels better!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Samuel09152 said:

No golf again today. It’s been raining, baby sick and I’ve got a migraine. So I’ll be going to bed early. Hope y’all have a good one. Sorry for the lame update

Prayers for you all to get well!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 hours ago, Samuel09152 said:

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

12 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Hope everyone in your house feels better!

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Prayers for you all to get well!

Thank you!

8 hours ago, William P said:

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.

Thank you!

Thank you all for the prayers and vibes. I woke without a headache so that is great. Little girl seems to be feeling better but still has a small fever, but i got some smiles and kisses this morning so that was great! I'm working from home with her. Hope to be able to go outside and chip some in the yard, but its been raining nonstop around here

Samuel Hanvey 

I realized I missed posting yesterday, but between work and working out babysitters for the little. It was a crazy day. I did not get much practice in but did watch the Masters, did some slow swing drills, and drank some azalea's as if I was old Bobby Jones looking over what I created as my vision had life. Then reality came knocking, little girl came crawling up my legs and nearly got step on... She is ok, but did fall down and cried. Since we finally have a sunny day for the first time all week, I am going to the driving range and working on the game. I will try to update how that went tonight. Thank y'all for your patience, and I am grateful for your support on this grind! 

Samuel Hanvey 

Well today was a busy one, getting the house ready for the parents to watch the grand dogs and grandchildren here from Thursday thru Sunday next week. But something awesome happened while I watering the back yard. The neighbors behind me have some boys, three of the boys came out and wanted to show me some clubs they bought from a yard sale. They then wanted to hit some practice balls over the fence back and forth. I got to teach them a little a bit about needing higher lofted clubs because they bought some 4 irons, 6 irons and woods. So I gave them two extra wedges I had to let them have higher lofted clubs. As we hit back and forth they asked questions. I loved it all! I love sharing the game I love! You could see them wanting to know more. Unfortunately I just wanted them to make contact and not worry about much else! We had fun. 

Samuel Hanvey 

Sorry for the lack of posting on this thread of late. My wife and I are leaving to go to a wedding on Thursday, and my parents are staying with our daughter and dogs at our house. This means exactly what you are thinking. MUCH WORK HAS TO BE DONE TO THE HOUSE. A house in which I may add is usually clean and tidy, we have had to do a deep clean. Now am I mad about this no, because it allows me to meet a goal, be a good husband. While cleaning, I also got to chip in the yard, which I overseeded twice the past two weeks, hoping something will stick and grow. So unfortantely I have not been able to play much golf, but I have been able to work on little things around the yard/house and squeeze some putts and chips in when no one is looking. lol Tomorrow, I took off and plan on hitting the range in the morning for an hour or two maybe longer, finish cleaning, and packing. Then get ready for the road trip. I have a round scheduled at Sky Valley up in GA on Friday at 9, really looking forward to that. 

Samuel Hanvey 

Well I got to the range today and boy did it feel good. I hit 80 balls then played the short course.  I worked on ball contact today, so did really worry about distance or where as long as club met ball with decent form and no hurry. I then played rotating tees and it was a tale of 2 9s. I was +9 on the front, which has more water and is likely longer. Alot of holes i just didnt make contact, even though i just worked on it. On the back, I was +4, with a Triple bogey on 1 hole. So really +1 through 8 on the back lol Putting was unreal today, I am going to try to pull the shot scope data up before we leave tomorrow to check to see strokes gained were. Try to compare the 2 nines as well as the last round I had as well. Thank yall for yall's support. 

Samuel Hanvey 

I know it has been about 5 days since last posted on here. I was not expecting to lose all service up in the Highlands though... I did not get to practice at all up there, but I did get to play a round at a place called Sky Valley Country Club and Resort! If you want a fun track in the mountains, this is got to be one of them. It was located 20 minutes outside of Highlands, NC (Bobby Jones was the founder of the Highlands Country Club, but that like every other club up within 20 mins was Private. So this was the closest I found to being open to public.) It was amazing! I will post a video explaining Sky Valley because it was weird to start out from the start, and easier to explain. I shot at an 89, with a rough hungover front 9 which probably hurt me. Here are some pictures though. 

IMG_5632.JPEG.5bf1a3189d56ee661aba3d9f6a840d84.JPEGIMG_5640.JPEG.f7e962f929c260843267eb4ff9c96d91.JPEGIMG_5641.JPEG.f85941c28eb54675138a3f1ced61c9d3.JPEGIMG_5642.JPEG.65e3e38aaa868d744ead7d8300361ac5.JPEGIMG_5643.JPEG.3ab9d0b0dc132150e7d5170e2bec5a62.JPEGIMG_5649.JPEG.4e200d72347735f828e82ec505efece4.JPEGIMG_5651.JPEG.37685a2b42d061794feb18f083c3339e.JPEGIMG_5654.JPEG.abd91251fdaad0b72c8f46a26f853a9a.JPEGIMG_5661.JPEG.5793cf9daa1fb7bec807841c48fda23a.JPEGIMG_5688.JPEG.343b0dc39a349ed36a12e1f048a62b3a.JPEGIMG_3546.JPEG.bf091ab8d021f809ebe0a1620a780567.JPEG

IMG_5631.JPEG

IMG_5644.JPEG

IMG_5645.JPEG

IMG_5653.JPEG

IMG_5658.JPEG

IMG_5657.JPEG

IMG_5660.JPEG

Samuel Hanvey 

Great pics! Amazing views too!  

You know, I've been motorcycling that area for 20 years, and never once thought about golf courses up there until last year. Might have to bring a short stack of clubs this year and hit something close to between Robbinsville and Asheville.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

33 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Great pics! Amazing views too!  

You know, I've been motorcycling that area for 20 years, and never once thought about golf courses up there until last year. Might have to bring a short stack of clubs this year and hit something close to between Robbinsville and Asheville.

I cannot recommend that enough! Every course I saw was stunning and I love views on the courses! So mountain courses are worth everything!  

Samuel Hanvey 

Great pics. Looks like a lovely place to play 

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, Samuel09152 said:

As promised a little bit of Sky Valley and the Game up there. a week late but still made on here. Thanks guys for the love and support! 

Just as the title says.. it's unperfect this game. But im glad you are still gaining confidence and working to get better!

11 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Just as the title says.. it's unperfect this game. But im glad you are still gaining confidence and working to get better!

That it is. Being comfortable with not being perfect is what it’s all about. Knowing the game is about who accepts this while chasing perfection is the struggle I deal with because I want to be perfect lol

Samuel Hanvey 

• 2 weeks later...

I know it has been a while since posting on this thread, but I have been busy! Unfortantely what that means is I have been playing more then practicing and honestly while that helps with some things but I can feel my driver swing getting more distance. This week and next I will be working on the driver. I need to get the swing from the inside instead of over the top. 

I was told the other day, a random guy said my swing was "beautiful". That was probably the nicest thing I have ever been told when playing golf. I didnt play well, but made contact with the ball and had a peircing ball flight, which is always good! 

My friends and I are starting a Ryder Cup style competition. This will be held over a couple months because everyone is putting life before golf->> LAME!! So my practicing will ramp up and ill be posting everyday again soon. There will be 8 of us. 2 teams of 4. matches will be 2v2. matches will be match play. First week is a practice week, we are going to do 6 holes as a shamble (a little change from best ball), 6 holes as altereate shot, and 6 holes of 1v1. there will be no points awarded this week. this week is strictly to find out how teams mesh and who plays best with each other.  This is currently scheduled for June 1st. The next round will be 18 holes of shambel, possible 2 points to be won. The 3rd round being the alternate shot, again 2 possible points to be won. The last round will be 18 holes 1v1 with 4 points being possibly won. If there is a tie, we will have to go to a tie breaker which we havent decided on. We can place skins on each round if wanted, and we can will be playing for a prize (yet to be decided). 

Samuel Hanvey