Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

In For Review! - Adams Speedline Tech Driver

• SPY VIP

We know this is one you guys are going to be very interested in. We've received our samples of the Brand New Adams Speedline Tech Driver. We'll get started on the review ASAP. In the meantime, here are some pics.

The Adams Speedline Tech is most certainly not a traditionally shaped driver. The head is visibly elongated. Everything about this setup scream forgiveness. Expect moderate to above average spin from this one...the guys at Adams have told me this is not designed to be a low spinning driver.

Definitely let us know what you think about what you see.

Adams Speedline Tech Driver Pics

SpeedlineTech-1.jpg

SpeedlineTech-2.jpg

SpeedlineTech-3.jpg

SpeedlineTech-4.jpg

SpeedlineTech-5.jpg

SpeedlineTech-6.jpg

SpeedlineTech-7.jpg

SpeedlineTech-8.jpg

SpeedlineTech-9.jpg

SpeedlineTech-10.jpg

SpeedlineTech-11.jpg

SpeedlineTech-12.jpg

SpeedlineTech-13.jpg

SpeedlineTech-14.jpg

SpeedlineTech-15.jpg

SpeedlineTech-16.jpg

SpeedlineTech-17.jpg

SpeedlineTech-18.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

Looks like the crown is a carbon composite perhaps?

'tis true.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

:wub:

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

The head is, shall we say, distinctive looking. Can't wait for the review...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

well at least Adams went back to a black crown on this driver, I personally don't like the gray on my Adams Fast 12 Ls but it is a beast so I deal with it. This driver has a carbon fiber wing on the back of it, not really sure what in the heck they were trying to achieve with that technology. I find this driver very well ugly looking but if it preforms it is what it is.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

I have the F11 - love it - don't know that I'd love this though - I like the more traditional look - however if I hit it well I learn to like it pretty quickly.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

'tis true.

What makes you think?

COBRA KING LTD Matrix Ozik HD6

ADAMS Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

CLEVELAND GlideRail 20.5* Kuro Kage 80i

CALLAWAY Apex Forged 5-PW UST Recoil 680

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50* & 54* Kuro Kage 80i

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

Will it come in a standard epoxied head? I've got a SuperTri and honing this thing in is getting to be a PITA. Just received an F11 yesterday.

COBRA KING LTD Matrix Ozik HD6

ADAMS Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

CLEVELAND GlideRail 20.5* Kuro Kage 80i

CALLAWAY Apex Forged 5-PW UST Recoil 680

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50* & 54* Kuro Kage 80i

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

• SPY VIP

What makes you think?

Actually, the design is quite interesting. The face and majority of the crown are 6-4 Titanium. The elongated "Wing" on the back of the club is actually made of composite. I haven't had a chance to hit this yet, but it will be interesting to see what impact the carbon fiber has on sound and feel.

• SPY VIP

Will it come in a standard epoxied head? I've got a SuperTri and honing this thing in is getting to be a PITA. Just received an F11 yesterday.

I don't have any absolute knowledge, but I doubt we'll see an epoxy version. I think the days of anything non-adjustable in the driver space are just about over (for the bigger OEMs anyway).

Actually, the design is quite interesting. The face and majority of the crown are 6-4 Titanium. The elongated "Wing" on the back of the club is actually made of composite. I haven't had a chance to hit this yet, but it will be interesting to see what impact the carbon fiber has on sound and feel.

It should be interesting to say the least. Carbon fibre is a really interesting material, and I would guess the use of it here will create a much lower almost persimmon type sound while retaining the rigid feel we associate with modern oversized drivers. My other sport of choice is bicycling, and rode aluminum frames for about 20 years before going over to the dark side with a carbon frame just this season. The ticking sounds of pebbles and such banging off the frame are sounds I have known for a long long time, and the aluminum frames always maintained that metallic ping. Carbon is a low frequency, quiet 'thunk'.

Looking at the driver though, I think this thing may be indicative of the future, not just in increasing swing speed, but the shape of that "wing" could have an effect on swing plane and help right the club face given enough control surface. I suspect that weight and balance is what has prevented the use of this kind of shape before. Carbon gives a lot of options with it's high strength low weight, and with modern carbons not being as brittle as they have been in the past, this could be the beginning of a trend pretty easily.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Awesome stuff guys! Obviously with CORs maxed, more and more manufacturers are starting to turn to aerodynamics to try and squeeze more distance out of their driver designs. I wonder if the USGA is going to put some sort of speed limit on clubhead design in the future?? unsure.gif

Also, as a little shameless plug I thought I would mention we've got the Speedline Tech Driver here, and we're also running a special on the Speedline Fast 12 Driver here.

Cheers!

James

Golf Circuit

James, Golf Circuit Resident PGA Pro

MGS_logo_default.jpg

Love the looks of this club just a dumb question didn't diawa try carbon fiber back in the 90s or so

My Bag

Driver Diablo Edge

Fairway Nickent DX 3 and 5

Hybrid Nickent DT 3 and 4 hybrid

Iron VR Pro Combo5-pw

Wedge Adams Idea Pro 60 and 56

Putter STX X-Form 1

Love the looks of this club just a dumb question didn't diawa try carbon fiber back in the 90s or so

Carbon Fiber from the 90's and carbon fiber today is very different. Back then it was quite brittle. Todays CF is more like aluminum than anything else. Really interesting to see how this plays out.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

• 3 months later...

Not designed to be low spinning???? Wtf not?!?!?

Because anyone who swings under 100 mph (most golfers) needs MORE spin. Spin isn't always the enemy. It's just the enemy for everyone here and at the other equipment forums because we all happen to be scratch golfers :unsure:

Archived