snell golf balls

Hopefully the new Snell golf balls have better quality control. Ordered 2dz mtb prime x. They came with blisters on the edge of dimples. They sent me another 2dz. Also defective and one was terrible, e picture. 31 of 48 balls were bad. Good customer service but bad QA.

PXL_20240423_213941097.jpg

jp

Hey you might get some serious spin characteristics with those balls!  🤣

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

10 hours ago, avgguygolf said:

Hopefully the new Snell golf balls have better quality control. Ordered 2dz mtb prime x. They came with blisters on the edge of dimples. They sent me another 2dz. Also defective and one was terrible, e picture. 31 of 48 balls were bad. Good customer service but bad QA.

PXL_20240423_213941097.jpg

That looks familiar!  I had the same pattern show up as a scuff when hitting a clean shot on quite a few balls in the last 5 dozen I bought.  I don't see the pattern out of the box like you do though.  On mine it seems like the paint comes off the edges of the dimples in that same pentagon pattern.

I know they had ball durability issues with what they called higher swing speed players but my driver ss is only 100 at most.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

When I inspected further  they had to a lesser degree of that same pattern but light scuffing. So if you hit it I could see that the imperfections by the. More noticeable. Coming from an engineering profession to me this was end of life cycle molds they didn't want to replace due to the new ball design for this year. They refunded me though.

jp

I got a pic of it this morning....  I will have to check the boxes I have left more closely to see if there is anything like yours.

IMG_20240425_090526653_HDR(1).jpg.0887009317845409cb89cdd87d8a1240.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I had some of those also about a year ago. I used to only play the snell balls but i think they had a ton of manufacturing issues related to COVID and supply chain. I ended up going changing over to MaxFli or Vice balls because of the few issues I had. 

Plus they made the putting alignment a little less distinct and i liked the old one more

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules