Vice Golf Balls - 2024 Forum Review

On 8/24/2024 at 6:10 PM, 3Putt4Double said:

PXL_20240824_185423126.jpg.e37afa8e8c4a99315118524d363957fb.jpg

Just curious, have any of u spies tried these out yet?

I tried them when I was going through a slump earlier this year and at the time blamed it on the ball. That’s definitely not the case. Looking back it was all me and I need to give these balls another go. I have gone to playing the Maxfli tour x now.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

21 minutes ago, Coulter said:

I tried them when I was going through a slump earlier this year and at the time blamed it on the ball. That’s definitely not the case. Looking back it was all me and I need to give these balls another go. I have gone to playing the Maxfli tour x now.

I'm definitely curious.. Had a good sale on them so I figured why not.. Worst case scenario, I know not to buy them again

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

19 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

I'm definitely curious.. Had a good sale on them so I figured why not.. Worst case scenario, I know not to buy them again

They do have great sales! I almost bought them again the other day but decided for the sake of the Pxg test to stay with the Maxfli tour x just to keep everything as consistent as possible 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

15 minutes ago, Coulter said:

They do have great sales! I almost bought them again the other day but decided for the sake of the Pxg test to stay with the Maxfli tour x just to keep everything as consistent as possible 

That's good thinking.. I normally play a different range of balls but always go back to the Maxfli tour (or the x) .. Currently have Chrome tour, PXG, trifli, and volvik combi in my truck..I love to test lol

1 minute ago, 3Putt4Double said:

That's good thinking.. I normally play a different range of balls but always go back to the Maxfli tour (or the x) .. Currently have Chrome tour, PXG, trifli, and volvik combi in my truck..I love to test lol

Same here.. I have played 8 different balls in the last year.. another to try is the Wilson triad! I do like the vice pro plus as well just not as good of a deal as the Maxfli 

Looks like Vice heard me! They’re now selling their line of balls at Golf Town here in Canada. Well done, Vice!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

5 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

Looks like Vice heard me! They’re now selling their line of balls at Golf Town here in Canada. Well done, Vice!

Wooohooo!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

20 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

That's huge! Selling a bit more expensive than a single box online but probably a wash with no shipping fees. Great opportunity to try a ball or model from Vice.

• Callaway Epic Max LS
  • Cobra Radspeed 3w
  • TM RBZ 19º Hybrid
  • New Level 902-PD 5-PW 
  • Callaway Jaws 52
  • Cleveland RTX 56
  • Alien 60
  • Odessy Dual Force II CS#5 Putter

Been on summer holiday back to Canada for a month and just got back to Belgium. Played another round with the Vice Pro Plus after a bunch of rounds playing other balls. Observations:

- durability is comparable to AVX I had been playing in Canada. I would say the Pro Plus is average durability.

- Approach spin I love. Been getting more spin on wedges than the other balls I had been playing (AVX, TruFeel, Kirkland). Highlight of the last round was a low flighted partial 52 from 100 yards that was hit and stop. Made me temporarily forget the brutal round I was having.

- Distance is king. I'm probably a half club longer with this ball and getting similar stopping power on approach to other balls I played this summer.

• Callaway Epic Max LS
  • Cobra Radspeed 3w
  • TM RBZ 19º Hybrid
  • New Level 902-PD 5-PW 
  • Callaway Jaws 52
  • Cleveland RTX 56
  • Alien 60
  • Odessy Dual Force II CS#5 Putter

3 hours ago, hands39 said:

Been on summer holiday back to Canada for a month and just got back to Belgium. Played another round with the Vice Pro Plus after a bunch of rounds playing other balls. 

- Distance is king. I'm probably a half club longer with this ball and getting similar stopping power on approach to other balls I played this summer.

... I love the personal experiences on MGS. This is one of the reasons many of us say the MGS Ball Test is merely a starting point. For some head scratching reason the two most popular DTC better golf balls here on the forum produced pretty different results off the tee depending on swing speed. Doing your own comparison is always a good idea. 

Screenshot2024-08-27at9_46_15AM.png.ccda8665df7076cbf7464d890284eef6.pngScreenshot2024-08-27at9_47_15AM.png.fb96eec39e9b0218724f1b79de6f4418.pngScreenshot2024-08-27at9_47_58AM.png.d95db87640f6f5fca9a71860764105a9.png

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

26 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I love the personal experiences on MGS. This is one of the reasons many of us say the MGS Ball Test is merely a starting point.

I agree @chisag. My experience of testing the Vice Drive has started me on a whole new journey of seeking out a new ball - something I did not know was even a thing a few months ago. Some of you may not have noticed that I started a thread dubbed Short-listing a Non-Tour Urethane, which clearly used the 2023 Ball Test as my kick-off point. You can see it for yourself here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66181-short-listing-a-non-tour-urethane-ball/

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Spies,

So I've been playing the Pro Plus the past few rounds and I gotta tell ya, I really like them. The have a pop about them that is amazing. This morning I decided to take out the Pro Air and well... I shot my best round at my local par 30 course with a 33! The Airs definitely have a touch more distance, but I really like the workability with them around the greens. Now I'm torn between the two. Luckily, I don't HAVE to chose one or the other. 

IMG20240905065945.jpg

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Hey Spies,

So I've been playing the Pro Plus the past few rounds and I gotta tell ya, I really like them. The have a pop about them that is amazing. This morning I decided to take out the Pro Air and well... I shot my best round at my local par 30 course with a 33! The Airs definitely have a touch more distance, but I really like the workability with them around the greens. Now I'm torn between the two. Luckily, I don't HAVE to chose one or the other. 

IMG20240905065945.jpg

I've been enjoying the Pro Air, but now that Vice balls are available here in Canada, I'm considering picking up a sleeve of the Pro Plus to compare.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

1 hour ago, Lefty11 said:

I've been enjoying the Pro Air, but now that Vice balls are available here in Canada, I'm considering picking up a sleeve of the Pro Plus to compare.

I would highly recommend them. I really can't say which I like more because both are reallyyy good. You'll enjoy gaming them for sure.

WITB

• 2 weeks later...

3 full rounds in and the #1 ball has held up well but I think it's time for retirement. The photo may not show it, but it's looking pretty dingey even after cleaning. The pro air is so good.

IMG20240913142314.jpg.5eefd1fb4876981ea72c5d841dd2efc2.jpg

WITB

On 9/5/2024 at 10:38 AM, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Hey Spies,

IMG20240905065945.jpg

Congrats on that score!!!

2 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

3 full rounds in and the #1 ball has held up well but I think it's time for retirement. The photo may not show it, but it's looking pretty dingey even after cleaning. The pro air is so good.

I agree!  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

19 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

3 rounds with the same ball?! Retire that thing and make a trophy case for it!

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

If anyone has a couple dozen new Vice Pro or Pro Air they'd be interested in trading for some Yellow Maxfli Tour, let me know. I'd love to test them but don't want to buy more balls as I have like 12 dozen of the Maxflis already.

20240223_123302.jpg

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

1 minute ago, Shrek74 said:

If anyone has a couple dozen new Vice Pro or Pro Air they'd be interested in trading for some Yellow Maxfli Tour, let me know. I'd love to test them but don't want to buy more balls as I have like 12 dozen of the Maxflis already.

20240223_123302.jpg

I have some Pro Airs! I’m willing to trade some as they don’t sell Maxfli here!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

2 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

I have some Pro Airs! I’m willing to trade some as they don’t sell Maxfli here!

Drop me a PM and we can discuss.

Putter:
Technology:

35 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

3 rounds with the same ball?! Retire that thing and make a trophy case for it!

To be fair, three 9-hole rounds 😂 but still. 

WITB

9 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

To be fair, three 9-hole rounds 😂 but still. 

... In played Ambiente In Phoenix a few summers ago and tied my low round. I was paired up with a gentleman in his 60's that I am pretty sure didn't break 100. He had been keeping my score and wanted to know my low round before addressing my birdie putt on 18. I told him 66 and tied it as my birdie putt rolled in. I thought he was a little too excited until he blurted out "I also had my best round ever!" And here is the great thing about this amazing game ... it was his best round ever because he had never played 18 without losing a ball and he finished with the same ball he started with. He was soooo happy and was gonna mount it on a plaque and display it. 🥳

... How cool is that? So many reason to love this game and this was a new example for me. I still smile thinking about his absolute joy from that day. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... In played Ambiente In Phoenix a few summers ago and tied my low round. I was paired up with a gentleman in his 60's that I am pretty sure didn't break 100. He had been keeping my score and wanted to know my low round before addressing my birdie putt on 18. I told him 66 and tied it as my birdie putt rolled in. I thought he was a little too excited until he blurted out "I also had my best round ever!" And here is the great thing about this amazing game ... it was his best round ever because he had never played 18 without losing a ball and he finished with the same ball he started with. He was soooo happy and was gonna mount it on a plaque and display it. 🥳

... How cool is that? So many reason to love this game and this was a new example for me. I still smile thinking about his absolute joy from that day. 

That's awesome.. This is an extremely hard game we all love and forget about accomplishments that are important to some ppl! Great story!!

Edited by 3Putt4Double

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

I've only played 18 with the same ball once. Earlier this year. Here's the ball, which is now on a shelf in my office.

20240707_155259.jpg

Putter:
Technology:

19 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Patiently awaiting my 10 dozen vice pros with a free wedge. Damn their promotions 🤣

If I didn't have 18 dozen sitting on my ball shelf I would have ordered 10 dozen to get the wedge. Absolutely love the 50* and want to pick up a 56 bent to 55* to fit between the 50 and 60*.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag