2024 MGS Kingsmill Resort -Live Thread

35 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The groups I was in used the scorecards that were provided. I kept track on my watch. I think there were a few times we ditched the score after a little while because well... there were some bad holes and @GolfSpy_BEN turned his rounds into bunker lessons...

Thanks!  I've played in groups where 1 person was in charge of the groups scoring,  and others where we had to track our own.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

21 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Okay, get ready for a pretty large photo dump.  I've got stuff in here from Saturday as well as a lot of Sunday, too.  I'll try to caption them, but for the most part, it's just fun to revisit the pictures and the moments that inspired them. 

If you haven't been able to join one of the MGS Outings (and this was my first), I cannot recommend it enough.  It's a truly inspiring time, and I genuinely left with my cheeks (my face cheeks, you gross people) aching from smiling for seemingly 4 days straight. 

Our waiter on Friday and Saturday night said something pretty profound, and I'd like to share it before getting to the pictures.  He had asked us how we all knew each other - were we friends from college or something?  On the face of it, we don't look like a typical group of "golf buddies," given the disparity in age and accents (Hey Y'all!! I'm looking at you, @JohnSmalls and @sirchunksalot 🙂 ) - and yet it was clear we all knew each other and were friends.  @GolfSpy BOS semi-jokingly said "we're strangers who met on the internet."  That got a laugh from the group, but then our waiter said "I like that.  In my country, it is very hard to meet new friends once you're an adult.  It is very lonely."

And I have not stopped thinking about that sentiment since.  How often, as grown people, do we get to make a new friend?  It's SO hard as an adult to make a new friend - hell, it's hard enough to hold on to the ones you've got, what with busy schedules and diverting lives.  

And here I was, sitting at a table, with 7 or 8 other guys who were strangers I'd met on the internet, and yet here we all were - friends. 

I'm grateful for this community.  Thanks for sharing it with me.

IMG_5992.jpg

(Let's just get this over with.  The infamous pinecone.  IYKYK.)

IMG_5933.JPG

(A whole bunch of Vokey fans at this place...a SUSPICIOUS amount, if you ask me).

IMG_6038.jpg

(A magnolia blossom, because NATURE. IS. AWESOME (guitar riff) )

IMG_6034.JPG IMG_6032.jpg

(nothing to see here, I'm just an ordinary tackle box...                           OF MEDICAL / WRITING UTENSIL CRISIS!!! @Berg Ryman is prepared. VERY.)

IMG_6031.jpg IMG_6030.jpg IMG_6027.jpg

(Three genuinely great humans.  @StrokerAce, @JohnSmalls and @GolfSpy_APH. Oh, and a photo-bomb by this guy...(see below).)

IMG_6023.jpg

(I mean...who doesn't love a GIANT giant pretzel, amirite?)

IMG_5982.jpg IMG_5984.jpg

( @Jwc5149 before/after)

IMG_9590.jpeg  IMG_5980.jpg

( @GolfSpy_APHbefore/after)

IMG_6061.jpg

(One of the stunning Par 3's we came into contact at The Woods.)

IMG_5989.jpg

(Loved the "old time" feel a lot of the course (The Woods) was designed with.  It's pretty magical.)

IMG_6058.jpg

(Teeing of on another of the Wood's Par 3s - the cart path feels a bit roller-coastery, and I thought the view from here got that point across)

IMG_5988.jpg

(Like a painting - this is from the Plantation course, which was filled with Colonial-style houses, as well as some actual Colonial-era artifacts.)

IMG_5936.jpg

(steps in the middle of a hill - what the...?)

IMG_5937.jpg

(These were part of the original settlement, the walls on the left were part of its foundation.)

IMG_5943.jpg

(This big bird was watching guard for predators)

IMG_5953.jpg

(One of the worst lies I've ever seen.  Plugged, 12" above your feet, on an angle, no green to work with, 20 yards.  Have fun.)

IMG_5955.jpg IMG_5956.jpg

(Jeff showing how his magic act - it didn't go in, sure, but it DID get out and pretty close to the green.  Insane.)

IMG_5972.jpg

( @GolfSpy_APH, watching one go .... (answer is, JUST by).)

IMG_5997.jpg

( @GolfSpy_BEN getting creative out of a nasty lie - Mini Driver forever!)

IMG_6001.jpg

(Hard to have a positive "mindset" when your ball's half-buried.  Then again, glass-half-full: your ball is half UNburied, too!)

IMG_5977.jpg

(GET IN THE HOLE!)

IMG_6055.jpg

(Just some L.A.B. guys, hanging out, with their favorite tools (the putters) )

IMG_6054.jpg

(Glamour shot of the L.A.B. putters in play 🙂 )

IMG_6014.jpeg

(Bambi made an appearance on the 9th at River 🙂 )

IMG_6018.jpeg

(the only birdie I was able to find after the 17th at Royal New Kent)

IMG_6022.jpeg

(Post round walk to the restaurant to grab a much-needed (and deserved) bite to eat and a drink)

This was a fabulous visual recap.  Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

PRIZES were awarded  - check it out in the good morning thread...

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

52 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

PRIZES were awarded  - check it out in the good morning thread...

Congratulations!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Awesome recap @MDGolfHacker and it was truly a lot of fun to put real people to the forum names at this event. 😎

Scores didn't matter to me, the enjoyment of the camaraderie of all the Spies in attendance was the best part of the whole gathering. 👍

Looking forward to next year, and your competition for the trophy with @Berg Ryman.

Since I played rounds with both of you during this event, I tried to remain "neutral" and wished the best for both of you while out on the courses.

@MDGolfHacker I also showed my son the fish picture, and he being an avid fisherman was also impressed. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

6 hours ago, Rob Person said:

So this question may seem a little trivial. However, I would like to know if everyone used paper cards, they used digital/tech , or a combination of both?

As mentioned we mostly used the pre printed cards with each name on them. 

I unfortunately found out too late they has set us up in Golf Genius for live scoring where we could have followed along on all the scores.  Maybe next time! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks!  I've played in groups where 1 person was in charge of the groups scoring,  and others where we had to track our own.

Rob fyi any comps between players were strictly informal and limited to that group; there was no overall scoring except for 1 round of counting up just putts - and this was to award two putters from, I believe forum testing(?) to two lucky recipients.

There was also a hard rock challenge for the first three holes of the Plantation course (Saturday) - also just for those who wanted to participate; organized by @JohnSmalls - where you play an old Top Flite (preferred) or Nitro or other 2-piece "distance" ball (ie. one that you would definitely -not- play in your normal rounds 😄).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

48 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I'll leave everyone with this. When I did this recap post after Queenstown, I mentioned how I felt bizarre after that experience due to social awkwardness, age gap stuff, and being on the fringe just due to my nature. I've been open this year about my mental state at times, the relationship golf has to it, and just trying to get better. It seems even more appropriate after the Greyson Murray story that shook us all to remind ourselves that the golf doesn't matter, it's the community that grows up around it that does. This trip re-enforced for me that this group, this chosen family or community, is the best one on the internet. It's weird to feel like I have a role of 'dad' given I'm probably among the youngest in the group, but it's a role of making sure everyone's having a good time and everything they need, and that makes me feel happy. Thank you for letting me find myself and carve out a part of it and bring a touch of joy to your lives while growing the joy I find. Until next time gentlemen and ladies, the pleasure was mine

..awesome.......... 👍

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

53 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Alright, so it's Wednesday now and I've had a chance to decompress and think about the last week or so, reflect on it and report back to you guys as to how I thought it went.

First, we have to talk about Kingsmill Resort. It's a great place for a family base on vacation or for a long weekend with the boys. The lazy river/pool area was legit, even if was just opened a week or so before we got there and there was even a bar area with food out there, even if we didn't utilize it. The one major difference, and the one thing those of us who were at the Queenstown event, was the structure of the condo setup. So to give everyone an idea, there were three bedrooms per "area" so to speak with two solo bedrooms with Kings, and a shared room that was a double, then a common room for each foursome. Consider that with Queenstown with all of us in one condo with enough common space to get together, so it did feel like a slight downshift there, although we all eventually found our way to 'Mod House" on most nights.

Next, I'd be remiss if I didn't discuss Wednesday's round at Compass Pointe. One of the goals when I decided I was going to go on this trip was meeting up with @Golfspy_CG2 to pay off his open invite from Queenstown for anyone to come to his place and play and because he and I have been such good friends on this forum, I had to make it. Let me tell you guys something, it's a nice track. I only got to see 9 holes of it and the conditions weren't ideal, but it was pretty. Playing alongside my eternal 'frienemy' @MDGolfHacker and @TheSuper, the actual greenskeeper at the course was a great time. Shots were good, spirits were high, and the post round food at Friendly's was solid for an evening spent among friends. I hope that Fribble was frothy and delicious, just the way that redheaded girl makes it.

The next began the soujourn down the Kingsmill but not without a stop at MGS HQ for a bit of a check in. When there we got to meet Phil, who was an excellent host to us, and also got to meet Bennett who was generous with her time given they had just finished everything up with the build and issue, informing us the wood lattice we aw had just gone up in the past day or so. HQ will definitely be something awesome as it really finishes out coming to together soon. We also had some swag that was left over from the group in the morning to pick over, I nabbed a nice white NPG hat. Phil did try to get me more stuff considering my size of shirt wasn't available being a bigger dude, but I told him I was more than happy just being there and that's what mattered to me.

After this it was one to Kingsmill. Now, this was a weird thing because @Golfspy_CG2 and I were I think the only two people to get there at check-in, and housekeeping was still working on our area, so I was kind kept in my little double bedroom until my roommates showed up, also there was discussion of a group chat going on, which apparently, through the fault of no one, my number wasn't put into so I had no contact with the group until added that night! A weird time to be sure but a fun time. After a run to Harris Teeter and ABC VA, we were ready to get the show on the road. Eventually @GolfSpy_APH, @GolfSpy SAM, and @GolfSpy_BEN showed up, let me into the main room, and we were rolling into a late Pizza Hut order that went over pretty well.

Friday, day one of golf, and I made it to the range eventually! Admittedly, and those on these trips know, I'm not much of a range guy, but with the Rapsodo contest, I had to be there. I finished 3rd overall, nabbing a dozen Chrome Soft X's for my trouble with the Rapsodo markings before getting ready for the day one round. It was here I played some of the best golf I had played in a while, getting to the fifth tee at even after a birdie on the first par 3 of the trip and two really good pars after that. I didn't keep it going around, but had some great shots to make it feel like the round on the River was a success. I got the opportunity to play with @EasyPutter, @rkj427, and @GolfSpy BOS's Dad Jimmie. What an awesome group of guys who keep the vibes light and the good times plentiful.

The Plantation Round on Saturday was where I was placed into ridiculous status for this trip. Paired again with @Golfspy_CG2, and new friends @TJ Hall and @sirchunksalot, I hit so many trees off the tee, and so many times the ball would arrive right back out in the fairway. It became so prevalent that I needed to decide whether to pay dues to the club or dress up with green hair in a Captain Planet outfit. The scoring on this way was the worst of the trip because I played it out fully tipped, but I again made a birdie on a Par 5 where I did get a slight advantage about the huge ravine in front of the green on a par 5 requiring a layup.

The final round, the Woods was a fun time. Again paired with my good chum @sirchunksalot we were in with intrepid travelers @Kenny B and the missus Miss Martha. What a cool course the Woods was man. Well kept, cool layout, and fun while also being challenging. A fair assessment of your golf for sure. A highlight birdie with a beautiful gap wedge to a 1 foot was maybe my shot of the trip and the bomb made by Martha on 17 for her birdie will live long in the memory.

So, I do have to go through after this recap and mention some people individually, sorry for anyone not tagged.

First, to Mod House, @GolfSpy_APH, @GolfSpy SAM, and @GolfSpy_BEN. Thanks for letting me crash with 'all. Thanks for just being a great group of dudes, and thank you for what you do for this forum.

Second, to my fellow Queens Towners who I maybe didn't get to see as much of on this trip @GolfSpy AFG, @Jwc5149, @cnosil, and @cksurfdude. It was awesome to see you all again however briefly and it was cool to reminisce and just chill for once

To the newbies, thank you guys for coming out. New energy and new vibes around these trips are always fun and I hope we put on well enough for you to convince yourselves 2025 might be of interest. @JohnSmalls, the HRC will never die, hope that Oncore is safe and sound

To my playing partners, @EasyPutter, thanks for using that combat driving experience to keep me safe, @rkj427 and Jimmie, thanks for keeping spirits high and playing well. @TJ Hall thank you for being the nicest southerner of all time because if I had your breaks and watched someone else do what I did, that guy would have been leaving with a least one black eye. To @Kenny B and Martha, thanks for the talk, the stories, and the fun. Lastly, to @sirchunksalot, I hope I continue to inspire you as you inspire me with every #Back9Charge you have going forward.

To the staff of MyGolfSpy at HQ and the Forum, thank you so much for meeting with us, setting this up and making it happen. Honestly, I'll tell you guys this, I know he gives up super serious tough guy vibes, but Adam Beach is one of the nicest people I ever got to meet. Sharing just a few minutes with him talking about life in general was so cool. He's someone who seriously cares about others and will go to bat for any of us if he's in our corner.

To @MDGolfHacker, thanks for the dollar back! Seriously though, Jose. Still one of the coolest dudes out there doing it, always positive, always game, and always there with a first pound or an attaboy. The perfect golf partner or foursome member.

Lastly, to @Golfspy_CG2. Rob, I remember when there was an initial idea about a Myrtle Beach trip back in 2019(?) I had just started to really get into the forum and said I'd train down to Baltimore and ride with you. You've always been one of the best people here and getting to meet you in person and have that experience was one of the main reasons for me going on this trip, and it lived up to every expectation.

I'll leave everyone with this. When I did this recap post after Queenstown, I mentioned how I felt bizarre after that experience due to social awkwardness, age gap stuff, and being on the fringe just due to my nature. I've been open this year about my mental state at times, the relationship golf has to it, and just trying to get better. It seems even more appropriate after the Grayson Murray story that shook us all to remind ourselves that the golf doesn't matter, it's the community that grows up around it that does. This trip re-enforced for me that this group, this chosen family or community, is the best one on the internet. It's weird to feel like I have a role of 'dad' given I'm probably among the youngest in the group, but it's a role of making sure everyone's having a good time and everything they need, and that makes me feel happy. Thank you for letting me find myself and carve out a part of it and bring a touch of joy to your lives while growing the joy I find. Until next time gentlemen and ladies, the pleasure was mine

Loved everything about this post.  So pleased we got to spend some time together, and can't wait for the next time!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

14 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Alright, so it's Wednesday now and I've had a chance to decompress and think about the last week or so, reflect on it and report back to you guys as to how I thought it went.

First, we have to talk about Kingsmill Resort. It's a great place for a family base on vacation or for a long weekend with the boys. The lazy river/pool area was legit, even if was just opened a week or so before we got there and there was even a bar area with food out there, even if we didn't utilize it. The one major difference, and the one thing those of us who were at the Queenstown event, was the structure of the condo setup. So to give everyone an idea, there were three bedrooms per "area" so to speak with two solo bedrooms with Kings, and a shared room that was a double, then a common room for each foursome. Consider that with Queenstown with all of us in one condo with enough common space to get together, so it did feel like a slight downshift there, although we all eventually found our way to 'Mod House" on most nights.

Next, I'd be remiss if I didn't discuss Wednesday's round at Compass Pointe. One of the goals when I decided I was going to go on this trip was meeting up with @Golfspy_CG2 to pay off his open invite from Queenstown for anyone to come to his place and play and because he and I have been such good friends on this forum, I had to make it. Let me tell you guys something, it's a nice track. I only got to see 9 holes of it and the conditions weren't ideal, but it was pretty. Playing alongside my eternal 'frienemy' @MDGolfHacker and @TheSuper, the actual greenskeeper at the course was a great time. Shots were good, spirits were high, and the post round food at Friendly's was solid for an evening spent among friends. I hope that Fribble was frothy and delicious, just the way that redheaded girl makes it.

The next began the soujourn down the Kingsmill but not without a stop at MGS HQ for a bit of a check in. When there we got to meet Phil, who was an excellent host to us, and also got to meet Bennett who was generous with her time given they had just finished everything up with the build and issue, informing us the wood lattice we aw had just gone up in the past day or so. HQ will definitely be something awesome as it really finishes out coming to together soon. We also had some swag that was left over from the group in the morning to pick over, I nabbed a nice white NPG hat. Phil did try to get me more stuff considering my size of shirt wasn't available being a bigger dude, but I told him I was more than happy just being there and that's what mattered to me.

After this it was one to Kingsmill. Now, this was a weird thing because @Golfspy_CG2 and I were I think the only two people to get there at check-in, and housekeeping was still working on our area, so I was kind kept in my little double bedroom until my roommates showed up, also there was discussion of a group chat going on, which apparently, through the fault of no one, my number wasn't put into so I had no contact with the group until added that night! A weird time to be sure but a fun time. After a run to Harris Teeter and ABC VA, we were ready to get the show on the road. Eventually @GolfSpy_APH, @GolfSpy SAM, and @GolfSpy_BEN showed up, let me into the main room, and we were rolling into a late Pizza Hut order that went over pretty well.

Friday, day one of golf, and I made it to the range eventually! Admittedly, and those on these trips know, I'm not much of a range guy, but with the Rapsodo contest, I had to be there. I finished 3rd overall, nabbing a dozen Chrome Soft X's for my trouble with the Rapsodo markings before getting ready for the day one round. It was here I played some of the best golf I had played in a while, getting to the fifth tee at even after a birdie on the first par 3 of the trip and two really good pars after that. I didn't keep it going around, but had some great shots to make it feel like the round on the River was a success. I got the opportunity to play with @EasyPutter, @rkj427, and @GolfSpy BOS's Dad Jimmie. What an awesome group of guys who keep the vibes light and the good times plentiful.

The Plantation Round on Saturday was where I was placed into ridiculous status for this trip. Paired again with @Golfspy_CG2, and new friends @TJ Hall and @sirchunksalot, I hit so many trees off the tee, and so many times the ball would arrive right back out in the fairway. It became so prevalent that I needed to decide whether to pay dues to the club or dress up with green hair in a Captain Planet outfit. The scoring on this way was the worst of the trip because I played it out fully tipped, but I again made a birdie on a Par 5 where I did get a slight advantage about the huge ravine in front of the green on a par 5 requiring a layup.

The final round, the Woods was a fun time. Again paired with my good chum @sirchunksalot we were in with intrepid travelers @Kenny B and the missus Miss Martha. What a cool course the Woods was man. Well kept, cool layout, and fun while also being challenging. A fair assessment of your golf for sure. A highlight birdie with a beautiful gap wedge to a 1 foot was maybe my shot of the trip and the bomb made by Martha on 17 for her birdie will live long in the memory.

So, I do have to go through after this recap and mention some people individually, sorry for anyone not tagged.

First, to Mod House, @GolfSpy_APH, @GolfSpy SAM, and @GolfSpy_BEN. Thanks for letting me crash with 'all. Thanks for just being a great group of dudes, and thank you for what you do for this forum.

Second, to my fellow Queens Towners who I maybe didn't get to see as much of on this trip @GolfSpy AFG, @Jwc5149, @cnosil, and @cksurfdude. It was awesome to see you all again however briefly and it was cool to reminisce and just chill for once

To the newbies, thank you guys for coming out. New energy and new vibes around these trips are always fun and I hope we put on well enough for you to convince yourselves 2025 might be of interest. @JohnSmalls, the HRC will never die, hope that Oncore is safe and sound

To my playing partners, @EasyPutter, thanks for using that combat driving experience to keep me safe, @rkj427 and Jimmie, thanks for keeping spirits high and playing well. @TJ Hall thank you for being the nicest southerner of all time because if I had your breaks and watched someone else do what I did, that guy would have been leaving with a least one black eye. To @Kenny B and Martha, thanks for the talk, the stories, and the fun. Lastly, to @sirchunksalot, I hope I continue to inspire you as you inspire me with every #Back9Charge you have going forward.

To the staff of MyGolfSpy at HQ and the Forum, thank you so much for meeting with us, setting this up and making it happen. Honestly, I'll tell you guys this, I know he gives up super serious tough guy vibes, but Adam Beach is one of the nicest people I ever got to meet. Sharing just a few minutes with him talking about life in general was so cool. He's someone who seriously cares about others and will go to bat for any of us if he's in our corner.

To @MDGolfHacker, thanks for the dollar back! Seriously though, Jose. Still one of the coolest dudes out there doing it, always positive, always game, and always there with a first pound or an attaboy. The perfect golf partner or foursome member.

Lastly, to @Golfspy_CG2. Rob, I remember when there was an initial idea about a Myrtle Beach trip back in 2019(?) I had just started to really get into the forum and said I'd train down to Baltimore and ride with you. You've always been one of the best people here and getting to meet you in person and have that experience was one of the main reasons for me going on this trip, and it lived up to every expectation.

I'll leave everyone with this. When I did this recap post after Queenstown, I mentioned how I felt bizarre after that experience due to social awkwardness, age gap stuff, and being on the fringe just due to my nature. I've been open this year about my mental state at times, the relationship golf has to it, and just trying to get better. It seems even more appropriate after the Grayson Murray story that shook us all to remind ourselves that the golf doesn't matter, it's the community that grows up around it that does. This trip re-enforced for me that this group, this chosen family or community, is the best one on the internet. It's weird to feel like I have a role of 'dad' given I'm probably among the youngest in the group, but it's a role of making sure everyone's having a good time and everything they need, and that makes me feel happy. Thank you for letting me find myself and carve out a part of it and bring a touch of joy to your lives while growing the joy I find. Until next time gentlemen and ladies, the pleasure was mine

This....

This is so PROFOUND!

Above anything else, I want to tell you, Thank you for sharing !!!

Just now, MDGolfHacker said:

@cksurfdude + I literally had this exact text conversation with @Golfspy_CG2 and hour or so ago. I played it a tourney on Monday and was just on 🔥! Hitting fairways, approach shots fairly close to the pin, putts dropping (mostly😁) I actually said out loud to my playing partners "where was this during my rounds at Kingsmill??" 🤦🏽‍♂️😁😂🤣 Golf is a funny game at times, lol

Well then here's the current working theory: being on the outing was *good* for our respective golf games!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

42 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Well then here's the current working theory: being on the outing was *good* for our respective golf games!!

.... and magic for the soul !!

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I forgot to ask this, unless it was already mentioned and I missed it, but how did the Rapsodo contest go? 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

A detailed recap of each round I played would be tantamount to kicking myself in the nuts, repeatedly. So instead, know that I didn’t play well and instead check out the souvenirs I brought home 😁

IMG_3012.jpeg

The T shirt and head cover were courtesy of our visit to HQ on Thursday morning prior to the round at Royal New Kent.

IMG_3021.jpeg

I also grabbed poker chip ball markers from Williamsburg National and Royal New Kent. They are the same on both sides.IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

I grabbed these 2 metal ball markers from the pro shop for the River & Plantation courses, each has a smaller marker held in the middle by a magnet:

IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

Along the perimeter is the hole numbers, par for each, and yardage from the tips.

When we arrived at the Woods on Sunday, I had hopes that I would find a similar style of marker to complete the set. Instead, this was the only one the had on offer:

IMG_3015.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

However, they made up for it by offering what may be my favorite item I grabbed while I was there:

IMG_3022.jpeg

Made from what feels to be premium leather, I absolutely love the design and colors. 

As to the golf, I left Virginia a humble man, with a new appreciation for those that play their rounds on Bermuda grass. It wasn’t all bad, though and I had enough good shots and good company that the trip will be nothing but good memories. 

That cover is awesome!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

A detailed recap of each round I played would be tantamount to kicking myself in the nuts, repeatedly. So instead, know that I didn’t play well and instead check out the souvenirs I brought home 😁

IMG_3012.jpeg

The T shirt and head cover were courtesy of our visit to HQ on Thursday morning prior to the round at Royal New Kent.

IMG_3021.jpeg

I also grabbed poker chip ball markers from Williamsburg National and Royal New Kent. They are the same on both sides.IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

I grabbed these 2 metal ball markers from the pro shop for the River & Plantation courses, each has a smaller marker held in the middle by a magnet:

IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

Along the perimeter is the hole numbers, par for each, and yardage from the tips.

When we arrived at the Woods on Sunday, I had hopes that I would find a similar style of marker to complete the set. Instead, this was the only one the had on offer:

IMG_3015.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

However, they made up for it by offering what may be my favorite item I grabbed while I was there:

IMG_3022.jpeg

Made from what feels to be premium leather, I absolutely love the design and colors. 

As to the golf, I left Virginia a humble man, with a new appreciation for those that play their rounds on Bermuda grass. It wasn’t all bad, though and I had enough good shots and good company that the trip will be nothing but good memories. 

That is some awesome swag! Big fan of those ball markers with the yardages

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

2 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

• It's fired me up even more to get my game in gear.  While I didn't play as bad I thought, I definitely didn't play as well as my game lead me to believe leading up to Kingsmill and post Kingsmill

While you may not have been completely happy with your game,  your trick shot was AMAZING 🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just managed to catch up on all the final updates now. Thanks for sharing guys looks like you had an awesome time

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft