Callaway Opus Wedges - 2024 Forum Review

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Lots of toe / heel camber on these unless my eyes are playing tricks on me

You are not seeing things! The grinds are very functional and proved useful on the deck yesterday. Was able to open up or even play squared up and not worry about the toe digging in or the heel snagging on some blades. Was the most confident I have been in a while with some of the shots I had to make either on the fairway or compact dirt. 

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

Should be out back testing wedges, got preoccupied with a new purchase today.....20240907_171727.jpg.7f7dad84f59c87bd6acfc922344ffd92.jpg20240907_173016.jpg.01f39f7a6d37b4bbc9a149fe6ef293c2.jpg

Alright, back to regularly scheduled programming lol!!!!

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

First impression is up, lots of pictures, some initial testing impressions will be coming Monday or Tuesday

Titleist TSR2 9degree

Callaway Paradym X 3W

Callaway Epic Max 5W

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4-PW

Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50-degree, Cleveland Tour Action 588 56-degree

Nike Putter

21 hours ago, Chux13 said:

You are not seeing things! The grinds are very functional and proved useful on the deck yesterday. Was able to open up or even play squared up and not worry about the toe digging in or the heel snagging on some blades. Was the most confident I have been in a while with some of the shots I had to make either on the fairway or compact dirt. 

I tried to like Callaway wedges, and some older PING models, but that bulbous leading edge gives me the heebie-geebies.  Even the High toe, Edel and well a lot of wedges have that.  Prefer a much more straight leading edge.  Curious does the 48-55 range have that as well? 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I tried to like Callaway wedges, and some older PING models, but that bulbous leading edge gives me the heebie-geebies.  Even the High toe, Edel and well a lot of wedges have that.  Prefer a much more straight leading edge.  Curious does the 48-55 range have that as well? 

I compared the 54* look wise to my 52* SM7 no glaring difference top down.

Ill try to get some good pictures fo you Allen.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

@Shankster, here are a couple shots of my 54° 12S grind. Hope this helps give a better idea of what that leading edge looks like from a couple profile shots. I know the feeling with those "bulbous" wedges but have not had that sense of dread with this wedge at address so far.

image.png.e41d408236e7f50bcc22f9006a3ccfb6.png

Chux Bag o' Magic:

Brief unboxing thoughts are up. You can go back to page 1 or click the link in my sig to get there. First impressions right around the corner 😄

Edited by Chux13

Chux Bag o' Magic:

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

I compared the 54* look wise to my 52* SM7 no glaring difference top down.

I’ll try to get some good pictures fo you Allen.

Party On Wayne.

2 hours ago, Chux13 said:

@Shankster, here are a couple shots of my 54° 12S grind. Hope this helps give a better idea of what that leading edge looks like from a couple profile shots. I know the feeling with those "bulbous" wedges but have not had that sense of dread with this wedge at address so far.

image.png.e41d408236e7f50bcc22f9006a3ccfb6.png

Thanks Dude.

got my first swings in today with the wedges and hooked up the flightscope to get some data.

IMG_4619.jpeg

ill have some first impressions up end of the week after I get a round in but preliminary first thoughts the feel is Tony the Tiger great. Good pop and just felt crisp. I took about 10 shots before the sun tucked behind the trees  and you can tell these are new wedges taking chunks out of the ball 😂 .most part good contact couple close to the hosel.

IMG_4621.jpeg

as far as data seeing similar spin as to what I did when I went to PGASS on full shots. 10-11k realm which is Definitly about 1-2k more then what I would see with my SM7s.

IMG_4624.png

I tried to cross reference with my 7 and 4 iron which were what I would see on good shots so I do trust that the 10-11k is accurate. More to come especially on course where it matters!

IMG_4622.pngIMG_4623.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

got my first swings in today with the wedges and hooked up the flightscope to get some data.

IMG_4619.jpeg

ill have some first impressions up end of the week after I get a round in but preliminary first thoughts the feel is Tony the Tiger great. Good pop and just felt crisp. I took about 10 shots before the sun tucked behind the trees  and you can tell these are new wedges taking chunks out of the ball 😂 .most part good contact couple close to the hosel.

IMG_4621.jpeg

as far as data seeing similar spin as to what I did when I went to PGASS on full shots. 10-11k realm which is Definitly about 1-2k more then what I would see with my SM7s.

IMG_4624.png

I tried to cross reference with my 7 and 4 iron which were what I would see on good shots so I do trust that the 10-11k is accurate. More to come especially on course where it matters!

IMG_4622.pngIMG_4623.png

Excuse me, sir, may I have some of that spin?  Just 2-3000 rpms extra would be nice.

Also, it looks like a few of those were dangerously close to taking a quick right-hand turn into the neighbor's yard.  🥶

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

IMG_4619.jpeg

IMG_4621.jpeg

IMG_4624.png

IMG_4622.pngIMG_4623.png

Nice spin numbers!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Excuse me, sir, may I have some of that spin?  Just 2-3000 rpms extra would be nice.

Also, it looks like a few of those were dangerously close to taking a quick right-hand turn into the neighbor's yard.  🥶

I saw the Alan signal, decided to stay home.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-WJkq5Ja6J4?si=EaBEerVXixScD37d

Had some time this evening to get good testing with the 58° C grind. As Mark mentioned, you can tell the wedge grooves are sharp due to the scuffs on the balls. The greens got punched yesterday which was causing erratic bounce behavior, but I could tell the spin was working. 

I was hitting a variety of controlled pitches from low to high flights, various lies from buried to perfect and the Opus just kept delivering time after time! That's it for now, I'll be back with more.

Edited by injectedcutty
Update for test

Scott J

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

It’s still on the face 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I'm right there with you @GolfSpy_SHARK 🤣. Wondering if this may be a product of the higher COG? Happening with both of my wedges 🤔

image.png.aa2d5f81d11411ae11105b12d962d421.png

Chux Bag o' Magic:

8 minutes ago, Chux13 said:

I'm right there with you @GolfSpy_SHARK 🤣. Wondering if this may be a product of the higher COG? Happening with both of my wedges 🤔

image.png.aa2d5f81d11411ae11105b12d962d421.png

Just an adjustment period I’m sure! 

you’ll be centered there soon, looks pretty consistent. 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Just an adjustment period I’m sure! 

you’ll be centered there soon, looks pretty consistent. 

Absolutely. I think one of the positive unintended consequences of getting these clubs in hand is the fact that I have spent more time working on my wedges than I ever have before. I just added my first impressions to the main page, and as mentioned there, it had been a part of my game I had often neglected and just felt was good enough to survive. From the first few swings to the first round already, I can easily say this is going to be a fun and interesting ride.

Edited by Chux13

Chux Bag o' Magic:

Hey, Spies! I've booked a 1 hour practice session at the PGA Superstore so I can demo a few other wedges and get some ideas of how the others feel in the hand and what the numbers may look like with my swing. I've never had wedges of this level, so I want to get an idea of some perspective on what others may consider moving on from. I want to ask you all if there are any specific requests, clubs (if available), swings, etc. that I may be able to check out for you? I will be at the Tucson, AZ store at 10 AM tomorrow (Sept 13), so also feel free to come down and check out/swing the Opus wedges I am testing if you are in the area! 

Edited by Chux13

Chux Bag o' Magic:

Will have first impressions up this weekend . Had a multitude of different shots and tried to capture some pictures of each one.

i was alone on the first hole and was able to capture a quick video of what my lie looked like and took pictures of my spot on the green. I ended up 2 putting for par. All in all the wedge was beautiful.

ended up about 10’ away high side after a one hop check IMG_4629-compressed.jpegIMG_4630-compressed.jpegIMG_4631-compressed.jpeg

More to come but I am noticing I seemed to be long on full shots, substantially longer? Even though the 54* is 2* lower lofted? Is that pretty standard?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

23 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Will have first impressions up this weekend . Had a multitude of different shots and tried to capture some pictures of each one.

i was alone on the first hole and was able to capture a quick video of what my lie looked like and took pictures of my spot on the green. I ended up 2 putting for par. All in all the wedge was beautiful.

ended up about 10’ away high side after a one hop check IMG_4629-compressed.jpegIMG_4630-compressed.jpegIMG_4631-compressed.jpeg

More to come but I am noticing I seemed to be long on full shots, substantially longer? Even though the 54* is 2* lower lofted? Is that pretty standard?

I might be wrong in my thinking but i dont believe so, when you say lower lofted to me it means the loft went from 54* to 52* and yes that would make a difference in making the ball carry farther.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

2 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

I might be wrong in my thinking but i dont believe so, when you say lower lofted to me it means the loft went from 54* to 52* and yes that would make a difference in making the ball carry farther.

Sorry higher lofted* going from 52* to a 54*

hit a par 3 course today which was all 60-100 yard shots so all I used was these two wedges today. Planning to put the video together here shortly to post but this is Definitly longer. I didn’t have the best swings throughout but some good ones 10-15 yards longer easily 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

41 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Sorry higher lofted* going from 52* to a 54*

hit a par 3 course today which was all 60-100 yard shots so all I used was these two wedges today. Planning to put the video together here shortly to post but this is Definitly longer. I didn’t have the best swings throughout but some good ones 10-15 yards longer easily 

might be a combination of more spin and maybe more launch with the new shaft in the wedges.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Opus Platinum - First Round Impressions

TL;DR: First round with these beasts was completed last weekend, and I am definitely impressed with their performance. Moving from my conventional self-built 52/56/60 combo to these higher-level offerings absolutely needed that adjustment period before things got actually easier with the Opus Platinum wedge. My main struggle came from the promised and delivered "easy spin" these clubs provide. Through the first 9, I struggled with the ball stopping within a yard of the landing zone with pitches and not getting the insane roll I normally did with my current gamers. Once I realized I needed to attack the pin, I found myself with virtual gimmies on 3 straight holes that demanded a solid wedge approach. The eye test did note a lower flight and solid stopping power through every shot utilized with the Opus Platinum wedge, along with a smooth, forgiving, and very stable feel. These clubs are legit.

image.png.86160d33fdeb626f5407a5d12e06a65c.png

I took the shiny new toys with me to Mt. Graham GC in sunny but windy Safford, Arizona. The range was not open this morning, so I did not get a great chance to gauge my game for the day. Thankfully, the approach green was wide open and safe from my uncertainty with how the wedges will swing on the turf. Confidence was quickly built as I started a few practice swings and gauged how the wedges felt off the ground. These clubs just feel so solid and easy to swing through the turf and found myself picking the ball clean ALMOST every time. There were times I would catch the ball too heavy or thin, but that was more a me problem. After a half hour on the chipping green, it was time to take my bag to the course.

Hole 2 - 35 yards short and right of the green

I found an opportunity on the Par 5 2nd hole to utilize the Opus Platinum 53º (OP53) to attack the green and get the first GIR of the day. I practiced a few from this distance earlier, so I had some idea what to do here. I was able to pick the ball clean, but the ball did go a bit high as I hit the ball high on the face. Forgiveness here, thanks to the higher COG from the tungsten weighting, was paramount since I would normally end up much shorter with my current gamers. The OP53 did its job and saved my GIR regardless of the high contact only just a few yards left of my intended target line. Ball stopped right away and left me with a decent shot at birdie. Par!

Hole 4 - 25 yards short of green

After an errant tee shot, I had to just punch back out to the fairway and scramble for par. Enter the 58º Opus Platinum (OP58) wedge. Again, I felt confident in a low pitch to the green but felt I had to allow for some roll as these greens were not super-fast but firm. I felt like I struck the ball very well here and did in fact keep the flight lower than usual. Only problem was, I did not get that roll I was used to. Dang thing hit the green and did not roll out at all! Bogey. Note, I had the phone supported by the cart seat, so you can hear the old school hip hop my buddy Joel and I had going through the round 🤣

Hole 6 - 15 yards to cup back side of green

Long of the green, sloping away, slightly elevated. These shots have been a nuisance for me as I do struggle with control and usually blow past the hole 7 feet past the cup at best. I never had faith in either my 56 or 60 degree current gamers but did feel good about giving the OP58 a chance. Call it nerves or past trauma, but I ended up holding back on my swing. Even with the weak swing I was impressed to see the ball not release anywhere as much as I am use to and still not pop up as I would normally do with my 60. I honestly had a hunch at this point that I would be better attacking the pin and not rely on the roll I produce with the current gamers. Things got a whole lot more fun from this hole forward.....

Hole 8 and Beyond - Let's Freaking GOOO!

Another errant approach along with a strong crosswind left me with a shot I absolutely HATE on this course. I was around 30 yards left of the green just passed the cart path and on a hard, bare lie of desert. It is not the bare lie I fear but being on the side of a very narrow green. I really struggle getting the ball to stay on the green and usually find myself either short or on the opposite side of the green after the ball rolls off. OP53 was in hand for this one. I picked the ball so dang clean off that lie and just watched in awe as the ball flew about 20 feet in the air, hit a few yards into the green, checked up, rolled with the slope above the cup, and nearly holed the dang thing out. Easy par! I could not believe I not only got a clean shot and flight with the lie I had but was able to keep the ball on the green. Smile inducing stuff there. I was alone with my buddy chasing his ball down, so I got pictures of where it started and how it ended.

image.png.30ae451a2c6f704b8b40ba17ae280cea.png

That only built more confidence not only in the clubs, but in my approach to the shots. At hole 10, I smashed a drive with the wind and ended up short and right of the green. My buddy thought he was recording but ended up taking a photo of where I lie, and again, the eerily similar result with the OP53 from another shot and narrow green I struggle with...

image.png.ba04965b0acc5b0f1c1b5599223c2c70.png

My hunch was right about attacking the pin. The spin provided by these clubs are as advertised this go round with a lower flight and easy spin, spin I have not had in the past with similar shots. I had another opportunity at hole 12 to scramble and save par and this time my buddy was able to capture the confident shot and just how quickly the ball stops with the OP53.

That was fun!!!

I went from finding my groove and a 43(+7) on the front to a confident, firing on all cylinders 39(+3), to close out with an 82(+10). Color me impressed already after only going one round with the Callaway Opus Platinum offerings. My buddy Joel was floored with how quickly the ball was stopping on approach and just how easy I allegedly made some of those shots look. To go from my current gamers to the OP's is a huge leap in playability and control already. Even more pleased was I in seeing just how well the finish held up considering some of the lies I had to hit out of. My current gamers lost most of the black and produced the standard steel color just after hitting on the range!!! You can tell some of the blue coating has disappeared and now find a dark metal finish underneath which blends in perfectly well, keeping the overall aesthetic still pleasing to the eye.

image.png.82aca2b2c4389482f2758f90a44f16f1.png

I would be further interested to see what kind of results I may get with another wedge of the OP's level and what that may look like with launch and spin data. The future looks bright for these wedges in finding a permanent spot within my bag, but this was only round one. Many more tests to come and many more opportunities to put these beautiful beasts to the test. Can't wait!!!

Edited by Chux13

Chux Bag o' Magic:

great stuff @Chux13

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Chux13 said:

Opus Platinum - First Round Impressions

TL;DR: First round with these beasts was completed last Friday, and I am definitely impressed with their performance. Moving from my conventional self-built 52/56/60 combo to these higher-level offerings absolutely needed that adjustment period before things got actually easier with the Opus Platinum wedge. My main struggle came from the promised and delivered "easy spin" these clubs provide. Through the first 9, I struggled with the ball stopping within a yard of the landing zone with pitches and not getting the insane roll I normally did with my current gamers. Once I realized I needed to attack the pin, I found myself with virtual gimmies on 3 straight holes that demanded a solid wedge approach. The eye test did note a lower flight and solid stopping power through every shot utilized with the Opus Platinum wedge, along with a smooth, forgiving, and very stable feel. These clubs are legit.

image.png.86160d33fdeb626f5407a5d12e06a65c.png

I took the shiny new toys with me to Mt. Graham GC in sunny but windy Safford, Arizona. The range was not open this morning, so I did not get a great chance to gauge my game for the day. Thankfully, the approach green was wide open and safe from my uncertainty with how the wedges will swing on the turf. Confidence was quickly built as I started a few practice swings and how the wedges felt off the ground. These clubs just feel so solid and easy to swing through the turf and found myself picking the ball clean ALMOST every time. There were times I would catch the ball too heavy or thin, but that was more a me problem. After a half hour on the chipping green, it was time to take my bag to the course.

Hole 2 - 35 yards short and right of the green

I found an opportunity on the Par 5 2nd hole to utilize the Opus Platinum 53º (OP53) to attack the green and get the first GIR of the day. I practiced a few from this distance earlier, so I had some idea what to do here. I was able to pick the ball clean, but the ball did go a bit high as I hit the ball high on the face. Forgiveness here, thanks to the higher COG from the tungsten weighting, was paramount since I would normally end up much shorter with my current gamers. The OP53 did its job and saved my GIR regardless of the high contact only just a few yards left of my intended target line. Ball stopped right away and left me with a decent shot at birdie. Par!

Hole 4 - 25 yards short of green

After an errant tee shot, I had to just punch back out to the fairway and scramble for par. Enter the 58º Opus Platinum (OP58) wedge. Again, I felt confident in a low pitch to the green but felt I had to allow for some roll as these greens were not super-fast but firm. I felt like I struck the ball very well here and did in fact keep the flight lower than usual. Only problem was, I did not get that roll I was used to. Dang thing hit the green and did not roll out at all! Bogey. Note, I had the phone supported by the cart seat, so you can hear the old school hip hop my buddy Joel and I had going through the round 🤣

Hole 6 - 15 yards to cup back side of green

Long of the green, sloping away, slightly elevated. These shots have been a nuisance for me as I do struggle with control and usually blow past the hole 7 feet past the cup at best. I never had faith in either my 56 or 60 degree current gamers but did feel good about giving the OP58 a chance. Call it nerves or past trauma, but I ended up holding back on my swing. Even with the weak swing I was impressed to see the ball not release anywhere as much as I am use to and still not pop up as I would normally do with my 60. I honestly had a hunch at this point that I would be better attacking the pin and not rely on the roll I produce with the current gamers. Things got a whole lot more fun from this hole forward.....

Hole 8 and Beyond - Let's Freaking GOOO!

Another errant approach along with a strong crosswind left me with a shot I absolutely HATE on this course. I was around 30 yards left of the green just passed the cart path and on a hard, bare lie of desert. It is not the bare lie I fear but being on the side of a very narrow green. I really struggle getting the ball to stay on the green and usually find myself either short or on the opposite side of the green after the ball rolls off. OP53 was in hand for this one. I picked the ball so dang clean off that lie and just watched in awe as the ball flew about 20 feet in the air, hit a few yards into the green, checked up, rolled with the slope above the cup, and nearly holed the dang thing out. Easy par! I could not believe I not only got a clean shot and flight with the lie I had but was able to keep the ball on the green. Smile inducing stuff there. I was alone with my buddy chasing his ball down, so I got pictures of where it started and how it ended.

image.png.30ae451a2c6f704b8b40ba17ae280cea.png

That only built more confidence not only in the clubs, but in my approach to the shots. At hole 10, I smashed a drive with the wind and ended up short and right of the green. My buddy thought he was recording but ended up taking a photo of where I lie, and again, the eerily similar result with the OP53 from another shot and narrow green I struggle with...

image.png.ba04965b0acc5b0f1c1b5599223c2c70.png

My hunch was right about attacking the pin. The spin provided by these clubs are as advertised this go round with a lower flight and easy spin, spin I have not had in the past with similar shots. I had another opportunity at hole 12 to scramble and save par and this time my buddy was able to capture the confident shot and just how quickly the ball stops with the OP53.

That was fun!!!

I went from finding my groove and a 43(+7) on the front to a confident, firing on all cylinders 39(+3), to close out with an 82(+10). Color me impressed already after only going one round with the Callaway Opus Platinum offerings. My buddy Joel was floored with how quickly the ball was stopping on approach and just how easy I allegedly made some of those shots look. To go from my current gamers to the OP's is a huge leap in playability and control already. Even more pleased was I in seeing just how well the finish held up considering some of the lies I had to hit out of. My current gamers lost most of the black and produced the standard steel color just after hitting on the range!!! You can tell some of the blue coating has disappeared and now find a dark metal finish underneath which blends in perfectly well, keeping the overall aesthetic still pleasing to the eye.

image.png.82aca2b2c4389482f2758f90a44f16f1.png

I would be further interested to see what kind of results I may get with another wedge of the OP's level and what that may look like with launch and spin data. The future looks bright for these wedges in finding a permanent spot within my bag, but this was only round one. Many more tests to come and many more opportunities to put these beautiful beasts to the test. Can't wait!!!

Impressive!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Great stuff!

Driver:  image.png.ac16a10c2b861fff646dd08647f76d1f.png 849D
     Fuji ‘24 Ventus Blue 5R
3-5Hy:  Pinemeadow Command BK
6-PW:  image.png.e76c3a80e959f4571ac9d38b658506a0.png 699 v2
     Mitsu MMT 80g
Wedges:  image.png.bddbadf2cd48c1b40cf591e520848ebb.png MAX milled 50° (bent to 48°), 54°, 58°
     Mitsu Kuro Kage black 2G S/R
Putter:  image.jpeg.4a8b0ee0fbff31934a2e15fc68a7bfe7.jpeg King Supernova 20
     ArmLock AL2 grip
Ball:  image.png.10667a299706a9d7d3afd32e78f27847.png Pro Soft
Bag: image.png.1645cda6e679afe5a2659ddb2ecb59d1.png  C130

Wine is sunlight held together by water - Galileo 

I was looking at these Opus wedges in the shop.  They look a little different than some other major OEM wedges and I am eager to try them out,

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

14 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I was looking at these Opus wedges in the shop.  They look a little different than some other major OEM wedges and I am eager to try them out,

Agreed. I had a chance to swing a few other wedges at the PGA Superstore the other day, and I felt the same as you did with both the aesthetic and the address. I'll have that summary up soon.

Chux Bag o' Magic:

6 hours ago, KC Golf said:

Do it, you won't be upset! I just got in from testing for an hour or so. I've been digging balls out of divots, bare lies, etc and so far they keep answering the calls!!!!

Scott J

Was able to get out this weekend. Good round overall and I am absolutely loving the 60* around the green.

the spin in short seems to be really legit especially in a 1/2 to full swing shot with the 54* This was not a full shot from 80 yards. Landed just left of the pin and spun back off the green. I Definitly need to plan on if I am playing a more full shot to go long and let it come back towards the pin 

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4698.jpeg

IMG_4697.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB: