MyGolfSpy Forum Member Testing 2025

Thinking more about this.  I do think the "less is more" is better from a management and quality standpoint. A few others have said that the floodgates have been opened and OEMs reach out for testing, but only the staff really know that answer.  Could it be a detrerant to them on future testing, sure but maybe not.

The other side I look at is this.  It does make it hard to follow as a participating member and keep up with so many test (kudos to staff) but it does make for a ton of searchable content for new and potential members to join this community.  If the quality of review isn't there, then the potential for new members drops.  

I don't know if there is a magic number or even if there is necessarily a win with any end number of test. 

Thanks for the open communication as always and thank you to the entire staff for killing it this year!

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

It was an exciting year for testing that's for sure!  Probably was unrealistic to think this pace would continue.  

30 testing opportunities is nothing to sneeze at either.  Sometimes quality is better than quantity.  

Looking forward to see what MGS has in store for next year.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Red 6S

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 52 Black

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 58 Black

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Appreciate the transparent approach to the 2025 outlook and beyond. It has always been a blast following this group through the years and finally getting myself into the mix after so long. I really do believe in quality over quantity, but still, the outlook on the number of tests is still pretty damn solid. I do agree trying to keep up with the numerous tests can become daunting, but that is the beauty of following along with what interests you.

I also see this as being a great opportunity for those to already use what you got and provide some quality "unofficial" tests that members may want to get in front of the masses. This may allow those opportunities to be a spotlight if it is a well written assessment on something that is trending or has been missed in the past. As @EasyPutter mentioned prior, I love the idea of helping those very interested individuals in how to tell a story and frame their reviews. There is such a high ceiling with this group and I hope it only continues to hit that height and challenge even further. I look forward to 2025, but still want to enjoy 2024 too! Keep up the good work mod-peeps and thanks for all you do!

Edited by Chux13
Fixed a run-on

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

2 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

,why not release the type of products that will be reviewed and when.  For example, in June, we're going to be reviewing a rangefinder, sand wedges, a golf bag and a driver.  At least with the genre, there could be guesses (even a poll) of what the product is.  It may help build a little excitement and will tell those interested in one of those items that a review is coming up.  Just a thought.

That is an interesting take!  It would make sense.

I am curious how well the companies recieved the testing reviews as well . It certainly is a driving factor if they want to offer another opportunity every year.  Perhaps there is an opportunity there to help understand what we, as members,  can do better in the future. 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

The amount of product testing this year was indeed insane.  As someone pointed out, it was really hard to follow everything.  The amount of behind the scenes work to manage these, and try and make sure the OEM's actually get quality reviews for the products they so graciously offer, is considerable.  The proposed 2025 stills seems like a lot of opportunities and work for staff... and the work you guys do is very much appreciated 👏.

MGS has been and will continue to be the best source for "Joe the Golfer" product reviews.  That's my term for the value our forum members provide to the golfing world. It's how I stumbled onto MGS while researching new products to replace my then 30+ year in the bag PING Eye 2's. Getting candid feedback from folks who you'd likely run into out on the course is more meaningful to me than what elite level players provide.

I would also suggest not releasing the product test list schedule in advance.  If you're a regular (daily user in Jamie's term), you won't miss anything.  Plus, it's kind of fun, a box of chocolates like surprise, to see those test opportunity announcement banners pop-up 🥳.

Already looking forward to the 2025 test season 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I missed this but yes thank you to the mods for all the hard work. I totally get the need to scale back. Testing is a huge commitment for both members and mods so having a bit less I am sure will make a better experience for everyone. It never ceases to amaze me the number of things that need to get done to keep this site thinking when I think about it all.

We had some wonderful tests this week and I am sure next year will be no different. I look forward to the next year and everything that is coming. Thank you all again!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I agree on certain dead periods. Offseason testing is really hard for a lot of folks

I will say, like others, kudos to all the work the mod team and forum staff has done lining up tests. 

I do agree in dialing back and having more quality reviews vs having a large quantity of tests. I get it gets more forum members involved but TBH, if I followed every test, I would never be able to get any work done, lol.

I think some great test ideas could be as follows:

Having tests based on most wanted testing and seeing if that testing result is supported by our forum members.

Game improvement tests, which some have happened this season. I think this makes us more of a golf community than just equipment.

For me personally I am more picky signing up for tests, trying to do things that I could actually use or are interested in. That is why a schedule would be nice for planning purposes but I totally get not giving out the whole enchilada of details

Testing competitions are also fun to see. Makes the testing more engaging.

Something that could also help is having a google form or something, with buttons for rating (like a survey) and then testers can put their comments in that way or depending on the test, whatever bubble you select it gives questions specific to why you rated it that way or something like that.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 9/16/2024 at 3:13 PM, Golf2Much said:

Instead of releasing the actual products that are going to be reviewed, why not release the type of products that will be reviewed and when.  For example, in June, we're going to be reviewing a rangefinder, sand wedges, a golf bag and a driver.  At least with the genre, there could be guesses (even a poll) of what the product is.  It may help build a little excitement and will tell those interested in one of those items that a review is coming up.  Just a thought.

Support this!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I joined the forum this year. I never expected to get selected this year for a test. I am hugely thankful for the opportunity to test that I was selected for. This is a great community and valuable resource. The member testing is one small part. I have hugely enjoyed participating in the VCT.  I find lots of wisdom and answers here on the forum when I have questions.

If the testing list is shared in advance I will make a short list of tests that I think I would be able to provide meaningful input and will apply for them as they come up. If the tests are announced week by week I will still only apply for a small amount of them using this same criteria.

Thank you mods for all you do!

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)