Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Major Shake-Up at TaylorMade

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

A reputable source has told me that there's been a major personnel shake-up inside TaylorMade-adidas Golf.

Two senior VPs have joined the growing list of TaylorMade employees who have left (or have been asked to leave) since Ben Sharpe assumed the CEO position last June.

The two SVPs who were let go are long-time employees who one might reasonably describe as part of the Mark King's regime.

Perhaps the most relevant piece of this story is that former Chief Marketing Officer, Bob Maggiore, who was let go in early 2014 will assume his previous role with the company effective Monday, February 2nd.

Maggiore is widely credited with being the architect of TaylorMade's most successful marketing campaigns. Whether his capabilities translate to the new business model remains to be seen. Clearly, TaylorMade's new leadership believes they will.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Guess Mr. Sharpe was not impressed with the bland TMaG booth/driving range at the PGA show.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 2 years later...

Man, TM is breaking apart at the seams. Next thing you know, they'll be splitting away from Adidas and will lose some of their marquis guys.

Maybe they should sign Tiger when he comes back?

Sent from #throwbackthursday

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Man, TM is breaking apart at the seams. Next thing you know, they'll be splitting away from Adidas and will lose some of their marquis guys.

Maybe they should sign Tiger when he comes back?

Sent from #throwbackthursday

You and your Thursday posts. I think people are catching on to your shenanigans lol. I enjoy when you get people though so keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My kids of death isn't the culprit this time, I don't have any Taylormade gear right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I haven't purchased TM in a few seasons. It's just not as good as it once was. IMO. The R11 was my last TM club

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Archived