Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Let's Build The Perfect Golf Trip...

Sschaffer24

SsChaffer; Dave is your Pinehurst man. He helped us out greatly last year when we went. Some of the placed he recommended that we play and eat were spot on. We rented a nice house on #6 PH that was awesome and affordable.

As for the RTJ Trail I can recommend the complex in Montgomery (Prattville). Three great courses that are fun to play, beautiful and top condition. We played all three. The Judge, Legislator, and Senator. I'd go back there unless we decided to try some of the other RTJT courses in they state. I hear they are all great. Green Fees at the trail are around $75 I think.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

If you're interested in Pinehurst, one place to start with pricing is at:

http://talamoregolfresort.com/golfpackages/spring-packages/

Full disclosure, this is the place where I own a condo.  You should click on the link for Partner Courses to get an idea of what's available.   You can also check any number of other booking agencies through this page (http://homeofgolf.com/packages-specials), as well as looking at the webpage for the Pinehurst Resort, but I think that would be out of your price range.

Also, when you want to look into the bucket list to Ireland or Scotland, let me know.  I'm planning my third trip to Ireland for June 2016, and have planned two trips to Scotland.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Shawn you might get a round in for the $500 with Jax'slist and if you chose the Bull you would go home sorely dissappointed. My or in Sheboygan once said that if he had to play ther he would take up skiing.

I'll give you one, come to my house, we could put it four guys easily enough. Now we're working with your $500. Get up early and play both the World Woods courses- $140 for two rounds peak season non-resident. Play Bardmoor/Bayou the next day (I can get you on Bayou) $150. Hit one of the Streamsong courses the next day for $200 and head out.

There are tons of other options including TPC Tampa Bay, Innisbrook, Dundein Country Ckub, Bellebpbiew Biltmore (the last two are Donald Ross courses). It doesn't end here and I could help you avoid what happened in Orlando. There were better course options there for sure. Another great Florida deal is PGA world village in Port St Lucie. Three great courses on site and reasonable np but nice accommodations.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sschaffer, (Dave).... I've only been to PH once but if you can do it I'd recommend you play Pine Needles and Mid-Pines. They are both great old courses and historic Donald Ross designs. Too me it was like stepping back in time with the old club houses and over all ambiance. Really cool I thought. I know many people that have been to PH and haven't played either one of them. Some didn't even know they existed. All they knew about was playing PH #2 as if that was all that's there. I played Talamor at Dave's suggestion and enjoyed it very much. I'd play it again. Dave is a PH insider an I'm quite sure he can suggest other hidden gems. I can't wait to go back there. Certainly one of my top 5 golf experiences.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Rev that is a really amazing offer. We may take you up on that! Those courses sound pretty amazing by the way... Man my head is spinning with so many options!

Can't I just find a job where they send me all over the world testing golf courses? How awesome would that be...

What is the weather like in Florida in January? Say around the later part of the month.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

So Rev, never actually played the Bull or talked to anyone who has.  But I did have an impression that it was a good+ course so, being nearby, I included it on the list.  Consider it deleted.  We can play another round on the River Course.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

As for a dream trip?  Ireland!  Trying to figure a trip out as we speak.  It's a long term goal, but you've got to dream!

I gotta agree, Ireland is a dream trip, even though you appear to be a Michigan fan (I went to Michigan Tech, we used to slay Michigan in hockey :D) .  I'm just about finalizing my Ireland trip for next year, two whole weeks.  I'm turning 60, and my wife encourages me.  Of course, she'll get to play lots and lots of great courses right along with me, maybe she's just being selfish.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I gotta agree, Ireland is a dream trip, even though you appear to be a Michigan fan (I went to Michigan Tech, we used to slay Michigan in hockey :D) .  I'm just about finalizing my Ireland trip for next year, two whole weeks.  I'm turning 60, and my wife encourages me.  Of course, she'll get to play lots and lots of great courses right along with me, maybe she's just being selfish.

I would love to make a trip to Ireland!  My wife is Irish and loves golf as much as I do.  It's in the cards; just don't know when.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

All of this talk about Ireland...

My whole life I've dreamed about visiting Europe. It is just the most amazing thing I can imagine. I've always wanted to take just like a month of my life and go see all of the places through Europe. Ireland and England being the highest priority. Followed by Germany and Italy.

Man.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Do it while you are young; I did that in 1978.  I didn't play golf then but it was lots of fun.  I traveled back and forth to Europe and Russia over the last 20 years for work, and I can tell you that traveling as an old man is not much fun anymore.  However, I think Ireland will be fun at any age.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I would love to make a trip to Ireland!  My wife is Irish and loves golf as much as I do.  It's in the cards; just don't know when.

Kenny, when you get ready to go, feel free to get in touch, I'll help in any way that I can.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Archived