Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PinFire Golf

Pert1862

Does anyone own or have one of these putters? I picked one up off the "bay" for $40 bucks and was very impressed. I have the Liberty DB in silver and would recommend it to all. Below I have posted the write up and specs from the company website for you to peruse. Let me know if you agree or disagree with me on this.

----

It's common knowledge 99% of all putts left short, will not go in the hole. With it's long shaft and upright lie angle, the LIBERTY DB makes those testy lag putts a synch. Available in Center Shaft, and Double Bend Offset

Specifications:

CNC milled 6061 aluminum

Loft: 4 deg.,

Weight: 360 grams - adjustable to 440 grams

Lie angle: 72 deg. center shaft.

Lie angle: 72 deg. double bend shaft

Hosel I.D.: .370"

Colors: - black, silver

Standard weight kit (included) comes with aluminum and brass weights.

Optional 440 gram tungsten weight kit available

Putter Length: 33", 34", 35", 36", 37"

Grip: - Winn two-piece

• SPY VIP

Well last I heard they were out of cash and it was up for sale to some insiders.

Does anyone own or have one of these putters? I picked one up off the "bay" for $40 bucks and was very impressed. I have the Liberty DB in silver and would recommend it to all. Below I have posted the write up and specs from the company website for you to peruse. Let me know if you agree or disagree with me on this.

----

It's common knowledge 99% of all putts left short, will not go in the hole. With it's long shaft and upright lie angle, the LIBERTY DB makes those testy lag putts a synch. Available in Center Shaft, and Double Bend Offset

Specifications:

CNC milled 6061 aluminum

Loft: 4 deg.,

Weight: 360 grams - adjustable to 440 grams

Lie angle: 72 deg. center shaft.

Lie angle: 72 deg. double bend shaft

Hosel I.D.: .370"

Colors: - black, silver

Standard weight kit (included) comes with aluminum and brass weights.

Optional 440 gram tungsten weight kit available

Putter Length: 33", 34", 35", 36", 37"

Grip: - Winn two-piece

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I remembered when they first launched the milling was unique back then to the face and the 360 degree milling around the head.

Here's a pic if anyone is interested....

liberty_400.jpg

#TruthDigest

Man, all these companies going under. Sign of the times I know. First Nickent, now them?? I would have thought the afford-ability of it would make it last. Still, they made a good product.

That just goes to show you how the economy has affected the golf industry. Look back to a few years ago and all the smaller companies that were out there making products and now the numbers have dwindled.

That just goes to show you how the economy has affected the golf industry. Look back to a few years ago and all the smaller companies that were out there making products and now the numbers have dwindled.

My partner with sunset Beach knows the original guy behind Pinfire. He has not been with them(either sold it to them or something similar) awhile back. I do know he had everything milled in the US, and when it changed hands everything was being done overseas and that killed a lot of their sales. As far as them being for sale now, I do not know, but I have an anser style sitting in my garage!

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

• 2 months later...

I know this is old but a lot of things in here aren't true. I owned Pinfire and yes sold it. I still work with the company to come out with new designs whenever I want to basically because I have 4 other businesses. They do have money but are basically starting over with a different approach to the Industry. We were so intense trying to get players we got out of control. At one time, we had 40 people on Canadian Tour. 14 on the Nationwide(Chris just won last year and still uses it on PGA though). 4 on LPGA. 3 On PGA tour. The only bad part is that a lot that made PGA using it, switched when they were paid to play because lets face it, everyone needs money.

And for Chris, only the blades were/are done over seas. I don't take mallets over there because I can get the same price here. Blades aren't even close and I would never sell a putter for more than 159.00 anyway because I'm not as good as Bobby, Slighter, Byron, you guys and so on. People tend to think I am but I'm a ex golfer, not a designer on your guys' level at all.

We are coming out with new stuff but this is to set the record straight not promote.

And P.S going over sees doesn't kill business. It's the only way to make money in this industry. There are a few that don't but even when they say they aren't, 90% do.

I know this is old but a lot of things in here aren't true. I owned Pinfire and yes sold it. I still work with the company to come out with new designs whenever I want to basically because I have 4 other businesses. They do have money but are basically starting over with a different approach to the Industry. We were so intense trying to get players we got out of control. At one time, we had 40 people on Canadian Tour. 14 on the Nationwide(Chris just won last year and still uses it on PGA though). 4 on LPGA. 3 On PGA tour. The only bad part is that a lot that made PGA using it, switched when they were paid to play because lets face it, everyone needs money.

And for Chris, only the blades were/are done over seas. I don't take mallets over there because I can get the same price here. Blades aren't even close and I would never sell a putter for more than 159.00 anyway because I'm not as good as Bobby, Slighter, Byron, you guys and so on. People tend to think I am but I'm a ex golfer, not a designer on your guys' level at all.

We are coming out with new stuff but this is to set the record straight not promote.

And P.S going over sees doesn't kill business. It's the only way to make money in this industry. There are a few that don't but even when they say they aren't, 90% do.

Thanks for posting, and I am sorry I had not seen your line before. I really like the looks for sure.

What I can comment on is the going over seas for production, etc. I work for a very large Fashion Brand House, all our clothing lines are made over seas. It's a constant battle to make sure we get the quaility we want, customs, duties, and just getting it here. That being said, we would not even be in business if we had to source all our clothing in the US, the prices are crazy. No company can, on a large scale, without huge inflated prices.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Hi Brad do you know the name Ed Robertson?

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I actually met you years ago when you were originally launching PinFire...we discussed the unique milling for quite some time. Glad to see you on here. Would love to hear more about what is going on over at PinFire when you have more news.

I talk to Ed every now and then, yes. I figure that's where you heard about us because I saw Ontik here.

#TruthDigest

I would love to go back to that time because those we the fun years when I first started the company and the economy was good :)

Usually when I see people these days that I met within the first year or two of Pinfire, they say "I never took you seriously because you were 20" 20? I was 28 at the time but thanks :) lol

Thanks, always loved your site!

Archived