Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Planning any Golf Trips for 2016?

PlaidJacket

Just booked my flight to Jacksonville for the RSM Classic in Sea Island.  I am being hosted by RSM and playing all three of the courses in Sea Island including Seaside the day after the event.  Looking forward to it but it is still not going to make up for having to say no to playing Winged Foot in a few weeks.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just booked another two trips last night.  My wife finally beat me into submission and I am taking the family to Disney in early October so I will get to play a few days while I am there. 

Then I woke up this morning to one of the best emails that I have received in a very long time....got invited to Pebble Beach for a weekend with airfare and lodging covered by one of the companies that I do business with.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sounds good about Pebble. When are your going? Have you played there before? If so what's your best round?

Take plenty of OFF to Disney.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Sounds good about Pebble. When are your going? Have you played there before? If so what's your best round?

Take plenty of OFF to Disney.

I am going November 4th to the 7th and I have never played the course.  Definitely on my bucket list.  I will be covered in bug spray at Disney and trust me that trip was not my first choice to vacations.

WITB 2024

Just booked another two trips last night.  My wife finally beat me into submission and I am taking the family to Disney in early October so I will get to play a few days while I am there. 

Then I woke up this morning to one of the best emails that I have received in a very long time....got invited to Pebble Beach for a weekend with airfare and lodging covered by one of the companies that I do business with.

Lucky dog!  Have fun at Pebble.

Keep the kids away from the gators!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lucky dog!  Have fun at Pebble.

Keep the kids away from the gators!

I am sure at any given point during the trip one or all may be threatened with a swim in gator infested waters.

WITB 2024

I'll be interested to see how you fare when you play Pebble. Especially with your caliber of golf. I hope to get there myself before much longer. No doubt it will be a great experience for you.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I'll be going to Pinehurs (one of my favorite places on earth) t in September, went to Orlando in January.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm a huge Pinehurst lover. And... I've only been there once. Can't wait to go back. What courses are you playing?

I'm a huge Pinehurst lover. And... I've only been there once. Can't wait to go back. What courses are you playing?

Playing No. 2 and No. 4.

It will be the first time I've played 2 since the renovation, so I'm curious to see how it is.  I loved it before, I wasn't crazy about what I saw of it on TV during the Open two years ago.  I've played 6 and 8 and a few other local courses, but this will be the first time for No. 4.

I've heard 4 is a really good one. Maybe second best to #2? I've only played #6. Got rained out for #2.

Perhaps you know your way around the area pretty good already. But Dave has a place there and gave us a lot of good tips for golf and dining.

I tell everyone but if you haven't played Pine Needles or Mid-Pines you should try and sneak them in. Totally awesome D. Ross courses. Old School. If not go by them and look around. You'll enjoy it. Dave knows of other great courses in the area too.

I'll be interested to see how you fare when you play Pebble. Especially with your caliber of golf. I hope to get there myself before much longer. No doubt it will be a great experience for you.

With the way I have been playing lately I can turn 73 into a solid 80 without much of a struggle.  Really looking forward to the trip and really still have not come to the realization that I am actually finally getting to Pebble.  I always figured that it would be a trip with my son when he got a little bit older.

On a side note I will now be closing out four courses on my bucket list in a 3 month span.  My board meeting on August 15th was cancelled today so I am getting back to play Winged Foot, playing Fisher's Island in September, the Pebble and Sea Island in November.  Makes the last few weeks of 100+ hour work weeks in the office almost worth it.

WITB 2024

You know.... I might be willing to put in 30 hours next week if you can get on your trip to Pebble. Deal?

I'll be going to Pinehurs (one of my favorite places on earth) t in September, went to Orlando in January.

I hope you had nicer weather than I did in February!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've heard 4 is a really good one. Maybe second best to #2? I've only played #6. Got rained out for #2.

Perhaps you know your way around the area pretty good already. But Dave has a place there and gave us a lot of good tips for golf and dining.

I tell everyone but if you haven't played Pine Needles or Mid-Pines you should try and sneak them in. Totally awesome D. Ross courses. Old School. If not go by them and look around. You'll enjoy it. Dave knows of other great courses in the area too.

Thanks for the tip. I do know it pretty well, as it used to be an annual trip for many years, until the guys I went with started having kids and changing jobs.

Played both Mid Pines and Pine Needles as well as many other locals. But I'll keep Dave in mind for any questions or tips for this trip. Although it's pretty short this time two nights and two rounds.

I hope you had nicer weather than I did in February!

Ha ha. I sure hope so, as we are paying the "nice weather" rates!

I usually plan a trip to Virginia Beach/ NC OBX in July and play Bayville, Elizabeth Manor, and VB National in Hampton Roads and follow it up with rounds at The Point, Kilmarlic and Duck woods in the OBX.

Have a guy trip planned for in Vegas this August, Only courses planned so far is Wolf Creek and Rio Secco

I've played Rio Secco. Nice track. I think one of the Harmon brothers has something to do with it. Other nice course is a bit outside Vegas in the desert. Play Paiute Golf Club. Both the Snow and Sun Mountain courses are great. I think they added a 3rd course there.

You know.... I might be willing to put in 30 hours next week if you can get on your trip to Pebble. Deal?

You would bump my wife from the trip. Not sure that would be the best decision I have ever made, but not even close to the worst.

WITB 2024

Thanks for the tip. I do know it pretty well, as it used to be an annual trip for many years, until the guys I went with started having kids and changing jobs.

Played both Mid Pines and Pine Needles as well as many other locals. But I'll keep Dave in mind for any questions or tips for this trip. Although it's pretty short this time two nights and two rounds.

Ha ha. I sure hope so, as we are paying the "nice weather" rates!

I've been working too hard, and obviously not paying attention.  Have a great time, I think you'll enjoy #2 in its new form, its a really interesting look.  The "rough" can be extremely variable now, everything from bare sand lies to buried in the "love grass"  I also really like #4, an interesting look with colonies of mini-bunkers.  If you're playing those two, I'm sure you're staying at the resort, and you have plenty of food and drink options without leaving.  If you do feel like going off-reservation for a drink or a bite, check out Maxie's, walking distance from the resort over behind the Cadillac dealer.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I've been working too hard, and obviously not paying attention.  Have a great time, I think you'll enjoy #2 in its new form, its a really interesting look.  The "rough" can be extremely variable now, everything from bare sand lies to buried in the "love grass"  I also really like #4, an interesting look with colonies of mini-bunkers.  If you're playing those two, I'm sure you're staying at the resort, and you have plenty of food and drink options without leaving.  If you do feel like going off-reservation for a drink or a bite, check out Maxie's, walking distance from the resort over behind the Cadillac dealer.  Th

Thanks for the info.  Yes, we're staying at the resort, it's part of the Team Titleist Invitational, so pretty much all meals are covered.  

It wraps up on a Friday afternoon, and it this point I'm undetermined if I'm going to play another round or head up to Raleigh to visit my sister and niece.  

Besides a lot of travel, I haven't even been able to connect to the forums since our local ISP was sold to another company a couple of months ago, so I'm REALLY out of the loop on what's been going on in the forums this summer.

This is the first day I've been able to sign in here, since June! 

Are there any plans for a MGS golf outing in the Upper Midwest / Northern Plains, or have I already missed it?

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

You can always stop at the Pik N Pig at the Carthage Airport on your way north to Raleigh and pick up some barbecue for the family.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Besides a lot of travel, I haven't even been able to connect to the forums since our local ISP was sold to another company a couple of months ago, so I'm REALLY out of the loop on what's been going on in the forums this summer.

Are there any plans for a MGS golf outing in the Upper Midwest / Northern Plains, or have I already missed it?

Glad to finally have you back buddy, it's been a while.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Welcome back!!  Hope everything has been going OK.  I could still be up for a trip this fall iff the timing is right.  Let me know what your plans are, and maybe we can finally connect.

I haven't been on many trips this year.  One of the reasons is that my wife and I joined a more expensive club this year and I'm justifying it by playing there a lot.  We made one trip in February to cold, wet, windy Florida but managed to meet and play with Rev and Foz.  In May we spent a few days in Oregon playing around Eugene, then stopping in Bend before heading home.  We usually go somewhere in the summer, but nothing yet. So...

I presented a few options to my wife for a long weekend (she is still working; I'm retired).  I wanted to head north to Canada and the Redstone Resort but the weekend of July 27-28 was booked at the lodge, so we are headed to the Circling Raven Golf Resort & Casino south of Lake Coeur d'Alene.  I've never played there.

Circing_Raven_Hole8.jpg

It's close to Spokane Washington, about a 2 hour drive.  My wife grew up in Spokane, and her sister still lives there.  We will also play the Spokane Golf and Country Club which was founded in 1898, but filed for Chapter 11 last year.  It was bought out and the private club is now semi-private.  We have a friend who is a member and I've played it before.  If I remember correctly, I shot 81 with five (5) three-putts!!  The greens were so quick, but my course has fairly fast greens so maybe this time...  

Spokane-16th.jpg

I hope to make a golf trip a little further from home later in the fall if I can hook up with more MGS members.  Suggestions??

Welcome back!!  Hope everything has been going OK.  I could still be up for a trip this fall iff the timing is right.  Let me know what your plans are, and maybe we can finally connect.

My schedule's been more "event driven," than planned this year - lol  Hoping to be home (or within the area) until late September when I'll be in IL for a week and a half, then back until sometime in November.  Willing to travel within a 6 hour drive for some golf in the Midwest/Northern Plains if it's possible to schedule something.

This winter, I'm considering monthly trips south on I-29 until I find an open course to play for a few days, not sure if I'll make the January PGA Show trip, but haven't ruled it out. 

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Golf Buddies trip to Streamsong in three weeks. Playing both courses, with a warm up at the LPGA Arthur Hills course in Daytona on the way there. Just released ratings on the MGS Home page say this should be a pretty good trip!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

• 2 weeks later...

A couple months ago, I went to Denver and played Bear Creek CC a few times then went out to Dismal River for a few days and played both courses there several times before one final round at Bear Creek.  

I'm still trying to figure out a fall golf vacation.  One of the things I'm trying to do is golf in all 50 states, so was thinking about driving up to Maine and Rhode Island, which would knock out the east coast up to Indiana for me, so that will probably happen.

Maybe in December I'll try to sneak away to Phoenix, just depends on how the weather here is.  

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

A couple months ago, I went to Denver and played Bear Creek CC a few times then went out to Dismal River for a few days and played both courses there several times before one final round at Bear Creek.  

I'm still trying to figure out a fall golf vacation.  One of the things I'm trying to do is golf in all 50 states, so was thinking about driving up to Maine and Rhode Island, which would knock out the east coast up to Indiana for me, so that will probably happen.

Maybe in December I'll try to sneak away to Phoenix, just depends on how the weather here is.  

When you get out west, let us know!!

Unfortunately, no. I'd love to one day be able to do this kind of stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived