Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Random Thread

ole gray

WOW, My boss is going to Pebble Beach for a round with his former boss. Kind of a bucket list deal for the both of them. 
$595.00 plus the cart fee of $45 Forecaddie $50.00 per person = $690.00   That's just too much to pay in my book!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

13 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

WOW, My boss is going to Pebble Beach for a round with his former boss. Kind of a bucket list deal for the both of them. 
$595.00 plus the cart fee of $45 Forecaddie $50.00 per person = $690.00   That's just too much to pay in my book!

Sounds like it's something that won't be too much to pay when you are "the boss".  🤣

BTW, it's too much to pay for this retired person because for me the cost would be $1380... my wife wouldn't let me go alone.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Soooooo a few of the higher ups and my boss are down in texas this week for meetings……wouldn’t ya know they’re at the WGC every day as well……worst part is I am the one that likes golf!

that’s fine I don’t even feel bad getting my first round in tomorrow of the year now 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 3/23/2022 at 7:57 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Need a new emoji with a big lump in the throat. I paid $190 at Bandon in November. I believe its worth it but that is about all I feel I could ever pay to play golf. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

On 3/23/2022 at 11:13 AM, Kenny B said:

BTW, it's too much to pay for this retired person because for me the cost would be $1380... my wife wouldn't let me go alone.

Same here - my wife would definitely say she's going as well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Need a new emoji with a big lump in the throat. I paid $190 at Bandon in November. I believe its worth it but that is about all I feel I could ever pay to play golf. 

I played Caledonia a year or two ago and it was $200. My work was even paying for it and I still had a lump in my throat. 

I figured out Pebble to be over $9.00 a stroke if you shoot a 75. 

16 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I played Caledonia a year or two ago and it was $200. My work was even paying for it and I still had a lump in my throat. 

So, I guess my $7 a stroke feels like a bargain.  That makes me feel much better... thanks!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So, I guess my $7 a stroke feels like a bargain.  That makes me feel much better... thanks!  🤣

I don't think you can get lower than $7 a stroke without getting kicked off the course.🤣 

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So maybe you'll want to shoot a 100 to make it cheaper 🤪

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 3/23/2022 at 7:57 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Cost is probably a lot more than this. Not sure if they have reimplemented the hotel requirements but pre pandemic it was that for the green fee and you had to stay at the Lodge or Spanish Bay which run just under a grand I think. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Just got an email from my home course. They are opening for the season on March 31st. Just booked a 10am tee time.

DC91FD31-A3E9-4D54-AE5F-B96F25B24126.gif.360ae1bfb9bc410ac741995d67708e7d.gif

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

36 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Cost is probably a lot more than this. Not sure if they have reimplemented the hotel requirements but pre pandemic it was that for the green fee and you had to stay at the Lodge or Spanish Bay which run just under a grand I think. 

Currently resort stay isn't required. You don't have to pay for a cart if you are a resort quest. Big woop, its still $575. But you are right it will cost a lot more than just the golf. Hotel somewhere, flights, meals and the "I need a Pebble Beach golf shirt" probably at the bend over rate.

My kids find The weirded shows to watch on tv.  Their newest obsession:

Is it Cake? - A wonderful game show where contestants guess which items are cake vs the real thing.

🤷‍♂️

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Jing Yung Ko's FIR = 82.1%... hey, we can dream right?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

23 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Nah!  I hit that many when I have a bad day.  😄

That's positive thinking taken to a whole new level.  I had to do a double take when I saw that stat... insane. My FIR calculation would start with the reciprocal 🙂.

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

IMHO Caledonia is over rated. I like River Club better or Tradition. My favorite course on that end is Founders Club followed closely by Pawleys Plantation. One of my now permanent shootout partners moved down now 2 months ago from Ohio. His bud came down last night for a visit. They are on the team for today. Now they are planning to play Kings North Monday and World Tour on Tuesday. My bud did buy the prime times card but my price as a guest is $65. I can not personally justify that being on a fixed income now. I can afford it but I can not justify it. I told him to leave me out. I can as a member play 54 holes at Indigo plus get a hot dog, drink and bag of chips for that price. But honestly I would not expect some one who has came 500 miles to play at Indigo either. I guess in a nutshell living down here 21 years now I have seen and played darn near every course here and the glitz has worn off. For me now since I have retired it is all about the most bang for the buck

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

IMHO Caledonia is over rated. I like River Club better or Tradition. My favorite course on that end is Founders Club followed closely by Pawleys Plantation. One of my now permanent shootout partners moved down now 2 months ago from Ohio. His bud came down last night for a visit. They are on the team for today. Now they are planning to play Kings North Monday and World Tour on Tuesday. My bud did buy the prime times card but my price as a guest is $65. I can not personally justify that being on a fixed income now. I can afford it but I can not justify it. I told him to leave me out. I can as a member play 54 holes at Indigo plus get a hot dog, drink and bag of chips for that price. But honestly I would not expect some one who has came 500 miles to play at Indigo either. I guess in a nutshell living down here 21 years now I have seen and played darn near every course here and the glitz has worn off. For me now since I have retired it is all about the most bang for the buck

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Me procrastinating for the past year finally caught up with me.  All of those house projects are going to get done, but we won’t be able to enjoy them.  Trying to list the house by April 20th.  That means I have absolutely zero time to get all of my projects finished.  Wish me luck… probably won’t be doing much else till then.  Haha.

And, amazingly, Jing Young Ko isn't even the LPGA Tour's best in FIR's.  

Driving Accuracy | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association

I just looked at PGA Tour current year average and it's 59.13, with Tyler Duncan the best at a dismal (comparatively) 72.91. 

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

Hmmm is right.  I guess I forgot something, maybe need Prevagen.

Anyways I always liked Indigo Creek, played there every visit to MB.  Some of the Big Time High Priced courses were Tourist Traps.  I always enjoyed Indian Wells also.

Rick

Left Hand, 

18 hours ago, BIG STU said:

If I were living in the area or visited every year, I would probably have the same feeling.  However, since I have only been to Myrtle twice, I have to say that Caledonia was the best, most interesting course I had played at the time.  Probably true for most one-time visitors.  I always said that I would happily play it again... never got back there.  

My first visit was in 1990's around Halloween (great weather!), and I played all the Cat courses up north along with Oyster Bay and the Barefoot Love course.  My second visit was around 2006 in August (Ugh! hot and rain every day) with my buddy's 50th birthday trip.  We stayed at Pawleys Plantation and played 10 courses in 6 days... in the rain.  Can't remember them all, but I do remember Pawleys, Caledonia, Kings North, TPC Myrtle, and True Blue.  TPC course was one I wouldn't play again.  I also remember eating at a burger joint somewhere near Murrell's Inlet that had a one pound burger.  My buddy was on the Atkins diet and we had to go there!!!  Good times!

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

If I were living in the area or visited every year, I would probably have the same feeling.  However, since I have only been to Myrtle twice, I have to say that Caledonia was the best, most interesting course I had played at the time.  Probably true for most one-time visitors.  I always said that I would happily play it again... never got back there.  

My first visit was in 1990's around Halloween (great weather!), and I played all the Cat courses up north along with Oyster Bay and the Barefoot Love course.  My second visit was around 2006 in August (Ugh! hot and rain every day) with my buddy's 50th birthday trip.  We stayed at Pawleys Plantation and played 10 courses in 6 days... in the rain.  Can't remember them all, but I do remember Pawleys, Caledonia, Kings North, TPC Myrtle, and True Blue.  TPC course was one I wouldn't play again.  I also remember eating at a burger joint somewhere near Murrell's Inlet that had a one pound burger.  My buddy was on the Atkins diet and we had to go there!!!  Good times!

Yeah TPC is not conducive to senior play. Since the Founders Group has taken over they have a sense of importance and are really arrogant over there. I live 2 miles from it. I am thinking where you had the 1 lb burger at was River City Cafe. And BTW this may seem trivial but TPC offends many down here on this end. It is referred to as TPC Myrtle Beach which it is not it is in Murrells Inlet. Most of us full time residents here do not want anything to do with "Dirty Myrtle"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

How's this for random...

The main drag of Myrtle Beach looks like the Las Vegas strip with all the flashing lights and bars and buffets.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Playing another local fire and police department in a hockey game today. We do it yearly for a scholarship and we play on the professional ice in the city I work. It’s cool because all the guys and gals who are working in our city get to go to the game and watch between calls

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We had a Condo for maybe 10 years in Surfside Beach that was going to be our “Snowbird” winter destination.  Played all the courses thru the years and have a few favorites.  Some courses really nice others 5 1/2 hour Tourists Trap. 
For Murrels Inlet at that time some of the best food ever.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

How's this for random...

The main drag of Myrtle Beach looks like the Las Vegas strip with all the flashing lights and bars and buffets.

We haven’t been back to MB since we sold the Condo, probably 12-15 years ago.  MB was changing quickly even then.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We haven’t been back to MB since we sold the Condo, probably 12-15 years ago.  MB was changing quickly even then.

I have not been up on the Boulevard proper since I got out of the towing business in 13. Now When I was running for the scrapyard we were off of Seaboard street. Since I got hurt in 2020 I have been to Myrtle 3 times for lawyers appointments. Since June of 2021 I have not been north of SC 544 at Surfside and I like it that way. If we can not do it between Surfside and Pawleys then it aint worth doing IMHO. I am what is called a true Garden City/ Murrells Inlet hermit. We also have other versions called Pawleys Island / Murrells Inlet hermits too. I dont got to Conway either aint lost a darn thing there either

G