Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Member from TN

I am working on a membership website where members can upload used clubs in good condition that are eligible for trade between members. If a member would like a club from another member they simply request it and pay shipping for the club. There would be no other cost associated other than monthly membership cost and cost for shipping on clubs you select. I feel this would be a great way to try clubs without having to spend hundreds of dollars on new ones. In the beginning I would offer free membership to at least 100 members to allow them to build a database of clubs to select from. What do y'all think?

Any feedback on this concept would be appreciated and I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this in.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

you can buy, sell, trade clubs here already...no cost. I have. There's lots of places to do what you're wanting to monetize for free.

Other than a labor of love experiment I don't see a business model for ya. Sorry.

But welcome to MGS.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

you can buy, sell, trade clubs here already...no cost. I have. There's lots of places to do what you're wanting to monetize for free.

Other than a labor of love experiment I don't see a business model for ya. Sorry.

But welcome to MGS.

Just a quick scan of the classifieds on this site and most clubs for sale are still over $200, I want to focus more on the trade aspect where it won't cost any more than the shipping and membership price less than $10 per month that can be dropped anytime or could even be done as a pay as you trade model, $10 per trade plus shipping. I don't see any clubs for trade here, is there another site you could direct me to where this can be done? Not trying to argue with you I'm just trying to test the feasibility of this. Thanks for your insight.

Welcome aboard!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Welcome aboard

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Welcome aboard!  I would not use the proposed site, I figure I can sell or trade for free (other than shipping) in lots of places.  Good luck with your endeavor. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Welcome to MGS.

While I understand the concept you are trying to do. Two obstacles to its success in my mind. The monthly fee when there are so many free sites. And the trade aspect. More times than not most people over value their own clubs and what they feel they are worth. I have been guilty of this is some FS attempts. So it's seems unlikely you will get many cases where both parties give equal value to the other side of the deal.

I have seen and heard of this play out many many times over the years.

But I wish you luck in your endeavor.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived