Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Srixon Releases New 3-Piece Q-STAR Tour Ball

We shared this with you on the blog in January - but you should be able to buy these suckers starting April 14th.  

Got to try the new Q-STAR Tour ball in Florida last week - I really like the performance and, at $29.99/dozen, I really like the price....

SRIXON INTRODUCES THE NEW Q-STAR TOUR GOLF BALL: TOUR PERFORMANCE FOR GOLFERS WITH MODERATE SWING SPEEDS

hot_list.jpg

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – April 4, 2017 â€“ SRIXON®, a global leader in high-performance golf equipment and a brand Dedicated to Improving Your Gameâ„¢, is proud to introduce the new Q-STAR® TOUR golf ball. This all-new ball model delivers Tour Performance for Golfers With Moderate Swing Speeds. The SRIXON® Q-STAR® TOUR is available in Pure Whiteâ„¢ and officially launches in North America on Friday, April 14, 2017. It carries a minimum advertised price of $29.99 per dozen.

With the new Q-STAR TOUR, Srixon focused on developing a tour-caliber golf ball in a lower-compression design that helps moderate swing speed golfers achieve more distance on full shots while maintaining the excellent feel and greenside spin performance of its Z-STAR® Series offerings. It was designed especially for skilled golfers with moderate speeds who demand the performance and feel of a tour ball; the lower compression allows these players to achieve optimal distance on full shots. Golfers can expect the Q-STAR TOUR to deliver exceptional total performance from tee to green, including tremendous iron distance and tour-caliber greenside spin control.

Q-STAR TOUR_money_white.jpg

Key Technologies:

·         Lower-Compression Energetic Gradient Growth Core. The E.G.G. core is easier to compress with lower driver spin for impressive distance and accuracy on full shots.

·         Urethane Cover With Spin Skin Coating. Premium cover and advanced coating promote soft feel with enhanced greenside spin control.

·         324 Speed Dimple Pattern. The low drag design improves flight performance for longer distance with more control.

“Q-STAR TOUR was designed primarily for good players with moderate swing speeds. The problem we identified is that these golfers aren't optimizing their performance by playing a high-compression tour ball because they aren't able to compress it, so they end up sacrificing distance off the tee and with their irons,” said Michael Ross, Senior Product Manager for Golf Balls. “These golfers don't need to play a high-compression tour ball just so they have the excellent greenside spin performance that they're used to. They would benefit greatly from playing a ball that offers the same great greenside performance but is easier to compress. That's why we developed the lower-compression Srixon Q-STAR TOUR.”

The new Srixon Q-STAR TOUR comes to market having already been recognized as a Gold Medal winner on the 2017 Golf Digest Hot List – with 5 STARS for Feel, Performance and Innovation.

Independent Test Results:

Srixon worked with Golf Laboratories to conduct independent outdoor robot testing on the new Q-STAR TOUR golf ball against key competitors. The results proved it delivers exceptional tee-to-green performance at an incredible value:

·         Advanced core and dimple technology enable the Srixon Q-STAR TOUR to deliver longer driver distance than many of the similarly priced and more expensive, ionomer cover competitor balls and almost all of the more expensive, urethane cover competitor balls tested. With very low driver spin, including low sidespin, the Q-STAR TOUR minimizes the effects of hooks and slices so golfers are able to drive the ball with more accuracy.

·         Where Q-STAR TOUR really stands out is mid-iron distance. The core and highly resilient mid-layer work together to generate high ball speed with a high launch angle. These favorable launch conditions create substantially more distance for the Q-STAR TOUR than most competitor balls tested.

·         The Srixon Q-STAR TOUR particularly distinguishes itself from similarly priced or more expensive ionomer cover balls in greenside spin performance. Thanks to the high friction caused by the Spin Skin coating, the Q-STAR TOUR demonstrates dramatically more spin around the green than even the best performing ionomer cover balls tested. It also compares closely in spin performance to competitor urethane balls tested.

Srixon 1.jpg

Srixon 2.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hmm.. I fit this profile...except for the good player part... Ha ha ha...

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Have a few balls on my "to try list" this spring, and this is one of them.   A 4 piece Urethane ball at that price point is intriguing.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Have a few balls on my "to try list" this spring, and this is one of them. A 4 piece Urethane ball at that price point is intriguing.

We should try and get a few sample balls to test out!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

John was kind enough to slip me a sleeve while he was here a few weeks back. I've hit a few with the driver and putted with it on the practice green. I piped both my drives on 18 the other day and it was a few yards short than my Pro VIx off the two emphasis on a few. So I had 184 with it 181 with the other wind across left to right which is always hurting for me. Flushed both 4 hybrids and both were side by side on the green just past hole high about 20 feet right of the pin.

This ball has some real potential at a great price point.

Next time out I will try some 6 irons with it as well as some chip shots around the green to test spin there. I'm going to try and play 9 by myself Friday afternoon for that purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I fit the profile too, but it would have to fly further than the old Q-Star for me to be interested.  I never liked hitting the old Q-Star.  Let's see, it flies the same as a ProV1 which was tested to be shorter than the Ksig which cost half as much.  I will give it a try though just to be fair because I used to play the Z-Stars and liked them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

MDGolfHacker

I'd say there's a very good likelihood of that happening...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Lower compression should work for all swing speeds not just low to moderate swing speeds per Calloway and Titleist

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

John was kind enough to slip me a sleeve while he was here a few weeks back. I've hit a few with the driver and putted with it on the practice green. I piped both my drives on 18 the other day and it was a few yards short than my Pro VIx off the two emphasis on a few. So I had 184 with it 181 with the other wind across left to right which is always hurting for me. Flushed both 4 hybrids and both were side by side on the green just past hole high about 20 feet right of the pin.

This ball has some real potential at a great price point.

Next time out I will try some 6 irons with it as well as some chip shots around the green to test spin there. I'm going to try and play 9 by myself Friday afternoon for that purpose.

RevKev - so was the 3 yard difference because of the ball itself or environmental factors like wind or where it landed etc? Srixon definitely looks like it has a winner with this one...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I'm very interested in this new ball 🏌️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

... This will be interesting as I love Srixon balls going back to the UR-X and currently play the Z Star. But I have not had much success with these kinds of balls. Bridgestone RX and Duo Urethane just did not provide the same kind of aggressive green side spin as premium tour balls. They both performed like a tour ball from tee to green for me, but even though the green side spin was good, it just wasn't what I am used to. I hope the Q Star Tour is different. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Sounds like a ball that could be good for me. May be one I give a try this year.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

• SPY VIP

I think the Spin Skin will make the difference with this ball. It really is stickier (try dragging along glass)  and I believe it does help keep the ball on the face longer - hence more spin. I definitely had a few pitches grab on first hop a lot more than expected.

Also of note like other Srixon balls, I played the same one over 18 Sunday and it looks like new.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Looking forward to hitting these this year.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I'm going to get some of these when available. I got to thinking about it this morning and I've never played a Srixon ball. Not one shot with any of their balls.

This might be a good for me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I wonder if they will do the 6 ball packs like they did with the z-star to get people to try the ball. Those were $9.99 a box and I picked up 12 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

MDGolfHacker

Ready and waiting for you when you make it back to town.

I'd say there's a very good likelihood of that happening...

This man knows of what he speaks!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I wonder if they will do the 6 ball packs like they did with the z-star to get people to try the ball. Those were $9.99 a box and I picked up 12

Yes they are. We have plenty in stock and have sold quite a few of them already.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I am really hoping to get my hands on a tester pack of these. Not sure the 6-packs have made their way up to Canada yet (we usually prefer different 6 packs).

I want to hit these Q-stars, e6 softs and maybe the Callaway sh70's and the Wilson Duo Spins. I think I am finding out that as much as I like the Snell MTB's and the Chrome Soft's, that I don't need a urethane covered ball for my often poor play :)

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Not for me, but good to see golf companies focusing on the average golfer so to speak with the average swing died ball that keeps that spin close in

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Tried it in February with Rev and liked it...will they replace the Snells? Maybe not full time, but they may go on rotation.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I also got to try them out, I like them, but lost two playing a new course, as I did not know exactly where the hazards were.

I like the feel off the club, the distance was the same as my MTB's and putting was soft.

The only issue is the price.....it's now $30 for a Q star....same as The MTB if buying single dozens.....since I can get MTB's for less, I'll stick with them. There are too many balls under $30 that I can use.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Loved the old Qstar, Im sure these will be even better.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Think I'll ditch the ZStar for these. Either way, love Srixon balls!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived