You're Right...

Shankster

But for the sake of tournament they could call everything a Par 10 and it wouldn't make a difference

I know exactly what you are saying, but I like seeing the risk/reward and there is no risk hitting 7 iron or less into every green.

Heck I wish they gave them more driveable par 4's as long as there is a risk for a wayward tee shot.

I want to see par 5's where a good shot gets you an eagle putt and an easy birdie, but a bad shot makes you scramble to save your par. Every par 5 shouldn't be an automatic 4

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Wasn't it Marion that proved course setup makes a huge difference, This was by far the shortest setup for a major in a very long time, and the winner finished at +1. A course doesn't have to be long to be tough.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Wasn't it Marion that proved course setup makes a huge difference, This was by far the shortest setup for a major in a very long time, and the winner finished at +1. A course doesn't have to be long to be tough.

The greens there are absolutely brutal. Couple that with fairways slightly narrower than a hallway and you have a beast. I played #3 and #18 from the new tees about a month after the open and they were tough to say the least. I hit every inch of 3 wood to the front edge of 3 on my tee ball and I hit driver and hybrid into 18.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

The greens there are absolutely brutal. Couple that with fairways slightly narrower than a hallway and you have a beast. I played #3 and #18 from the new tees about a month after the open and they were tough to say the least. I hit every inch of 3 wood to the front edge of 3 on my tee ball and I hit driver and hybrid into 18.

I think that is the recipe for making some good Open championships, these guys hit it so long, you have to make it more difficult in other ways.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Just like to add that there is a lot more to a hole's par rating than length. Slope, width of fairway, change of direction etc. can all have a tremendous impact on how it plays. You could easily have a 500 yard par 5 that would require nearly all PGA pros to lay up and get on in three. Heck, a straight, 500 yard hole with fairways only 10 yards wide and unforgiving rough would be seriously challenging for PGA pros!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Archived