Sign in to follow this  
Berg Ryman

Bergtaur's Single Length Odyssey: A journey of self discovery, scientific thought, and good to great golf

Welcome to my first ever review thread. I apologize for it being it light on pictures, but I hope the content will inspire, educate, inform, and make you think a little bit. The real reason there aren't many picture is because I have no internet at my house and I'm posting this by staying late at work, perhaps pictures may follow when I get a chance.

Me, The Golfer

Male, Age 28, 5'11", a few extra pounds as my OK Cupid profile would say. I played golf in high school as was one of the better players in Central New York. Two time first team, one time second team all-league. Attempted to walk-on at D3 Oswego State, missed cut because my game left me and my brain was too weak to handle the pressure. Currently play once a week, practice a bit, won a club championship. Handicap back under single digits, but still a ways to go before I get back to where I was in High School, but I hope to get back to sub 5.

Why Single Length?

To me, I've always enjoyed hitting long irons, but like most I lacked the consistency to continually bag them. I attempted to go the hybrid route with my last iron set and found success, but they never really were my cup of tea. Too far going left on mishits (a common refrain). The single length set allowed me to add back my longer irons, while keeping consistency through the rest of the set. Plus, as someone who really embracing science the physics behind the idea made sense to me and gave me something I wanted to try. Lastly, I had never bought a set of major OEM irons, and when I heard Cobra was coming with this, I knew this was my chance.

Trusting The Process

First, I must state that without my working at Dick's Sporting Goods, this likely wasn't going to happen. When we got the demos of the F7 line, I was in there whenever I had a spare moment hitting the One Lenghts, getting comfortable with the idea of them. I took to the shorter irons and wedges very quickly, but the long irons were a touch tougher. Also, through working in the industry you are sometimes given the advantage to buy products at factory director pricing, and that was what happened here with Cobra. As a poor law school graduate it's a great way to get good stuff on the cheap. After hitting the irons for nearly 3 months I was ready to go forward.

Self Taught Fitting

Again, the advantage for working for a big box store, you learn how to do standard fittings. That was all I needed for this I was coming from a set of Nickent 6DX combos, not a bad set of irons, but I bought them off the rack after my original purchase fell through due to lack of stock. First, the irons needed to be +1 upright. Second was finding the right shaft. I had thought between the KBS Tours and the TT XP line. I wanted a good feeling shaft and the numbers on both these were close. However, the launch angle of the KBS Tour R+ combined with the slightly higher weight led to that being the choice. The other issue was at the high end of the bag on gapping. The 5 in the set is 23*, the 6 is 26*. With the steel shafts there were carrying too close and finishing too close to validate having them both. So, I did as any mad scientist would. I bent the 5 iron one degree strong, and put a graphite shaft in it to get more speed. It's more my 4.5 iron, but it works. Top it off with the sweet Ace Crossline Blue grips and we had a winner.

Playing Under Pressure

So, now to the meat of the issue, how did these bad boys perform? The answer would be like I expected. Now, I know no club is a cure all for any swing flaw or lack of practice, but there is little doubt that these clubs have aided my game. I've played 6 tournament rounds this season, my average score has been just over 79 and that's with minimum practice time and really only playing like once a week. The consistency of having to swing only one swing is something that I think would benefit most golfers. My weird 4.5 iron has been a great club for me off the tee. I use it on long par 3's and to lay up on short par fours and I get around 185-200 out of it, exactly the numbers I'm looking for. I will say though, it hasn't been great as a non driving iron. Luckily I don't have shots that I need to cover that distance at most courses because I'm long enough off the tee, but that's one of the few weaknesses.

The biggest surprise has been my wedge play. Full swing wedges are an absolute joy to play. It's almost like point and click with these things. That was the part of this I was not expecting. I've been able to open them up and play lengthy flop shots, hit good half and three quarter pitches, and full swings are fantastic as well. It has been such a revelation that I am removing my standard length 60* wedge this upcoming season for a One length wedge. Chipping with them is no problem and controlling ball flight is the same.

The other irons all perform as well, but as they are close enough to their regular lengths with only slight variation, I was expecting that to be honest. Across the board I would say that I'm around maybe a quarter to a half club longer through the bag, perhaps from achieving more optimum flight and better spin rates, or just because of my swing being more consistent. I've always been a good short iron player, but adding that consistency to my wedge game and seeing some better results from the long irons has really improved my game to the point where I've knocked two shotts off my handicap with limited play and practice this year. As time goes on I'm certain that I will be getting even better results as I continue to play and get more accustomed to these clubs.

Final Thoughts

In the end, I believe that the single length iron trend is more than a gimmick. Yes, I understand that they will not be for everyone, but what set of clubs is? I would say for someone looking for... say it with me... more consistency in your swing, they are a great choice, but you need to commit to the idea. This is not the way golf clubs were designed before and they are a fundamental shift, but if you can get on board and get comfortable with them, they can been an absolute boon to your game.

• Like 5

Wow that was a really good write-up. I appreciate the time you spent describing the process. Here's some things I'm curious about:

1. What type of tournaments were you playing in?

2. Do you have a big yardage gap at the very top of the bag between your irons and big hitters?

3. Has your new swing affected your woods? (D, 3W, etc)

4. Can we see some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Wow that was a really good write-up. I appreciate the time you spent describing the process. Here's some things I'm curious about:

1. What type of tournaments were you playing in?

2. Do you have a big yardage gap at the very top of the bag between your irons and big hitters?

3. Has your new swing affected your woods? (D, 3W, etc)

4. Can we see some pics?

Let's start with Q4, the answer there is eventually, perhaps later this week.

Q1: Club tournaments, and a local am qualifier. Did not qualify for the local am as you needed a one round score of 82, I shot 85. Balance that with the fun tournament at my home club where I went out in 74. Club championship round of 78-81, and then a members only where I went 79-80, works out to just over 79.5 so I guess an 80 would have been more like it.

Q2: Gapping is not a huge issue, but I do think that I may be adding a club in between my 4 wood and 4.5 iron just to have it in case. The 4 wood is my 215-225 club, Driver around 240-260. I don't play courses where I need that 205 distance, but playing with only 12 clubs is weird. I'm thinking either getting the 4 iron in One length and bending it to 19* with a graphite shaft or going to a hybrid (maybe King Utility?), a more players type one though that may be close in length.

Q3: No, not that I've seen. I've alway been a good fairway wood player and good driver of the ball, and the switch from lengths hasn't bugged me a bit.

Good questions Stud, if anyone else wants to know keep them coming, I'm happy to share.

• Like 3

Thanks for putting this review up. I'm interested in the concept, but unfortunately the official review seems to have fallen over. I had a hit of the F7 in 5,7 and 9 iron, and the forged in the 7. I wasn't a fan of the F7 feel, and hitting only 7 in the forged didn't give me much to go on as far as single length! Very strange that Cobra didn't provide both options to the store I went to.

• Like 1

Yeah, good write-up and good info .. especially from s better player's POV .. thx! Not interested in single length for myself, tho I do possibly see me eventually tending towards a three tier setup like EQUS.

Nice review.  Thanks for sharing.

As I have noted previously, I like the concept and if I were younger I would likely give single length a try.  However, based on what I have read about the various options, I would bite the bullet and go the Edel route.  Their approach just seems to make the most sense to me.  

Ok, back in front of a computer here so let me respond to some of these great comments!

Thanks for putting this review up. I'm interested in the concept, but unfortunately the official review seems to have fallen over. I had a hit of the F7 in 5,7 and 9 iron, and the forged in the 7. I wasn't a fan of the F7 feel, and hitting only 7 in the forged didn't give me much to go on as far as single length! Very strange that Cobra didn't provide both options to the store I went to.

So Peaksy, let me take you a little on the inside of how this works, at least here in the States, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar in Australia. Sports stores are tiered across the company based on the amount of goods we sell and then tiered among manufacturers. For example, the Dick's location I worked at was tier 4, the lowest, for golf sales. Being in the Northeast and having a Golf Galaxy only 1500 feet away kinda hinders that. Because of that and because we rarely sold any Cobra product, we would get limited options for Cobra. In this case we got full demo sets of the F7 line, but nothing forged at all. Even the Golf Galaxy next door, which gets everything (since Dick's owns Golf Galaxy and they put priority on them having bigger brand selection), they only got I believe heads of the 5, 7, and 9 in the forged for fitting purposes as I think that's all Cobra sent them. I may be wrong, but that's how it works and why some places don't have the full complement of options available to you.

Sadly, this won't change unless you see a marked change in the market and shifts in brand sale performance. I'd assume it's even worse internationally because of of these companies are US owned brands.

Nice review.  Thanks for sharing.

As I have noted previously, I like the concept and if I were younger I would likely give single length a try.  However, based on what I have read about the various options, I would bite the bullet and go the Edel route.  Their approach just seems to make the most sense to me.  

Kenny, thanks for the kind words. I would have loved to have tried to get my hands on either the Sterlings from Wishon or the SLS from Edel before I made the plunge. Sadly, the limited availability for those products, the manufacturers sale advantage from working at a big box, and the financial situation I found myself in led to my Cobra decision. I've heard nothing but good things though about the other products. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of the three and you should pay to get exactly what you want, especially in this case with such a huge change.

Lastly, pictures may be coming to the thread this weekend. I've got to get my phone unbricked (power went off during and update and now it's screwed) and come down to work with my computer to get them up, but they are coming.

• Like 4

This is a great review! I really appreciate dit. Well thought out with plenty of helpful information.

28 and single? You aren't a Lutheran willing to relocate to Florida by any chance? :)

• Like 3

This is a great review! I really appreciate dit. Well thought out with plenty of helpful information.

28 and single? You aren't a Lutheran willing to relocate to Florida by any chance? :)

Sadly not yet. Give me the amout of time after I'm swore in by the bar after hopefully passing the bar exam for be eligible for reciprocity in Florida, then we'll talk, unless you can give me a reason... ;)

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Zen Snake

• By Golfspy_CG2
      COBRA GOLF’S NEW KING FORGED TEC IRONS OFFER BETTER PLAYERS A POWERFUL COMBINATION OF ACCURACY, FEEL, DISTANCE AND FORGIVENESS IN AN EYE-CATCHING DESIGN

The KING Forged TEC Irons Combine Classic Shaping with Distance & Forgiveness In Variable and ONE Length Designs

COBRA Golf today introduced its next generation of KING Forged TEC Irons, featuring a traditional muscle-back shape with a hollow design for softer feel and improved power preferred by better players, available in a variable or ONE Length set make-up. Fusing a classic look with modern, cutting-edge face, finish and feel technologies, the KING Forged TEC irons provide golfers with the ideal balance of precision and distance.

A sleek, muscle-back shape and sophisticated design of the Forged TEC Irons encloses an unassuming hollow body that delivers low CG and helps maximize distance, forgiveness and playability. A hollow cavity is infused with energizing foam microspheres that fine-tune acoustics and create the softer feel that better players desire while supporting a thin PWRSHELL Face for increased ball speeds. An updated forged face insert creates a larger Sweet Zone and return area for higher launch and faster ball speeds in a players iron. A tungsten toe weight centers the CG behind the hitting zone to maximize distance and increase precision for attacking pins, even on off-center hits.

Like a majority of COBRA equipment, the Forged TEC irons will feature the innovative COBRA CONNECT™ Powered by Arccos allowing users to track their accuracy and distance using the Arccos Caddie app on a smart device. Electronically embedded sensors in the grip automatically record the distance and accuracy of every shot so golfers can track their improvements round-to-round.

The KING Forged TEC ONE Length irons offer an added dimension of consistency, as COBRA engineers have manipulated the design of each iron to match the weight and length of a 7-iron, allowing for one simple, repetitive set up and swing motion to reduce variability and increase consistency between clubs. This is primarily achieved through matching 7-iron head and swing weights in every iron to create a consistent feel throughout the set. Weight is added to the ONE Length long irons to compensate for shorter (37.50”) shafts and to match 7-iron swing weight, while weight is removed from the short irons & wedges to compensate for longer shafts while still delivering traditional 7-iron swing weight. In addition, lie angles have been adjusted to optimize ball flight in a ONE Length set configuration. Long irons utilize more upright lie angles, while the short irons and wedges have slightly flatter lie angles delivering more consistent trajectory and ball flights. Lighter long iron shafts encourage easy launch while heavier wedge shafts promote more control into and around the green.

The Forged Tec ONE Length irons are available through stock in an 7-piece (4-PW) set in stiff and regular, in both right and left-handed versions (graphite is available through custom in x-stiff, stiff and regular). The steel version come equipped with a KBS $-Taper Lite (115- stiff, 110 – reg, 120 – wedge) shaft with Lamkin Crossline COBRA CONNECT grips in a blue colorway.

The Forged Tec variable length irons (MAP: $1,099 steel; $1,199 graphite) are available through stock in an 8-piece (4-GW) set in both right and left-hand versions. The steel KBS $-Taper Lite shaft is offered in both regular (R110) and stiff (S115) flexes. Graphite offerings in Project X Catalyst 80 in regular, stiff and x-stiff flexes are available through custom only.  Each set comes stock with Lamkin Crossline COBRA CONNECT grips in black.

The Forged Tec irons in variable and ONE Length will be available at retail and at cobragolf.com beginning November 1, 2019. For more information on the entire KING family of products, visit cobragolf.com.

The First Look Article by our Chris Nickel can be read here  Cobra Forged Tec First Look

• By Kambeau
      Before I dive into my review, here is a background as to what made me switch putters :

In early August I started with an awesome putting coach. Before I started working with him I was missing everything and recently came off a tournament with two 4 putts in the round. As I’m beginning to enjoy and play tournament golf making putts was about to become really important to me. I used a Taylormade Spider Tour Red for about 9 months, but the look killed me. found it so irritatingly huge and wanted something a little slimmer. I then decided to switch to an OdysseyWorks #7 for 6 months. Was overall positive about it, but as my stroke got sloppy my confidence decreased and I pulled putts endlessly. I went into my first putting session with my Odyssey. By the end of it my stroke and set up were pretty pure. But I was still pulling putts. I aimed down my line and my coach looked from behind me, laughed and said “where are you aimed?” And I said “dead straight!” And he goes “nope your way open.” I set up again and wham. Same thing. We then found out that I am left eye right hand dominant or “Cross Dominant.” The double bend shaft style was causing me to aim left, when my eyes thought I was straight. Then he broke the news to me ... “yeah, uh, you need a new putter.” He then slapped a center shafted putter in my hands and I was dead on. The search for a new flatstick began. 

My review of the Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 :

I came away from my fitting with a Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 CS Slotback. My heart had wanted a Scotty Cameron for so long, I bought the marketing hype, and wanted to have one as a golf status symbol. But the results were over and over again showing that the Betti was a beast. The milling is masterful, the feel off the face is very very soft which suits my style. The look over the ball is simple and elegant. Plus the center shaft style has helped me greatly with my alignment. It’s similar to an ER2 in that it’s a blade style with some extra meat on the back which I like. It also gives the look of a blade with the forgiveness of a mallet. Overall very happy with this flat stick. Putting is now night and day compared to what it was. I will say, if I have to reach a little bit and find one flaw with it I wasn’t a fan at all of the standard grip, I use a SS Flatso 1.0 so the stock grip wasn’t my taste. But that’s my only gripe. I’ve now been converted to a huge Bettinardi Fan, and don’t see myself changing the flat stick for a long, long time. 

• By Maltenator
      Introduction
      My name is Matt I'm 36 that lives here in Mechanicsville, VA (Richmond Area). I have 2 awesome little daughters who are 8 and 7, and an amazing gorgeous wife who is way too hot for me and out of my league. I'm pretty lucky. I work in IT for the IRS, love all Chicago sports teams Bears, Cubs, Blackhawks, and Bulls. I am obsessed with Disney as is my family, we go once if not twice a year every year. I have been an avid golfer since I was 13. Before I met the best thing ever to come into my life, my wife, golf really saved me when I got out of the Air Force in 2006 and was dealing with PTSD. I got my handicap down to a 5, because I fully immersed myself into it to get away from all my demons, and horrible thoughts in my head. For these reasons, I will never turn my back on the sport as it was there when I needed something that can't be explained the most at that point in my life. Unfortunately due to 4 knee surgeries a meniscus repair, a meniscus removal after tearing it for the 2nd time 4 years to the day after I tore it the first time, a meniscus implant, and a clean out around my ACL, my game has slipped severely over the last 9 years since my original injury in 2010, and only being able to play as much as my knee would let me. My knee is finally back to 100% and can dive back into the sport I love. I am currently a 15 handicap and working my way back down slowly. I never lost my swing, but I need to get back to where I was mentally. All of my extra strokes come from mental errors and minor misses, and getting down on myself because I know I can be as good as I once was if not better. I have gamed Mizuno JPX 800 Pro forged irons the last 6 years since 2013, and have always felt there is no better feeling iron to me than Mizuno's, then I went out on a whim, and decided to overhaul my whole bag from bag all the way down to putter this year. I got fitted for PXG 0211's and from the moment I hit the first ball, I was addicted to them. So without further ado here is the review below.
      These are from our Disney trip we just got back home from on Aug 18th. Also, sorry for such large photos (but details right?).

About the club
      These are PXG's first cast club. I feel they are PXG's answer to reach the masses, and make an affordable club for all golfers.
      According to their website they state "We packed our 0211s with three key GEN2 technologies. First and most important is a hollow body design filled with our proprietary COR2 polymer, the world's thinnest club face (made possible by the COR2) and a 360-degree undercut perimeter channel around the club face that expands the functional size of the face. These three technologies combined result in a club that goes farther, launches higher, feels softer, sounds great, is more forgiving and has a sweet spot the size of Texas."
      Looks 10 out of 10
      The PXG 0211 irons are a progressive iron set, meaning the amount of offset gradually decreases the shorter the clubs become. For example, the 4-iron has slightly more offset than the 5, and so on through the wedges.
      Progressive sets offer more forgiveness in the long irons, where it's needed most for all golfers. There isn't much offset needed in the 8-iron up due to golfers being more proficient with them.
      In the long irons, the 0211 have a very good offset and a little noticeable sole sticking out past the top line.  When you get to the scoring irons, the 0211 there is less offset and less sole sticking out.
      I would put these into the middle of a players and game improvement iron. They have somewhat of a slim top line, a decently wide sole, and the blades are longer than most players irons, and Bob Parsons wasn't lying when he said they have a sweet spot the size of Texas. 
      They are absolutely gorgeous at address. 

Sorry these are the only photos I have at address and it's the PW. But aren't the center strike ball marks BEAUTIFUL?

Sound & Feel 10 out of 10
      These feel absolutely smoother than any golf club I have ever hit. Forged or cast, this is due to hollow body design with their proprietary COR2 polymer. When hit they leave no doubt that the ball is going for a long ride. They are very very soft with a spring like sensation off center faced strikes. It has a very nice strong and clean mid pitch at impact, that gives immediate feedback for mishits, which are hard to do with their sweet spot.

Performance 10 out of 10
      Having been fitted by a PXG fitter I had high expectations for what theses should produce, these expectations were met and surpassed in all categories. 
      Borrowed this from another site so I'm quoting "The 0211 features the same face material (HT1770 maraging steel) as the 0311 GEN2, which works in conjunction with PXG’s more responsive second generation COR2 polymer material – the goo filling that allows for the thinnest iron face on the market – to preserve ball speed across the whole of the face.
      Like the 0311 GEN2, it offers an internal face perimeter cut-out. It’s a design which leverages an undercut cavity and moves the weld lines between the two pieces to the outer perimeter of the club (as opposed to on the face itself). It’s a forgiveness-boosting feature that makes for an effectively larger face without increasing the size of the clubhead."
      The forgiveness and the wider soles is where the clubs really shine and help make thin misses playable and not penalize the player as bad as some other irons would.
      I have found the spin in the short to mid irons to be sufficient enough to hold greens, and not send the ball rolling off once they land, and the wedges paired with a good quality ball makes it easy to zip the ball back something I haven't been able to do in a long time.
      Where the progressive design helps me most is in the 5 iron, with the extra offset, I can launch the ball easier than my old 5 iron and not worry about it going anywhere but straight. 
      I have gained 10-12 yards of carry over my old Mizuno's. This could be impart to being slightly stronger lofted clubs as well, but I feel it has more to do with newer technology and a faster face. PXG also claims these have "the thinnest face in golf" and I haven't seen any other company argue this.

Upgrades 5 out of 10
      I give the upgrades a 5 because they don't offer many shaft options comparatively to competitors (they have the same number of brands but the shaft models are more limited than other brands), and the upgrade price on shafts is on par with other manufacturers. I do feel the shaft offerings fit a large variety of golfers, and my fitter had me dialed into my shaft within about 20 minutes, then went through every club to ensure that it would suit me through every iron.
      The biggest drop in score here is there are no additional grips that can be upgraded to. The only option is the Lamkin Z5 which I gave a try, and hated after 1 round due to not being tacky and soft enough but this is purely subjective on how you like your grips. I quickly replaced them with my preferred Winn Dri-Tacs. 
      Quite shocking since PXG is known to be all custom built, the 0211s have what amounts to a true stock shaft offering for the first time. True Temper’s new Elevate is the steel offering. The standard Elevate is a 95g offering (available in R and S flex), and the Elevate Tour 115g (available in S and X flexes). I was fitted with the Elevate Tour through all my irons.
      Both Elevate shafts feature VSS (Vibration Suppression System) technology. A fresh take on the Sensicore principle, VSS reduces unwanted vibrations by 71% in the standard Elevate, while VSS PRO reduces unwanted vibrations by 56% in the Elevate Tour.
      The graphite offering is the just-released MMT from Mitsubishi.
      Fitters and buyers will still have access to PXG’s full shaft matrix, but there is a per club upcharge of $25 (both steel and graphite) to move out of the stock offerings.

Stock Grips

Miscellaneous 10 out of 10
      First and foremost the customer service is OUTSTANDING, they keep you informed through the whole process all you have to do is call and ask. You can call 844-PLAY-PXG and they will set you up with a fitter at no expense to you. They sent my fitter from 2 hours away and spent 3 hours with me. There was absolutely no pressure from his end either for me to make a purchase. 
      They have a 30 day playability guarantee and a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on defects.
      Also, the boxes these come in are the nicest, sturdiest, best looking boxes I have ever seen golf clubs come in.
      Sorry the photo isn't the best, I was excited to get the boxes open and check the clubs out so I just snapped a quick photo.

Price 7/10 out of 10
      My reasoning for the 7/10 out of 10 is if you're an Active duty member, Veteran, or First Responder and can be verified through ID.ME on their website the price is 10/10, you can snag these for the same price if not less than any other major brand out there. I paid $105 an iron for mine, but they have raised the price to $125 an iron for steel or graphite. Also, if you buy six of them you receive a free Gen 1 driver of your choice, and are offered a Gen 1 putter of your choice for $95, which I took advantage of both offerings opting for the 0811XF and Mustang putter. 
      If you do not fall into these categories they will run you $195 an iron for steel offering, and $210 for graphite and this is the reasoning for a 7/10.
      Shipping costs $30 for a single iron, $60 for irons and woods , and $100 for a whole set. Also, it is a direct signature required VIA FedEx this guarantees they hit your hands and not stolen off your porch. If you're lucky enough to live in the area, you can also pick them up from their headquarters for free.
      Specs 

Conclusion and Overall 10 out of 10
      I give the clubs a 10 out of 10 overall because they are absolutely one of the best clubs I have ever gamed, demoed, swung. Now I know this is very subjective as well, and what works for me won't work for the masses. I would not think twice if asked if I recommend these clubs, because I would a million times over. PXG’s goal with the 0211 irons was to bring the performance and feel of their 0311 irons to golfers at a lower price.  They blew this goal out of the water.
      The progressive set is designed extremely well to fit the vast majority of golfers, although it doesn't offer the flexibility of the different 0311 models. If price has been scaring you away from PXG irons, call and get fitted because these are budget friendly comparative to their other models, and even more so for military, veterans and first responders.

Please let me know what you think of my first review, and it's okay to be brutally critical I can handle it I'm a big boy.
      Thanks for reading,
      Matt

• By JimNantzsToast
      Hey everyone! new member/first post here so bear with me!
      Callaway (unknown model) Grey Goose stand bag (looks awesome, purchased from PlayItAgain)
      Cobra F7 Driver - Stiff 60g Fukijura shaft - Garfield "Born 2 Birdie" Headcover
      Callaway Rouge 3 wood - Adila Synergy Regular shaft
      Cobra F7 5 wood - Regular Fukijura shaft - My old Callaway Diablo 3 wood Headcover
      TaylorMade TP Rescue 4/22* - I'm not sure how old this is, I am in the market for something new
      Cobra F8 Iron set 5-GW - Regular flex TrueTemper XP90 shafts 
      Ping Tour-S 54*/12* bounce wedge - KBS Tour Shaft
      Adams Tom Watson 58*/8* bounce wedge - Adams branded shaft
      Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter - 35" Black painted shaft
      I think the next things to be replaced are the Rescue, then the wedges, then the driver. I also have the 38" Counterbalanced TA putter I have used twice if anyone is interested! Enjoy the pictures:

• By cynogriffin
      This is a thread for those who are interested in reading or sharing golf ball comparisons! 
      Personally, I am in the stage of personal ball testing to try to find my next gamer for the next season or two. As such, I have been and am in the process of testing a variety of premium golf balls to see which fits my game and personal preferences. My posts in this site will be coming from off my new website (linked here for those who might want to check it out: https://griffinc6.wixsite.com/golfreviews) and will be in the form of a head to head matchup between two of the balls I am considering. During my tests, I will be taking two different models to the course and playing 9 holes with each in the same round, same day, and same conditions. In my posts, there won't be much in the way of technical data other than distance (measured via Shot Scope) but will rather be how I experienced the balls in terms of distance, spin, flight characteristics, performance and fell around the green, putting, quality, durability, and consistency. Once again, for my posts here, these are by no means a scientific test, but rather what I prefer, what I see, and how the balls perform for me. Therefore whatever performs for me might not translate to your game or your experiences with these products. I also invite everyone to post your own comparisons, head-to-heads, and reviews here as well!
      Now that that is out of the way, let the discussion begin!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!