KCLeo12

P2 Grips

No I went with the Tour. Like you said the regular is 182 grams which is crazy. I think I'm just old school. I grew up in the 80's playing mismatched blades and persimmons from the 50's and 60's that my grandfather had in his barn. I still play pretty narrow soled forged irons.

Now, I'm no Luddite. I have a 460 cc driver with graphite shaft, and even a hybrid in my bag, but I've never seen much need for putter tech. It's putting. Children do it at mini golf courses everyday. I think many times we get caught up in tech instead of just using the simplest tool to roll the ball in the hole.

I did want to try the latest and greatest just to see if I was missing something. Well, I tried it and it's just not for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Playing with what feels comfortable is always the best way to go. Especially when it comes to rolling the rock. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Like 2

Playing with what feels comfortable is always the best way to go. Especially when it comes to rolling the rock. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And if you are struggling you should get fitted and on a putting monitor. They can really help your stroke. 

• Like 2

Been really intrigued by the concept of P2 grips. I just don't think I can get away from the Pistol GT 2.0. Love the no taper and how its so light weight so I can feel the head more

I will say this everyone that has tried mine has ordered one. They really do work. If you have any questions let me know. Also if you want buy one I have a discount code I can send you.

• Like 1

I've been eyeing the P2 Tour React, as I'm wanting to replace the Tour SNSR on my Spider. I love the grip on my MLA, and the Tour React looks very similar, and it's not much lighter.

• Like 1

I will say this everyone that has tried mine has ordered one. They really do work. If you have any questions let me know. Also if you want buy one I have a discount code I can send you.

Where'd you order from? I was thinking about scooping one up when I get back from Japan in a week. I think eBay is going to be my cheapest option since I get hit with the Hawaii shipping tax

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Where'd you order from? I was thinking about scooping one up when I get back from Japan in a week. I think eBay is going to be my cheapest option since I get hit with the Hawaii shipping tax

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Might check Amazon as well. It looks like they're also cheaper on there than the original site.

• Like 1

If I wanted to replace the Winn counter balanced grip on my ER2, with a P2, what would I need to keep the same size/weight/counter balance?

The Winn grip isn't counterbalanced, rife puts the counterbalanced weight in the butt of the shaft

• Like 2

If I wanted to replace the Winn counter balanced grip on my ER2, with a P2, what would I need to keep the same size/weight/counter balance?

I would say the classic tour is the closest in shape. I would suggest the Classic or Aware Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

P2 gets its first win on a major tour this weekend thanks to Wie!!

• Like 4

I just pulled off the SS Pistol GTR 1.0 off my Spider #3 and put on the React Tour. 

I probably need to add some weight to the butt since the P2 is about 16 grams lighter than the SS.

I like the shape and hand position with the grip. I'll put it to the test tomorrow. 

• Like 2

How much is the discount? I'm about to pull the trigger on one I believe.

Its a 10% discount. They don't discount them very much because they are selling them very much.

I've never even heard of them. Looking at them, they look interesting. But unless I was able to touch it and try it out, I wouldn't make the purchase. $30 is too much to spend on a grip I've never interacted with. 

• Like 1

They seems to be the issue for most people. It's to bad they are great grips. To be fair I have spent $30 on a lot dumber things

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I've had to add 8 grams of weight to the Spider to counteract the 16 grams lost in the grip from the SS Pistol GTR 1.0 (83 grams) and the React Tour (67 grams). It's a noticeable difference in swing weight going from the SS to the P2. 

To put the price into perspective: 

SS Counterweight Grips: $35

P2: $30

Lamkin Flat Cat: $25

SS Regular Grips: $25

GP Tour SNSR: $25

WinnPro: $21

I've seen P2 Tour grips on eBay for under $20. 

• Like 2

Just a heads up, P2 (Pro Impact) is having a contest for The Masters with a lot of great stuff up for grabs. It requires you to make a purchase, however. But, for those of you who might be buying one, keep this in mind. The details are on their Facebook page.

• Like 2

Anyone with a React Tour not digging the size? I went from the SS Pistol GTR 1.0 to the React Tour and I can't get any putts online...all seem to be starting left (push for lefty) of my intended line. Might need to downsize the grip and start over.