Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What unusual thing have you seen on the course

tony@CIC

It was perhaps, the thing I did NOT see on the golf course that got me in the most trouble - many years ago--- I was playing on the Pope Air Force base golf course, adjacent to Ft Bragg Army base, in NC.  I was an ROTC Cadet, between my junior and senior year in college, down there for ROTC Advanced Camp. 

It was the first time I played this particular course, and I don't recall what hole, the second or third, but early in the round I approached a tee box which was, from as far as I could tell, wide open and straight away.  I made a good swing with the driver, hitting it true down the center of the fairway straight ahead and down a significant hill toward the green.

I picked up my bag and proceeded to the ball, arriving well down the fairway and into the "BLAST ZONE" of an irate COLONEL or GENERAL, who was (Unbeknownst to me)  apparently in the middle of the fairway when I hit the drive.  My drive did not hit him, or even his cart or anything else (thank goodness) but he was pissed!!!  He proceeded to yell at me, using almost every four letter word I knew and a few I didn't- about the "Pole" and why didn't I use the pole and what was the matter with me and don't I have any manners or etiquette ...etc. etc. etc. 

Clearly I had missed the "Pole" - to which he was referring- it was a telephone pole on the back end of  the tee box, and mounted on the bottom and top were mirrors, angled at 45 degrees, such that when you looked down at the bottom mirror, it reflected up into the top mirror, which in turn reflected the bottom of the fairway (drive landing area) to make sure that the landing area was clear before teeing up.  Would have been nice to have been warned or have a sign- but no....

So I did not see the mirror, did not see the Grey haired screamer in the middle of the fairway, and therefore, saw (and heard) way too much of him when I did get to the bottom of the hill-

I apologized as best I could, and made a mental note to check such things in the future... although I have not seen many of those type devices since then.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one told you to combine those two comments that were not related. That sucks that you have that image in your head, good luck getting it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And now, I suppose, you do as well!!! :D

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I have two oddities that come to mind.   

The first was a medical transport helicopter landing on the first green of my home club as my group was walking down the first fairway.  A father and son membership duo were enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures last February, as were we.  The father was explaining to us on the first tee, he had just been released from the hospital that very morning following his third heart attack since the previous Thanksgiving (~3 months).  The pair were pretty inebriated as they spoke to us, smoking like chimneys.  The father had a heart attack below the first green and never survived the flight to Wake Forest in Winston Salem, NC.

The second was a fairly well known local minister, who had been the choice of most local TV stations when providing "religious commentary" up to this incident, passed out drunk underneath a grove of pine trees between #16 fairway and #18 tee.  My daughter and I were walking, several groups and holes behind them but could hear the commotion coming from their group the entire round.  As the incident was explained to me later, the driver of the cart was weaving in and out of the pine grove in a "figure 8" pattern.  The minister, who was already very nearly unconscious, fell out of the cart and the group left him there.  The photos made rounds on social media and the minister was fired from his job and left the area shortly thereafter.  The memberships of his friends were suspended for one year.

I have two oddities that come to mind.

The first was a medical transport helicopter landing on the first green of my home club as my group was walking down the first fairway. A father and son membership duo were enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures last February, as were we. The father was explaining to us on the first tee, he had just been released from the hospital that very morning following his third heart attack since the previous Thanksgiving (~3 months). The pair were pretty inebriated as they spoke to us, smoking like chimneys. The father had a heart attack below the first green and never survived the flight to Wake Forest in Winston Salem, NC.

The second was a fairly well known local minister, who had been the choice of most local TV stations when providing "religious commentary" up to this incident, passed out drunk underneath a grove of pine trees between #16 fairway and #18 tee. My daughter and I were walking, several groups and holes behind them but could hear the commotion coming from their group the entire round. As the incident was explained to me later, the driver of the cart was weaving in and out of the pine grove in a "figure 8" pattern. The minister, who was already very nearly unconscious, fell out of the cart and the group left him there. The photos made rounds on social media and the minister was fired from his job and left the area shortly thereafter. The memberships of his friends were suspended for one year.

WOW!! Two different and definitely “unusual “ stories

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

WOW!! Two different and definitely “unusual “ stories

The crazy part, I can't remember a single out of the ordinary incident in the previous 11 years of my membership at this club and these two incidents happened within 3 months of one another.

I did see the space shuttle land from a golf course.

Heard it too. 🤭

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I did see the space shuttle land from a golf course.

Heard it too. 🤭

Good part it wasn't on the course

Seriously that had to be pretty cool

Rick

Left Hand, 

Topless women... I hope they have nice assets to look at lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That depends on your perspective. I would say yes since I happen to like enjoying what is displayed. . Lol..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

IMG_0871.JPG

I arranged for my buddy to play at my club without me today. We made sure that he had company.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

attachicon.gifIMG_0871.JPG

I arranged for my buddy to play at my club without me today. We made sure that he had company.

Nice size gator!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

attachicon.gifIMG_0871.JPG

If it was me I'd be saying thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel