Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

txgolfjunkie

I know there was a story on the main site, but is anyone gaming the new Ping Vault 2.0 line?

The stealth Dale Anser looks so good and I'm hearing you can order heavier weights and a black shaft from Ping WRX. I tried one at the local PGA SS and man, that Anser is soft like butter. I think there's a little bit more metal behind the face to soften it up but I was really impressed. 

Also the new PP61 grip is a legit contender for best grip I've used in a long time. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Not the "Anser" (heh) you're looking for, but I game the Vault (1.0) Anser 2 that has a PP62 grip that I absolutely love. Changed the way I grip it using the "left-hand down" method and it's come to life for me. Love the looks of the 2.0 line and am anxious to learn more about them and their adjustability so, I like you are hoping for feedback.

Thanks for the post and Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I ordered a Stealth Dale Anser with the following options:

PP61 Grip (if I don't like it, I'll switch to the Aware Tour)

35.5"

Red Dot (1* flat)

Opted for the tungsten weights which are stock in the 33" length version. The tungsten weights will boost the head weight from 350g to 365g. I like the heavier head. 

Black Shaft. Not sure if it's matte or something like TM uses on the spider. 

Standard loft. 

I was surprised that I wasn't billed for the different weights and the black shaft. I ordered through PGA SS and they were never prompted for any sort of upcharges through Ping WRX. Maybe they'll bill me for it later. Looks to ship Monday and hopefully it will be in my hands this time next week. I'll post pics. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

Can't wait to see the pics. If they would offer this Vault black head without a sight line I wouldn't be able to get my wallet out fast enough.

What weight is the head now with the tungsten?

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

That sounds like one awesome putter.  You've got to post a picture of it when you get it!​   I second the can't wait to see a picture of it.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• 2 weeks later...

I love the look and feel of the 2.0 Copper Dale Anser head. Loved the copper look so much, I sent off a Nike Method Matter putter for 2X Fools Gold refinish at BOS.

Callaway Epic - Project X Evenflow Blue 65
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+ Wood Tensei Blue 65 Stiff

​Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65 Stiff
Nike Covert Forged 4-AW Irons
Nike VR Forged 56 Wedge
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 60 Wedge
Nike Origin B2-05 Putter

Well I got the putter yesterday...and it's bone stock, except that it's a red dot. 

No black shaft

No tungsten weights

Nothing. 

Shout out to special orders at PGA SS for confirming and letting me know that Ping would upgrade the shaft and weights and yet...nothing. Putter feels great. Really disappointed the changes weren't made. 

I'll wait to see what PGA SS says in response to my email. 

Anyone else have suggestions on how to send a putter to Ping WRX to make some adjustments? 

• Lefty

Well I got the putter yesterday...and it's bone stock, except that it's a red dot. 

No black shaft

No tungsten weights

Nothing. 

Shout out to special orders at PGA SS for confirming and letting me know that Ping would upgrade the shaft and weights and yet...nothing. Putter feels great. Really disappointed the changes weren't made. 

I'll wait to see what PGA SS says in response to my email. 

Anyone else have suggestions on how to send a putter to Ping WRX to make some adjustments? 

I would go to a pro shop that's a Ping Top 100 fitter if you have a chance.  I got my Ping Stealth Oslo last year and they were able to talk to Ping to get it custom painted so mine is now a 1 of 1.  They did have a small issue of them doing paint fill where we told them not to do it, but they said to send it back in and they corrected it.  It was a really quick turn around.  I went back to that shop a few weeks ago because they wanted me to test the new Vault 2.0 putters for fun.  They had a few putters with the blacked out shafts and custom weights.  They said they've been able to order them from Ping.

If you can't do that, I would call Ping's custom department directly if possible especially if you had the order put in for custom.  I would think that they would be able to correct it very quickly.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

So PGASS Custom Orders contacted Ping and put in a rush order for the correct setup. At least they recognize the error and are willing to work with me. 

I still haven't heard any mention of Ping WRX being involved, which is who would be involved in making the putter custom to my specs. It will be interesting to see what finally arrives.

• Lefty

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 3+ weeks later, I finally have the final Ping Dale Anser putter. I say final because I'm content with where it's at...for now. 

Let's see, I ordered this through PGASS and the salesman assured me that I would get what I wanted. See previous posts. 

First one received didn't have any of the modifications other than grip and color code. 

Second one came in the mail yesterday...

Let's see, PP61 Grip? Check.

ping6.JPG

Red Dot? Check. 

Ping3.JPG

Stealth Black Steel Shaft? Check.

ping5.JPG

Standard White Paint Fill? Check

Ping4.JPG

35.5" in length? Check

Ping1.jpg

Heavier Tungsten weights to raise head weight from 350g to 365g?

Ping2.JPG

Well, that would be the copper weights that gives the head a 350g weight. I don't want to send it back and wait another couple of weeks. I'll find a better alternative to add the 15g to the head. Who knows, the current swing might be good enough for both short and long putts. 

I'm ducking out of work early today to hit the practice green. I'm sure my sunburned neck will be a dead giveaway that I didn't have a doctor's appointment like I told my boss...well...I do have a club ho disease...so maybe I do need some therapy. 

• Lefty

So according to Ping's customer service, the + on the weights on the putter signify tungsten, or the heavier weight. All weights are either copper or black in color but can vary in weight. All is well. Putter head weight is 365g.

• Lefty

So according to Ping's customer service, the + on the weights on the putter signify tungsten, or the heavier weight. All weights are either copper or black in color but can vary in weight. All is well. Putter head weight is 365g.

There ya go. Enjoy rolling it!

That thing is absolutely gorgeous.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Archived