Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

POLL! Crowdsourcing Barbajo's Bag for Scotland - Driver/Wedge/Putter

GolfSpy Barbajo

Barbajo's Bag for Scotland - Driver, Wedges, Putter  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Driver makes the trip? (Vote for 1)

• Mizuno JPX 900
    • Wilson C300
    • Cleveland HB Launcher
    • Nike Vapor Flex 440
  2. 2. Which wedges? (vote for 3)

• Cleveland CBX 49*
    • Cleveland CBX 54*
    • Cleveland CBX 60*
    • Callaway PM Grind 56*
    • Callaway PM Grind 60*
    • Hogan Riviera 56*
    • Bridgestone Tour B X 52*
    • Bridgestone Tour B X 56*
  3. 3. Which Putter makes the trip? (vote for 1)

• Bettinardi/Hogan Baby Ben
    • Bettinardi Queen B #8
    • Edel Willamette

So the Srixon Z765's are in the bag, with the '92 vintage Hogan Edge's most likely taking the trip as well (won't commit until I start packing).  Now it's time to fill out the bag...

Driver:

Mizuno JPX 900 -- been my gamer most of the season. It's a bomber! Been a little wild and erratic with it lately, so it's taking a bit of a time out, but it's been a reliable performer for me all season. 

Wilson C300 -- Have gamed it a few times - not a fan of the Fujikura shaft, so I'm not feeling it. With the right shaft, though, it would have a chance. 

Cleveland Launcher HB - Even with a HZRDOUS Yellow, it still launches too high for me. It's long and straight, but not sure something that launches that high s a good idea.  Now, if I could get that shaft in the Wilson, we might have something...

Nike Vapor Flex 440 -- this one never seems to go away for me. May not be the longest driver in the world, but it's long enough and, what's more, I can hit it straight and low. Seems like it might be the perfect recipe for Scotland.

Wedges:

Cleveland CBX 49, 54,60 - Not sure about bringing a 60 to Scotland, although we will be playing some more traditional Parkland courses.  These are easy, but I've had the chipping yips with these for some reason.

Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 56, 60 - Again, not sure about the 60, but these are EASY to get out of the sand, and I do like the grinds for versatility, which might be important over there. 

Hogan Riviera 56 - picked this up in the used bin a few weeks ago - it might very well be the best wedge I've ever hit. Grooves are still in decent shape and the thing is freaking HEAVY. But it's a dandy wedge. 

Bridgestone Tour B X wedges, 52,56 - Forged, like the Hogan, and pretty crisp. Traditional blade wedge, not a lot of tech, but wonderful feel.

Putters;

Bettinardi/Hogan Baby Ben - mallet and when the stroke is on, it's a sold feeling putter. Specs are dialed in - 33" and 69* lie angle with an oversized Bettinardi grip.  Distance is spot on, alignment can be an issue at times. 

Bettinardi Queen B 8 - my go to putter last year after a fitting at Bettinardi HQ. Struggled with it early, but it's dynamite. 

Edel Willamette - first fully fit putter I've ever had, and when my stroke is on this thing is absolute money. 

I have some other putters, but these are the three that have been consistent gamers this season. 

Lemme know what you think, gang....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Ok, I voted before reading your description of each.  yep, I put things together then read the instructions...ha

So I'll change my driver vote from the C300 to the  Nike Vapo!  I stand by everything else.

CBX 49

Hogan 56

Hogan Baby Ben Putter 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I am mostly in agreement with Rob; take the Edel putter and Mac Daddy PM Grind 56  I'd leave the 60s at home

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'd take them all and leave the wife.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Now, if I could get that shaft in the Wilson, we might have something...

A torch, shaft puller, and some epoxy you can have the drive of your dreams. The problem is this normally does not work out the way you were dreaming it would.

I remember meeting you in Texas to play The Tribute, thinking my old Hogan CFT's and new Scor wedges would be the dream combination. although I had just got the wedges the day before, and I was horrible with them. Note, I didn't say they were horrible. I was the problem. I ended up playing well with this setup for over a year.

Therefore, who gives a crap what we think, play what you are most comfortable with.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived