Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

I’m in NJ this weekend… might be at Gillette Sunday for their volunteer party depending on how early we get in Sunday morning…

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

I could possibly be joining the group in July.  Just testing the waters. 😂😂

👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Dang I didn't even know they were having a golf show anymore. I guess I'll have to wait till next year.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

• 5 months later...

Alright my fellow NE spies.  I want to try to get some tee times together for a nice fall round of golf somewhere (depending on who's interested).  

I live basically on the MA/RI border... but I'm not against driving up to NH or west or towards the cape or where ever it may be that the most of us are able to play at!

It won't be anywhere near as fancy and awesome as the gathering that @Golfspy_CG2 put on down in MD but we'll do our best to have a good time for 18 holes and do some socializing at the clubhouse or local establishment.  

So, if you're interested please send me a PM with your Name, Location, and how far you're willing to travel (something like, an hour or two hours from home) so I can get an idea of where I should look to book something.  I figure fall will be here sooner than later so I'd like to get this ball rolling! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 3 months later...

1.  I have been playing golf for about 15 years ago.  My handicap is 13.5

2.  I love the challenge of you versus the course.  I usual play as a single and love meeting new people on the course.  I have never met a bad person on the course. 

3. I am from Westport, Ct.  I really do not have a home course. I play a variety of courses open to the public near me. 

4. The best thing about golf where I am are some of the best courses in the country.  There is amazing community of golfers 8n the area .the worst thing about golf is the winter 

5. I work in sales for a footwear company 

6. It is a family thing

Driver: :cobra-small:  Rad Speed Graphite Design IZ 7 Stiff shaft 

FW: :cobra-small: Rad Speed 3w Graphite Design IZ 7 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :cobra-small: Rad Speed 3h & 4h UST Recoil ESX 480 Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: 22 Forged Tec  KBS $ 120 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM 8 54* & 60*

Putter: :cobra-small: King Vintage Nova 40

Ball: Vice pro

Other: :Arccos:

10 hours ago, Esg777 said:

1.  I have been playing golf for about 15 years ago.  My handicap is 13.5

2.  I love the challenge of you versus the course.  I usual play as a single and love meeting new people on the course.  I have never met a bad person on the course. 

3. I am from Westport, Ct.  I really do not have a home course. I play a variety of courses open to the public near me. 

4. The best thing about golf where I am are some of the best courses in the country.  There is amazing community of golfers 8n the area .the worst thing about golf is the winter 

5. I work in sales for a footwear company 

6. It is a family thing

Welcome to the forums and look forward to your contributions to it.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Welcome to the forums and look forward to your contributions to it.

I look forward to being part of the Golf Spy family

Where are all the CT golfers?

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 12.1 index

What do you love about golf? Being with friends, hitting the occasional "pro level" shot.  Improving

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Great equipment reviews even though I am quite happy with my set up

Where are you from? What is your home course? Connecticut. Farmington Woods CC

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is wonderful New England weather. Worst can't play in winter (except this one)

What do you do for a living? Periodontist/Dentist

How’d you pick your user name? Retired member of a ceremonial military horse unit.

Driver: Callaway Paradym X Accra Fx 2.0 series 200 70gm shaft at 44.25"

3 wood:  Callaway Paradym X Accra Fx 2.0 series 300 80gm shaft at 43.25"

4 hybrid Paradym Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver

Irons: 5-PW Miura CB 57 with Accra iSeries 70i 1/2" short 1* flat

Wedges: 51, 55, 59 Edison gen2 

Putter: L.A.B. custom fitted

All woods and irons/wedges Best Grips leather grips

Oncore Elixer

32 minutes ago, MajorCavalry said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 12.1 index

What do you love about golf? Being with friends, hitting the occasional "pro level" shot.  Improving

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Great equipment reviews even though I am quite happy with my set up

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is wonderful New England weather. Worst can't play in winter (except this one)

How’d you pick your user name? Retired member of a ceremonial military horse unit.

Welcome! I like that "worst cant play in the winter except this one", very true this year!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, MajorCavalry said:

Yes welcome and speak for yourself I am still looking at snow up here so I have indeed taken the forced break

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 2/21/2023 at 2:01 PM, MajorCavalry said:

What model of Porsche do you have? 🤣

Welcome to the forum.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

• 3 weeks later...

Bob Merrill from Warwick, RI here; user name: "BobBC78". My normal approach is to use "Bob M", but since it was already taken, its Bob (first name) BC78 (as in Boston College Class of 1978).

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started playing golf around 1989 when I was 33 and played one or two times per week (including a 9-hole league) thru 2009, at which point I stopped playing. I took the game up again in 2019 when I retired.  by the end of the 2009 season, my index was around 16 (don't recall the fraction), but taking 10-years off and being 10-years older I was probably around a 30 when I started playing again. My index is now 22.8, which equates to a 16 course handicap from the senior tees at my home course. 

What do you love about golf?

The challenge, comradery and getting some exercise in a beautiful setting. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have been an avid reader of MGS reviews (and get the e-mails) for some time now and have also lurked on the forum. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

My wife and I have lived in Warwick, RI since moving here (from MA) in 1985. Home course is North Kingstown Golf Course, a muni originally built by the Navy on the Quonset Naval Air Station. When the Navy left, the course was turned over to the town (everything else to the state). NKGC was designed in the 1940s by Walter Johnson who was on of Donald Ross's construction superintendents. It is a tight challengening course, with a back-9 on the upper end of Narragansett Bay. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing is the natural beauty and variety of courses. Also, since Ross was a summer resident in RI, we have lots of his courses in NE. Worst thing is that we are pretty much out of commission in December-February, although having said that, I played in December and February this year.

What do you do for a living?

Retired Corporate Banker and Corporate Equipment Leasing Credit Executive. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

1 hour ago, BobBC78 said:

Bob Merrill from Warwick, RI here; user name: "BobBC78". My normal approach is to use "Bob M", but since it was already taken, its Bob (first name) BC78 (as in Boston College Class of 1978).

I started playing golf around 1989 when I was 33 and played one or two times per week (including a 9-hole league) thru 2009, at which point I stopped playing. I took the game up again in 2019 when I retired.  by the end of the 2009 season, my index was around 16 (don't recall the fraction), but taking 10-years off and being 10-years older I was probably around a 30 when I started playing again. My index is now 22.8, which equates to a 16 course handicap from the senior tees at my home course. 

I have been an avid reader of MGS reviews (and get the e-mails) for some time now and have also lurked on the forum. 

My wife and I have lived in Warwick, RI since moving here (from MA) in 1985. Home course is North Kingstown Golf Course, a muni originally built by the Navy on the Quonset Naval Air Station. When the Navy left, the course was turned over to the town (everything else to the state). NKGC was designed in the 1940s by Walter Johnson who was on of Donald Ross's construction superintendents. It is a tight challengening course, with a back-9 on the upper end of Narragansett Bay. 

Best thing is the natural beauty and variety of courses. Also, since Ross was a summer resident in RI, we have lots of his courses in NE. Worst thing is that we are pretty much out of commission in December-February, although having said that, I played in December and February this year.

Welcome! Close by, we’ll have to set something up for a round if you’re up for it!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

@Lacassem - Definitely up for getting together for a round sometime. Where do you normally play?

I noticed in your signature that you did a review of the G710s and use King Forged Tecs. I was fitted (by Jon at Spargo) for my G710s at the end of the 2019 season, with the Forged Tecs as runner up. 

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

1 hour ago, BobBC78 said:

Welcome to the forums and look forward to hear your thoughts on topics. Living even farther north the winters do indeed suck for golf but makes coming back fun

50 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

@Lacassem - Definitely up for getting together for a round sometime. Where do you normally play?

I noticed in your signature that you did a review of the G710s and use King Forged Tecs. I was fitted (by Jon at Spargo) for my G710s at the end of the 2019 season, with the Forged Tecs as runner up. 

Welcome to the forum Bob! 

I'll be heading down to see Jon at the end of the month at their new location.  I got fit the by old man before he retired and have seen Steve for a putter fitting too.  Really like the work they do there.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Welcome to the forum Bob! 

I'll be heading down to see Jon at the end of the month at their new location.  I got fit the by old man before he retired and have seen Steve for a putter fitting too.  Really like the work they do there.

Jon and Steve are terrific. I'm about to head to the new location to get the lofts and lies checked on my Pings and have the UW adjusted to 50* (from 49*) for better gapping with my 56*. I started with  Spargo when they were in Narragansett; Tom fitted me for many clubs over the years. Hope he is enjoying retirement!

2 hours ago, BobBC78 said:

So I try to play everywhere I can, I prefer to play as many different courses as possible. But usually Highfields, shining rock, maplegate, blissful meadows, red tail, Shaker hills, Chemawa are standard. I do not get to Rhode Island to often but would love to get down there. @GolfSpy_BOS I am sure would be in as well.

So the G710 irons was my first review. Great clubs and actually my father is now using them @Placasse61 and probably has some more thoughts. I am currently gaming the forged tecs which I just was selected to test end of last year. I have a handful of rounds so far and absolutely love them. We will see shaft wise if theyre a good fit but the actual club head is fantastic IMO. I will have a write up this year for them.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to break the ice on posting on here. So why not start with the basic intro form. 

Started from a kid around 10, and have been steadily playing since then. Always treated it as a casual game as I was playing other sports more seriously through HS/College. Now being a basketball player in the Men's League Era the Golf has really picked up. I float around a 10-12hcp. Being in New England has its challenges with posting scores after months away every winter but I try to get into playing shape as quickly as possible. Hoping to break into single digits this year. 

Being outside, being with your buddies and just having fun. I find the days playing a nice course and trying to go as low as possible just as fun as walking the local muni at the twilight rate.  

I am based in central CT, no real home course as I like to bounce around a play as many different courses as possible throughout the season. But Portland Golf Course, Topstone, Goodwin Park are some I frequent the most.

The absolute best thing is playing for those few weeks later in the season, the Fall Golf time. Go find a course with some views on one of the last warm days in October/November and it is hard to find anything as good anywhere else. I feel that everyone else in this thread will also say that having to take 4ish months off every winter, or go find some indoor sims is the worst part. 

I am in a remote Sales position selling Consumer Electronics goods

WITB:

Driver: PING G400

3W: Ping G400

3 Utility Iron: Ping G410

5-GW: Cobra Forged Tec (2020) KBS $-Taper 125 x-stiff shafts (Club Champion fitting)

Wedges: 52,56,60 (mixed)

P: Cleveland Frontline 8.0 Wide blade

HCP: 11

10 minutes ago, ACalling said:

Trying to break the ice on posting on here. So why not start with the basic intro form. 

Started from a kid around 10, and have been steadily playing since then. Always treated it as a casual game as I was playing other sports more seriously through HS/College. Now being a basketball player in the Men's League Era the Golf has really picked up. I float around a 10-12hcp. Being in New England has its challenges with posting scores after months away every winter but I try to get into playing shape as quickly as possible. Hoping to break into single digits this year. 

Being outside, being with your buddies and just having fun. I find the days playing a nice course and trying to go as low as possible just as fun as walking the local muni at the twilight rate.  

I am based in central CT, no real home course as I like to bounce around a play as many different courses as possible throughout the season. But Portland Golf Course, Topstone, Goodwin Park are some I frequent the most.

The absolute best thing is playing for those few weeks later in the season, the Fall Golf time. Go find a course with some views on one of the last warm days in October/November and it is hard to find anything as good anywhere else. I feel that everyone else in this thread will also say that having to take 4ish months off every winter, or go find some indoor sims is the worst part. 

I am in a remote Sales position selling Consumer Electronics goods

Welcome to the forum it is great to have you join in the conversations we have here and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forum (about 3 months) but have been following for 1-2 years. I wasn't aware that there was a New England "chapter". Wanted to introduce my self and continue to read local posts.

I've been playing golf for about 50 years and my handicap is currently 8.0 and usually shoot mid 80's. I have been a member at Thomson Golf Club in North Reading, MA for past 5 years. I recently retired and play 3 times a week with the guys and if I'm not playing in a tournament on the weekend, I will play with my wife (who recently discovered the attraction of the game!) As with any competitive sport, I enjoy the competition, scenery, and social aspect of golf.  MGS has always intrigued me with its informative articles, interesting forums and unbiased test reports. Living in New England creates challenging course conditions and a 3-4 month layoff during the winter months (I am an "indoor Kitty" as my golfing buddies tease me about during cold/windy days!) Finally, I picked my user name because I am an avid Allman Brothers fan and love the song Ramblin Man so I  thought  ScramblinMan was pretty cool.

Edited by ScramblinMan

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hey everyone, I'm JP - been playing golf I think since around 13 I have vague memories of a little 5 or 6 piece starter set and a blue and white stove pipe bag I took to a local par 3 around the corner from home. These days, I seem to be in the mid to low 80's. I have been bouncing between a 10.1 to 11 index the last few seasons trying to dial everything in to break into single digits.

• What do you love about golf?

For me there isnt much I dont like... theres so much joy in playing with friends, league days on the weekend, meeting new people, or a solo walk a dusk they all have their special moments. Right now though, its introducing my just under 2yo to the game, he might be the only person in the world I know who enjoys golf me than me lol. I regularly push him for 9 holes at my home course, this season the big goal is for him to walk a hole with me, I cant wait!

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Been reading MGS forever, thought I would try and get a little more active in the forum. I was in an NFT golf community/ experiment for a bit and really loved the constant dialogue with a crew of golf enthusiasts at all levels.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

Grew up outside of Boston, in my youth I was lucky enough to play TPC Boston constatly, though it was a tough place to still be a learner more than a player at that age. Today I live way out on the end of the world in Wellfleet on Cape Cod. My home course here is Chequessett, its a special little place in the world and I wouldnt change a thing about it.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

seasonality... the Cape is a serious vacation destination, in season green fees are tough and pace of play is tougher. that said, a handfull of couses never close, I have played golf every month of the year for the last 3 years!

• What do you do for a living?

Up until the tail of 2022 I was the Corporate Retail Stategy Manager for a small portfolio of championship golf comunities. yes it was amazing, yes I have played some incredible courses for free, yes the behind the scenes of the golf world is wild, and yes the PGA Show is awesome! at the moment though looking for my next long term career move in the merchandising/ buying world. would love to stay in the gold industry, but its not an easy field.

• How’d you pick your user name?

Its just me, JDP - my initials 

quicksquarenew_20234175516689.jpg

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero - 10.5 - Project X HZRDUS Blue RDX

Titleist U510 - #1 - Project X HZRDUS Black 

Titleist U510 - #3 - Project X HZRDUS Black 

Titleist U510 - #4- Project X HZRDUS Black 

Mizuno HMB 20 - 5 through P - Nippon NS Pro 

Titleist Scotty Camron - Studio Design 2.5

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS (for the 2021 season)

Always had a set of clubs for most of my life, but started really playing frequently, building my bag, and actively trying to get better around two years ago now.

Just being able to see myself improve and get out there and enjoy the weather with a group of friends or simply just block everything out for a few hours.

First came to MGS to look at club reviews when I started building my own bag, now I have been following the club results and the ball lab/ball reviews over the years.

Braintree, MA. A suburb just south of Boston. My home course is Braintree Municipal Golf Course, but I generally play all over the Southern MA area.

The best is the affordability, many of the courses I play are typically under $50 for a weekend tee time, and the NE scenery is pretty nice. The worst is that there are only about two months (in my opinion) where the weather is perfect for golf. I play whenever I can but spring, midsummer, and late fall golf can get pretty dicey.

I am an attorney by trade.

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my name lol

MA/New England

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme: hazardous smoke yellow

3 wood: Cobra ltdx: hazardous smoke im10

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK19: tensei blue

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225: Dynamic gold 105-R300

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5: 54/10, 58/10 s grind

Putter: Ping Anser 2023

19 minutes ago, SKaye said:

Always had a set of clubs for most of my life, but started really playing frequently, building my bag, and actively trying to get better around two years ago now.

Just being able to see myself improve and get out there and enjoy the weather with a group of friends or simply just block everything out for a few hours.

First came to MGS to look at club reviews when I started building my own bag, now I have been following the club results and the ball lab/ball reviews over the years.

Braintree, MA. A suburb just south of Boston. My home course is Braintree Municipal Golf Course, but I generally play all over the Southern MA area.

The best is the affordability, many of the courses I play are typically under $50 for a weekend tee time, and the NE scenery is pretty nice. The worst is that there are only about two months (in my opinion) where the weather is perfect for golf. I play whenever I can but spring, midsummer, and late fall golf can get pretty dicey.

I am an attorney by trade.

It's my name lol

From one New Englander to another, welcome!

I've played Braintree a few times. Big fan of that Golfers Warehouse over there - some good deals on used stuff and they'll work with you on the price.
We lived in Quincy when we first moved here in 2001 and now live in Franklin.

Jump in to any of the threads or feel free to search around and post something.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing golf my whole life. Current HCP is 4.4

Just about everything. Love the game, the history, the memories it creates. It's the best game on earth

I don't know any other spies but I've been a fan of the content for years and finally just decided to join 

Beverly Golf and Tennis, Beverly, MA

Worst things is 100% the winter. 

Software Sales

It's the username I've always used since I was a kid.

chardy

Driver: 9 degree Callaway Rouge ST Max LS - Fujikura Motore X F1 7x

3W: Titleist TS3 - Fujikura Motore X F1 7x

3H: Titleist H2 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x

Irons: 4-9 Miura MC-501 - Oban CT 125 X

Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 46,50,55,60

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

5 minutes ago, chardy11 said:

I've been playing golf my whole life. Current HCP is 4.4

Just about everything. Love the game, the history, the memories it creates. It's the best game on earth

I don't know any other spies but I've been a fan of the content for years and finally just decided to join 

Beverly Golf and Tennis, Beverly, MA

Worst things is 100% the winter. 

Software Sales

It's the username I've always used since I was a kid.

Welcome to the forum, its great to have you joining look forward to hearing what you have to share here

great to have another New Englander aboard! look forward to your insights @chardy11 ... 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing golf since IK was 12 (over 50 years) my whole life. Current HCP is 10-11

Always competing against myself to become better, game is never the same and love that about it.  Play with a bunch of great guys that have become true friends. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

Been following MGS for a few years but just signing up for the forum now.  Have made a number of purchases based on their tests and recommendations.

Do you already know any other Spies?

I don't know any other spies but looking to get to know them on line. 

My home town is Beverly MA and my home course is Beverly Golf and Tennis.

Worst things is golf season is too short.  

I manage a Software / Analytics Sales team

OldCaddie - Started learning this game as a caddie at Winchester CC and it was the best job I ever had.  Learn the game and people 

Srixon Driver ZX5 Mk II

Srixon ZX Fairway 3 Wood

Titleist 904 F Fairway Wood 5 Wood 19° Graphite Design YS-6+ Graphite Stiff Shaft

Titleist AP3 irons

Titleist 52 degree gap wedge

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56 degree wedge

EVNROLL ER2 putter 33 inches

1 hour ago, OldCaddie said:

I've been playing golf since IK was 12 (over 50 years) my whole life. Current HCP is 10-11

Always competing against myself to become better, game is never the same and love that about it.  Play with a bunch of great guys that have become true friends. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

Been following MGS for a few years but just signing up for the forum now.  Have made a number of purchases based on their tests and recommendations.

Do you already know any other Spies?

I don't know any other spies but looking to get to know them on line. 

My home town is Beverly MA and my home course is Beverly Golf and Tennis.

Worst things is golf season is too short.  

I manage a Software / Analytics Sales team

OldCaddie - Started learning this game as a caddie at Winchester CC and it was the best job I ever had.  Learn the game and people 

Welcome to the forum it is great to have you joining us. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.