Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Pacific Northwest: AK, WA, ID, MT, OR, WY

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hello Everyone! Happy to become a spy! I am in the Boise, Idaho area and have been doubling down on my golf improvement since last season.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since college (ugh...20+ years ago) but it was a thirty rack and a handle type of golf lol. Only have gotten serious about improving in past few years. Handicap coming out of last season is about 20, but I expect that to drop soon. Most of my game is feeling strong, except pitching/chipping. Shot an 85 last week and lost at least 6 strokes to poor chips.

What do you love about golf? Its dynamic, complicated and yet so simple. I love the solo aspect of it; challenging and improving yourself, the mental game and it will tell you the brutal truth about your quality and consistency. I also love the team and social aspects; helping to carry friends emotions, enjoying the highs with them and coming in clutch when your team needs you. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I dont know any other spies yet. Found myself here through my incessant learning about golf, equipment and the swing. Most recently I have been looking at replacing my aging irons. They are single length and I love them, but are 10+ years old and a couple have broken recently. As my game has improved, I am contemplating getting Players irons but its very difficult to move away from my single lengths I trust, and I am having a hard time seeing the value in losing the forgiveness

Where are you from? What is your home course? From New Mexico originally, now living in Boise, Idaho. My home course is Banbury, but I play all over the Treasure Valley.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Hmm, best thing is probably the (usually) long season, with golf available around 9-10 months a year. Not sure on worst....could be high winds in spring and fall (20mph steady)  

What do you do for a living? Software product manager, though currently looking for the next career opportunity. Got laid off just before Christmas and its been a brutal job scene in tech industry.

How’d you pick your user name? Haha, its the name of the penalty area in rugby where you get sent off for fighting, cheating or just being a proper belligerent bastard. I played rugby for 12 years or so and have a few trips there. 

I love this game, I love this game....

Driver:  Bombtech 3.0 9* Stiff

3 Wood:  Bombtech 3.0 15* Stif

Irons (3-9):  1Iron Golf Single lengths

Wedges: 1Iron Golf Single lengths

Putter: Ashwood AWP-5

Ball: Vice Pro Neon

HCP: 19 (not for long!)

46 minutes ago, Sinbin said:

Hello Everyone! Happy to become a spy! I am in the Boise, Idaho area and have been doubling down on my golf improvement since last season.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since college (ugh...20+ years ago) but it was a thirty rack and a handle type of golf lol. Only have gotten serious about improving in past few years. Handicap coming out of last season is about 20, but I expect that to drop soon. Most of my game is feeling strong, except pitching/chipping. Shot an 85 last week and lost at least 6 strokes to poor chips.

What do you love about golf? Its dynamic, complicated and yet so simple. I love the solo aspect of it; challenging and improving yourself, the mental game and it will tell you the brutal truth about your quality and consistency. I also love the team and social aspects; helping to carry friends emotions, enjoying the highs with them and coming in clutch when your team needs you. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I dont know any other spies yet. Found myself here through my incessant learning about golf, equipment and the swing. Most recently I have been looking at replacing my aging irons. They are single length and I love them, but are 10+ years old and a couple have broken recently. As my game has improved, I am contemplating getting Players irons but its very difficult to move away from my single lengths I trust, and I am having a hard time seeing the value in losing the forgiveness

Where are you from? What is your home course? From New Mexico originally, now living in Boise, Idaho. My home course is Banbury, but I play all over the Treasure Valley.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Hmm, best thing is probably the (usually) long season, with golf available around 9-10 months a year. Not sure on worst....could be high winds in spring and fall (20mph steady)  

What do you do for a living? Software product manager, though currently looking for the next career opportunity. Got laid off just before Christmas and its been a brutal job scene in tech industry.

How’d you pick your user name? Haha, its the name of the penalty area in rugby where you get sent off for fighting, cheating or just being a proper belligerent bastard. I played rugby for 12 years or so and have a few trips there. 

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another member from Idaho here. I am on the other side of the state in Rexburg. I was just in Boise to get out of the snow over here about a month ago and brought my clubs and hit the range at BanBury while there, seems like a nice course I might need to try sometime. 

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)

4 hours ago, Sinbin said:

Welcome from just up I-84 about 280 miles and across the Columbia River!!  Glad you joined us!  It's tough having to look for work; hope it comes soon.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

been playing for about 30 years  current index is 5.2 but I range 4-7 depending on how the season is going 

What do you love about golf?

I love the pursuit of excellence and that it seems to be only briefly held and never owned in golf  you can always do better  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I don’t know any other member here (I don’t think) I like the equipment reviews here  

Where are you from? What is your home course?

im from WA state  I play a lot of different courses in the south sound area but my current home course is Hawks Prairie

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

best is a lot of good courses at reasonable prices  worst is the weather and frequently sloppy conditions  amazing summers and falls though  

What do you do for a living?

firefighter/paramedic

How’d you pick your user name?

Killer b’s was a name we called ourselves on my old shift at work years ago, which was when I made the account. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD driver and 3 wood

Srixon ZX5/7 MK2 irons split set 

Vokey wedges 

Odyssey Versa putter 

47 minutes ago, killerbgolfer said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

been playing for about 30 years  current index is 5.2 but I range 4-7 depending on how the season is going 

I love the pursuit of excellence and that it seems to be only briefly held and never owned in golf  you can always do better  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I don’t know any other member here (I don’t think) I like the equipment reviews here  

im from WA state  I play a lot of different courses in the south sound area but my current home course is Hawks Prairie

best is a lot of good courses at reasonable prices  worst is the weather and frequently sloppy conditions  amazing summers and falls though  

firefighter/paramedic

Killer b’s was a name we called ourselves on my old shift at work years ago, which was when I made the account. 

Welcome from the other side of the Cascades!!  Glad you joined us!  We have several firefighter/paramedics on the forum back east.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/17/2023 at 5:37 PM, Kenny B said:

Just a heads-up to all in the PNW region, but mostly those that might want to join me and my wife for a round(s) of golf in the Bend/Redmond/Sisters area of Central Oregon.  We will be arriving on Sunday, May 14 for my birthday and spending 4 nights at Eagle Crest Resort.

I haven't made tee times yet, but I know that I want to play Black Butte Ranch outside Sisters and Juniper in Redmond.  I will be making a decision on other courses in the next couple of weeks.  Let me know if you want to join us, and I will make tee times accordingly.

Wish I could make it. My wife is out of town and I need to be home for the dog and I guess work as well. 

It's amazing the closer I get to retirement the less I care if I make into work. If I find something that I love to do it isn't work it's just fun. Work isn't fun, its just work. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

6 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Wish I could make it. My wife is out of town and I need to be home for the dog and I guess work as well. 

It's amazing the closer I get to retirement the less I care if I make into work. If I find something that I love to do it isn't work it's just fun. Work isn't fun, its just work. 

No worries.  I know it's tough to get away during mid-week, but when you are retired, it's the best time to go!!  Maybe we'll catch you guys on our way back from Newport this summer after my wife visits her doctor there.  

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been preforming something that looks kind of like golf since 2019. My handicap is 30.0 and my normal score is 105+  

Something to be competitive in that is nice on the body 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I enjoy the reviews on the site and I do not know any other Spies that I am aware of 

Originally from Eugene, OR moved up to Portland 9 years ago and now live in Gresham and play at Persimmon County Club 

Summer golf in Oregon is wonderful due to the long days and heat does not reach unbearable temputures. The Worst thing is the winter and the rain 

I run a Call Center/Dispatch Center for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) 

It's just my name 

Edited by GunnarB
Trying to delete didn't realize I posted one already a year ago

DRIVER: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ 9.0

3 WOOD: image.png.b6613518d077eded19f7b2f1d3dfca30.png Stealth

UTILITY IRON: :cobra-small: King Utility 3 Iron (waiting on arrival) 

IRONS: :titelist-small: T300 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo Reg Flex (4,5,6,7,8,9,PW)

WEDGES: :mizuno-small: 54 degree (working on finding a 50) 

PUTTER: :cobra-small: KING 3D Printed Grandsport-35 34in

BALL: image.png.542fdc69c02dece96439d8dca9c58a95.png Tour Response Stripe

Happy to have you on the forums Gunnar!  I'm just 200 miles up the Columbia River; spent 50 years driving back and forth to Corvallis where I grew up.  Quite a few Spys in PDX area; we definitely need to have a get-together!!  C'mon someone!!  There is still time to make it happen before the rains start!!

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing since 2006 when my high school buddies and I picked it up. I have a very high handicap around 41 typically scorning in the 100’s. I feel like my game is there just have a few blow ups that keep me from scoring well. 
  2. What do you love about golf? I love  getting outdoors and unwinding from work stress. Also the fact that players of all abilities are able to compete with their handicaps taken into count. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you know other spies? Getting into a group who enjoys the game and sharing ideas around equipment, courses, etc. I don’t think I know any current spies.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I grew up in western Washington move to eastern Washington for college and never looked back. My home course is difficult to answer we have so many great courses in the greater Spokane area that I like to spend time at.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Beautiful courses and great weather to play them in would be the best thing. The worst thing is when the summer heats gets in the 100’s and the longish winters.
  6. What do you do for a living? I am an educator.
  7. How did you pick you username? Nothing special just my name.

GVetter

On 7/15/2023 at 2:02 PM, GVetter said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing since 2006 when my high school buddies and I picked it up. I have a very high handicap around 41 typically scorning in the 100’s. I feel like my game is there just have a few blow ups that keep me from scoring well. 
  2. What do you love about golf? I love  getting outdoors and unwinding from work stress. Also the fact that players of all abilities are able to compete with their handicaps taken into count. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you know other spies? Getting into a group who enjoys the game and sharing ideas around equipment, courses, etc. I don’t think I know any current spies.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I grew up in western Washington move to eastern Washington for college and never looked back. My home course is difficult to answer we have so many great courses in the greater Spokane area that I like to spend time at.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Beautiful courses and great weather to play them in would be the best thing. The worst thing is when the summer heats gets in the 100’s and the longish winters.
  6. What do you do for a living? I am an educator.
  7. How did you pick you username? Nothing special just my name.

Welcome to the Forums, Grant!!  Glad you joined us.  I'm 2 hours south of you and play a lot in Spokane area.  My wife grew up there, so we have played them all.  Her home course was the Spokane CC when she was in H.S., now Kalispell G&CC.  You are right... all the Spokane city and county courses are good and reasonably priced.

Calling any Spys in the PDX area!!!!

Sunday, August 20... my wife and I will be traveling through Portland and are willing to stop and play on our way home from Corvallis.  The tee time and location is up to you.  If I get no takers, I'll wave as I go through.   

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I used to play in the late 90s and moved to Alaska in 2002.  I stopped playing around 2004 and have just this year found my love for golf again.  I used to shoot in the 90s, but starting all over again I'm shooting between 103-110.  My first round this year after such a long break was 110.  A lot of time on the range, setting up a practice area in my garage with a launch monitor has taken 7 strokes off and I just shot a 103 yesterday.  Lot's more work to go, but that's really the fun of it.  

What do you love about golf?  Just the challenge of trying to get better at something.  Hitting that pure shot and knowing that you can do it again.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I like the reviews of equipment, tips, etc.  No spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I was born in Kentucky but 20 years in the Air Force has seen me all over the country.  Home course right now is Palmer Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best is the summer is so scenic when playing.  The worst is the short summer and long winter reduces the time to play.

What do you do for a living?  I'm the Director of Communications & Signals for the Alaska Railroad.

How’d you pick your user name?  So many Joes out there I figured a high number after my name would keep me from not having to see the message "Name already taken".  

Joe Carlton

8 hours ago, joeC650 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I used to play in the late 90s and moved to Alaska in 2002.  I stopped playing around 2004 and have just this year found my love for golf again.  I used to shoot in the 90s, but starting all over again I'm shooting between 103-110.  My first round this year after such a long break was 110.  A lot of time on the range, setting up a practice area in my garage with a launch monitor has taken 7 strokes off and I just shot a 103 yesterday.  Lot's more work to go, but that's really the fun of it.  

What do you love about golf?  Just the challenge of trying to get better at something.  Hitting that pure shot and knowing that you can do it again.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I like the reviews of equipment, tips, etc.  No spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I was born in Kentucky but 20 years in the Air Force has seen me all over the country.  Home course right now is Palmer Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best is the summer is so scenic when playing.  The worst is the short summer and long winter reduces the time to play.

What do you do for a living?  I'm the Director of Communications & Signals for the Alaska Railroad.

How’d you pick your user name?  So many Joes out there I figured a high number after my name would keep me from not having to see the message "Name already taken".  

Welcome to the Forums Joe.  Glad you joined us.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing for about a year now. I took lessons as a kid but never got to play due to costs. I dont have an official handicap but unofficially its around 30 right now.

I love the challenge, being outside and taking the time to learn and get better. Plus walking 9 or 18 provides a good exercise.

Equipment reviews, tips, ect. I dont know any other spies.

Western WY and home course is a local 9 hole. Used to live in the central part of the state and started playing at a muni there.

Best things are the views. Lots of good views of the mountains from the courses. Worst would be long winters and distance from anything golf related. Local course is small 9 hole course with a limited budget and if I want to look at or try any golf equipment I have to travel a good distance.

I work in fisheries.

Its my nickname with my lucky number.

Cobra LTDX 9*

Cobra LTDX LS 5w

Maltby TS3 4-GW

Maltby TSW DRM 52-56

Wilson Infinite Windy City

11 hours ago, snuzzo29 said:

I have been playing for about a year now. I took lessons as a kid but never got to play due to costs. I dont have an official handicap but unofficially its around 30 right now.

I love the challenge, being outside and taking the time to learn and get better. Plus walking 9 or 18 provides a good exercise.

Equipment reviews, tips, ect. I dont know any other spies.

Western WY and home course is a local 9 hole. Used to live in the central part of the state and started playing at a muni there.

Best things are the views. Lots of good views of the mountains from the courses. Worst would be long winters and distance from anything golf related. Local course is small 9 hole course with a limited budget and if I want to look at or try any golf equipment I have to travel a good distance.

I work in fisheries.

Its my nickname with my lucky number.

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us.  

Hi there! New to the forum and excited for all the content.

How long have you been playing golf?

This is only my 3rd season playing golf. My wife and her family have been playing golf forever so I decided to give it a shot! 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

My current GHIN is a 23.4 and my scores are in the mid 90’s….depends on the day.

I enjoy being outside and the complexity of the game. I’m always thinking about my shots and trying to have as much fun as I can.

I don’t know anyone on the website but I follow you guys on Twitter. Has been helpful with reviews on clubs and balls to get my game started! I’m here to keep up to date with all the new equipment coming out as well as any tips to improve my game. 

I’m from North Bend WA and my home course is Mount Si Golf Course in Snoqualmie WA

Great summers and bad winters! Lots of rain and snow that make it hard to get any rounds in during the winter. 

I’m a nurse in the emergency department at the regional trauma center. 

It was one of those yahoo recommendations a loooong time ago and has now been my go to username.

2 hours ago, Bluetrumpet said:

This is only my 3rd season playing golf. My wife and her family have been playing golf forever so I decided to give it a shot! 

My current GHIN is a 23.4 and my scores are in the mid 90’s….depends on the day.

I enjoy being outside and the complexity of the game. I’m always thinking about my shots and trying to have as much fun as I can.

I don’t know anyone on the website but I follow you guys on Twitter. Has been helpful with reviews on clubs and balls to get my game started! I’m here to keep up to date with all the new equipment coming out as well as any tips to improve my game. 

I’m from North Bend WA and my home course is Mount Si Golf Course in Snoqualmie WA

Great summers and bad winters! Lots of rain and snow that make it hard to get any rounds in during the winter. 

It was one of those yahoo recommendations a loooong time ago and has now been my go to username.

Welcome neighbor I’m up in Stanwood, wa.  Great site here. Lots of good information here as well as reviews of just about anything

Driver- Sim2 max

5 wood- Sim max

20’ hybrid- epic flash

irons- 5/gw Pxg 0211 r flex steel

wedges -52,56 Cbx 2 black

putter- Bettinardi queen bee6

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I’m freshly registered so I might as well introduce myself.  

This one hurts to answer since it means I’m getting old but probably 30 years now.  I’m currently an 8 handicap (and rising) handicap.  

It gives me the opportunity to grind on something for the chance at tangible results.  You get out of golf what you put into it.

I like to pop in from time to time for gear reviews so I figured I’d finally register. 

I grew up in Walla Walla but currently live in Hayden.  My home course is The Links in Post Falls (soon to be the longest course in the US they tell me) but I like to play all over the inland northwest, we’re spoiled up here by such nice courses. 

The best thing is the variety of quality course with a 90 minute radius.  The worst is obviously the short golf season. 

IT stuff.

MikeR was my username at work and it was close to the year 2000 so….. MikeR2K.  

:titleist-small: TSR 3 Driver and 3 Wood

:titleist-small: TSR 2 7 Wood

:titleist-small: T200 4 and 5 Iron

:titleist-small: T100S 6-PW

:vokey-small: SM9 48.10F, 54.14F, 58.08M

:scotty-small:  Phantom X 5s

• 2 weeks later...

Probably about 25 years at this point, but I've certainly taken long breaks during that time.  Before this year I probably hadn't golfed more than 3 times in the past 6 years.  The past 4 rounds have been super consistent at 98, though I'm gonna try to get that down into the low 90s soon.

I liked the exercise I get and just the peace.  My 8 year old is starting to get into it and now I have a little playing parter which is super fun.

I like the reviews and the empirical data on everything. 

Snoqualmie Washington, just east of Seattle, but still in Western Washington.  I generally play at Mt. Si Golf Course, which has some amazing views.  Fun fact, the Boeing Classic is held in Snoqualmie, but that course is private (and the memberships are pretty expensive), so I haven't played there.

The beautiful and generally mild summers are amazing, but the rain is pretty constant in all other seasons.  Also, the ground can be hard as a rock, so chipping near the green is sometimes a no-go.

Software Engineering

I have a pretty long multicolored beard and one day a friend said I looked like a Red Yeti, and the name stuck.  

Srixon ZX5 MKII

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. New to the forum. Like Miker2K, I'm in the CDA area.

25 years, 9 index. 

The courses, history and being outdoors.

Learn more about equipment and perhaps network with others. I don't know any others.

I lived in San Diego for almost 40 years, where I learned to play. Just moved to the Coeur d'Alene area 2 years ago. Indian Canyon is my home course.

A lot of goof public courses in beautiful settings. Worst, as Mike said, short season, especially compared to San Diego.

Commercial Insurance

I am a huge Seve fan.

Tour Edge C721 Exotic Driver, 3w and hybrids, Hazardous Blue Stiff

Wishon 771 5-PW, Axiom Shafts

Wishon Microgroove HM Wedges

TM Spider Putter

On 8/11/2023 at 1:42 AM, Bluetrumpet said:

Welcome from east of the Cascades!  I've played Mt Si many times with a long time friend in Seattle.  I liked sitting on the deck with a beer watching people tee off and come into the green... when the weather is nice, that is!!  

On 8/20/2023 at 12:02 PM, Miker2k said:

Hey there, I’m freshly registered so I might as well introduce myself.  

This one hurts to answer since it means I’m getting old but probably 30 years now.  I’m currently an 8 handicap (and rising) handicap.  

It gives me the opportunity to grind on something for the chance at tangible results.  You get out of golf what you put into it.

I like to pop in from time to time for gear reviews so I figured I’d finally register. 

I grew up in Walla Walla but currently live in Hayden.  My home course is The Links in Post Falls (soon to be the longest course in the US they tell me) but I like to play all over the inland northwest, we’re spoiled up here by such nice courses. 

The best thing is the variety of quality course with a 90 minute radius.  The worst is obviously the short golf season. 

IT stuff.

MikeR was my username at work and it was close to the year 2000 so….. MikeR2K.  

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us.  My wife grew up in Spokane and her family had a house on Hayden Lake... big golfing family!  We've played The Links several times; that #9 hole is a beast... fortunately when I played it the turf was very firm and it played downwind!!

On 8/30/2023 at 2:26 PM, redyeti said:

Probably about 25 years at this point, but I've certainly taken long breaks during that time.  Before this year I probably hadn't golfed more than 3 times in the past 6 years.  The past 4 rounds have been super consistent at 98, though I'm gonna try to get that down into the low 90s soon.

I liked the exercise I get and just the peace.  My 8 year old is starting to get into it and now I have a little playing parter which is super fun.

I like the reviews and the empirical data on everything. 

Snoqualmie Washington, just east of Seattle, but still in Western Washington.  I generally play at Mt. Si Golf Course, which has some amazing views.  Fun fact, the Boeing Classic is held in Snoqualmie, but that course is private (and the memberships are pretty expensive), so I haven't played there.

The beautiful and generally mild summers are amazing, but the rain is pretty constant in all other seasons.  Also, the ground can be hard as a rock, so chipping near the green is sometimes a no-go.

Software Engineering

I have a pretty long multicolored beard and one day a friend said I looked like a Red Yeti, and the name stuck.  

Welcome to the forums.  Glad you joined us!!  Have you had a chance to hook up with @Bluetrumpet since you both play Mt. Si?  Get together and report back to our PNW group!

48 minutes ago, Seve B said:

25 years, 9 index. 

Learn more about equipment and perhaps network with others. I don't know any others.

I lived in San Diego for almost 40 years, where I learned to play. Just moved to the Coeur d'Alene area 2 years ago. Indian Canyon is my home course.

A lot of goof public courses in beautiful settings. Worst, as Mike said, short season, especially compared to San Diego.

Commercial Insurance

I am a huge Seve fan.

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us.  My wife grew up in Spokane and we go up there to visit and play golf.  Indian Canyon used to be her nemesis when she was in school; 50 years later, I think she has conquered it.  

You should give @Thin2win a shout and get together for a round.  Chris is a great guy; we've played many rounds together.  Sounds like @Miker2k could join as well.  Find the right day and my wife and I will also come up.  

On 9/13/2023 at 4:30 PM, Seve B said:

25 years, 9 index. 

Commercial Insurance

I am a huge Seve fan.

Welcome to the boards and spokane! I was just out at liberty lake and meadow wood. Indian canyon is an up and down track for sure.  Are you in the men's club there?

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

5 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Welcome to the boards and spokane! I was just out at liberty lake and meadow wood. Indian canyon is an up and down track for sure.  Are you in the men's club there?

Thanks! Yes, I am. Our club championship is this weekend.

TM Spider Putter

Good luck with that,  I'm playing the deer park scramble tomorrow.  I played in the county championships last month,  that is a fun event if you haven't done it. The city championship is also fun.

I'm golfing most weeks,  let me know if you want to coordinate a round.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Good luck with that,  I'm playing the deer park scramble tomorrow.  I played in the county championships last month,  that is a fun event if you haven't done it. The city championship is also fun.

I'm golfing most weeks,  let me know if you want to coordinate a round.

Thanks. Will do.

TM Spider Putter