TR1PTIK

Shoe Recommendations for Walking

7 hours ago, ajchang said:

Nike Lunar Control Vapor. I have 2 pairs in Wide fit. I walk most of my rounds and they're the right fit for me, water resistant, and very light making it so much easier to walk in

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I agree with the Lunar Control.  You really can't go wrong with any iteration of this shoe.  I walk 95% of my rounds and play 5-6 days per week.  They are comfortable straight out of the box and very durable. 

Fun fact; I recently found a brand new unopened pair of Lunar Control II while cleaning out the garage.  I'm all set for a while. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the responses. I spent much of the weekend reading shoe reviews and checking prices on multiple sites. I just ordered the Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0 after much debate. I was originally leaning toward the Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 GTX as mentioned earlier, but decided against them after hearing Adam's comments in the MGS 2018 Buyer's Guide for spikeless shoes (which I almost didn't watch). The buyers guide was very helpful as it opened my eyes to other aspects of the shoe I hadn't fully considered like stability.

In the end, it came down to either the Adidas or a pair of Sketchers Go Golf Pro V.4 Honors. However, not knowing nearly enough about Sketchers' waterproofing technology or their warranty (which I couldn't seem to find on their site) and the fact that they were nearly $30 more I opted for the Adidas this time around. I did also send an email to TRUE about the toe box section and they felt confident I wouldn't feel too much movement, but ultimately I just wasn't willing to make the jump on those.

To sum up the list of recommendations for anyone in the same boat:

• Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0
  • Ecco Biom series
  • TRUE Linkswear
  • Sketchers GoGolf
  • Under Armor Spieth 2
  • Nike Lunar Control Vapor

NOTE: If any of you are interested in a good deal, Carl's Golfland currently has their Demo Days sale going on with discounts on a wide range of items plus free shipping. Got an instant $10 off the Adidas. Total came to $118.99 - (discount + no tax + no shipping = WIN).

Edited by TR1PTIK
NOTE
  • Like 6

Do you have a PGA Superstore near, or other large golf retailer? The best thing to do, I’ve found, is to go try-on every single style a store carries. I went to two different stores so I was able to try on just about every style, by every brand, then made a ranking, and recorded what size I’d need. That’s how I decided to get a few pairs of the FJ Pro SL, last year’s model. I’ve seen too many reviews say something is “comfortable” and they turn out to be hard to me.
Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Skechers Go Golfs are the way to go. In my opinion, I own 2 pair. I’ve walked 36 numerous times

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingcscott said:

I can’t speak to the shoe hurting my feet but I have had plantar fasciitis in the past and have never experienced True’s hurting my feet. I have had 5 different styles of Trues and if they are nothing else they were always comfortable. I still keep a pair of the Oxfords to wear casually as they look great and are still comfortable. They lost their ability to keep my feet dry ( was a problem with the model and they replaced them twice for free) and I can’t really golf in them any longer. The OG’s are so good I don’t think anything other then the new brown color way or the Major’s could pry them off my feet.
I am a Nurse, a former Marine and a walking golfer. I have very high standards for my shoes.

I've loved my Trues over the years; the last few years models didn't last very well, but I hear good things about the Original, OG and Major.  I will be getting a pair (not sure which model) this spring.  I'm just not that excited about the Brown.  I really don't think brown shoes goes very well with any shorts; maybe I need to re-evaluate.

The thing I like about Trues is that wearing these shoes is the closest thing to playing barefoot.  I feel more connected to the ground.  When wearing any other shoe, I feel like I'm wearing elevator shoes.  My Skechers GoGolf shoes took a month of wearing to get used to being "so high off the ground."

Tried the new versions of the Original Trues and the other model they came out with when they came back a couple of years ago. I found both unwearable without inserts...with inserts they're usable. I wear the Originals actually as every day shoes in the winter, and may try the other model for golf in the spring, but without the insert, I found them to be awful.

ECCO Biom and the Skechers are my go to walking shoes - love them both for comfort and stability.  

16 hours ago, kingcscott said:

I can’t speak to the shoe hurting my feet but I have had plantar fasciitis in the past and have never experienced True’s hurting my feet. I have had 5 different styles of Trues and if they are nothing else they were always comfortable. I still keep a pair of the Oxfords to wear casually as they look great and are still comfortable. They lost their ability to keep my feet dry ( was a problem with the model and they replaced them twice for free) and I can’t really golf in them any longer. The OG’s are so good I don’t think anything other then the new brown color way or the Major’s could pry them off my feet.
I am a Nurse, a former Marine and a walking golfer. I have very high standards for my shoes.

I really wanted to live the True's when I got them. I was working at Bandon at the time and they were all the rage there, I feel like 1 in 3 guests bought a part that summer. 

my issue with them was how the toe box curved up. I think it was too promote a more natural foot flex, turns out that just didn't work for my precious feet. I still have them, my wife calls them my clown shoes because of how wide they are at the toe, and that they are pure white... 

I walked 30+ rounds last year in a pair of Skechers Elite V3. They’re great. Stable. Waterproof. Comfortable. 

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed True ... haven't tried the newest models yet.  The wider toe box suits my foot well.  My other choice has been Sketcher's.  However, I rarely walk anymore -- knees just don't do well as they should.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chadly said:

I walked 30+ rounds last year in a pair of Skechers Elite V3. They’re great. Stable. Waterproof. Comfortable. 

I bought a pair last year.  It took awhile too get used to them coming from Trues, but I like them now.

36 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I've always enjoyed True ... haven't tried the newest models yet.  The wider toe box suits my foot well.  My other choice has been Sketcher's.  However, I rarely walk anymore -- knees just don't do well as they should.

I still wear Trues occasionally and like them.  I haven't tried the latest models yet either; probably get a pair before summer.

Puma ignite last year's model they are waterproof and leather and can be had on the cheap now I just bought another pair, they have different colorsScreenshot_20190319-024658.jpeg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I bought a pair last year.  It took awhile too get used to them coming from Trues, but I like them now.

I still wear Trues occasionally and like them.  I haven't tried the latest models yet either; probably get a pair before summer.

Yeah, those Majors look nice.  They're not as wide as the Original, though and I like the wider shoe.  Might try them anyway

Sketchers Gogolf shoes are great. I've used them for the last two years waking +/- 100 rounds. Comfortable, walkable, supportive.

I have some back issues relating to previous surgery and changing heel heights in shoes creates pain. Consequently, I need golf shoes that are very similar to my daily shoes. Sketchers are the only ones that work for me and I've tried every brand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@TR1PTIK Thanks for bring up this subject, I just walked 18 for the first time in a really long time, and I now know that I need some good walking shoes. 

Something I haven't tried, but did hear about on Golf Radio, is Pine Valley Golf Orthotics and I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about inserts. Anyway, here is their link, and if anyone has used inserts, have they been good for you?   https://pvorthotics.com/ 

• Like 1

Going to vary by person as well as between spiked or spikeless. I’ve used both to walk and it comes down to finding what feels comfortable to you. 

Anything puma in spiked will meet waterproof and comfortable. Anything spikeless from them in the last two years will meet comfort requirements but lack in waterproof.

adidas tour boost 360 meets both. I’ve never had a problem with Nike other than som tw models.

fj pro s/l, flex and dna 

More companies need to offer more shoes in wide.  I can't wear most of the golf shoes (and can rarely find wide in most stores and never in a pro shop) because they're too narrow.  Adidas is the worst for someone with a wider foot.  FootJoy does a good job offering wide in most of their line.  TrueLinks is good.  Sketchers offers some of their line in wide.  Anyone know of any other companies that  offer wider shoes in their line?

• Like 1

I bought a pair of FJ Pro SL, they seem to be more comfortable than the Sketchers. But then I've been wearing FJ's for years. FYI I noticed that GG had a bunch of FJs in wide.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Skechers ! I have these Skechers Performance shoes and I love them.

71vBnMP7EeL._UX625_.jpg

Edited by ward
  • Like 1

I was a Skechers guy but bought a pair of last years Most Wanted spikeless Puma Grip Fusion's and absolutely love them for walking.

• Like 1

Skechers ! I have these Skechers Performance shoes and I love them.

71vBnMP7EeL._UX625_.jpg.171e6088866a0692f1b5e23641f5d808.jpg

I like the clean looks !

• Like 1