Shoe Recommendations for Walking

TR1PTIK

20 hours ago, ward said:

Skechers ! I have these Skechers Performance shoes and I love them.

71vBnMP7EeL._UX625_.jpg

I also recently picked up a pair and have been raving to all my buddies about them. Incredibly comfortable, stable, great traction, fully waterproof, and easy to clean. In hindsight, I would have gotten the darker colors to not have to worry about mud as much, but the store only had white. 

• Like 1

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Big fan of Skechers, but the new revelation has been Inesis - the shoes named best value in this year's Spikeless Buyers Guide. They are, without a doubt, the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn - the  Skechers are a strong, but very clear, 2nd. Waterproof, stupid comfy and I think they're only $79.  Worn them for about a dozen+ rounds in all kinds of weather - so far, so very, very good...

• Like 3

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, There is nothing that can beat the quality of Adidas Golf Shoes.

But If I don't mention some other names it will be an injustice.

Skechers & Ecco Biom 2 are the best for playing the whole game without causing any pressure on your feet.

Nike explorer 2 has a phylon coushoning in the mid sole, which is very good for walking.

New Balance NBG518 are good too, but they are not for wet conditions.

Footjoy Pro SL have fitting problems, otherwise they are good too.

Footjoy athletic shoe are a good one too, but they are hard to clean.

Callaway TRX Balboa have no water resistance.

You can learn everything you need to know about golf shoes for walking in here.

Skechers-Go-Golf-Elite-Shoes-Reviews.jpgECCO-Biom-Hybrid-2-Golf-Shoes.jpgFootJoy-Athletics-Golf-Shoes.jpgCallaway-Balboa-TRX-Golf-Shoe.jpg

I have a dozen pair of golf shoes, FJ(5), Addidas(1), Ecco(2), Nike(2), Puma(2)....and I keep going back to the Dryjoys Tour. I have 2 pair and, yes, they are the heaviest, but they are the most comfortable and when it’s swampy, they are the best to keep your feet dry.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Picked up some FJ Originals Spikeless shoes about a week ago. They are the only shoes I've found that have the arch support I need aside from some GreenJoy Spikeless shoes I owned previously. I will be walking a lot of rounds in these for sure. The Adidas I own are still really good as well, but I've discovered that I need to find some different socks to use with those. The sock I have currently just seem to slip off the back of my foot and then my skin rubs up against the back of the shoe until I get a blister. Had this happen for the first time when I went to Colorado recently (right after purchasing new socks) and I had to limp my way through the last 4 or 5 holes.

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

3 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Picked up some FJ Originals Spikeless shoes about a week ago. They are the only shoes I've found that have the arch support I need aside from some GreenJoy Spikeless shoes I owned previously. I will be walking a lot of rounds in these for sure. The Adidas I own are still really good as well, but I've discovered that I need to find some different socks to use with those. The sock I have currently just seem to slip off the back of my foot and then my skin rubs up against the back of the shoe until I get a blister. Had this happen for the first time when I went to Colorado recently (right after purchasing new socks) and I had to limp my way through the last 4 or 5 holes.

I also picked up the Originals recently and I haven't put them in play yet.  I do love the arch support feature!

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

IF you like zero drop wide toe box try True Linkswear. I swear by them. They had some quality issue a few years ago and I switched to ECCO. But have come back to True and am and will be very very loyal. I walk 95% of the time and these are great. There is also a wide variety to suit your needs. Knits for dry/ dewy conditions and the other for anything you throw at them. Look ‘em up. They are great

• Like 3

13 hours ago, kingcscott said:

IF you like zero drop wide toe box try True Linkswear. I swear by them. They had some quality issue a few years ago and I switched to ECCO. But have come back to True and am and will be very very loyal. I walk 95% of the time and these are great. There is also a wide variety to suit your needs. Knits for dry/ dewy conditions and the other for anything you throw at them. Look ‘em up. They are great

I wore Trues for years, but they lost me during the quality control issue era.  I went to Skechers GoGolf shoes, and I've been happy so far, but I will try Trues again; just don't know which ones to get.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am on my second pair of Pumas and I couldn't be more pleased.  I wrote a quick review in the Cobra Connect Challenge thread.  These shoes are the real deal.

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a pair of True Knits to work daily. REALLY love them.

Ordered some Adidas Crossknit Boost for play. They arrive tomorrow, but the reviews on the Boost midsoles are so good across all Adidas product lines, I really look forward to trying them.

• Like 2
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

To update my above post... the Adidas showed up, and fit terrible. Long and narrow, with very little heel support.

I've just ordered my second pair of True Knits to play in.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, GB13 said:

My absolute favorite shoe is the Ecco Biom series. Styling is questionable, but they are sooo comfortable and last a really long time. 

... After wearing athletic style Foot Joys for many years, I picked up a pair of white Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 GTX  in Phoenix. Like you, I found them amazingly comfortable and supportive the very first time I wore them on the course. It was like they were completely broken in right out of the box. I went back and bought a black pair and I rotate them as much as my clothing choice allows. 

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Big fan of Skechers, but the new revelation has been Inesis - the shoes named best value in this year's Spikeless Buyers Guide. They are, without a doubt, the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn - the  Skechers are a strong, but very clear, 2nd. Waterproof, stupid comfy and I think they're only $79.  Worn them for about a dozen+ rounds in all kinds of weather - so far, so very, very good...

How is the sizing? I'm seriously considering getting a pair, but it will be an online purchase as there aren't any stores near me.

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

To update my above post... the Adidas showed up, and fit terrible. Long and narrow, with very little heel support.
I've just ordered my second pair of True Knits to play in.

Thinking about a pair of the True Knits. How long do you get out of them?

On 8/9/2019 at 10:32 AM, chisag said:

... After wearing athletic style Foot Joys for many years, I picked up a pair of white Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 GTX  in Phoenix. Like you, I found them amazingly comfortable and supportive the very first time I wore them on the course. It was like they were completely broken in right out of the box. I went back and bought a black pair and I rotate them as much as my clothing choice allows. 

How do they hold up playing in the early morning hours with dew/wet turf?

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Thinking about a pair of the True Knits. How long do you get out of them?

Sorry Shankster, I've only had my pair for a month and a half. Granted, I wear them 10+ hours a day and 5 days a week, but that still wont really give an idea to longevity.

I had a quality control issue with my second order. True sent me a return label, and asked that I email them when I put the returns in the mail. A few minutes after I emailed them to let them know I dropped them off at UPS, I had a new shipping confirmation that the exchange pair was on their way to me.

Pretty pleased with the Customer Service so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

How do they hold up playing in the early morning hours with dew/wet turf?

... LOL sorry but I would not have any idea. I never play in the morning and rarely before twilite. 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried a LOT of shoes and brands as has my fiance in attempts to find a comfortable golf shoe for us cart mafia folks. I believe I have found THE shoe, at least for me! The Nike Air Jordan ADG is seriously the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. I am a pretty die hard Adida's apparel guy, so it was hard for me to move to the dark side, but I can't deny how comfortable they area.

jordan-adg-golf-shoes-black-cement-1.jpg

• Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: Titleist 917D2 10.5, Regular flex - Diamana Blue Shaft, Golf Pride MCC+4 Gray
3W: :taylormade-small: Taylormade M4 HL, Fujikura Atmos Red 6 Fairway, Golf Pride MCC+4 Gray
5W: :taylormade-small: Taylormade r9, Fujikura, Taylormade Grips
4h: :titelist-small: 818 H1 21*, Tensi Red CK 60HY, Golf Pride Tour Velvet Red
5-PW: :taylormade-small: M5 RH .5*-Flat, True Temper XP100 R300, Golf Pride MCC+4 Gray
Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50* F, 54* S, 58* D, True Temper Wedge flex, Golf Pride MCC+4 Gray
Putter: :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2, SC grip
Ball: :titelist-small: Tour Soft
Tracked With: :Arccos:

The FootJoy Fury Spiked got me around the Straits couese with plenty of comfort and support on some of those crazy dropoffs and inclines.  

0E863DAD-4D2C-4296-A5CC-DD024066B3D3.jpeg

F35FF6CD-DDD7-47C6-8434-23EE8CA14767.jpeg

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12