Golfspy_CG2

2019-Official Forum Member Review-PING Blueprint Irons

Our Sponsors

Whole-lee crap! What a great match.   Congrats [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention]!   [mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention], you guys have outdone yourselves again.  PING came to the table to play this year.  Awesome to see their support. 
Alan, with as active as you are, I fully expect to see this thread catch up to the Cobra Connect Challenge in about 3 days.  Looking forward to seeing what kind of creative tests you put these beauties through.

Thanks! Not sure about 3 days, that one is on fire.

Already put them and myself through a pressure test. I was paired up with 3 other gents I never met last time out... you guys saw the results. 47 on the front because of some mistakes. Then I was 4 up on the back over the other fellas with a 38.

Oh, and that almost ace of mine... 6 iron Blueprint!

Playing some of my best golf... ever with these...

Stay tuned........
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Wow....
Congrats [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] and what a phenomenal opportunity! Great post and I look forward to more....

Yeah. 3 or so weeks later and I am still in shock. Thanks!
  • Like 1

I love when we get surprises like this.  Although these clubs are out of my league I know it will be fun to follow along with you Shankster.  

Thanks! Open to all testing ideas you guys would like to see.

No flipping zucchini this time though.
  • Like 1

Holy! This is fantastic. Congrats Shankster and great start, always have loved your style in your reviews. 

Enjoy these beauties and hope they do wonders for you. Will be a ton of fun to follow along!

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of May 14, 2020

SWING SPEED- 100

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Holy! This is fantastic. Congrats Shankster and great start, always have loved your style in your reviews. 
Enjoy these beauties and hope they do wonders for you. Will be a ton of fun to follow along!

Thank you. I should go try a round right now. 15mph winds... get the full experience.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Thank you. I should go try a round right now. 15mph winds... get the full experience.

That's where a blade trumps any GI club, you can really work the ball high or low.

• Like 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Woooo! Congrats buddy, if this is anything like your i200 review, we are all in for a treat.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I echo many of the earlier comments and congrats. Holy (bleep) Batman! What a match made in Heaven! The Shankster and the baddest PING blades on the planet together for one big blow-out of a review..?!! How could we be so lucky..?! I will certainly be following this even though the PING bouncer just laughs at me as he shoves me away from the ropes blocking us from entering the "Blade Club" and points me toward the shovel section... Have a blast (sounds like you already are) and big "Cheers" to ya!

• Like 5

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Congratulations@Shankster and that's a very good start to your review! I love the photos, especially the bread and butter pic, that's creativity at its finest.

I'm with PA#9 in the fact if Ping knew I was even looking at their beautiful blades, someone would show up at the house and block any access I had to these pictures.

Ping has really brought out the big guns this year to MGS, with the G410 driver review, the long game gapping, and now this. I don't think they could have picked a better man for this job than you. Have fun and I can't wait to read along!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations@Shankster and that's a very good start to your review! I love the photos, especially the bread and butter pic, that's creativity at its finest.

I'm with PA#9 in the fact if Ping knew I was even looking at their beautiful blades, someone would show up at the house and block any access I had to these pictures.

Ping has really brought out the big guns this year to MGS, with the G410 driver review, the long game gapping, and now this. I don't think they could have picked a better man for this job than you. Have fun and I can't wait to read along!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

When I was at PING HQ for my fitting.  After we were done, I asked to see a Blueprint --this was before it's release.   They told me once we were inside and far from the range I could look but not touch.   LOL.  Not really.  But I didn't dare even ask to take a swing.   A man has to know his limitations 😬

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Thanks!

Any specific questions you want answered?

Nope, the main one has already been asked: how they stack up to Mizuno. Looking forward to the updates! 

• Like 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:titelist-small: 975D 10.5*

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon Woods (3/5)

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Nope, the main one has already been asked: how they stack up to Mizuno. Looking forward to the updates! 

I’ll see if I can get my hands on one test compare. Can’t promise anything, but I’ll try.
  • Like 2

How do the lofts compare to the Rocketbladez Tour? What other irons will you be comparing them to? I always tend to compare blades to Mizuno MP 14, Founders Club 200 Series and Sagra INB-1150 - those are my favorite all-time blades. I have been thinking about this all day - I'm super happy for you and perhaps a little jealous but only a little since the pastor in me is telling me not to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I have a few irons from the Founders Club and MP 14 and all the Saqra I could send to you to compare if you like!

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

How do the lofts compare to the Rocketbladez Tour? What other irons will you be comparing them to? I always tend to compare blades to Mizuno MP 14, Founders Club 200 Series and Sagra INB-1150 - those are my favorite all-time blades. I have been thinking about this all day - I'm super happy for you and perhaps a little jealous but only a little since the pastor in me is telling me not to be

Here’s the specs to compare.

IMG_5894.PNG
  • Like 4

Here’s the specs to compare.

IMG_5894.thumb.PNG.9a66a6d192ab3d2dd0aaf56281766560.PNG

Thanks! They are pretty comparable. What about in shaft length? Are they the same? How do they compare in distance? Ball flight?

• Like 1

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Thanks! They are pretty comparable. What about in shaft length? Are they the same? How do they compare in distance? Ball flight?

Haven’t compared the lengths, but I went with standard on the PING’s, bought the TM’s used.

When I was getting fit the guy said mine were 2° flat from standard PING specs, so I guess I am playing a more upright club than I am used to.

Ball flight on a stock swing is a nice mid trajectory. I hit the TM’s to the moon. These can go to the moon, but by user input, nor every single shot.

Haven’t got to mess around a whole lot with different trajectories and shapes, but that will be addressed.

Distance from what I can tell is probably 2-3 yards longer because I am making better contact and the shaft was fit for me.
  • Like 2

Nice start Shankster! And what a cool opportunity! I logged in this morning and saw “Official Member Review- Ping Blueprints” and thought man, how did I miss this announcement!?

Can’t wait to read more. But, where is the 1-iron?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

WITB:

Louisville Smart Persimmon Driver

Louisville Niblick Persimmon 3 & 5 woods

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

*denotes clubs being tested

Wow, congrats Shanks! Couldn't have picked a better person to do this review!! I'm really curious about these as I love my I200 short irons but am not a huge fan of the long irons. Maybe a reverse combo set?!?!

Now... about this 2 iron... I can't imagine how good it feels to flush one. I'm also happy to see PING making a 2 iron, as they are becoming harder and harder to find. (Yes, I know the modern day 4 iron is a traditional 2 iron, but now isn't the time for that discussion.)

• Like 7

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Haven’t compared the lengths, but I went with standard on the PING’s, bought the TM’s used.

When I was getting fit the guy said mine were 2° flat from standard PING specs, so I guess I am playing a more upright club than I am used to.

Ball flight on a stock swing is a nice mid trajectory. I hit the TM’s to the moon. These can go to the moon, but by user input, nor every single shot.

Haven’t got to mess around a whole lot with different trajectories and shapes, but that will be addressed.

Distance from what I can tell is probably 2-3 yards longer because I am making better contact and the shaft was fit for me.

Thanks Shankster - I really appreciate your feedback and response. I will be watching closely and will ask questions as they come up. The difficult thing in asking some questions is that so much is contingent on swing and type of player. I know with a blade they will do whatever you give them without much in way of surprises. Thanks again for responding so quickly!

• Like 3

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer