Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What outside influences impact your round the most?

1. Slow play

2. Dehydration (easily get headaches from this)

3. Hunger makes me grumpy, which worsens Point 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

If my wife and I are arguing/fighting it tends to impact my play for some reason.

Biggest detriment is letting my mind run away from me and not playing one shot at a time.  For example, say I start out par, birdie, par, and have otherwise been coasting along without overthinking it.  Inevitably I start doing the math of the scorecard in my head and figuring out what score is attainable or what I'm on pace for, and every time I do that I seem to have a blow-up double or triple.

Really wish I could get out of that mode...even bought "Zen Golf" to read in the hopes there are some nuggets in there to help me stay in the moment and take it a shot at a time.

Am I the only one who struggles with this?  

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Weather - I do not mind playing in the rain or wind but not both.

Slow Play - I loose concentration when you are waiting between shots. Ok, waiting on a tee but not the fairway.

Concentration. This is what generally ruins a good round. Usually 12-14 are my boggie holes.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

If my wife and I are arguing/fighting it tends to impact my play for some reason.

Biggest detriment is letting my mind run away from me and not playing one shot at a time.  For example, say I start out par, birdie, par, and have otherwise been coasting along without overthinking it.  Inevitably I start doing the math of the scorecard in my head and figuring out what score is attainable or what I'm on pace for, and every time I do that I seem to have a blow-up double or triple.

Really wish I could get out of that mode...even bought "Zen Golf" to read in the hopes there are some nuggets in there to help me stay in the moment and take it a shot at a time.

Am I the only one who struggles with this?  

I do it alllllll the time. Today was one of those days but I didn’t blow up as bad just a couple bogeys but normally big numbers when I’m adding things up lol. Arccos and 18 birdies has shelled a lot because I’m not adding up just making sure hole to hole on them the total for that hole is right I’m not looking at the total +-. Don’t have any advice other than to keep trying to get it out of your head and live shot to shot, if you’re using scorecards try out an app might help.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I do it alllllll the time. Today was one of those days but I didn’t blow up as bad just a couple bogeys but normally big numbers when I’m adding things up lol. Arccos and 18 birdies has shelled a lot because I’m not adding up just making sure hole to hole on them the total for that hole is right I’m not looking at the total +-. Don’t have any advice other than to keep trying to get it out of your head and live shot to shot, if you’re using scorecards try out an app might help.

Thanks. Yeah, I use the Grint, and you’re right, it has helped some, but I remember my scores without referencing the app well enough to get in my own way...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Thanks. Yeah, I use the Grint, and you’re right, it has helped some, but I remember my scores without referencing the app well enough to get in my own way...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy