Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

premier golf league

I first heard about the Premier Golf League from rick shiels pod cast.  Was wondering if anyone else has heard of it and what your thoughts are. 

I think its pretty interesting though I don't know how they are going to pull off the team aspect of it.

@Chizzle I have been thinking about an alternative format for some time now. My ideas are different than elite tournaments like the Premier golf league. I am thinking of something like a different year long race like the FedEx cup but with different scoring criteria and a different purse with different end of year events that are invitation only based on standings. 

Another cool thing would be throw back charity tournaments where they use persimmon woods or hickory shafts. 

Another idea is exhibition matches hosted by an equipment maker like Taylormade where everyone uses the same club heads and ball. 

Plus, I would like to see a lot more of entire matches played following one group from start to finish. It could be just practice rounds on Wednesday or even exhibition matches on a Tuesday or Monday.

I'm more interested in seeing golf how it is played rather than how it is currently broadcast so anything new and exciting will catch my attention

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

12 hours ago, Chizzle said:

I first heard about the Premier Golf League from rick shiels pod cast.  Was wondering if anyone else has heard of it and what your thoughts are. 

I think its pretty interesting though I don't know how they are going to pull off the team aspect of it.

The Premier Golf LEague was a "thing" back in February when some details were released.  They want to get 48 of the best players in the world to enlist.  As far as I remember, most of the current top players have no interest in leaving the PGA Tour for something new and different.  From what I remember reading, the players would have to commit to 18 weeks in a 8-month season, which would basically preclude them from playing the PGA or European Tour, and might ensure that they weren't eligible for the majors.  

You might want to review this thread, which I found through an extremely quick search of the MGS Forum:

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia