Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Improving uphill performance of the MGI Zip Navigator AT

Nevin

I have a MGI Zip Navigator AT that I bought at Costco.  I have about 30 rounds with it and I love it.  My only complaint is how it handles uphill grades.  It pops wheelies frequently and will occasionally tip over backwards.  I've extended the Wheelie bar and that helps some.  I play on a hilly WV golf course so there is no avoiding some hill climbs.  I've thought about adding some ballast weight to the bottom of my golf bag.  Has anyone else had this problem and how did you improve it?

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree Fubuki stiff shaft. 

XXIO 3 wood 

XXIO 20 degree 4 hybrid

XXIO 23 degree 5 hybrid

PXG 0211 DC 6 thru GW MMT stiff shafts

PXG 0211 DC 54 degree sand wedge MMT shaft

Taylormade Hi-toe MG 60. 

Putter:  Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour lined.

I have the same challenge w my Alphard eWheels, attached to my BagBoy Quad. Lots of wheelies...  everything is a little op heavy. I too have thought about adding “ballast” but I’m not sure how I’d attach it.  I do t want it in the bag, but have pondered attaching something to the front bar of the cart, or where the bottom of the bag rests against the bar.   I’m just not sure how much I’d need. Other consideration - does the extra weight just sap the battery more? More difficult to go up hill? Hmmm, sounds like a project to get serious about and work on. I’ve tipped the cart a few too many times when I wasn’t close enough to grab the handle. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 1 month later...

I have ordered a Zip Navigator and it is being delivered later today.  I read on another forum that someone puts a 5 pound barbell in the bottom of his bag and he says it has drastically improved the performance of his cart around hills with no noticeable compromise of battery life or performance.  This person had the Navigator also.  Someone else mentioned that they purchased a cooler that sits on the front of the bag down low and a few drinks in the cooler seems to accomplish the same thing.  I'll play around with mine and see what is needed.  I have zero practical experience yet but hope this helps.  

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...