Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tour Edge Exotics C721 hybrid

Hoyoymac

After reading a number of great reviews of the new Tour Edge Exotics C721 hybrid I decided to get one to replace a Titleist 818 H1 25 degree hybrid that I added to the bag last year.

My problem with hybrids is that I tend to hook them.  The Titleist 818 H1 had a lot of adjustability with the hosel and the Surefit weight cartridge.  The shaft was a 60 gram Tensei Red Regular and it seemed a bit too light for me as I still tended to only be able to hit a draw with it even when set for maximum fade.   I added a 28 degree Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 new old stock hybrid to my bag last year and it has proven to be the most anti left hybrid I’ve ever had while producing high 175 yard shots that land soft.

Recently I cleaned out my garage of several old sets of clubs and traded them in.  Used the store credit to buy the new C721 25 degree hybrid with the KBS TGI 80 gram Stiff shaft.  It is a rocket launcher.  It is about 10 yards longer than the Titleist that it replaced.  It is now my 200-205 yard club.  I use KBS shafts in my irons and wedges.  This is the first graphite KBS shaft I’ve had.  It has a familiar feel to me.

Looks great and performs well.  I’ve played a couple of rounds with it and like it so far.  I can still hit a draw with it when needed, but it doesn’t seem to be a one trick pony.

With the rest of my trade in credit I’m ordering a couple of Tour Edge fairway woods and a utility iron to try as well.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

Interesting story. I use Callaway X2 Hot 19 & 22 degree and tend to draw them. I am looking to replace the top end of the bag this year after getting Wilson D7 irons last year, which replaced AP3's. I looked at the Tour Edge C721 driver, but as far as fairways and hybrids go, not sure what they might have for a lefty like me. Got a fitting tomorrow so we'll see.  

I put the 19* C721 hybrid (with the KBS TGI 80-S shaft in it) about ten days ago and played two rounds with it so far.  It is extremely long, straight, and forgiving for me. On my least-favorite par 5 hole last Monday, I sort of popped-up my tee shot, leaving me about 285-290 yards from the green on a sidehill lie in the rough and hitting over two bodies of water (the corner of a lake and a creek that crosses the fairway between 100-140 yards out).  I thought that I'd be laying-up to about 80-90 yards from that lie if I hit the C721 hybrid, so I played that club and hit a nice medium-high rocket shot with it.  When I got to my ball, I had only 38 yards to the front of the green, and about 50 yards to the pin.  I have since hit a handful of other shots similar to that one with this club, and I have even taken to hitting it from the tee on short to medium length par 4 holes where control off the tee is required.  It's replacing a Callaway Epic Sub Zero 5-wood in my bag, which I had been playing set to 20* loft.  I NEVER thought that I would take that 5-wood out of the bag, as it had become my favorite "control club" off the tee and for approaches on long par 5 holes.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: The Tour Edge Exotics C721 25 degree 5 hybrid has proven to be a nice addition to the bag.  I have sold my Titleist 818 H1 25 degree hybrid to another member of the Mens Golf Association so there is no going back now.

Since I play KBS shafts in all of my irons, the KBS TGI 80g shaft has made for a very easy switch.  It has removed the dreaded hook and replaced it with a baby draw. 

In other news, I’m now testing a Tour Edge EXS 22 degree 4 utility iron, a Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 degree 4 wood, a Tour Edge EXS 18 degree 5 wood and a Taylormade Sim Ti 19 degree 5 wood as possible replacements for my Tour Edge EX 10 16.5 Degree 4 wood will probably start some new threads for them.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels