Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Was I out of line?

azstu324

On 4/5/2022 at 10:02 PM, chisag said:

... Yes! Every golfer is different of course but in general you are exactly right Kev. A really bad swing and a really bad shot can't be helped with any equipment. No difference at all between a fat MB and a fat GI. The hosel is the same as well 😳  Of course if you miss thin consistently, something with more weight low in the head will produce a much better "bad shot" than a MB with a thin sole and a high COG. But especially better players that say hit it 1/2" toward the toe or heel (which happens more often than some would admit) can be the difference between a 10 foot birdie putt or a 20 footer up a tier, or worse leave you short sided in the deep rough as opposed to on the fringe. We are talking about a marginal shot with a marginal difference but that difference can mean a stroke or two every round. 

... Adding to your statement I hear MB users say hitting a MB is not any harder than hitting a GI and I would absolutely agree, a good swing and center contact doesn't care what club you are using. It is the marginal miss that makes the GI not any easier to hit but less penal when you miss it marginally. 

I'm in complete agreement - now if I would just stop testing the poor swing theory all would be well in the universe. 😞

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 4 weeks later...

@azstu324 The guy sort of asked in a way, so totally not out of line.

The real question is what course were you on? Springfield?

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

3 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

@azstu324 The guy sort of asked in a way, so totally not out of line.

The real question is what course were you on? Springfield?

It was indeed Springfield! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On question 1, I do not think you were out of line.  As my Gramps would always say to me, "Do not ask a question that you are not ready to hear the answer to."  If he was asking all day why he could not match your distance or consistency, then he needed to hear the truth.  You asked him questions about his game and gave him an educated guess as to what was wrong.  It is on him as to how he processes what you tell him.  Had you just said maybe your having a bad breaks on the shots or I am just really getting lucky today, he would have believed you and he would still be thinking everything is going to be alright eventually.  BONUS: When someone says they just really wanted club X and they haven't given much thought to if it fits their game or not, then nothing you can say is going to chagne their mind anyway.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

1)  totally fine.  Maybe the guy could benefit from a couple lessons also.  Maybe something in his swing has him off in conjunction with the wrong clubs.  

2)  i don't think I'll ever make it to blade level, but that hasn't stopped me from owning some nice blingy Cobra MBs. Not my gamers, though.  I would say if your ball striking is fine, dont move away unless your yardages drop or something.  At that point consider maybe a flow set.  

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter