Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

On 2/22/2024 at 5:25 AM, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Morning all, still working from home this week (surprisingly getting alot done which is good). Article is up on the main site on golf beverages (mostly hydrating) so go give the forum some love!

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/try-these-staff-favorite-drinks-on-the-golf-course/

I use LMNT almost daily. I stay somewhat active with my job and I find myself not keeping up with my water intake. I get the chocolate flavor and put it in my coffee, Don’t knock it till try it. I then have water container and will use the lemon flavor or when I am feeling somewhat like gambling I’ll blindly grab packet from the multi flavor box. You the jalopeno for a little kick, that’s a good one for the course.

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

4 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

I use LMNT almost daily. I stay somewhat active with my job and I find myself not keeping up with my water intake. I get the chocolate flavor and put it in my coffee, Don’t knock it till try it. I then have water container and will use the lemon flavor or when I am feeling somewhat like gambling I’ll blindly grab packet from the multi flavor box. You the jalopeno for a little kick, that’s a good one for the course.

I have not found that I need it daily yet. Back in the day maybe when I was doing hardwood floor installs but these days my workouts just are not enough to justify that much (I know they do recommend it as a daily though for those particularly active). I really enjoy the Jocko for daily, not as much sodium.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

16 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Current situation....

Sitting on 17 tee box waiting on the men's group to get done. 

17086990402755407250944544716232.jpg.b37a9872f8e2a331c4a31a3831dcdd95.jpg

Weather was too nice to pass up a sunrise round. 

Fantastic!!! How did it go?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

I'll have to play devils advocate here... it's an open qualifier so I think he has every right to give it a shot if he felt his game was there and he met the requirements to play in the OQ. Also, there's been additional reports that he was being heckled the whole time with large crowds and people asking for autographs during play. I would be hard pressed to say this would throw anyone off there game regardless of their skill level. It's unfortunate that he gets this much attention and pressure because at the end of the day he is still a 15 year old kid.

no doubt... he has every right and people can be and are brutal. just blasting him on social media. poor kid - 15 and he doesn't deserve it. If his name was Charlie Miller he'd be just another teenager and nobody would care. Apparently the PGA Tour sent a special photog to follow him and take pics..that probably didn't help much.

I do wonder if Earl would have let Eldrick do the same when he was 15. No doubt he had the game but all of the off the course stuff is ridiculous. 
Charlie, OTOH, isn't even the best player on his HS team. 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

What I do care about is that I had another article publish on the main site today! If you guys could give it a read and comment, that would be great. Thanks again for all your support with these articles as we have been getting some more publishing exposure on the main site!

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/common-golf-injuries-and-prevention-strategies/

Jason, very nice and helpful article. Warm up and stretching prior to golf is very beneficial. Well done. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Top of the pot spies! ☕  "Winter" seems to be officially over here in the valley of the sun.  We nearly reached 80F yesterday and today looks like a repeat.  Going to spend time at the range and practice area right after the 1245 shotgun start... come to learn that's the time to go during peak season as it's a ghost town immediately afterwards.  Plus, observed from a safe distance, it's a hoot watching the circus of carts heading out. 🤣  Have a great Friday everyone!

giphy.gif

Apache Wells does the 8am & 1 PM shotgun start as well. It's tailgating for golf and it's pretty cool and funny to see. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

9 minutes ago, ZoonORama said:

Good Morning Spies!

The sun is shining! It is still in the 40s but will be warming today. I “might” be able to get to the range later this afternoon before class tonight. We will see. Early day tomorrow morning with band practice before a gig in the evening. Should be a fun time. Then travel early Monday through Wednesday, red-eye back home (hopefully) Wednesday. Of course, the weather will be perfect here while I am gone (grrrrr).

@GolfSpy_BEN Following your Qi10 review closely. I am curious to see, once you get out on the course, how the new stick performs compared to your current TD. Being in Ohio with you, the conditions will be similar for me. Just very curious.

Today is National Dog Biscuit Day so if you have a loved pooch, share a biscuit with them today and a pat on the head. You won’t regret it and it just might bring your blood pressure down too. 🐶

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers! ⛳

I hit one at a fitting day and compared to my sim2max.  Zero difference for me.  Fitter even said (dont spend 600.00 on this, come back in 2-3 years).  I will say it hit MUCH nicer than the first stealth.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

1 hour ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Excellent, @CFreddie! Maybe I can get GF involved on the garage sim, once it's in place. And the invitation still stands if we're in Scotland at the same time (might have to coordinate a bit).

Oh yes - its already on my list 🙂

Plan is early April - its a 40th birthday trip for me (my actual birthday is end of March), but the plan is to get on at the Old Course, so I'm trying to time it around the shoulder season (but also avoid hitting off mats). 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

2 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Apache Wells does the 8am & 1 PM shotgun start as well. It's tailgating for golf and it's pretty cool and funny to see. 

LOL.  I was warned when I moved here about shotgun starts... and retired people in golf carts.  Our Desert Springs course manager has started playing the "Looney Tunes" tune right after the "please head out to your assigned hole" announcement. 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

I have not found that I need it daily yet. Back in the day maybe when I was doing hardwood floor installs but these days my workouts just are not enough to justify that much (I know they do recommend it as a daily though for those particularly active). I really enjoy the Jocko for daily, not as much sodium.

I'll give jocko a try. 

very good article, new ideas for summer golf drinks. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

35 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

I do wonder if Earl would have let Eldrick do the same when he was 15.

Tiger played in the LA Open when he was 16 and missed the cut, but I believe that was a sponsor's exemption.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

10 minutes ago, RichL85 said:

The time difference from home is starting to wear on me. Staying up later so that I can talk to the family and then waking up earlier to start work early is drastically reducing my usual amount of sleep. On the positive, the weather is good and I've got rounds scheduled for both days this weekend. 

Just noticed you reviewed the SPG-7. I have one sitting in my hallway right now waiting for me to get home and set it up, so I was interested to see your thoughts on it.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Up early to get packed and time to head north. My son gets home Sunday morning from Costa Rica so I am looking forward to that. Was a nice week with my girls but it feels odd not having the boy with me for vacation. Nobody tells you how hard the lasts are with your kids. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

1 hour ago, Marlin Dave said:

Is there anything finer than a calm morning with an absolute killer espresso??? Its among my favorite things in the world and I was turned onto this after only drinking D'maglia Italiana for years. This stuff is the deal and it's cheaper!! It won the grand prize in Miami and that is a serious Espresso (Bucci) city with all the Italians and Cubanos sort of has a nutty, chocolate type finish its really nice

Screenshot_20240223_092134_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_092106_Chrome.jpg

George Howell makes great coffee for anyone interested! I owned a craft coffee roastery for a while and George Howell was a inspiration in our roast style very often!

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: srixon-removebg-preview.png.12b8a132cea8523f77746a94937ae416.pngZX Utility (23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95g) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 6-GW (True Temper Elevate 95) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (True Temper Dynamic Gold 132) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Fantastic!!! How did it go?

Front 9 was great!  Putter was working today and had 3 birdies and 2 bogies.  The 2 bogies we silly mistakes.  Had to take an unplayable on one and the other I aimed too far left and caught a tree off the tee leaving a long 2nd that ended just short of the green. 

Back 9 wasn't bad but nothing special. Was hungry and feeling a little sluggish but solid day all the way around. 

10/14 FW

12/18 GIR

29 Putts 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Chillin’ out here in Palm Springs.  Managed to get hooked up to the internet, so thought I’d check in.  Too many days to go back and catch up… hope I didn’t miss anything important.  Played a lot of golf; some days were not bad, others I won’t talk about!  At least the temp has been nice; sunny and high 70’s most days.  It’s just expensive to play here.  Oh well, it’s a vacation!  Not looking forward to leaving the warmth for 40-50 deg days again.  Leave on Tuesday.  My wife decided to catch a cold in this warm weather; she hasn’t had a cold in more than 10 years.  My luck I’ll catch it just before we board the plane!!!

Will catch up with you more when we get home.  Play well!!!

Hey Kenny.  Glad to hear you and Martha made it to Palm Springs. Bummer about her cold.  Tell her hello from me and you guys enjoy your respite from the cold 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, skraeling said:

I hit one at a fitting day and compared to my sim2max.  Zero difference for me.  Fitter even said (dont spend 600.00 on this, come back in 2-3 years).  I will say it hit MUCH nicer than the first stealth.

I had a similar experience recently. Went and hit the new Ai Smoke Max. Currently using Mavrik. After an hour in the sim and making tons of adjustments, the tech basically said the same. No reason to spend $600 for something that isn’t really an improvement. My ball speed was better with what I have now as was distance (2-3 yds.). Who knew? I did like the looks of the club and feel but not to the tune of six hundo.

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

5 hours ago, Cfhandyman said:

Good morning to all and a good Friday. Enjoying my morning espresso on another spring like day. Had a frustrating half day yesterday playing an exciting game of hurry up and wait, waiting to get my passport renewed. The good news, mission accomplished and I don’t have to do that again for 10 years. Nexus renewal was far easier.
 @GolfSpy_APH Good luck with your move.  Moving is never easy, usually stressful and a huge pain, but oh so nice when you get into the new place and set up the way you want. 

Today’s message is from our pal the nervous golfer.  Enjoy

image.jpeg.7b10a085801857f9b1ebd69aedc178cc.jpeg

Love the Snoopy reference! I suppose you can deduce why...😏

Happy Friday Spies,

I been absent a day or two from this thread but i still read it just about everyday. The week has been long but productive. Looks like spring is beginning to spring around here so I am targeting a Sunday range trip to work on some new drills. Really looking forward to an early spring and the outdoor opportunities that will bring.

Been following the F1 practice sessions, Charlie Woods (kudos to him for getting out there), and planning the purchase of my first riding mower.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges:  Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png56 Deg, 60 Deg

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Balls: Titleist ProV1