Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

19 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Even if it is legit, you're gonna pay many times face value.

I've seen multiple signs with that same number for Masters tickets. Just for fun, I looked at Ticketmaster and StubHub this morning to see what tournament badges were going for. The 4-day badge for the tournament itself started at $9500 and went up from there considerably.  Even practice rounds are going for $1000+

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

20 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Even if it is legit, you're gonna pay many times face value.

F you are in town, tickets along the side of the road are much cheaper than buying in advance.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Good morning all from sunny but cool camp verde Arizona. Last 2 days were in the 70s. Heading up to Sedona for the day, playing prescott country club tomorrow it's going to be 50 when we tee off with a 25 percent chance of showers after 12. Hopefully this course is nicer than the first one we played but you can't expect to much when it was 20.00 to ride 18. Have a wonderful day everyone. 

Frank musolino 

3 hours ago, ZoonORama said:

Good Morning Spies!

GOOD weather finally! 60s for the next few days and the range will be a welcomed sight after snow last Sunday. Coffee ☕ and eggs 🍳 already done. 2nd cup brewing…

Today is National Girl Scout Day….so do your part and find one and buy a whole bunch of cookies 🍪 from them. Remember, you are doing that for the children. Oh, and while you are at it, pick up some bigger pants, ⚖️ you might need them.

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers! ⛳

There are currently 3 boxes in our pantry. 😊

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

46 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Good morning all from sunny Cancun! Had some issues getting checked into rooms yesterday which was really frustrating, but not going to let it dictate the week. Our travel agent is working on communicating with the resort. Essentially we didn’t get into our rooms until 6:30pm when we were supposed to at 3pm. Then the other couple traveling with us was given a two double bed room instead of one king, which I realize isn’t a huge deal but was icing on the cake yesterday lol. 

Should be a beautiful day and I got only slightly sunburned on my shoulders yesterday. I’m either white or red, there’s no in between haha. Extra sunscreen and some shade mixed in today. 

Starting things off with mimosas!image.jpg

@GolfSpy_KFT, welcome to travel in Mexico. Tip of the day, stay hydrated.  With or without hats, that is the question. For your friend of course. 
image.jpeg.6f31313b411778a3ec6a876342f76d72.jpeg
image.jpeg.8bedad023cee032a16fdf0ebe56083df.jpeg

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

19 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

@David Leighton Reid, is that a copperhead? I can't tell too good in that photo, but I'm glad you didn't have a run in with it. I don't care what kind of snake it was, it would have startled me pretty good. I have a friend that likes to catch them...I think he's nuts. He wouldn't be doing much chasing right now as he broke a toe last night. 

The wife and I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a new fridge. The control panel still isn't working on our current one. We spent quite a bit of time at Lowe's looking at them because she needed the proper "cheese drawer", which is the long one on the bottom of the fridge. We went with a 30.5 cu ft Samsung and got it at a decent price due to a sale. They're delivering it Wednesday and hauling the old one away. 

1000007698-01.jpeg.0cdcb4fefeb6ee21c1aad4fb708f211a.jpeg1000007699-01.jpeg.4990a41f3acf3383f20a669e626daa8c.jpeg

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit emotional about the getting rid of the old one as it was a house warming gift from my mom. She was so proud to be able to buy it for us and I still think about her every time I open it up. 

@GolfSpy_KFTI hope you enjoy your vacation, it looks like a good retreat from the cold climate in Wisconsin. Have fun with the family and I have one pro tip for you: sunscreen. 

Our last condo had one like that - freezer on the bottom - I really liked that feature. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Afternoon All,

Last night I wound up getting sick. This morning was still the same so I didn’t head into work. Not sure what I had but my fever spiked to 102.8. Now, I’m just a little tired but temp is 99.4. I’m going to say it was probably something to do with what I ate. That’s the only possibility. Hope everyone is having a great day. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well @Wheelieb. Hope you get over it quickly.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Good afternoon Spies!

Get better @Wheelieb!

Still in Augusta working on my sunburn (I've been sitting out in a parking lot for two days and there isn't a cloud in the sky). GF, however is back home, and the landlords, who live out of town, wanted to come by and look at our place. Which would be okay except the lease limits us to two pets and we, uh, have eight. So she had to make arrangements to get them out of the house for an hour or so while the landlords came by. All worked out, the landlords are happy and none the wiser, and the furbabies are back home.

Somehow I don't think my company is going to send me back to Augusta in four weeks, but it would be interesting if they did. I might have to try the streetside market in that case, @cnosil.

Not sure when I'll get out of here, but might detour to the local Edwin Watts to kill some time this evening. Hoping to get in a round Thursday before I leave town, possibly at Augusta Muni (known as The Patch) or the home course of Augusta U, which has won a few NCAA golf titles.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Good afternoon Spies!

Get better @Wheelieb!

Still in Augusta working on my sunburn (I've been sitting out in a parking lot for two days and there isn't a cloud in the sky). GF, however is back home, and the landlords, who live out of town, wanted to come by and look at our place. Which would be okay except the lease limits us to two pets and we, uh, have eight. So she had to make arrangements to get them out of the house for an hour or so while the landlords came by. All worked out, the landlords are happy and none the wiser, and the furbabies are back home.

Somehow I don't think my company is going to send me back to Augusta in four weeks, but it would be interesting if they did. I might have to try the streetside market in that case, @cnosil.

Not sure when I'll get out of here, but might detour to the local Edwin Watts to kill some time this evening. Hoping to get in a round Thursday before I leave town, possibly at Augusta Muni (known as The Patch) or the home course of Augusta U, which has won a few NCAA golf titles.

Watch Stacked Golfs Augusta episode on YT!  They highlight some great golf stores in the area to check out.

@Wheelieb hopefully it's just a 24hr bug that subsides quickly! I e never run a fever from food poisoning,  but I'm sure it could possibly ?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

6 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Watch Stacked Golfs Augusta episode on YT! 

Just did, and Bonaventure Discount Golf is not too far from my hotel.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Good morning all..

I have been watching "live from" the past couple of days and wow, lots of information coming from the telecast for me...

Yesterday the back and forth between Paul McGinley and Brandel regarding The Players being considered a 5th major was quite interesting, especially hearing Paul McGinley's take on it...

Today one of my biggest takeaways was the Jay Monohan press conference, his health is in question to me, he looked terrible at the start of the conference but saw some colour come back into his face by the middle so that was good, man he must be under considerable stress.

One more question I have for you knowledgable spy's.. Has Rory lost some of his credibility, whether it be his game or his vision for the PGA tour? Just food for thought out there... 

Anyway have a great day everyone, enjoy the day. 

committed to performance excellence

23 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Has Rory lost some of his credibility, whether it be his game or his vision for the PGA tour?

Seems to me that the Tour has hung Rory out to dry quite a bit. Or thrown him under the bus.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 minute ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Seems to me that the Tour has hung Rory out to dry quite a bit. Or thrown him under the bus.

I think without public backing from TW, he lost his forward motion, I also think that he kept getting stonewalling from behind the scenes.  Anything he says now is just rhetoric from his brain to his mouth.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

3 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

sacrificial lamb... yeah possibly eh, he wears his emotions on his sleeve for sure...I like that about him

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

I think without public backing from TW, he lost his forward motion, I also think that he kept getting stonewalling from behind the scenes.  Anything he says now is just rhetoric from his brain to his mouth.

interesting comment about TW... good point...

committed to performance excellence

@KC Golf @Wheelieb I hope both of you get to feeling better.

@Cfhandyman love the painting and Happy Birthday to your wife! 

@EasyPutter safe travels, my friend.

@David Leighton Reid that snake my not be poisonous, but I agree with you that a heart attack would be a possibility if I almost stepped on it. 

@Michael.Sandoval33 I hope the procedure went well for Pickles. 

@tony@CIC I love having the bottom freezer, it makes things so much simpler instead of having to bend over to dig stuff out of the fridge. 

Edited by sirchunksalot

4 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

I had so much beach ( sand traps ) time on the golf course today, that it felt like being at an all inclusive resort. 

If only the GC beverage cart was included!