Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

48 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Like any country we have various areas and climates. Yes Switzerland is known for the Alps, but that is only part of the country. I live about 20 minutes from the German border. It is cheaper in Germany for many things (dentist and some other things) so we often go there for that. 

France is only an hour away. Italy 4 hour drive? ... anyway where I live we get a good amount of rain and wet weather in winter, but the last two winters we had next to nothing. Still down in Montreaux it is like a micro climate and they are usually warmer, same with part of Lucerne. However if you go up the hills a bit you will get plenty of snow. 

Having spent 10 years in (Dusseldorf) Germany, one of the things I really miss are the quick trips to other countries. We were 2 hrs. away from Amsterdam, Brussels, etc. Oh and as to rain - this year, where we live in Florida, we're 20 inches behind (just) this year for rain. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

40 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Looks like 3 were consumed.  😂

I plead the 5th. 🤪

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Finally crawled home. Who knew that being an elderly professional curmudgeon could be so tiring? 
  Too tired to hit the course, going to beat the nursing home bunch to bed to day. Monday is a catch up day at the Dark Kingdom. Should be able to get rounds in on Tuesday and Wednesday, then head back to work. Will be hitting the course for the first time with all three “ Edison Enforcers “ in the bag. Weather should be rather good with lows in the mid-40’s and highs in the mid-70’s. 
  Enjoy the rest of your weekend my friends. 

Not morning but afternoon how bout straka with a 2nd place

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Like any country we have various areas and climates. Yes Switzerland is known for the Alps, but that is only part of the country. I live about 20 minutes from the German border. It is cheaper in Germany for many things (dentist and some other things) so we often go there for that. 

France is only an hour away. Italy 4 hour drive? ... anyway where I live we get a good amount of rain and wet weather in winter, but the last two winters we had next to nothing. Still down in Montreaux it is like a micro climate and they are usually warmer, same with part of Lucerne. However if you go up the hills a bit you will get plenty of snow. 

Geezch… It takes a minimum of 6 hours for me to get out of Texas to another state… Now to get to the Cartel Controlled Texas /Mexican border only about 4 hours.   

10 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Good morning MGSpies on a wet soggy overcast WNY Sunday morning in a peaceful house with hot porridge cooling and Lyle's Golden cane sugar syrup ready to turn it into candy. 

🥌 curling with the Veterans is the main event at noon with a trip to RIT and dinner with son before home in forecast rain, yay.  

Venues like TopGolf, indoor sims, etc @Dead Solid Bogey are a good way to build and extend the sport - what I would like to see (and maybe it is already there) is that those venues are secondary to the Main Event of going out on a golf course for the real challenge of hitting off grass, playing in variable conditions, and the exercise.  There are purists in every sport but the mainstream recognizes that more opportunities is always better as long as "new" does not equal "instead of."

Chuck @cksurfdude the notion of adverse weather pertains to all sports except for a few and cross country or long distance running are amongst the exceptions.  As a high school varsity cross country runner, I loved the bad weather.  In fact the worse the weather the more I liked it.  We did not have many supporters come out to our races including parents but once the varsity cheerleaders did show up to rally our spirits just before the race which was strikingly impracticable, but we were the only cross country team to have cheerleaders at a meet and that made them awesome!

Jamie @GolfSpy_APH if you have snow in your neck of the woods, we definitely need to see photos!

Warmer temps are a tease for thoughts about golf here.  Snow gone here, mostly gone in the snow belts south of here and sodden ground from 2 days of nearly constant rain, so even if a course was open everything would get plugged aka lost.  Hope golf is a part of your day! ⛳

AGREED… The operative phrase is “ in addition to “ and not “ instead of or replacement of “ 

8 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Chuck @cksurfdude the notion of adverse weather pertains to all sports ...

I hear ya. But my wife teaches in a fairly affluent suburban neighborhood and .. sadly .. too many of the kids are being raised with expectations of privilege... Plus the mothers have them over-scheduled with extra curricular activities .. so this one was too easy to blow off........

(PS: cheerleaders are always awesome 😉)

7 hours ago, Preeway said:

Taking my father in law to the Apple Store to get his laptop repaired. He has Alzheimer’s ...

So sorry to hear. Really. My Dad suffered from that scourge for 13+ years. You're a good man .. keep him safe and comfortable...

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Girls On The Run?

Yes! That's the program .. she's been coaching for years and loves it .. lotta work but enjoys working with the kids (but not the parents...).

Another question - do you have a knee brace with metal side stays (more supportive)?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

37 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Another question - do you have a knee brace with metal side stays (more supportive)?

I thought I did, but can't find it.  It must have gotten lost in the many moves I've made since 1971 when I had it.  I was injured in a volleyball comp and had cartilage removed from my left knee... didn't have scopes then so big incision.  Wore the brace for a long time; knee ached for years after that until I had it replaced in 2014.  They had to scope my right knee for torn meniscus before they did the replacement.  

That knee brace is one of the questions I have when I meet with the doc tomorrow morning.  I also want to talk about shots, and can I make it until next fall before replacement.  If they don't think it would be a good idea, I will opt for surgery after the Palm Springs trip in February.  Even if they could do the surgery in the near term, I don't think I would be fully recovered before our trip.  I also have to think about the 2024 MGS Meet-up; I'm thinking I want to be there this time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

59 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Good morning MGSpies on an it couldn't be a more different and unpredictable Monday than I could imagine. Heading to NC to get what family support can be given for younger brother who's had a major medical event and needs someone to help my nephews get things sorted out with their father. Too soon for prognosis, will try to check in as I usually do but these are exceptional times and work must yield when such distance is involved.  Keeping it real though, I did throw the clubs in the vehicle because any opportunity, there's golf weather down there. On my way with several hours left in the journey. 

Hope golf is a part of your day ⛳

Safe travels… Thoughts and prayers for the entire family. 

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

Good morning MGSpies on an it couldn't be a more different and unpredictable Monday than I could imagine. Heading to NC to get what family support can be given for younger brother who's had a major medical event and needs someone to help my nephews get things sorted out with their father. Too soon for prognosis, will try to check in as I usually do but these are exceptional times and work must yield when such distance is involved.  Keeping it real though, I did throw the clubs in the vehicle because any opportunity, there's golf weather down there. On my way with several hours left in the journey. 

Hope golf is a part of your day ⛳

Be safe in your travels, and we will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

23 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Good morning All, 

Mondays get a bad wrap. Rather than looking at today as the onset of another soul sapping grind of a week, I choose Monday to be the first day in a week of opportunities to improve myself and spread kindness. Also, you heard it here first: something big is coming. 

I will have to ponder this rather positive mature adult outlook. This “adulting” stuff is way more complicated than I was lead to believe.