Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

PGA Tour 2023 - RBC Heritage

Splatt

G’day Golfers,

Well, what a Master’s that was! It had everything that you hope for from a major: underdogs near the top of the board, a couple of big hitters battling it out, the course playing dramatically different day-to-day with the weather, some big names missing the cut, trees nearly flattening patrons, I could go on.

Normally this week, I’d have some post-Masters blues, I’d inevitably watch the RBC Heritage, but I’d still be thinking about The Masters; the RBC Heritage did have some big shoes to fill after all.
However, this year is much different.
This year the RBC has a few aces up its sleeve with it being a newly crowned designated event on tour.

When I first heard about its new elevated status it didn’t make much sense to me; surely you would want an off week after the year's first major, but, now we’re here, I get it.
It’s got momentum.
How will the players that had some good rounds last week fair this week, and more interestingly, how will the players who had a disappointing Masters fair this week?

Harbour.jpeg.a49ca548451c37172e8d491076cadf22.jpeg

The RBC Heritage is held at Harbour Town Golf Links, a par-71, 7,121-yard course. The Pete Dye/Jack Nicklaus design has held the RBC Heritage since the 60s and is renowned for its tight fairways, strategically fiendish bunkers, and small tricky greens.
In the past, the former champs have had great success with being able to drive it straight, above-average mid-iron striking, and elite scrambling around the greens.

Last year Jordan Spieth won this event in a play-off victory over Patrick Cantley. Spieth shot a final-round 66 to match Cantlay at -13 over 72 holes. The first play-off hole was on 18 where both golfers hit their approach shots into the greenside bunker, but Spieth knocked his bunker shot to just 7 inches, whereas, Cantlay made bogey from the bunker.

If you’re still on the fence about the RBC Heritage, then check out some of the pairings already announced:

·         Joel Dahmen, Lanto Griffin, Tyrrell Hatton

·         Seamus Power, Lucas Herbert, Kurt Kitayam

·         Patrick Cantlay, Corey Conners, Collin Morikawa

·         Webb Simpson, Cameron Young, Scottie Scheffler

·         Jordan Spieth, Jon Rahm, Adam Scott

·         Xander Schauffele, Shane Lowry, Sahith Theegala

·         Max Homa, Rickie Fowler, Matthew Fitzpatrick

·         Justin Thomas, Sam Burns, Viktor Hovland

*chef’s kiss* Those are some good groups.

Rory McIlroy was supposed to play but he has withdrawn; as far as I’m aware he has not stated a reason. Hopefully, it’s not just because he missed the cut last week at The Masters.

Field highlights

·         Jon Rahm – I’m not sure if you’ve heard or not, but he won a big tournament last week. Rahm stormed his way through Augusta, and even at times it looked like Koepka had pulled off the impossible, Rahm was never flustered. Like water downhill, the inevitable happened and Rahm slipped on that green jacket. It would be made to think that he’s not going to carry across his form from last week.

·         Patrick ‘Mr Slow’ Cantlay – Cantlay has been given a lot of flack online for his slow play during the final round of The Masters. Most of it I believe it warranted as during that final broadcast I was getting royally frustrated with the constant waiting for Rahm and Koepka to hit their next shot. However, just playing Devil’s advocate here, it takes some serious golf balls to play your own game (slow) despite holding up the last group in one of the biggest majors of the year. Cantlay has had some consistent results this year, T-14 at The Masters, T9 at the WGC Match-Play, T-19 at The Players, T-4 at the Arnold Palmer, solo-3 at The Genesis. Cantlay, despite his pace of play, will most likely be involved in the conversation this weekend.

·         Justin Thomas – One of the players coming from a disappointing Masters campaign. After a weather delay, he set out to complete his final 8 holes of his 2nd round with a high percentage to make the cut. He then, probably, the worst 8 hole stretch of his life with a +6 over 8 holes. This, not only made him miss the cut, but also, moved the cut line so that Tiger made the cut. A worthy sacrifice. JT, aside from those final 8 holes, played some decent golf and I would imagine he’s fired up for this event.

·         Scottie Scheffler – Scheffler fell short of defending his title last week at The Masters, but he still made a top-10. Scottie made one of my favourite shots of the tournament last week; round 1, hole 2, 2nd shot (his approach to the green on a par-5). If you haven’t seen it, I highly suggest downloading the Masters app and having a look, every shot of the tournament is still on there. Back to Scottie. His putting let him down at Augusta, he was well below his usual self. If he fixes it for Harbour Town he’ll most likely do better than a top-10.

·         Viktor Hovland – Co-leader after round 1, the boy has some skills. He faded over the next few days, but still ended up with a T-7. Vik has had some decent finishes this season, T-7 Masters, T-3 Players, T-10 Arnold Palmer, T-5 ZOZO, but he’s also had some average ones: T-31 WGC Match-play, T-42 Phoenix Open, T-18 Sentry ToC. The main positive from his record this season is that he hasn’t missed a cut.

Golfers, that’s it from me. May your picks may the cut.

SPLATT

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

One of my favorite PGA tour stops of the year. This course, which not perfect, is radically different than many other Tour stops and I think it allows a lot of the non-bombers a chance to show OTHER ways to get around a golf course. Tiny greens! Beautiful par 3s! Required shotmaking! What more could you want? 

Not that anyone cares but I have played this golf course on my own and was surprised at how, aside from holes 16,17, and 18 you don't really ever see the Calibogue sound. Also 18, with its massive fairway is SO different from the rest of the course but that is the hole everyone thinks of when they think of Harbour Town. Truly a frightening place to play if you don't have control off the tee but an extraordinary walk and they have really invested in that course and brought the conditions back up to a very high level (a decade or so ago it was getting *slightly* run down as I understand it). 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

Hovland has it! 

Great write up and was happy to get my picks in and look forward to watching this weekend! Should be a lot of fun!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Agree that this is a unique course for the tour.  Tight is a relative term but the back nine except for 18 defines “tight”.  The greens are tiny by comparison with the average tour stop.  Most are set diagonally to the approach shot.  Hole 7 might be my favorite hole as it is a brutal green to hit from 180-205.  Almost impossible to shape it into that green.  15 is often played by the pros as a 3 shot par 5 due to its tightness and the way you have to play into the tiniest par 5 green on tour.  I have played Harbour Town about 15 times and can say that it was getting pretty run down back in the 2005-2012 time frame.  Still one of my favorites of all time.  The tournament still gets a good field even though it’s the week after the Masters.

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

1 hour ago, Caddie1966 said:

15 is often played by the pros as a 3 shot par 5 due to its tightness and the way you have to play into the tiniest par 5 green on tour

Watching tour players reach this hole in 2 is truly WILD. As you know from playing it, you have to hug the right side of an already tight fairway. And then sling a high draw over some gigantic trees to get on in two. I played it from way up from the pro tees and hit the left center of the fairway and had ZERO shot at the green, haha. Looking at the photo below, that is a 320 yd drive on the right side of the fairway which leaves 240 in to a green with water short left and just MASSIVE trees. 

image.png.1a0716b08c2bf501a18f3ce0887ff08e.png

Like, look at what you have to hit over, completely blind 240 yd carry over 70-80 ft tall trees. Good luck!

image.png.e0eadaf181c78ac4c7c382be65ea106d.png

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

3 hours ago, vandyland said:

Watching tour players reach this hole in 2 is truly WILD. As you know from playing it, you have to hug the right side of an already tight fairway. And then sling a high draw over some gigantic trees to get on in two. I played it from way up from the pro tees and hit the left center of the fairway and had ZERO shot at the green, haha. Looking at the photo below, that is a 320 yd drive on the right side of the fairway which leaves 240 in to a green with water short left and just MASSIVE trees. 

Like, look at what you have to hit over, completely blind 240 yd carry over 70-80 ft tall trees. Good luck!

I’ve played it from the tips and from the recommended resort tees.  Doesn’t matter, it’s still a 3 shot hole.  The crazy thing is how far right you have to be on your 2nd shot to eliminate carrying that little hazard on the left.  That green looks to be the size of half my front yard.  That some of the pros can carry the trees and the hazard and still land soft enough to hold the green is just amazing.

7 hours ago, vandyland said:

One of my favorite PGA tour stops of the year. This course, which not perfect, is radically different than many other Tour stops and I think it allows a lot of the non-bombers a chance to show OTHER ways to get around a golf course. Tiny greens! Beautiful par 3s! Required shotmaking! What more could you want? 

Not that anyone cares but I have played this golf course on my own and was surprised at how, aside from holes 16,17, and 18 you don't really ever see the Calibogue sound. Also 18, with its massive fairway is SO different from the rest of the course but that is the hole everyone thinks of when they think of Harbour Town. Truly a frightening place to play if you don't have control off the tee but an extraordinary walk and they have really invested in that course and brought the conditions back up to a very high level (a decade or so ago it was getting *slightly* run down as I understand it). 

I also played there many years ago, enjoyed it my kind of track.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, vandyland said:

That's a tough shot. 

I imagine pros would just know their number and line and just trust it

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

8 hours ago, vandyland said:

Tiger responding to whether @fixyurdivotwill reach in two shots... from the forward tee. 

R.0a8781eab2ea58b10a3b70f12dcf8a12?rik=e

I think this particular hole was discussed in last years thread. This has to be in the top 10 most difficult par 5's, to reach in two shots, on tour - thoughts?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

33 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tiger responding to whether @fixyurdivotwill reach in two shots... from the forward tee. 

R.0a8781eab2ea58b10a3b70f12dcf8a12?rik=e

I think this particular hole was discussed in last years thread. This has to be in the top 10 most difficult par 5's, to reach in two shots, on tour - thoughts?

It’s a par 6 for me

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Would love to play this course one day - looks incredibly different from most courses I typically visit and love the variety of shots needed.

Agree that it was a bit of head scratcher to make this a Designated Event, but here we are... 🤷‍♂️

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

These players and caddies are probably getting weary of breaking out the rain gear.  I'm currently watching the Spieth/Rahm/Scott group.  I'm sure it was by chance three Masters champions got selected...right? 🙂  And as I write this, there goes the weather horn 😑.

23 hours ago, Caddie1966 said:

I’ve played it from the tips and from the recommended resort tees.  Doesn’t matter, it’s still a 3 shot hole.  The crazy thing is how far right you have to be on your 2nd shot to eliminate carrying that little hazard on the left.  That green looks to be the size of half my front yard.  That some of the pros can carry the trees and the hazard and still land soft enough to hold the green is just amazing.

I've played that hole too, from both the tips and the resort tees, and man, it's a toughie no matter what. That hazard on the left is sneaky, and you really have to be precise with your 2nd shot to avoid it. And don't even get me started on that green! It looks like it's the size of a postage stamp! It's mind-boggling how the pros can hit it so accurately, carrying the trees and the hazard and still land it soft enough to hold the green. Have you ever tried to go for it? I mean I don't choose always playing it safe. Just curious*

With the forum being as busy as it has been I completely forgot about this! Need to see how my teams and players are doing. 

Hopefully will watch some on Sunday. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

These players and caddies are probably getting weary of breaking out the rain gear.  I'm currently watching the Spieth/Rahm/Scott group.  I'm sure it was by chance three Masters champions got selected...right? 🙂  And as I write this, there goes the weather horn 😑.

Im just watching the Scheffler/Young/Simpson group. Scheffler's putting seems to be better than last week. He's already nailed a few long ones.

Aaron Rai is killing it at the moment. T-2 at -6 with 5 holes left to play.

6 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Im just watching the Scheffler/Young/Simpson group. Scheffler's putting seems to be better than last week. He's already nailed a few long ones.

Aaron Rai is killing it at the moment. T-2 at -6 with 5 holes left to play.

Yes he is.  The combination of two gloves and iron head covers can be crazy good 😁. Jimmy Walker nearly recorded a 29.  I always like seeing the low-mid pack guys names on leaderboards. Hope one of them can keep it rolling through Sunday.

What a shot

Does anybody know why Justin Thomas wears a black band on his left arm, just above his bicep?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

@fozcycle It’s a whoop bicep band - Rory wears one too, but it’s on his wrist. 

https://shop.whoop.com/en-us/products/superknit-bicep-band-parent/?sku=956-01-000-000002

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

14 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Does anybody know why Justin Thomas wears a black band on his left arm, just above his bicep?

It's called a Whoop band.  Basically it tracks all your health and fitness activity - Sleep, recovery, water intake, etc.  A lot of athletes use them as a way to understand their bodies better and stay in the best shape they can.  They have a bracelet version similar to a garmin or fitbit, but I guess with swinging the club and whatnot JT prefers the armband version.

https://shop.whoop.com/en-us/products/superknit-bicep-band-parent?sku=957-01-000-000002

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

1 minute ago, Invader Zim 315 said:

It's called a Whoop band.  Basically it tracks all your health and fitness activity - Sleep, recovery, water intake, etc.  A lot of athletes use them as a way to understand their bodies better and stay in the best shape they can.  They have a bracelet version similar to a garmin or fitbit, but I guess with swinging the club and whatnot JT prefers the armband version.

https://shop.whoop.com/en-us/products/superknit-bicep-band-parent?sku=957-01-000-000002

Does this make me an “athlete”? 😂

F5358876-0986-4D98-9195-31A9169D7006.jpeg

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

2 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Does this make me an “athlete”? 😂

F5358876-0986-4D98-9195-31A9169D7006.jpeg

If that's a Friday evening glass of wine like I think it is, the answer is unequivocally yes 🤣

sidebar, didn't see you had already responded my bad!

Edited by Invader Zim 315

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

44 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

@fozcycle It’s a whoop bicep band - Rory wears one too, but it’s on his wrist. 

https://shop.whoop.com/en-us/products/superknit-bicep-band-parent/?sku=956-01-000-000002

Whoop there it is………

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Anyone catch that shot earlier from Scott out of the bunker? Pretty incredible 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Looks like tomorrow could be an exciting final round. Excited to watch it go down! Can Spieth defend his title? Will we see another round like Fitzpatrick's 63 and have someone further down the leaderboard rise to the top? I could easily see a playoff being needed to find the winner tomorrow.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

I watched part of the tournament yesterday just as Zach Johnson did something he has never done before on tour in something like 1640 rounds.  He parred every hole.  Probably not something he is proud of though, unless it was at a US Open.

Personally, I don't see that as a big deal; I've never parred an 18 hole round either.  🤣  9 holes... yes; 18 holes... no.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, JeanetCorrst said:

I've played that hole too, from both the tips and the resort tees, and man, it's a toughie no matter what. That hazard on the left is sneaky, and you really have to be precise with your 2nd shot to avoid it. And don't even get me started on that green! It looks like it's the size of a postage stamp! It's mind-boggling how the pros can hit it so accurately, carrying the trees and the hazard and still land it soft enough to hold the green. Have you ever tried to go for it? I mean I don't choose always playing it safe. Just curious*

I’ve tried to go for it from the resort tees when I was about half my current age and ended up right of the green as the water left intimidated me.  I don’t remember how I did when going for it but did birdie that hole a couple of times.  But I do think my stroke average was over 5 on 15 for all the times I played Harbour Town.  

Been a solid week for me in terms have Fantasy teams. 

Nice to see Fitz finding form again. It is entertaining to see him play well and especially after how poorly he had been playing. 

Will be a fun Sunday finish!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW