Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's the worst weather you've ever played in?

Birdie Cat 91

9 hours ago, GolfSpy TCB said:

I'm not sure if this counts as "bad weather" because the skies were clear.... but my home course was open year round (muni).  Central Washington is a 4 season part of the state, so I could find myself playing in 104 degree heat in the summer, and as the snow falls in the winter.  But the most severe conditions were during the winter months between snow fall accumulation so nothing on the ground but....  2 degrees, with a breeze blowing (news said the wind chill was -10.  Even with blades and a balata, it felt like hitting rocks with a fire iron.  But OH! THOSE BOUNCES off the fairway!!!  (Like bounding it down the freeway).  I was young and stupid, and paid for it with some wrist injuries to my tendons, but at the time... it was a blast.   🙂 

For sure, you are ready for Canadian golf. We love those bounces off the fairways! 🇨🇦

Playing one length clubs in Canada 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed, 9°  (soon to be replace by :titleist-small: TSR2 thanks to 2023 MyGolfSpy PGA Championship Pool Sponsored by Titleist TSR Woods)
3 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Hybrid - , :cobra-small:19° Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S
Irons - :cobra-small:Speedzone One length 5-GW, 
Wedges - :cobra-small:King One 56° & 60°, 
Putter -   :mizuno-small:Mcraft II
Ball -   :vice:pro

Bag  :motocaddy:Pro series

Butler National during severe thunderstorms with tornadoes in the area.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

My foursome went to Ireland for a golf week.  Played some memorable courses including Tralee, Ballybunion, Waterville and Old Head.  Our itinerary did not allow for rescheduling.

We arrived at Old Head on a cloudy, rainy day.  This beautiful course sits on a peninsula that juts out into the Atlantic ocean with 300 ft cliffs surrounding the border. As we started the round the rain and wind picked up.  30-40mph winds with sideways rain.  Full head to toe rain gear did nothing to keep us from getting soaked.  The wind was so fierce that I could not get a stable stance over the ball and my glasses, aside from being pelted with rain, were being blown off my face.  Some of the tee boxes were closed due to fear we would be swept off the cliffs.

We went back into the clubhouse after the front nine to warm up and get a coffee.  No worries about losing our place on the back.  The bartender could not believe we were out playing in this weather.  She decided I needed a bit of Jamisons in my coffee.

Worst, most fun, best stories round of golf I have ever played.  Wouldn't do it again!

Driver: Callaway Paradym X Accra Fx 2.0 series 200 70gm shaft at 44.25"

3 wood:  Callaway Paradym X Accra Fx 2.0 series 300 80gm shaft at 43.25"

4 hybrid Paradym Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver

Irons: 5-PW Miura CB 57 with Accra iSeries 70i 1/2" short 1* flat

Wedges: 51, 55, 59 Edison gen2 

Putter: L.A.B. custom fitted

All woods and irons/wedges Best Grips leather grips

Oncore Elixer

I remember playing a Elon College Division 3 golf match in Greensboro,N.C. and when we started the temperature was 36 degrees and the wind cut right through you. By the 5th hole the snow began to fall and the saving grace was 3 of us had hand warmers so you could hold the club and putt. I shot 78 and we won the match against 3 other schools. Th Coach took us to a restaurant for the victory and that made it worth it that day. Being from Greensboro I was used to the cold weather golf and we would swap the hand warmers back and forth so everyone could play that day.  At homecoming we still laugh about that day and the Victory. I am sure lots of College golfers have bad weather stories as well.     

Tom Hall Jr.

Well there have been three times that tie for the worst , two on super bowl Sunday , had a group when we were young that were determined to play at least 9 holes on super Sunday in Cbus Ohio , first year it started snow / freezing rain 2 holes in , by the end of 6 holes there was 6 inches of stuff on the ground , move the snow out the path and putt it , the next Super Sunday it was -6° with a 12-15 mph wind and we managed to get 9 holes in , brutal , the third was the Thursday prior to Mother’s Day ( Ohio again ) , playing a mandatory 2 man match play round so the only day to do it was Thursday prior . It was 42° , raining sideways and we were matched against a plus 3 hdcp, and a scratch both in their 20’s , my partner and I were low double digits and he was in his 60’s and I in my 50’s , needless to say being down 7 at the turn , no relief in rain and temp dropped to 39° , we decided that they were the winners and pulled the plug after 9 , the only time I ever stopped mid round 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

I had to play a tournament round in a rain that was hard enough where despite the foot joy rain gear I had on I was soaked after 5 holes. One of of the holes on the back 9 the whole fairway was standing water. So despite a perfect drive, I had to go drop in the rough. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Williams AFB AZ, in the 80’s, 115 in the shade.

Torrejon AB, Spain , about 45 degrees, 20 mph gusts and torrential rain, but the flowing sangria kept us warm.

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

First competitive individual tournament last year: 109 degrees in the morning with 30 mph winds. The round took 5 hours and by the end it was raining and still 100 degrees 😂

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• 3 weeks later...

Pinehurst #4 March 2022.  Torrential downpour once we hit the 10th tee.  Caddie told us to get our rain gear on as he was monitoring the weather and 3 min after rain gear was on the heavens opened up.  It kind of felt like the priest in caddyshack.  Greens had “rivers” running thru them, cups were full of water, and “ponds” on fairway due to inability to drain fast enough.  We finished the back as there was no reason not to, but every club grip was soaked and needed to be dried out in the hotel room overnight for 36 the next day.  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

• 2 weeks later...

I worked at a ski resort in Colorado,  and we did an Employee fundraiser every year after the lifts closed for the winter.  The holes were hula hoops painted orange,  the 9 hole course was laid out over the beginner area and the base area. It was a 9i event only. And given that the course was literally 3' deep snow you had to dig to find each shot.  Played that 1 year in 14°f and snowing. But was dressed for it,  and it was always fun.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 1 month later...

I played when it was 38 degrees, misting, and had winds out of the north at about 25 miles per hour.  I wore a "dryfit" style beanie that didn't absorb water and regulated heat to keep my hot-headed self from sweating, several loose layers on both top and bottom (including silk long underwear, a serious game changer for staying warm without sweating I learned when working overseas), and rain pants on the bottom.  I walked and carried my clubs and put my hands in my windbreaker jacket pockets to keep the winter gloves I was wearing dry and warm with a couple of hand warmers in each pocket.   Finished in under 2 1/2 hours being alone on the course and it was amazing because that course is a lot easier when the wind blows from the north hard.

• Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to N / -1
  • Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond - 15* 3-wood - Project X Denali 6.5 flex shaft - Set to N/S
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - C1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Golf Pride ZGRIP Plus2 on irons and wedges (plus fairway) / Lamkin ST Hybrid Midsize on Driver / Hybrid
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour

It's hard to tell but this was a day of pretty high winds, it was around 28 degrees, and on hole # 6, the snow flurries started(its hard to tell the flakes are coming down in the photo).  I have to say though this photo was taken just after I holed out for 2 on a short par 4 from about 70 yards, so it was well worth battling the elements that day.  My brother and I play often in these types of conditions in N/E Ohio.   It's either that or sit home and don't play for 4-6 months!

Resized_20211113_085030.jpg.ded08f618304f5632014309f4ec35dab.jpg

Edited by Stuka44

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

Not anyones worst ever but recently played a scramble and while on 15th green a monsoon started the far off lightning came galloping in close, nearly no time between seeing and hearing the lightning. We were asked it was up to us, 1 of the guys was ex army and I was ex navy neither would be 1st to quit so here we go fighting our way through the last 3 holes. Proof of reason women live longer than men.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

When you’re playing D2 golf in Syracuse / NE region of the US in a fall & spring season, you learn to play in elements.  

Spring season began in mid-March and if it was above 40* we were loving life.  Fall wasn’t often a very cold season but the rain was what made life fun.  

Worst? I remember in 2002 opening up our season in Binghamton with a local rule that said any ball landing on a snow pile regardless of being in the rough was free relief no closer.  True story.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

55 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Worst? I remember in 2002 opening up our season in Binghamton with a local rule that said any ball landing on a snow pile regardless of being in the rough was free relief no closer.  True story.

Sounds like a perfect rule for 5-7 months of year in many parts of Canada. 😂

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Most of the worst weather I have been in was wind related. That's one thing, but earlier this year I played and it started to snow. It was cold... Windy but what was crazy is in an effort to play fast I didn't have my putter cover on and hit a putt which felt awful and after looked at the putter face but it was covered in ice.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Living in Illinois, if you want to play in the late fall it can get pretty cold. Last year I was playing in the low 40's and while it was cold, I was doing fine till it started "sprinkling", which is to say a mix. On the back, midway through, so just gutted it out, but it got pretty cold, especially the hands. Good times. 😁

Edited by RockerFCC

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

We were playing the Legends of Massillon in the middle of May it was 41 degrees and it started to sleet on us. It got so bad we could hardly putt because the sleet piling up on the greens. We played Fowlers mills the next day and the starter said they had to stop play because they had an inch of sleet on the greens.

Frank musolino 

Worst ever was my Sunapee Golf Course… in early october. Woke up and it was a brisk like 40 degrees but bearable. Walked up to the first tee box and it had dropped to 32 degrees with a 20 moh wind and 30 gusts. It rained, snowed, hailed, and sunny, all in one round. I was ready to quit by the third hole. Only thing that kept me going was the fact my friends father in law paid like 200$ a person to play and i didnt want to waste his money. Think i went through a case of balls cause if it didnt land in the fairway or I couldnt see where it was laying I just hit another. Score card wasnt even a thought during that round

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

The absolute worst was sleet freezing rain and 20+ MPH winds last year in one of my Winter Golf Tour events.  The starting field was 91 golfers, but less than 20 golfers, myself included, finished the 18 holes.

Very close behind that was the rain blowing off the Irish Sea with wind gusts up to 40 MPH last July at Turnberry's Ailsa Course on Scotland's Ayrshire Coast.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Most of the worst weather I have been in was wind related. That's one thing, but earlier this year I played and it started to snow. It was cold... Windy but what was crazy is in an effort to play fast I didn't have my putter cover on and hit a putt which felt awful and after looked at the putter face but it was covered in ice.

A couple of years ago it wasn’t that cold when we started (at least for Canadians) but it started snowing at the turn.  It was melting for a few holes.  It was 2 inches on the green by the 10th so it was impossible to putt or find your ball if you didn’t see it land.  None of us had coloured balls, so we reluctantly gave up! 😂  

Sad to say, I played in worse weather… Rain and Wind…

IMG_3072.jpeg.c877d817943f0b2f3478bb6a9ab5a42e.jpegIMG_3075.jpeg.0f73df1c6f92ebb6cbe1c48dfabc93a7.jpeg

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

Pic doesn’t quite do it justice - was heavy, wet snow and I was in a sweatshirt + vest. Technically the “worst”, but it was a great time. IMG_5241.jpeg.464fc504239fe33f6c572f9d83b89aef.jpeg

Edit: worst weather without a picture was 25*F to start the round with 30-40 mph winds. Lasted about four holes. 

Edited by APFA2315

Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5*

5 Wood: TaylorMade Burner 18*

3h/4h: Adams IdeaTech A4 19*/22*

Irons: Cobra Forged Tec (5-P)

Wedges: Cobra Forged Tec 50*, Vokey SM7 M Grind 54*/60*

Putter: $1 GolfWorks ACS-9

My wife and I played Brackenridge Park in San Antonio TX December 30 in 2012.  Brackenridge was the home of the Texas Open in the 30s, 40s and 50s.  It was the first course in Texas and was designed/built by Tillinghast in 1916.  Byron Nelson won there.  Mike Souchak shot -27 in 1955 and that record for low 72 was not beaten on tour until 2001.  

We played in a scramble hosted by Valero Corporation for their guests at the Alamo Bowl game that night. 2 foursomes per hole.   Shotgun start at 8a.m.  It was 27 degrees and winds were 15-20.  Windchill was in the low teens. It seemed tee shots wouldn’t fly over 200 that day as the balls would not compress.   We played the last 3 holes while snow was coming down..  We finished but about 2/3 of the field did not. Our group tied for 1st at -2.  I don’t remember any other scramble I played that had a winning score of at least -14.   At about 3 p.m. the temps got to the mid 30s.  I think we warmed up about January 5th or 6th.  

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

14 hours ago, APFA2315 said:

Pic doesn’t quite do it justice - was heavy, wet snow and I was in a sweatshirt + vest. Technically the “worst”, but it was a great time. IMG_5241.jpeg.464fc504239fe33f6c572f9d83b89aef.jpeg

Edit: worst weather without a picture was 25*F to start the round with 30-40 mph winds. Lasted about four holes. 

Pictures of cold and miserable days never seem to give it justice on of how cold, miserable and wet you are! 🤣

Scariest weather:  Fayetteville, AR On hole 17 a thunderstorm rolled in and lightning started striking very close with sideways rain.  We finished the round playing the fastest ready golf you can imagine.  Would not do that again.

Worst cold weather:  30 degrees with 30 mph winds and snowing at Paiute Wolf course.  Naturally the day after playing a LV muni it was 75 and wonderful.

Worst hot weather:  Dallas, TX mid afternoon round, no tree shade, 117 real feel.  Humidity was in the 60% range.  Felt like we were playing with a wet blanket around us at all times.  We now refuse to start rounds in the summer after 9 am.

Driver:  Ping 425 Max

FW:  2021 Adams Tight Lies 3W and 5W

Hybrid:  Cobra F9 Single Length 4h

Irons:  2021 Titleist T300 5-48

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52 and CBX Full Face2  56

Putter:  2011 Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Ball:  Srixon Z star divide

Was not playing in it but was actually coaching in it. 20 to 30 mph winds. Temperatures at a high of 40 degrees. Precipitation mix of snow, freezing rain. Easily one of most uncomfortable sporting experiences I've ever had and for reference working football game back in college had the water freeze in the coolers haha

Went to Scotland in 2009 and on our last golfing round we played Gleneagles. The weather was nice at the start of the round, but within 4 1/2 hours we had rain blowing sideways, wind blowing up to 40 mph, the temp went from 55F down to 35F while all the rain and wind was blowing. Additionally, it went from sunny to clouds during the round. The Championship course played the hardest I have ever been on, it was miserable golf on a beautiful golf course.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

Played in a Tournament last Oct.  It started to rain so hard the course was flash flooding.  A tree we were driving past as we drove back to the clubhouse got struck by lightning.  Scary. 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

I think my worst weather on the golf course was a heavy monsoon storm in northern Arizona. The storm was brewing throughout the round and it finally let loose on the 16th hole. We waited in the club house for over an hour waiting for the rain to stop. I believe the course got 4” in a little over an hour. We didn’t finish the round. Haha

IMG_0783.jpeg