HackMotion Training System - 2023 Forum Review

2 hours ago, Bad Golfer said:

Chipping Practice 

This is the first time using the HackMoition for chipping. I was practicing in my yard doing 30 to 50 yard pitches. As gingerbeast87 said above it was indicating that I had a weak grip and to compensate it wanted me to cup my wrist. I would say that I have a Neutral to strong grip. Here is what my session looked like.

Screenshot_20230713_092656_HackMotionGolf.jpg.6a8cd15c5c279660239c88002745ef86.jpg

One thing that surprised me is it actually showed me how to fix my issue.

Screenshot_20230710_192252_HackMotionGolf.jpg.d48864bd6b407ef4a20ffc69b5772189.jpg

Screenshot_20230710_192242_HackMotionGolf.jpg.5eeaadfb45185927ac67e6a3594ed9c2.jpg

Screenshot_20230710_192209_HackMotionGolf.jpg.4996fb6ffa29b453ff29562adeaaf8c6.jpgI had a ton of issues trying to get my wrist into the position that the Hackmotion wanted me to get into. For hitting regular shots it wants you to keep the wrists pretty much flat or bowed so it felt extremely awkward trying to cup them. 

This is my wrist position at that top for most of my shots.Screenshot_20230713_092850_HackMotionGolf.jpg.c61c2cdd63eb171c5714cb6007c0a900.jpg

My impact position was pretty good and consistent. 

Screenshot_20230713_092857_HackMotionGolf.jpg.05192aecd4d95a4ea0992f836ab65db7.jpg

Overall I was happy with how I chipped even though my wrist position is off at the top of my backswing. I will test this out again soon and figure out why it thought I had a weak grip.

Screenshot_20230710_192221_HackMotion Golf.jpg

I mean, there is “ideal” and then there is functional based upon your own anatomy, grip, etc.  If you got to impact the way you needed to to hit the shot you were trying to hit and your contact was solid (not fat/thin), impact is king. 

The rational for having a more neutral position at the top would be to minimize timing needed in the downswing.  But some people just can’t get comfortable or have the time available to practice a new position at the top, so you go with what they can do repeatedly and build off that. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

31 minutes ago, DriverBreaker said:

I mean, there is “ideal” and then there is functional based upon your own anatomy, grip, etc.  If you got to impact the way you needed to to hit the shot you were trying to hit and your contact was solid (not fat/thin), impact is king. 

The rational for having a more neutral position at the top would be to minimize timing needed in the downswing.  But some people just can’t get comfortable or have the time available to practice a new position at the top, so you go with what they can do repeatedly and build off that. 

I agree with you. I'm getting back to a good impact position when pitching. When setting up for a full swing and when I'm in the proper range on the top of my back swing my left wrist appears to be flat or slightly bowed. To get I to the proper range while chipping my left wrist appeared to be cupped pretty good. 

Do you think while pitching I should have my left wrist cupped like the HackMoition sensor is telling me or stick with what is comfortable and is working?

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

25 minutes ago, Bad Golfer said:

Do you think while pitching I should have my left wrist cupped like the HackMoition sensor is telling me or stick with what is comfortable and is working?

Don’t know if you have seen this: https://hackmotion.com/pitching-wrist-alignment/

Hackmotion instruction and therefore recommendation is cupped left wrist.  

did some more looking and it appears this the the technique taught now to expose the bounce.  Bowing the wrist closes the face and drives leading edge down.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Bad Golfer said:

I agree with you. I'm getting back to a good impact position when pitching. When setting up for a full swing and when I'm in the proper range on the top of my back swing my left wrist appears to be flat or slightly bowed. To get I to the proper range while chipping my left wrist appeared to be cupped pretty good. 

Depends on the shot you are trying to hit (thus why I said if you are getting back to impact how you want for the shot you’re trying to hit).

For a lower flight pitch shot, you might be more flexed or a 0* at impact.  For a higher softer pitch, you might be more cupped.  All depends on the shot intention. 

WITB:

Finally shaken off my flu and back feeling like a human again, and got out to the range today to get some more data on my swings. Didn't use the training mode at all, I was just trying to capture some more data sets using the analysis mode to have a base to work off of while trying to improve. Hit 20 short and 20 mid-range pitch shots, and 20 5i shots.

Was a gorgeous day for it, nice crisp 22c with a soft breeze keeping my oversized-self from overheating.

20230715_153449-EDIT.jpg.5b2891fe9ceaf745e3a1f1adc7ff4840.jpg

Screenshot_20230715_181911_HackMotionGolf(1).jpg.2f47cf86034738172b2cd403b8e25f52.jpg

I was hitting my 60° great today, after the first 20 shots the ball marks were just -chefs kiss-

20230715_1532102.jpg.80bb55fb5ed23446e1000fa0893b27a3.jpg

Action photo thanks to my eternally patient fiancee

20230715_153605-EDIT.jpg.a358e8be99436f4e0e88e106cec8a0c9.jpg

I was pretty happy with the data I got back on my pitch shots, from comparing with the pro data I'm certainly less smooth than they seem to be, but I was making good, consistent contact and it was recording the data well, and I was landed in a pretty tight grouping which I was happy with. The biggest thing I've beem trying to work on with my shorter pitch shots is just consistently making a good strike, and today I was nailing that.

The data capture seemed to fall apart a bit on my 5i shots. I'd recalibrated between each session I recorded, but it started capturing massive amounts of extension randomly at the top of some of my swings, that I couldn't even manage to replicate on purpose as my wrist doesn't bend that far. I'm not sure if the sensor was moving or catching on something on those shots, but I was averaging about +5 to +10 ext on most of my swings, and then on others it'd spike up to high 50's. The actual shots I hit when that happened weren't really any different from the others either, similar ball flight, same tempo, so I'm not sure what's happened with those.

Screenshot_20230715_181314_HackMotionGolf.jpg.e4a2e0d8fd399f87ddba893ea4239cf9.jpg

The other issue I've run into is mostly related to the UI and user experience of the app, and it might just be something that irks me, but it did strike me as odd.

When recording a session, there's no option to change clubs midway through and can only be assigned afterwards when saving the session. I'd reached out to HackMotion support about this to ask if it was a feature they were looking at adding, and apparently it's not something the userbase has wanted, so it's not something they're planning on implementing currently.

When I'm practicing I like to start from my wedges and work my way through my bag, but with the HackMotion you can only list one club per session, so if I want to diferentiate what club I'm hitting in my data, I need to constantly stop, assign a club, save the session, close out, and then restart it again, which is pretty convoluted and definitely detracts from my experience as a user.

Why this also seems strange to me is especially when using the clubface control mode, the ranges it suggests then are entirely based on your address position, and don't take into account what club you're hitting. Even with the pro data provided for Thorbjørn Olesen, it shows quite different values between the 3i, 6i and driver swings despite very similar address data for all 3, but none of this is taken into account currently with it suggesting the same ranges for every club.

There's also no way to flag a certain shot as good or bad while in a session, or leave a note on that shot. Especially when I'm trying to work on consistency with shot shapes, I'd love to be able to flag a shot after hitting it to know if it's one I want to go back and review individually later, but currently the only way is just trying to remember what number shot they were afterwards.

Despite the hiccups with the random massive extension values I had on some swings, and the UI, I'm quite enjoying using the HackMotion, and having more data on my swing is definitely useful. Being able to get an actual value for my tempo on a shot is great, as is being able to see how small changes like my grip position or even ball postion affect the entirety of my swing. Currently I'm hoping to get out and play tomorrow to record the data on a 9 hole round, but the weather forecast is currently saying we're expecting rain. Oh well, if that happens I've always got a putting mat!

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Absolutely loving the insights on this! Keep it up!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I agree 100% with your comments: “I'd love to be able to flag a shot after hitting it to know if it's one I want to go back and review individually . . . .”

I’m a new Hackmotion Core user and love this thing so far. I am limited to only Clubface Control practice and flexion/extension numbers, but knew that going in.

After about a week of use with an 8-iron, I went from being about 25-30 degrees too extended at the top and 30% in range at impact to 5-10 degrees too extended at the top and 50% in range at impact.

WITB: Cobra LTDxLS 9.5*; Taylormade RBZ 15*; Callaway FT 21* hybrid; PXG 0311xf Gen 5 25* hybrid; Mizuno MP52 (5-PW); Edel TRP G 50*; Edel DRV S 54*; Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5; Titleist ProV1

35 minutes ago, EZlife007 said:

I agree 100% with your comments: “I'd love to be able to flag a shot after hitting it to know if it's one I want to go back and review individually . . . .”

I’m a new Hackmotion Core user and love this thing so far. I am limited to only Clubface Control practice and flexion/extension numbers, but knew that going in.

After about a week of use with an 8-iron, I went from being about 25-30 degrees too extended at the top and 30% in range at impact to 5-10 degrees too extended at the top and 50% in range at impact.

It's good to see that it is also helping your game.  I'm same as you, really like the system!  Have you has a looks at the drill section, I've found it useful at the start of the session to get me remembering to flex.

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

36 minutes ago, EZlife007 said:

What has been the impact on your actual shots by getting more inline with the numbers?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

What has been the impact on your actual shots by getting more inline with the numbers?

The change has been noticeable. My practice has been with an 8-iron and my Bushnell Launch Pro. Here’s a run down of what I am feeling and what the numbers are doing:

Feeling: Learned during this that I setup with a strong lead hand and a weak trail hand. I worked to strengthen my trail hand and having a square takeaway. This and the motorcycle drill suggested by the app felt powerful and made my swing feel like it took less effort.

Numbers: My club path gradually moved from approximately 2 degrees out-to-in to around zero. My club head speed increased by about 1.5 mph (around 87 mph now). My average carry distance has gone up by 2-3 yards. Angle of attack hasn’t changed much (around 7 degrees) and I’m hoping that will come down as I start to swing more in-to-out.

Hackmotion isn’t a magic bullet, but feel like it will get me where I want to be if I continue to put in the work. The immediate feedback from the app has improved my practice sessions for sure. 

WITB: Cobra LTDxLS 9.5*; Taylormade RBZ 15*; Callaway FT 21* hybrid; PXG 0311xf Gen 5 25* hybrid; Mizuno MP52 (5-PW); Edel TRP G 50*; Edel DRV S 54*; Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5; Titleist ProV1

8 hours ago, Fongle said:

Finally shaken off my flu and back feeling like a human again, and got out to the range today to get some more data on my swings. Didn't use the training mode at all, I was just trying to capture some more data sets using the analysis mode to have a base to work off of while trying to improve. Hit 20 short and 20 mid-range pitch shots, and 20 5i shots.

Was a gorgeous day for it, nice crisp 22c with a soft breeze keeping my oversized-self from overheating.

20230715_153449-EDIT.jpg.5b2891fe9ceaf745e3a1f1adc7ff4840.jpg

Screenshot_20230715_181911_HackMotionGolf(1).jpg.2f47cf86034738172b2cd403b8e25f52.jpg

I was hitting my 60° great today, after the first 20 shots the ball marks were just -chefs kiss-

20230715_1532102.jpg.80bb55fb5ed23446e1000fa0893b27a3.jpg

Action photo thanks to my eternally patient fiancee

20230715_153605-EDIT.jpg.a358e8be99436f4e0e88e106cec8a0c9.jpg

I was pretty happy with the data I got back on my pitch shots, from comparing with the pro data I'm certainly less smooth than they seem to be, but I was making good, consistent contact and it was recording the data well, and I was landed in a pretty tight grouping which I was happy with. The biggest thing I've beem trying to work on with my shorter pitch shots is just consistently making a good strike, and today I was nailing that.

The data capture seemed to fall apart a bit on my 5i shots. I'd recalibrated between each session I recorded, but it started capturing massive amounts of extension randomly at the top of some of my swings, that I couldn't even manage to replicate on purpose as my wrist doesn't bend that far. I'm not sure if the sensor was moving or catching on something on those shots, but I was averaging about +5 to +10 ext on most of my swings, and then on others it'd spike up to high 50's. The actual shots I hit when that happened weren't really any different from the others either, similar ball flight, same tempo, so I'm not sure what's happened with those.

Screenshot_20230715_181314_HackMotionGolf.jpg.e4a2e0d8fd399f87ddba893ea4239cf9.jpg

The other issue I've run into is mostly related to the UI and user experience of the app, and it might just be something that irks me, but it did strike me as odd.

When recording a session, there's no option to change clubs midway through and can only be assigned afterwards when saving the session. I'd reached out to HackMotion support about this to ask if it was a feature they were looking at adding, and apparently it's not something the userbase has wanted, so it's not something they're planning on implementing currently.

When I'm practicing I like to start from my wedges and work my way through my bag, but with the HackMotion you can only list one club per session, so if I want to diferentiate what club I'm hitting in my data, I need to constantly stop, assign a club, save the session, close out, and then restart it again, which is pretty convoluted and definitely detracts from my experience as a user.

Why this also seems strange to me is especially when using the clubface control mode, the ranges it suggests then are entirely based on your address position, and don't take into account what club you're hitting. Even with the pro data provided for Thorbjørn Olesen, it shows quite different values between the 3i, 6i and driver swings despite very similar address data for all 3, but none of this is taken into account currently with it suggesting the same ranges for every club.

There's also no way to flag a certain shot as good or bad while in a session, or leave a note on that shot. Especially when I'm trying to work on consistency with shot shapes, I'd love to be able to flag a shot after hitting it to know if it's one I want to go back and review individually later, but currently the only way is just trying to remember what number shot they were afterwards.

Despite the hiccups with the random massive extension values I had on some swings, and the UI, I'm quite enjoying using the HackMotion, and having more data on my swing is definitely useful. Being able to get an actual value for my tempo on a shot is great, as is being able to see how small changes like my grip position or even ball postion affect the entirety of my swing. Currently I'm hoping to get out and play tomorrow to record the data on a 9 hole round, but the weather forecast is currently saying we're expecting rain. Oh well, if that happens I've always got a putting mat!

I would agree 100% that they need to add in the ability to change clubs during a session.  The crazy different extension numbers is odd.  We’re you using the glove attachment and did you readjust your glove between shots?

WITB:

5 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

I would agree 100% that they need to add in the ability to change clubs during a session.  The crazy different extension numbers is odd.  We’re you using the glove attachment and did you readjust your glove between shots?

Yeah I was wearing the band with my pitch shots because I don't use a glove on those sort of shots, and then used the clip with a glove for my 5i, but I didn't touch or adjust the glove at all through those 20 shots.

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Evening all,

Shorter one tonight.  It's been horrendous weather all weekend so unfortunately was not able to get out and play.  I did however use the time at the range.  Did 30 balls with the Hackmotion on and running data, and the rest without it on.  I found that my shots were definitely going straighter.  The drills section of the app helped get me in the right mindset.  

Only real issue I found was that my data was saying that I was under extended at the top, but still correct at address.  I tried setting up as one of the other testers suggested (strap on but then glove over the sensor).  Even with the numbers saying what they did, the majority of my shots were going straight.  As the data was not correlating to the result of the swing I decided to ignore it and concentrate on the fact that the shots were going where I wanted them to.I

think there must be something I am doing wrong with the device that is causing such odd numbers.  I'm going to get into contact with Martins and see if there's any advice they can offer.

All the best everyone, hope you all have good weeks 😁

Screenshot_20230716-183943.png

Screenshot_20230716-183949.png

Screenshot_20230716-183955.png

Ryan Gardiner 

Something to think about when using the Hack Motion and watching ball flight outdoors.  Gear effect. You could be out of range on the Hack Motion, really would have hit a slice, but toe it an bit and it flies straight. Or, you could be in range on Hack Motion, hit a slice, but center contact, so your path was too far over the top.  Just lots of variables that contribute to a “on target” shot to consider.

WITB:

As a learning experiment, I tried to focus in on the ulnar/radial component of the stable release knuckles down pattern tonight.  I tend to have too much lag and get narrow in the downswing, so I decided to specifically focus here.

I’ll say, to me, it felt like no lag whatsoever to get anywhere close to the example data.  I worked it for about 15 swings or so after warming up, and I’ll be curious to see how it affects curve and trajectory in real ball flight. 

Here is the first shot I filmed and the data that goes with it:

IMG_0965.jpeg.48701fe8573fe7d78123e7a339dcfde0.jpeg

Here was the next shot with the feeling of absolutely no wrist hinge in the back or downswing:

IMG_0966.jpeg.ab6d63fcd96979e193789babd98d1e19.jpeg

Here is the final shot’s overall graphs.  It was a good learning experiment overall, but again, the jury is still out until I can see some ball flight. 

IMG_0967.jpeg.aa9b16f933f4c1cf8bffd9d72daaaf1b.jpeg

WITB:

Managed to get a round in after work today. I have been using the Hackmotion system on my full swing practice for a couple of weeks now. I found that more of my shots were going where I wanted them, and far fewer are going off track.  I even managed to par four holes today!!  Still hit 104 but that was from a load of silly mistakes and three lost balls.

Still not having massive luck with the putting system, but majority of the shots were two putts today (yay for two putts).  I don't know how much of this I attribute to the Hackmotion system, it could just be that the increase in practice has just paid off.

Thoroughly fun game, and the straighter hits have made it more enjoyable and less frustrating.

Looking forward to getting some more time in on the range with the Hackmotion system this weekend as the weather is meant to be shocking in Bristol.

All the best folks.

Ryan

Ryan Gardiner 

Had another 30th ball session tonight with the Hack Motion.  I wanted to continue to work on learning the Stable Knuckles down Release pattern. 

My natural swing is the “Long Hitters Adding Radial” pattern (see comparison below):

IMG_1020.jpeg.91003669865fbe6f76f07cb2e9ce8009.jpeg

Again, as a learning experiment, I’m just trying to learn what this other pattern is like.  It is night and day different between my normal swing.  Imagine feeling like Steve Stricker hands with his pitch shots where there is no appearance of radial at all.  That’s what I have to feel to get anywhere close to minimizing adding radial in my swing (see below):

IMG_1019.jpeg.30cfbb421d6000e52e9b9cbd067eebad.jpeg

It definitely can be useful to show how feel vs real can be completely different.  Same with TrackMan or other pieces of Tech. 

Overall, I’m enjoying using this device.  It provides invaluable internal kinesthetic data in a small package that is minimally invasive.  If you know what you are doing with it, your practice can be focused on things you want to work on and you can get real feedback as to how well you are accomplishing your goals.  It does seem like the ultimate rabbit hole device though. 

WITB:

Afternoon All,

Grotty weather over here in Bristol today so took the time to do some indoor practice. Started off with putting from 3m, then went on to practice short spinny shots.

I've been having some issues with the hackmotion recently in how it is reading my grip at address. Spoke to Martins about it over email and he gave me some good advice. You can now turn off the suggested ranges and set up your own (a slight change that has been brought in since we all got our systems). I think a certain amount of user error has come into it as well, I think it is possible that I had not had my arm completely perfectly set straight when calibrating as I spent a good 20 minutes or so faffing with it until the 3D model on screen was reliably reflecting how my wrist was actually hinged.

Putting was just across the carpet as I don't have a long enough bit of fake turf so I kind of took that into account. As I didn't have much in the way of success with the putting feature before, I have been somewhat remiss in using it on my practice sessions. The rain today has forced me into giving it another try and I actually found it to be slightly better than I remember.image.png.849ffd99622f98669c0995161aafb1d5.png

Width of my lounge is a fairly decent 3m so I was able to try to mimic the comparison data on the screen. Again, I like using the full analysis mode as I find it easier to interpret the data in that fashion. I was fairly happy with the results, but as with the last time I used it, the sensitivity of the device caused it to pick up a lot of movements as strokes. Once I went through and pruned the data I was able to review my activity.

image.png.062aaf5a4255e785e6cca7ef89b9b7d2.png

So overall fairly happy with the putting practice today.

Moved over to practicing my chipping next so out came the fake grass and the ping pong balls to save the tiles and the windows.

image.png.5961ae08103d344ed742e02fbc1751ae.pngimage.png.ec05c567a70fc89c59e5b84d22e37d69.pngimage.png.02b2516ee2ddd8f4bf28fca9eeeb74d4.png

As I was limited on distance today I was just trying to perform a short, high, spinny shot. The best data I could find to serve as a comparison was the high pitch, low spin, 10 yard shot. I only went half power on it so I could focus on how to move my hands and wrists with the shot. Overall I was able to control the ball fairly well and create some nice high spinning shots. Best one had to have been the one that landed next to Steve the Cat without him even noticing (he was bird watching)....

image.png.4a166c2cc3a157f2ab96d54800404305.png

Hope the weather has been good enough for everyone else to get out there and play.

All the best

Ryan

Ryan Gardiner 

I tried the putting feature today… same problems as the other testers have reported.  Miss reads quite often.  Seems like the potential is there, but needs to iron out some of the quirks. 

WITB:

Chipping Update

I spent some time yesterday morning practicing chip shots. My wrist angles were much better than when i previously practiced with it. As far as impact i did extremely well. The top of the backswing is another story. In order to get into the proper range on the top of the backswing it felt like my wrists were really cupped and the club was sticking strait up in the air. As far as results were it resulted in higher ball flight and possibly more spin. Its hard to tell the spin while hittin in regular grass.

Here are the results:

Screenshot_20230723_092855_HackMotionGolf.jpg.913b8d01092faf07d349c5e5d68996e6.jpg

Screenshot_20230723_092914_HackMotionGolf.jpg.f8da5d44da4411ff3a3d064d5efd7da7.jpgThe last 7 shots were all in the correct range but I can say that even though they are in the correct range it doesn't always result in a good shot.

Overall my iron play has been very good lately and I feel like I'm getting much more consistent in ball striking coming away with more pure shots.

I even ended up shooting my lowest 9 hole score last week after putting away my driver and playing smarter and ended up shooting a 41. 

I definitely believe that the Hackmotion is making me more consistent.

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

33 minutes ago, Bad Golfer said:

Chipping Update

I spent some time yesterday morning practicing chip shots. My wrist angles were much better than when i previously practiced with it. As far as impact i did extremely well. The top of the backswing is another story. In order to get into the proper range on the top of the backswing it felt like my wrists were really cupped and the club was sticking strait up in the air. As far as results were it resulted in higher ball flight and possibly more spin. Its hard to tell the spin while hittin in regular grass.

Here are the results:

Screenshot_20230723_092855_HackMotionGolf.jpg.913b8d01092faf07d349c5e5d68996e6.jpg

Screenshot_20230723_092914_HackMotionGolf.jpg.f8da5d44da4411ff3a3d064d5efd7da7.jpgThe last 7 shots were all in the correct range but I can say that even though they are in the correct range it doesn't always result in a good shot.

Overall my iron play has been very good lately and I feel like I'm getting much more consistent in ball striking coming away with more pure shots.

I even ended up shooting my lowest 9 hole score last week after putting away my driver and playing smarter and ended up shooting a 41. 

I definitely believe that the Hackmotion is making me more consistent.

That’s exactly it. Technically, you could make a perfect golf swing, let’s say a robot is swinging.  But if the robot is set up too far away, it will miss the ball.  If it is set up on the toe, it will hook, if it is set too tall, it will thin, too short, it will fat, aimed too far left, it will pull, etc. 

There is so much that goes into hitting shots on target.  Lee Trevino opened way left and hit a push fade. 

I am a fan of the device for many reasons, and I do think it can be beneficial for a wide range of golfers. It’s just everything has to have context. 

But as long as you are trending in the right direction and the overall swing is improving towards your goal, keep it up.  Often I’ll assign a drill or an exercise to a student and the expectation is that they will actually hit the ball worse for a while until they get used to the new aspect of the swing, but the long-term improvement is huge and gets to where we need to be. 

WITB:

6 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

That’s exactly it. Technically, you could make a perfect golf swing, let’s say a robot is swinging.  But if the robot is set up too far away, it will miss the ball.  If it is set up on the toe, it will hook, if it is set too tall, it will thin, too short, it will fat, aimed too far left, it will pull, etc. 

There is so much that goes into hitting shots on target.  Lee Trevino opened way left and hit a push fade. 

I am a fan of the device for many reasons, and I do think it can be beneficial for a wide range of golfers. It’s just everything has to have context. 

But as long as you are trending in the right direction and the overall swing is improving towards your goal, keep it up.  Often I’ll assign a drill or an exercise to a student and the expectation is that they will actually hit the ball worse for a while until they get used to the new aspect of the swing, but the long-term improvement is huge and gets to where we need to be. 

That makes perfect sense. The HackMoition is getting my wrists to do what they are supposed to in the swing but if my body rotation and ball position and overall form is off I will get less then desirable results. 

I'm definitely trending in the right direction. I'm able to make much better contact with way less miss hits. One thing that I have been noticing is that i have been fading my irons more when in the past i was pretty much strait or pulled pretty hard left. Tee box has been rough the last couple weeks with the driver although on Friday evening I drove the ball much better with only 2 snap hooks off the box. The one good thing I can take away from the bad drives is that I'm getting pretty decent at scrambling and getting back out to the short grass.

Had a half day at work today, so I went out and played a round at a 9 hole, par 29 executive course near me, and shot 32. 

Best I've played in a while, and while I still hit my high fade, I felt more confident in hitting it exactly how I wanted because I've been able to practice and actually see feedback on having the the same swing every time. Short game was great too, and long putts I wasn't having any confidence issues with for once. 

Can definitely say being able to practice with the HackMotion and being able to match feel with actual data has really helped in making my swing more consistent and trustable. 

I made a video showing how quick it is to get up and running with the HackMotion.  Also has some thoughts on some of the pros/cons of the device in my testing thus far.

WITB:

This review has been such a fun follow. Really interesting to see all the data and information that has come from all of it and am very excited for when the final reviews are up and how everyone will plan moving forward after testing with it!

I seem to recall that HackMotion may have some other things in the works later on this year which could mean more longevity for this product. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 7/21/2023 at 8:17 PM, DriverBreaker said:

It does seem like the ultimate rabbit hole device though. 

Really enjoying your review and everyone else’s here (now that I’ve finally caught up a bit).  
This comment has me wondering though, and maybe I’m risking asking you to jump ahead to a final review assessment, but in your opinion is this a good product for an everyday golfer to simply pick up off the shelf and start using, or maybe only as a supplement or means to augment teaching pro lessons?  I’m still a little concerned with the idea of jumping into working on wrist positions without really paying attention with how those positions match up with the rest of one’s positions.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

33 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Really enjoying your review and everyone else’s here (now that I’ve finally caught up a bit).  
This comment has me wondering though, and maybe I’m risking asking you to jump ahead to a final review assessment, but in your opinion is this a good product for an everyday golfer to simply pick up off the shelf and start using, or maybe only as a supplement or means to augment teaching pro lessons?  I’m still a little concerned with the idea of jumping into working on wrist positions without really paying attention with how those positions match up with the rest of one’s positions.

I think that is ultimately the real question.  I mentioned it in the video, but the user owes it to themselves to do their reading and studying via the resources HackMotion provides.  If you aren’t willing to do that, good luck.  I showed how I could stall and flip through impact and still get an impact within range. 

If you aren’t willing to do the education part, then having a coach alongside would be a good strategy.  But the golf swing is also more than just wrist conditions.  No doubt that is a huge part of it.  I can stand in any position imaginable (my favorite is hitting driver from my knees) and still make contact and have the ball go reasonably where it should.  But to play your best, the whole system needs to be working well. 

WITB:

Afternoon all,

Took the Hackmotion system out to the range yesterday. Got to say, since I realized I was being a spoon with the calibration, I feel that I am back on track.  It must not be an entirely uncommon issue as Hackmotion have recently sent out a video for how to calibrate the system properly. I did most of my shots on the irons and wedges, and found that the dispersion range was a lot tighter than before I started using it. As with the other sessions, I found myself having the audio feedback on as it means I don't need to move my eye from the ball, and can by and large ignore the phone screen during the swing.. Using the audio feedback means I can focus on my swing and make small adjustments as I go.

image.png.97d9f42fa506b6ded149cf5564a13039.pngimage.png.9ff3a14349520ec46b3a298ce2f9bee5.png

Spent my time working on my tempo as well and have got it down to an average of 3.4. Keeping the tempo between my backswing and downswing steady seemed to have a good impact on the overall quality of the shot.

image.png.103d3539a74e880036a1dd528b32ca9f.png

I have found I tend to use the full analysis mode most of all the features. I like that I can have comparison data on screen, so I can see what I need to adjust if I don't find that the ball is going where I think it will (bet the end of that sentence sounds familiar to everyone on here 😄 ). I do however use the club face control mode for the start of the session in order to get my brain ticking in the right way.

I also took some of the time to play around with the swing style for the shorter game stuff, pitching shots 100 yards and less. I found that the results were generally fairly good. I had to use a different club to what was suggested for one of the types of shot (pitch, low launch, high spin, 75 yards). Because I was focusing on my wrists and movements I found that I lost distance, so to compensate I clubbed up to a 9 from a pitching wedge. This worked for me and gave me the distance to achieve the shot

So, yeah overall still finding the system is helping to improve my game. Planning on playing this Tuesday, and possibly this weekend if the weather holds off.

One little crow. I use the GolfFix app to help analyse where I may be making mistakes. Got my first ever score of ten for one of the shots I uploaded....that was a good feeling!!

image.png.eadd5f81f9a5060877fbbe5b5f8287d7.png

All the best folks.

Ryan

Ryan Gardiner 

Little bit disappointed in the HackMotion today, I've been practicing some greenside chipping down my hallway with a net and some Callaway soft practice balls, and the sensor just will not detect the hits at all. Hitting off a mat, and the club still makes decent contact clipping the ball off of the mat. 

For how smart the sensor is, it is strange that there's no way to practice without hitting a real ball, even just to be able to practice swing a club at home and get feedback on wrist position

Curious to find out from the other testers: 

1) What has been your favorite and least favorite part of practicing with the Hack Motion to this point?   

2) What has been the most beneficial and least beneficial part of practicing with the Hack Motion to this point? 

WITB: