Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Upgrade Time?

After about 60 rounds of golf with my PXG 0311 XP irons I’ve found that the control with those are almost non existent. I have them in n 5-PW and a GW. Love the distance but understanding that distance doesn’t mean better scoring. So maybe looking at something not as expensive to get my feet back into the Players Distance irons like the takomo 201 irons. My driver is a Callaway Rougue ST Max LS with a tensei 1K x-shaft. My woods are PXG proto 5 and 7 woods. My wedges are taylormade hi toe 3 in 54 and 58 degrees. Avid player and striver of getting better. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Takomo 201 I would still put in the CB category. The 101t is more players distance imo. 

My first question would be what are you going to achieve? Just more control? 

Do you have gapping issues?

Thankfully there are a lot of options out there for you from Takomo, Sub70, Haywood, Caley, New Level and more in the DTC space. 

Another option which could be a good read and option is the newest srixon article on the main site. Blending sets so you can get a little of the best of everything. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Wheelieb said:

After about 60 rounds of golf with my PXG 0311 XP irons I’ve found that the control with those are almost non existent. I have them in n 5-PW and a GW. Love the distance but understanding that distance doesn’t mean better scoring. So maybe looking at something not as expensive to get my feet back into the Players Distance irons like the takomo 201 irons. My driver is a Callaway Rougue ST Max LS with a tensei 1K x-shaft. My woods are PXG proto 5 and 7 woods. My wedges are taylormade hi toe 3 in 54 and 58 degrees. Avid player and striver of getting better. 

I would agree with @GolfSpy_APH on the Takomo's. The 101t's are what would be considered in their players distance category. Thought I believe the loft are the same in the 201 and 101t. I was part of the recent Takomo irons test and the other testers and I had good things to say about them. It did not include the 201's but 3 of us did test the 101t's and we had a tester for the the 301mb and 301cb. Here is a link to that topic if you want to learn more about them and ask questions. I know the other testers and I will be happy to answer and provide feedback. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Takomo 201 I would still put in the CB category. The 101t is more players distance imo. 

My first question would be what are you going to achieve? Just more control? 

Do you have gapping issues?

Thankfully there are a lot of options out there for you from Takomo, Sub70, Haywood, Caley, New Level and more in the DTC space. 

Another option which could be a good read and option is the newest srixon article on the main site. Blending sets so you can get a little of the best of everything. 

On Takomo’s site it says the 201’s are Player Distance irons. But I can kind of work my PXG’s left and right, just not as much as I want when needed. I know that I would lose distance but I’m ok with that as I would rather have the ability to shape shots better putting myself in better areas. I’m also not trying to spend a lot on irons again cause I value paying for better courses to play which in turn are more difficult. But that’s just my opinion. Plus I also like the looks compared to the 101T’s. But again, that’s just me

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4