What Brands/Products Do You Want To See for Member Testing 2024?

GolfSpy_APH

Just now, StrokerAce said:

new level irons
pxg
shafts for woods (I think we tried iron shafts once and that was a disaster)
footjoy shoes
xxio
yonex

Indeed we will be staying away from iron shafts... Logistics and more are a nightmare.

I think you'll be happy 😉

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I agree with newer companies too.   Would love to test out Takomo's new Driver or Hybrids set. Have not heard of new level before.  Off to Google I go!

New Level looks like a good company to try out. They have a lot more shaft selections than Takomo. I want new irons and want to go back to a muscle back, but the tech is so good on the player distance club heads and now you can shape your shot with some of them. I do like what Takomo has to offer, but I like the project X rifled shafts instead of the stepped shafts I have now. I have a set of Mizunos that have the project X shaft. I just couldn't shape the shot with those club heads. I loved my Titleist DCI 990s but I wore those out. Longest set of irons I ever had lol. The new companies are intriguing to me. And I am ready to pull the trigger on a set. Plus, buying from some of these new companies won't break the bank. Heck, both Takomo and New Level are about the same as buying a new driver.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver- Steadfast S Jupiter 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-Steadfast S 45” shaft 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

Irons: New Level 6-PW 902PD 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50*, 52*, 56* (TW Grind)

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

5 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

This may have already been recently done…. But cart or stand bags with 14-15 individual dividers. 

YeS! Or a hybrid bag suitable for both!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

27 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

This may have already been recently done…. But cart or stand bags with 14-15 individual dividers. 

I am using the ASKECHO bag currently. It's a cart bag and has plenty of storage. Here is their website https://askechogolf.com/ I purchased mine on Amazon. 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Not sure if this really answers the question, but are we going to see new Callaway Apex irons in 2024?  I understood they were going to release new Apex irons (not Apex Pros) that used the AI face design from Paradigm with the head design of an Apex.  I was disappointed to only see the AI Smoke irons introduced in early January.  Assuming they do release an Apex 2024, that is my vote for a review.

1 hour ago, Erin B said:

I am using the ASKECHO bag currently. It's a cart bag and has plenty of storage. Here is their website https://askechogolf.com/ I purchased mine on Amazon. 

I almost snagged an ASKECHO as someone in my league has one and is very satisfied.  Ended up finding a Callaway Org 14L Navy Red USA Cart Golf Bag on clearance from Wally World.  Can't wait for the weather in Michigan to allow carts back on the courses.  Might be a few months though . . . 

Callaway-Org-14L-Navy-Red-USA-Cart-Golf-Bag.jpg

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I need everyone to forget about testing the new Cobra Darkspeed lineup please. Yes that's right,  forget about it...

Forget about it....

Forget about it....

(I'm attempting hypnosis,  did it work?)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:05 AM, Erin B said:

New Level looks like a good company to try out. They have a lot more shaft selections than Takomo. I want new irons and want to go back to a muscle back, but the tech is so good on the player distance club heads and now you can shape your shot with some of them. I do like what Takomo has to offer, but I like the project X rifled shafts instead of the stepped shafts I have now. I have a set of Mizunos that have the project X shaft. I just couldn't shape the shot with those club heads. I loved my Titleist DCI 990s but I wore those out. Longest set of irons I ever had lol. The new companies are intriguing to me. And I am ready to pull the trigger on a set. Plus, buying from some of these new companies won't break the bank. Heck, both Takomo and New Level are about the same as buying a new driver.

Hi all, just wanted to provide you with an update: I went with New Level. I ordered the 902 PDs. They have a smaller head than the 902 OSs otherwise I probably would have gone with 623s or Takomo 201s. The deciding factors to go with New Level were 1. the shaft choices and 2. the turn around time. Takomo just didn't have the particular shaft I was looking for. Sub 70 did, but the reviews on the Lew Level clubs seemed to be better even though John Daly is sporting the Sub 70 clubs I was interested in. The value I felt I was getting from New Level was just better. Now, that's not to say I will like these clubs better than my PXGs, but after all the research, think I will and the $600 price tag made this experiment affordable. I haven't been this excited for new clubs in a long time. I wasn't this excited when I was waiting for my PXGs, so I hope I'm not disappointed. So, with that being said, here is the skinny on my order. New Level 902 PD 5-PW bent 1* flat with 2* strong loft, mated with Project X IO 6.5 3/4" over standard. I am usually a 1" over standard and that is what I am fitted for, but after researching shaft dynamics and agreeing with my pro, I decided to knock of 1/4". We also agreed that the 2* strong would be better for me because I already hit the ball really high and it stops on a dime, and that's why I went with the Project X IOs. I am a huge fan of the Project X LZs but they weren't an option and the LZs are a high launch shaft, but l am super curious about the IO. That, and I am getting out of a stepped shaft, which I don't prefer. To be honest I don't really mind my KBS Tour Lite Xstiff shafts in my PXGs. For a stepped shaft, it's probably the best stepped shaft I've played for my swing. Anyway, I got a little long winded so I will leave you with this; Happy Birdie Hunting!!! Here is New Level's website if you want to check them out. https://newlevelgolf.com/

Thanks for reading!

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

1 hour ago, BringerofRain said:

I just saw a targeted ad for the SF1 impossible to slice driver.  The ad was pretty good too. 

I would be really interesting to put that to a full test. 

I have 3 SF1 shafts. One for Ping, one for Cobra, and one for TaylorMade. I like them. They are like a +shaft so If you hit in the lower range of your speed for your flex you should go to their lower flex. I swing consistently 105-107 MPH and was in Xstiff in stock shafts. I went with the stiff flex SF1 Jupiter shaft and was not disappointed. 

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the hybrid iron sets in testing, like the halo launcher xl, tour edge hot launch, macgregor wizard, Cobra t-rail, etc

32 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the hybrid iron sets in testing, like the halo launcher xl, tour edge hot launch, macgregor wizard, Cobra t-rail, etc

I second this. And besides that, nothing in particular comes to mind unless any new DTC models come out this year. MGS has been phenomenal with the library of information on them.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Just saw these advertisement somewhere. Waterproof bags. They have  hybrids, cart, stand bags, interesting club separation options too. (at least that I haven't seen before)

Screenshot_20240117_155214_Instagram.jpg.9e8eb79a6071a791a95d29e233febb43.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

Also it's worth noting there is essentially no company we haven't already reached out to. The team has been going full go to find a wide range of products for member testing.

The anticipation is killing me!  Just seeing the tests so far, thinking this is going to be a great year for testing.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We got a few confirmations that are going to make jaws drop... 

Awesome!  Can't wait to see what comes thru. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Also it's worth noting there is essentially no company we haven't already reached out to. 

I bet we could come up with someone you didn’t/haven’t reached out to. 🤪

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hoping to see the new Mizuno Pro line up for testing. Those look super nice

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Personally, I would like to see more Fairway Woods tested out. I see a lot on drivers, irons, and putters which are fantastic. But I am curious how the new Fairway offerings are checking out.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Man its hard to say what else we should be testing. With so much already on the docket for new releases on clubs, shoes, balls, accessories, etc. it would be tough to name something off the top of my head. 🤔

Really i think all game improvement stuff needs to be tested as much as anything else. I like seeing things like the MLM2PRO and the Stack systems being vetted. There will inevitably be another training aid that claims big gains in yards or consistency so weeding out the "meh" items from the "Yes, this will help you!" is very helpful.

What about golf instructors (online/offline)?  Is that something we can objectively test? Just thinking out loud. Feel free to spear that suggestion.

Edited by snoopy79

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: Testing default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges Go here to learn more!

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Ball: TBD

26 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

When does the testing period for golf clubs begin?  Does it usually coincide with the opening of most players ghin accounts?

We already had a chipper. And putters. No time periods. Just depends when we have slots to fill and works with the OEM.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We got a few confirmations that are going to make jaws drop... 

giphy.gif

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review